Rain

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you want to see this series translated?

Yes
99%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
1%
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 561

Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Rain (レイン)

Post by Lery »

Alright, so I created the page and put the "teaser" mention.

You can now create a wiki account if you don't already own one and put your translated texts at the good places.
To do so, all you've got to do is to click the red link of a chapter and copy-paste your text there.
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Just for ease of access, here is the teaser page Lery made: Rain

Also @Krikit, if you are planning to convert your translations into the wiki format (rather than just link to the pdfs), and if you use Microsoft Word, I posted a macro on my user page a while ago that converts Word's italics to the wiki format. You may find it useful, or you may not. I was playing around with it and one of your chapters, and I think there were only 22 italics, which is still reasonable for yourself or someone else to do it manually if you don't like Word and/or macros.
Lery

Post by Lery »

^^'

I guess it was late. Sorry for forgetting the link. :x

PS : Cthaeh did you read the Kingkiller chronicle?? It's the best series I read for those past 2-3 years I guess. Extremely well written.

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Does that macro work for Open Office, as I don't have word installed on my computer...(>_<)
Or, do you know of a macro for OO that converts italics into wiki italics?
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

@Krikit, sorry I've never used Open Office (I've been content to remain a slave of the evil microsoft corporation), so I have no idea what it would take to adapt or create a similar macro. Perhaps it would be something to look into when I'm bored with free time. Though you've already started, so unless the italics are driving you crazy, I'd guess it's easiest for you to just continue what you're doing.

@Lery, yes I am a fan. And I also think it's probably the best book I've read within the last few years. Patiently waiting for #3: Doors of Stone.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Actually, I found a macro on the OO site specifically for wikipedia articles, which does all the formatting, etc.
My problem now is converting the pdf to word document properly...Though I think this Nero thing works okay. It just seems that there are too many spaces...
I've uploaded up to chapter 2 if you want to take a look.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

It seems to be as good, or maybe a little better, of a pdf -> document conversion as I tested for fun earlier (I was using adobe). There's the double spaces, and also some lines that I think get merged together. By the way, at least in Word, you can get rid of the double blank lines quickly with Find/Replace (Replace All) by searching for "^p^p^p" and replacing with "^p^p". Though that might get rid of any intentional double blank lines. I assume there is a very similar way to do it in OO (or I could do it quickly in Word if you wanted).
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

If you think you could do it in word, that might help.
I noticed in OO, it is only 1 space in between lines, but for some reason when I use the macro, it turns into two spaces on B-T...so I'm really not sure...
Do you think you could try fixing one of the chapters, and see if it works or not?
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

I tested it on chapter 2, since I happened to have that chapter open.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Wow...chapter 2 looks really, really nice (^_^)

I'm just going to double check the .pdfs to see if there were any spots that I wanted to leave open or something, and fit those in. But dang that looks just like the other projects (O_o)

Were you going to try on Ch. 1 and the Prologue maybe?
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Done for prologue and chapter 1. It only takes me about 30 sec, so I was just waiting to let you check the ch3 test. I'll let you find and add the intentional breaks, or I'll come back to it within a day if you don't.
Lery

Post by Lery »

So nice to see that that project has reborn^^

I changed also a little bit the first post of this topic to make it looks nicer. :)

Oh, and I added the nav bars and the titles ;)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Unless someone is already working on it and replies to this, two hours from now I'll start going through the prologue to chapter 2 to look for any formatting that got lost in the transfer to the wiki. Lery added me as an editor, so I suppose I have to earn my keep; I should get revenge(joking) by adding him as supervisor.

Edit: Bilagaana was editing ch1, so I started with ch2. Ch2 should be more or less matched with the pdf now. I probably won't come back to this for a couple of days, but I'll do a formatting check of ch1 if no one else has done it then. I also want to actually read it...
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Thanks Cthaeh.

I've just finished uploading Chapters 3 and 4 as well, and they are ready for the "space cleanup" thing you can do in word.
As for editing, I leave it to you for whenever you have time (^_^)/

Next I just need to work on getting Chapter 5 translated and posted up....might take me a while considering how much other work I keep having pile up on me. :|
saganatsu2
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by saganatsu2 »

It looks like the only thing the project is missing is a supervisor. Is there a reason why I shouldn't fill this? Or have you already asked someone else?
--Saganatsu

Return to “Teaser Feedback”