Burgund Haneiyuutan/The anti heroic epic of Burgund

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Light Novel translated?

Yes
100%
Not really (please give reason)
No votes
No (please give reason)
No votes

Total votes: 13

Chingaruna517
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Madan no Ou to Vanadis
Burgund Haneiyuutan

Burgund Haneiyuutan/The anti heroic epic of Burgund

Post by Chingaruna517 »

- Written by Ayumu Yachimata (八街歩) & illustrated by Cafe Cat (珈琲猫) -
IMG_0001.PNG
Spoiler! :
Japanese:
ジュブレーヌ騎士学園の学生・シュン。何をやらせてもダメダメで、退学寸前という彼には、誰にも言えない"家族"の秘密があった。大切なものを守るため、史上最弱の落ちこぼれは「英雄」を目指す!!
-----------------------------------------------
English (Self Translated)
The story focuses on an infamous boy named Shun, a student of one famous academy who is on of verge of being expelled due to his poor performances. Aside from that, he also have a unspeakable secret about his "family". In order to protect his most important thing, the weakest warrior is now aiming to be a hero!

Teaser Project: click here

Pictures and series information are in courtesy of jcafe24.net.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chingaruna517
Kyonist
Burgund Haneiyuutan

Re: Burgund Haneiyuutan (バーガント反英雄譚)

Post by Chingaruna517 »

Hello? Isn't anyone find the story interesting?
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

Chingaruna517 wrote:Hello? Isn't anyone find the story interesting?
No one can make any judgment with a synopsis that short. And to be honest, it looks pretty generic as well. Still, in my opinion the biggest factor of why no one replied is... because people rarely visit this forum anymore :(
Chingaruna517
Kyonist
Burgund Haneiyuutan

Post by Chingaruna517 »

Huh? Why? The artwork is nice though......
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

Chingaruna517 wrote:Huh? Why? The artwork is nice though......
Why you ask... For starter, maybe you can explain what's the unique appeal of this novel compared to other generic harem-fantasy-in school setting LNs. And while the artwork is quite nice, it's nothing really special in my opinion (there are loads of artwork of this quality in Pixiv).
Chingaruna517
Kyonist
Burgund Haneiyuutan

Post by Chingaruna517 »

Well for a brief explanation, (no spoilers intended) the parent of the our main protagonist Shun is actually a hybrid of Demon Queen and Hero, and he also have several step-sisters. Not mind about the harem story goes down though, but I am into the series since I read some of their illustrations. Also, the hero himself is more like an Anti-Hero type, meaning that what he did may or may not for good deed.
WakuKun
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Bokurano Alternative, Mondaiji-Tachi <3

Post by WakuKun »

I intend to buy at least volume 1 from Japanese Amazon.
I'd like to read it and give it a chance, even though the reviews on Amazon are between 1 to 2 stars.
Guess people are not satisfied with the light novel series. I'd like to know why.. XD

The artwork indeed is nice!
Just watch, I'll do it!
Currently working on a translation for 「ぼくらの ~alternative~」
WakuKun
Project Translator

Post by WakuKun »

I received Volume 1 a couple of days ago and tried to translate the prologue.

I'm not sure about the names though. I'm sorry if the names are wrong. Please let me know.
Anyways, here you go:
Spoiler! :

Prelude
In a classroom

"As it stands, you will be expelled."

"Umm...professor. I could not hear very well. Could you please repeat it."

"You will be expelled, if you remain as is. That is the situation."

The voices of two individuals echoed in the small room. One of them is a confused voice of a young boy. In contract, the other one is a calm voice of a mature woman.

"....I'm sorry. I still could not hear very well..."

"I understand that this may be shocking, but if you remain as is, you will be out. OUT. Do you understand? It's time for a reality check, Harvest."

"Um...so you will be fired from the school, if nothing is done?"

"How do you get that? The one leaving is you, of course! Why would I, the instructor, be fired?"

"I thought that it is understandable for an instructor who cannot satisfactorily teach an immature student, even driving him to expulsion, to be fired...."

Swish

The tip of a sword was right in front of the boy's eyes. The woman had drawn the sword she was carrying on her waist. The scary thing was, the boy had no idea when the woman drew the sword, let alone, put her hand on the grip. When he realized it, he found the tip of the sword almost touching his nose.

She had drawn her sword at a divine speed.

"If you talk back at me, I won't restrain myself."

"Yes, I am sorry, Ms. Muska..."

The boy had no choice but to reply in a pitiful tone with cold sweat running down his body.

Well, this woman wearing a sword on her waist.

It is a bit unsettling that she is arming herself with a sword, but it is not too odd considering her profession. She is a knight.

This is a knight's academy - as the name suggests, it is an educational institution to foster knights. This woman is a real knight, and an instructor at this school. This boy is a student at this school.

The name of this boy is Shun. He is a boy with black hair and eyes.

The name of the female knight is Muska. Her full name is Muska Nyan Fronti. She is a beauty with cool eyes and brown hair tied in the back. Her mature body is contained in the knight's uniform.

She is in her mid-twenties, and definitely passable as a gorgeous woman when she keeps her mouth shut. However, her face shows fatigue and somewhat lacks vigor.

"Ms. Muska, why am I going to be expelled?"

".... Are you seriously asking this?"

"Couldn't you at least tell me the reason?"

Seeing Shun talk without reservation made Muska look sour. Then, she put her hand on her chest, as though she is in pain, and took a small bottle out of the pocket of her uniform. She opened the bottle, took a pill out into the palm of her hand, and threw it into her mouth.

"Ms. Muska, is it the gastritis again?"

"Yes, it is. Having to take care of the problematic students is giving me head and stomach aches."

Muska's gastritis was well known among the students.

"Are you taking the medication as directed? It doesn't seem to be getting any better."

"I am taking it. A bottle a day."

"Isn't that too much...?"

"Recently, I started taking medication for stomach irritation for over medicating."

"That is a downward spiral."

"The number one culprit is shameless..."

Muska contorted her beautiful face to glare at Shun.

"Well, it's all right. In any case, I think it is difficult to believe that you can pass with your grades."

"But I have managed to pass thus far, and was able to become a third level student."

"It is easy to pass to the next level. If you enroll at the school, you can progress to the third level. However, in order to become a knight, you have to pass the final exit exam. Your current grades do not even qualify you to take the exam.

"I am trying hard..."

"Then how do you explain these grades?"

Bang! Muska slammed the desk. There was a bundle of papers on the desk; they were Shun's grades at this school.

"You are the last place in every theoretical subject, language, math, history, politics, Mado engineering, military strategy, and culture. What do you think about these grades?"

"I am not very good at using my brain..."

He is also at the bottom in practical subjects: swordsmanship, fighting skills, strategy, basic fitness.

"What about these?"

"I am not very good at using my body..."

"There is nothing you are good at!"

Muska exclaimed, close to screaming. She held her chest with one hand, and her head with another.

"Frankly, these grades are unbelievable. I nearly cried when I was writing your grades in the report card."

"Actually, it's rather laughable. Hahahahaha."

"Really, is this funny? Am I that ridiculous? Worrying about your grades to the point where it is making my stomach hurt? Is it that funny?"

"I'm sorry, Ms. Muska."

This is bad. Muska is starting to lose it. Shun is finally realizing that he cannot get by with a smile.

Having Muska say all this, finally got Shun to realize that his position at the school is really at risk. He thought that he can automatically become a knight by simply enrolling in the knight's academy, but it doesn't seem to be that easy.

"Listen, Harvest. I will say this one more time. With your current grades, you will not be allowed to take the final exit exam, and you will be expelled in the near future."

"Is there anything I can do? I promised my dead parents that I will become a knight. If I get expelled, I cannot face my parents in heaven."

"I want to say that you did this to yourself. But it is not that I want to definitely expel you. In fact, I would like to have you at least take the final exit exam."

Shun clung to the words that came out of Muska's mouth.

"Then...."

"I will give you a one last chance."

Muska muttered with a slightly tired expression.

"I begged and begged and begged and begged and pleaded with every instructor yesterday, and arranged for your special make up exam next week."

Apparently, she was tired from doing this.

"If you manage to score a passing grade in this make up exam,"

"I can become a knight?"

"No, that won't happen."

"What? Why?"

"Listen to me. If you manage to pass the make up exams, you will be eligible to take the final exit exam. You have to pass the final exit exam, in order to become a knight."

This, however, is significantly better than being expelled without being allowed to take the exam. Shun agreed.

"I will say it again. This is your last chance. Be sure to study hard."

"Well, it is not that I don't take the exams seriously. But during the exam, I hear a weird voice in my head, and I get distracted...."

"It is not even funny to say that you lose consciousness from lack of sleep. Be sure to take care of yourself before the exam and get some sleep."

"Yes, I understand. Thank you very much, Ms. Muska."

He is convincing only in his response. Muska muttered as she placed her hand on her forehead.

"If you understand, you can leave."

"I can?"

"I can keep giving you a long lecture, but instead, use the time to study and prepare for the make up exam. If you score poorly on the make up exam, I will not forgive you."

"Yes, thank you very much, Ms Muska."

Shun bowed his head, and was about to leave the classroom when Muska called after him.

"Also, needless to say, you are in a precarious position at this school right now. If you are involved in a slightest problem, you will be expelled before taking the make up exam."

"Yes, I know."
I think the story is pretty interesting.
I guess I won't be able to make a project out of it, since I have another project running. Also this content might be against my morals at some point, soooo....
Just watch, I'll do it!
Chingaruna517
Kyonist
Burgund Haneiyuutan

Post by Chingaruna517 »

EH? It is a good attempt though, why stop now?
WakuKun
Project Translator

Post by WakuKun »

Chingaruna517 wrote:EH? It is a good attempt though, why stop now?
Well, my other project is pretty time consuming. Unfortunately I do not have much time to work on my translations. I want people to enjoy reading my translations. I don't want to make bad quality stuff.

If you're ok with a pretty slow translation, I'll continue translating the series. Though I won't make a teaser project out of it until at least chapter 1 is fully translated.

Also I'm not sure if the teaser should be named 'Burgund Haneiyuutan' or "The anti heroic epic of Burgund'.. So I'll post my next progress here until it is decided or something.. I don't know.

Would you like to join the "project" by helping as an editor?
Just watch, I'll do it!
Chingaruna517
Kyonist
Burgund Haneiyuutan

Post by Chingaruna517 »

As splendid as it sounds, I wouldn't mind to take a shot. PM me with the translated script and I will see what can I do....
WakuKun
Project Translator

Post by WakuKun »

Chingaruna517 wrote:As splendid as it sounds, I wouldn't mind to take a shot. PM me with the translated script and I will see what can I do....
Alright, thanks for your help man!
Sorry I couldn't attach the translation file to the pm.. XD *stupid me*

Erm.. well.. I created a teaser project for 'The anti heroic epic of Burgund':
https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/inde ... of_Burgund

If you like to, you can edit the texts I posted there. Hopefully I will finish translating chapter 1 during this month.
Just watch, I'll do it!
lifeman120
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Highschool DxD
Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan

Post by lifeman120 »

Looks great can't wait to read volume 1 :D
Image guy, Cleaning/Typesetting Progress

Seems to have a White hair fetish, but will (almost) always support the main Heroine.
abhishekbhatt35
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: The anti heroic epic of Burgund/Burgund Haneiyuutan (バーガ

Post by abhishekbhatt35 »

story is interesting
WakuKun
Project Translator

Re: The anti heroic epic of Burgund/Burgund Haneiyuutan (バーガ

Post by WakuKun »

Thanks everyone for your kind support!

I finished translating chapter 1 today. It was quite funny, couldn't stop translating.. XD

Chingaruna517, thanks for the edit! Am I allowed to write your name into the project staff list?? It is ok if you don't like to.

I'm searching for editors since I don't have the time to make an accurate full top to bottom check of my texts. Sorry!

Also if someone would like to help translating this, I'd really appreciate your help! Since I don't really have much time and it's going to be a pretty slow translation because of that.
Just watch, I'll do it!

Return to “Teaser Feedback”