Saiunkoku Monogatari

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Would you like to see Saiunkoku Monogatari translated?

Yes
94%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
4%
"No (Please give a reason)"
2%

Total votes: 215

wishfull
Astral Realm

Saiunkoku Monogatari

Post by wishfull »

This is the feedback thread for Saiunkoku Monogatari.

Saiunkoku Monogatari, or A tale of the Land of Colored Clouds, is a serie of novel wriiten by Sai Yukino. Currently, there are 13 volumes available in Japan, plus 3 volumes of side stories.
This novel is adapted into anime, consisting of 78 episodes. Even though the first season of anime was licensed by Geneon Entertainment, it was on hiatus after the the company cancels the project.
Unfortunately, the novel is not licensed in English as well. I think it's a shame, because I am deeply in love with this serie.

The novel cover of Volume 1:

For more information on this serie, go to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saiunkoku_Monogatari

So far I haven't seen any group translating this project, so that's why I would like to bring it up.
I have the Chinese version of the novel, and if this project is approved, I can translation the novel in my spare time.
Last edited by Cthaeh on Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Uniforming the topic name
Matt122004
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari

Post by Matt122004 »

If you can get the first chapter translated, this project is as good as accepted. :)

-Matt :)
Currently Reading: Dantalian no Shoka 1 Image
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

but..not really.

looks kinda....boring.

:|

Never was fond of these period drama, (My mum watched so many of those Mandarin/korean ones, im sick of em all!!)

Unless it's got ecchi, funny and tsundere or even mecha.....well personally, I can see why not a lot interest in it.

i think you'll have a better chance taking to one of those Shoujo run scanlation groups, they love these stuff..... fangurls.... :roll:

But if you can find a translators, then your more then welcome, we will help you regardless of personal preference, so all i can say to you, is good luck.

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Matt122004
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Matt122004 »

Right, and thats what it comes down too, as long as its not yaoi, we'll accept it if their is a translator.

Wait, we don't except Yaoi, right?

-Matt
Currently Reading: Dantalian no Shoka 1 Image
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Shoujo-Ai or Shounen-Ai are fine, but nothing in the H-Zone at the moment (will require special authorisation from the Boss)

It will actually depend on the current ruling of Fate/Stay Night erogemu visual novel, which is pending authorisation fromthe Boss.

If he allows it, then it'll set a precedent, that H-classed material cannot be outright denied if we are asked or offered these types of projects.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
sterling01
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sterling01 »

Why don't ya just not host the H-content on the wiki?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

sterling01 wrote:Why don't ya just not host the H-content on the wiki?

Yes.

As long as we do not host adult images and just the text then we do not see any reason to object.

After all, we got Maria-sama ga Miteru, which is a Shoujo-Ai novel, lots of lesbian loving there.

So Yaoi or anything else that tickle your fancy.

Of course, it must be a published material* that is not licensed in your language and that any material rated "Adult" is under the jurisdiction of the Baka-Tsuki Administration.

We will have the final decision over it admission, regardless of citizen vote.

* Any work that has been in publication for a registered company, either hardcopy or online that is part of a profit making business model.

@Onizukademongto
elkin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by elkin »

Actually, parts of the first novel have been translated at Shadow Dreams:
http://shadow.randomfandom.com/saiunkok ... /index.htm

But it hasn't been updated for about a year, if not more. Ambivilent about this series- on one hand, I'm curious to see why it's so popular (I mean, 2 39-episode seasons?), but on the other hand, shoujo/josei isn't really my cup of tea. Before you jump to conclusions, there is a fair bit of politics and myths involved. Romance features, as usual, but it oftentimes takes the backseat to everything else that's going on.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

At least in the anime, the story tends to focus more on the politics than anything. It reminds me a bit of Juuni Kokki (The Twelve Kingdoms). I have finished the first season, but I found it to be quite interesting.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

There's no yaoi worth speaking of in it (sorry fangirls... you'll just have to settle for some Kouyuu/Shuuei subtext). I would personally love to see this get translated (my initial reaction was "Yay! It's like Fushigi Yuugi if Miaka had a brain!") especially since I'm partway through the second season and need my fix. There's all sorts of political maneuvering and the main characters actually have some *gasp* believable romantic barriers.
Strawberry
Astral Realm

Post by Strawberry »

People, I will try to make this very clear and lay your fears to rest: IT'S. NOT. YAOI. Though many a fanfic may lead you to believe otherwise, its no more yaoi than Naruto (Ok, bad example but you get the idea).

Going into the series I thought it was going to be a Fushigi Yuugi clone but was pleasantly surprised to find the heroine was (brace yourselves) not a romance-obsessed ditz! As such, everyone gets more character development and I don't swear at my computer screen over anyone's stupidity *coughMiakacough*.
seaghyn16
Astral Realm

Post by seaghyn16 »

I've been keeping track of the anime, watching fan*cough*subs, and It's really intriguing to me. It details a storyline about a time when society is undergoing a forward progress in the lives of both it's governmental officials, and it's people. I am extremely intrigued with the Emperor, and the way he begins to change because of the help of someone who's dream is bigger than anything he could have imagined. He becomes inspired, and begins to push the country of Saiunkoku forward into it's future, with the help of the common people, government officials, and even family "cliques." It's main focus does seem to be on Shuurei, who's goal is to become the first female government official. It details the struggles that one who is trying to show to world the future could possibly go through. From the hardened hearts of the people that want nothing to do with a woman official, to the welcoming hearts of family and friends she meets along the way, she proceeds to work hard for both the future of Saiunkoku, and for her own dream. The emporer, inspired by someone such is her, proceeds to work harder and harder. The emporer refuses to take concubines and wives, as he is waiting for Shuurei, always, always waiting, to the chagrin of families that want more prestiege, to the dispair of the women that swoon after his "beauty," etc etc. It's a fantastic tale of how one person can begin to turn the wheels of fate with one's own hands, and how doing so in a trustworthy manner will eventually bring about the motion of society, progressing ever forward, ever growing.

How can we not translate this?? =). If someone wants to let me know information about the books, I'll be looking into getting them sometime and translating them when my Japanese is better. Right now I can't do too much to help, but I really do enjoy this series. (guy<---so not a fangurl), and from watching the series, there is no real yaoi or any such thing in it. The focus of the story line has nothing to do with such things. but there are funny moments, and ....sappy moments, etc that are put in, as the story tries to bring the characters to life in a way that not too many other series can accomplish so well.

At least watch some of the episodes ^_^

-Seaghyn16
Strawberry
Astral Realm

Post by Strawberry »

You might want to try asking around the LJ comm; there are enough fangirls there that should be happy to help you find the books.
http://community.livejournal.com/saiunkoku
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

For me the books are a simple walk to the nearest, decently well renownked bookstore. (the other stores prolly wouldn't have them.)

I can get them and ship them to someone, but I can't scan them or anything, at least not until I get a scanner, and decide they would be worth ripping =)
quethiril
Project Translator

Post by quethiril »

FYI, I have raw scans of all of the novels (1-14, plus gaidens 1-3) if people ever find a willing translator.

People on the previously linked LiveJournal community (http://saiunkoku.livejournal.com/) have translated bits and pieces of various novels. There are also some pretty thorough summaries. There is a well-kept list of everything here:

http://community.livejournal.com/saiunkoku/265940.html

I bet someone very devoted to the idea could gather all of those translated bits here on BT, assuming the various translators gave permission. But the translations are probably of scenes, and not chapters, so there might be some trouble getting it all put together. It would certainly be nice to have a centralized source, though!

Return to “Teaser Feedback”