About teaser posting

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

harunako
Astral Realm

About teaser posting

Post by harunako »

This would be some comments and answers to frequently asked questions about the teaser initiative.

Now that the structure of teasers have been more or less solidified, I will pull my plug from creating more teasers (after doing the teaser for GOTH), and wait for other readers who would like to do the same thing.

Anyone who does not know how to write a teaser on wiki can leave me a message in this forum.

*One more thing related to the_naming_game's lament in Iriya's post:

My trial teasers will default to page one, but it does not mean at all that that is the only teaser one can post! If you find a certain bit of the story respresentative, I would encourage you to post the whole bit onto the teaser, be it not the first page, or spanning over multiple pages.

The goal of teasers is to appeal the translator, so it is best if one knows the best of part of the story one can take to appeal.

==more posts if there are more questions :) ==
elkin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: About teaser posting

Post by elkin »

Um, I'm planning to do a new project (Denpateki na Kanojo), except I'm not sure what to do with the bits I've translated so far. For the moment I've put them up in the parent forum. Should I create a teaser page anyway (and if so, how?)?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

For a teaser page you dont need very much, as far as I see it. The latest teaser pages were as an exemple downgraded to this: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... no_Himitsu or http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... nomiya-kun. As you can see in the history they were created like a normal project pages but since they have only teaser status, they did lose many details which would be needed for a normal project page. So I would say go ahead and try to create a teaser page if you think you have already enough material for one (which wouldnt need to be much in my opinion) . And I think if you reach the required chapter your project can even get an upgrade to a full project or maybe it would be possible to get an extended teaser status.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
seoulfighter
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by seoulfighter »

Yeah I'm new can you explain to me how I can create a new page in order to make a teaser >_< i know i fail at life hahahhahaha xD!
seoulfighter
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by seoulfighter »

Ya so how do I make a new page in order to create a teaser. I'm new so I fail xD hahahhahha. but no really I need help in order to create a teaser page for Kampfer.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Your question is already answered right? ;)

Darklor

seoulfighter
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by seoulfighter »

Darklor wrote:Your question is already answered right? ;)
YES my question was answered WOOT!!
seoulfighter
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by seoulfighter »

Oh also I have a question I don't know how to make the stupid questionnaire thing that asks "How did you like this novel?" Was it A for Amazing B for Not so Amazing C for it Sucked or D for You know what that was a waste of time. (Not Really the options, but you know what I mean!!) Like I said first time for me making something like this on the web forum and that's why I was wondering if you could explain it here!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Do you see the blue options down the page if you create a new topic? - There is a tab poll - click it - than you will have down the page to write in the one square your question and down that per line a answer.

Darklor

j112
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by j112 »

can anyone tell me how to make a teaser or help me? I am trying to make a teaser for Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou, and I have already translated and posted a page of the prologue to the topic in future project suggestions
Doraneko
Project Translator

Post by Doraneko »

j112 wrote:can anyone tell me how to make a teaser or help me? I am trying to make a teaser for Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou, and I have already translated and posted a page of the prologue to the topic in future project suggestions
You need to create a project page as well as a page for the teaser chapter.

For the project page, take a look at any other teaser. Press Edit to see the source and copy it into your notepad, where you can change the details in each section (introduction, synopsis, etc) accordingly. Do NOT press "Save" on that page however.

After you have made the relevant changes in your notepad, search for "Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou" in the search field. If you have logged on, you will see a message like this:
There were no results matching the query.

Create the page "Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou" on this wiki!
Click the link and paste the content from your notepad. For the cover illustration, you can upload it through the "Upload file" link in the left column. Edit the image path in your project page code accordingly.

The page for the teaser chapter can be created by simply searching for a title, click the "Create" link and paste the content. Check the code of other teaser chapter pages to see how you can include a box for linking back to the main page.

You will probably find the format guidelines useful:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... _guideline
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Or just write this http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... no_Daimaou[/u][/b] in your browser nav bar or just follow the link http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... no_Daimaou and chose "edit this page"

and for getting a template I usually copy and paste the content from an other project and change it to the new project needs
Last edited by Darklor on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: changed Daimou to Daimaou

Darklor

jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

it's Daimaou not Daimou...
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah, then you cant use the link ;) - just change Daimou to Daimaou

Darklor

chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

can any1 make a teaser project or only those interested translators can?

Return to “Teaser Feedback”