MM!

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading MM! ?

It was good! Please do more!
93%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
2%

Total votes: 202

sterling01
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

MM!

Post by sterling01 »

This is the feedback thread for MM!

Light novel series from MF Bunko J.
Currently 5 volumes out.
Author: Akinari Matsuno
Illustrator: QP:flapper
Summary:
One day in middle school, a girl came into the classroom and slapped Sado Tarou after telling him to die, the protagonist of the series. At that moment, he awakened to masochism. The fact that there were plenty of classmates still in the classroom really sucked and, of course, was outcasted after that event.
Yes, Tarou has masochistic body constitution that awaken whenever he is hit, cursed at, etc. etc. by females (only females, does not happen with men). Of course, he doesn't like this and he normally isn't a masochist, but he sadly has that side to him because of a rather... unfortunate reason...
Anyways, time-skip to high school (first year). Tarou has found a girl he likes and wants to confess to her. But he worries that if his M side awakens around her, she'll get creeped out. So he asks his friend, Tatsukichi, for help. Tatsukichi suggests the 2nd Volunteer Club.
Without going too much into detail, Tarou is forced to join the 2nd Volunteer Club after the president, Mio, decided to figure out a way to fix his body.
I just started to read after looking over serenade's posts on Anime Suki and so far it's pretty good.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: MM!

Post by ainsoph9 »

:roll: I guess all I will say to this is at least he is not gynophobic like so many other series... :roll: (Yes. It deserves a double eye roll.)
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Interesting to say the least...now for the translators...
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

rather unique idea, if i ever can complete all the series of novels i am reading, i might try and take a look at this one
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
serenade_beta
Astral Realm

Post by serenade_beta »

100% Yes, for me~~
It'd be great to see it translated. :D

Yes, the problem is a translator... Fuu...
Matt122004
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Matt122004 »

I'd like to see this translated, the artwork looks great.

-Matt :)
Currently Reading: Dantalian no Shoka 1 Image
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

haha...now for the translator....
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

The ever-present problem,the translator. :roll:
ShadowZeroHeart

Maybe all novel reviews should go into novels & manga section? and only when there are willing translators they get sent to future project section? i mean... too many ideas yet too few translators... every novel is good in one way or another... we lack the manpower...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
random_eroge_heroine
Astral Realm

Post by random_eroge_heroine »

After seeing the anime, I'm actually considering translating this light novel. I haven't read the whole thing yet, so I'm still not sure whether I've got what it takes to actually translate this. In any case, I'm attempting on translating a part of it (up to Mio's introduction at least). This will be my first attempt on translating something, so it will definitely take time (lots of it).

I've already translated a few pages of it (found here).
ShadowZeroHeart

random_eroge_heroine wrote:After seeing the anime, I'm actually considering translating this light novel. I haven't read the whole thing yet, so I'm still not sure whether I've got what it takes to actually translate this. In any case, I'm attempting on translating a part of it (up to Mio's introduction at least). This will be my first attempt on translating something, so it will definitely take time (lots of it).

I've already translated a few pages of it (found here).
Go for it~ No worries. And don't worry about the time issue, we are always just glad to have someone working on it.

As for the novel, it is better than the anime, with a little better timeline for some events, and it gives you a stronger emotion in certain ways(Not in a M sense). Yes, it is lame for the DragonBall ideas to be in it, but most of the rest are quite smooth flowing, and you can quite understand why his non-family falls in love with him, sorta. However, it also leads to some slow development of the plot actually, but you won't notice it much, since you have too much laughter reading it.

So do tell us if you intend to continue translating, even beyond Mio's introduction.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
random_eroge_heroine
Astral Realm

As for the novel, it is better than the anime, with a little better timeline for some events, and it gives you a stronger emotion in certain ways(Not in a M sense).
I watched the anime on a whim and was really surprised at how funny/good it was, which lead me to the novel. As for the novel itself, I thought it was a bit more serious(?), considering it actually started with
Spoiler! :
the protagonist's awakening
Yes, it is lame for the DragonBall ideas to be in it, but most of the rest are quite smooth flowing, and you can quite understand why his non-family falls in love with him, sorta. However, it also leads to some slow development of the plot actually, but you won't notice it much, since you have too much laughter reading it.
Sorry, but I laughed real hard at the DragonBall scenes. orz I really can't say much about the novel right now, since like I've said, I'm still in the middle of reading it, but I am looking forward as to how it'll develop.
So do tell us if you intend to continue translating, even beyond Mio's introduction.
I'd be glad if you (or someone else) could answer that for me. I mean, I want to translate this, but I'm not very confident in my skills (I'm not even sure if I've got enough skills to do it), so I'd appreciate it if you (or someone else) could check the accuracy of my translations. If you think I'm up to it (or someone else who has read the novel think I can do it), then I'll continue translating it.
ShadowZeroHeart

random_eroge_heroine wrote:
As for the novel, it is better than the anime, with a little better timeline for some events, and it gives you a stronger emotion in certain ways(Not in a M sense).
I watched the anime on a whim and was really surprised at how funny/good it was, which lead me to the novel. As for the novel itself, I thought it was a bit more serious(?), considering it actually started with
Spoiler! :
the protagonist's awakening
Yes, it is lame for the DragonBall ideas to be in it, but most of the rest are quite smooth flowing, and you can quite understand why his non-family falls in love with him, sorta. However, it also leads to some slow development of the plot actually, but you won't notice it much, since you have too much laughter reading it.
Sorry, but I laughed real hard at the DragonBall scenes. orz I really can't say much about the novel right now, since like I've said, I'm still in the middle of reading it, but I am looking forward as to how it'll develop.
I'd be glad if you (or someone else) could answer that for me. I mean, I want to translate this, but I'm not very confident in my skills (I'm not even sure if I've got enough skills to do it), so I'd appreciate it if you (or someone else) could check the accuracy of my translations. If you think I'm up to it (or someone else who has read the novel think I can do it), then I'll continue translating it.
I don't do proof-reading, and I lent my vol1~2 out to someone, but when I get them back, I can help to check areas that you are not too sure about, provided I am free enough? However, my raws are in chinese, so there might be variations. Just give it a go, we will help you out in whatever way we can, don't worry.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
random_eroge_heroine
Astral Realm

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:I don't do proof-reading, and I lent my vol1~2 out to someone, but when I get them back, I can help to check areas that you are not too sure about, provided I am free enough? However, my raws are in chinese, so there might be variations. Just give it a go, we will help you out in whatever way we can, don't worry.
I'll give it a try, I guess. As long as no one is complaining about my (faux)translation, I'll continue on translating it.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

MM!

Post by Darklor »

This is the feedback thread for MM!

Please tell us what you think of it.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Teaser Feedback”