Gakkou wo Deyou!

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Gakkou wo Deyou ?

It was good
77%
It was interesting
18%
Not as good as I thought
2%
Boring. Not reading again!
3%

Total votes: 61

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: Gakkou wo Deyou!

Post by onizuka-gto »

Darklor wrote:There were links to a teaser? At least in the history of the teaser page I couldnt really find any traces of a link to a english teaser...

really? so the links were to the Japanese sample pages?

hmmm....never noticed it...
well....guess I might as well kill this teaser then.

If there isn't any translated script to serve as a teaser it cannot be classified as one.

I'll pull it tomorrow (GMT)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Too bad I would have liked it to read another japanese SF story or at least the teaser to one here... especially since it is also written from Nagaru Tanigawa...

Also this post says it was on 2chan ranked as 15th in top ten of light novels a year ago http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread. ... ost2280211

But shouldnt you know if there was a teaser? since you created the thread?

Do we have a raw? Maybe we could get at least a machine translation of a chapter as a preview for a teaser? ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

erm.....i guess i didn't notice it when i made the thread, hey, i had alot to do back then!

hmmm....dunno. My main server is in for repairs at the moment so I won't be able to check. really need to a remote backup of my server, but 3TB of data can be expensive....

Anyway, at this moment in time, no i don't have any raws.

Maybe you should ask around to see if anyone have some?

Even just the raw would be good. If i can get my hands on some, i'll OCR it....

so in the meantime i'll halt this deletion....for now...
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Vaelis
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Vaelis »

onizuka-gto wrote:Anyway, at this moment in time, no i don't have any raws.

Maybe you should ask around to see if anyone have some?

Even just the raw would be good. If i can get my hands on some, i'll OCR it....
You have received a pm ^^.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Vaelis wrote: You have received a pm ^^.

oooh. thanks vaelis!

guess there isn't any excuse to delete this now.....damn...
:roll:

@Onizukademongto
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

okay, I have the first three pages ocr'ed into .rtf word file, can anyone do a quick translation for a teaser? hell, even one page would do..... :roll:

Anyone interested in it now, they will be in the Staff forum:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3055

@Onizukademongto
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

The ghost of my sister is hovering in front of me.

By the way, I didn't believe in ghosts for a long time. Even if a blood stained woman with no legs would suddenly appear in a dark back street, let her arms hang down and laugh at me just to disappear a few moments later with the words "Oh so hateful!". I would probably not accept the existence of ghosts and instead knock at the door of some eye doctor or psychiatry. I don't get how people can get frightened by ghost stories or horror movies. Those are no more than hot air, aren't they? Made-up stories. The people appearing in them don't even exist in reality. And you can't get hurt by anything that doesn't exist. So, why should we fear them?
In reality, when I was a child the elementary school nearby at night was creeping me out. But by making myself think like this, although that's no doubt the bluff of a child, I could overcome my fear. The power of imagination, how fabulous.
This perception began to sway six years ago, when I was 11 years old.
Since that day on, I've been possessed by the spirit of my little sister.
That's the reason I'm in this Academy.
At the moment, the cause of this reason is turning loops right in front of my eyes, while I am relaxing in my room in the boy's dorm. Thanks to that spirit I've been sent to this "Third Public EMP Academy". Even though I don't possess any "supernatural power". My, my...
<<Did you say anything?>>
A spirit-sister in sailor uniform with half-long hair, slender white hands and feet, as well as a half-transparent body through which I can see the other side of the room. If she, Haruna, would still live, she would have grown sixteen this year. Haruna was hovering 10cm above the wooden floor and let her hair sway.
So right now she's looking like sixteen, since for some reason she's been growing all these years.
She reacted with a child-like smile on her child-like face when she noticed my gaze. I sighted.

Haruna died when she was ten years old. I saw the moment of her dead, I also was at her funeral, I saw her pale, dead face in the coffin. Heck, I even picked up her bones after the cremation. It was quite a shock for me when I spotted her appearing as a ghost on the night of the wake. Mind you, that happened six years ago, when I was still alright in my head. I can still clearly remember how this half-transparent body was observing its own corpse and then turned around to me with a cheerful smile. I didn't have the composure to even think about going to a eye doctor or some psychiatry, and was about to faint.
My other little sister called Wakana, which is the twin sister of Haruna and almost her spit 'n' image, was at my side at the time. And I also remember how she didn't look surprised at all by the sight of her sister Haruna hovering above the ground with a half-transparent body. Well, from the start those twins seem to think of each other as themselves. So it could have been that the annihiliation of the physical body of her other self, was like losing a mirror for Wakana.
Once I asked her about this, but she just inclined her too long grown bobbed hair and told me after 30 seconds:
"Dunno."
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Aye! Thanks! - See Oni now we have a teaser for real ;)

Darklor

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Oni it seems you have to create the Poll by yourself (as I've tried to create the poll I've always gotten doubled vote options)

Darklor

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Darklor wrote:Oni it seems you have to create the Poll by yourself (as I've tried to create the poll I've always gotten doubled vote options)
Hmmm....okay...done!

@Onizukademongto
Krennthief
Astral Realm

Post by Krennthief »

How did I not come across this teaser earlier?

If you translators would still be willing to do this, I'd most definitely read it! It's so very intriguing that I want to know what happens next!
devious_sos
Astral Realm

Post by devious_sos »

Sounds good, as expected from Nagaru Tanigawa. So far the prologue, or teaser has me interested.
Seems like a darker approach to the paranormal by Tanigawa.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Krennthief wrote:How did I not come across this teaser earlier?

If you translators would still be willing to do this, I'd most definitely read it! It's so very intriguing that I want to know what happens next!
Maybe because we didnt have a Teaser for this for so long... ;)

Darklor

Krennthief
Astral Realm

Post by Krennthief »

Oh, well, I'd still look forward to it either way! You guys are, like, my heroes!
SOStmohs
Astral Realm

Post by SOStmohs »

I'm really interested in this too!^^

I hope that a translation will come~.

Return to “Teaser Feedback”