Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There" ?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
0%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 204

Gate7
Astral Realm

Re: Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There

Post by Gate7 »

Awesome series but sadly no translators active :(
wellis
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by wellis »

For anyone who's read the manga, how does it compare to the novels in accuracy? I ask this because the manga essentially seems to be curbstomp forever for the JSDF, though
Spoiler! :
I've heard in the 5th novel the gate closes and the JSDF elements in the fantasy world are cutoff from Earth
Oh and funny thing, while on another forum I frequent, in a thread about the Gate manga, a poster there found another webnovel series about a magical empire attempting an invasion of Earth. Only it finds it's attempting to invade the Soviet Union only 3 hours before Operation Barbarossa starts.

I think it's called "Red Empire". Anyways does anyone know anything about it?: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n7498bd/
Xzardon
Astral Realm

Post by Xzardon »

I though of poking the dead,so... are there any chances of the novel being translated further?(no i am not pressuring just curious).
If not where can i find the volumes of both the web version and the published?Because i heard that there are diferences between them and i am kind of a sucker who wants to know everything if possible.
-I am planning to learn japanese soon, so if i get at the level that i can translate i ll propably start (but dont expect anything soon)-
And last do you know where i can find summaries?Or if there aren't any can anyone summarize a volume in about a paragraph(as long as what i ask is not absurd)
kili
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kili »

Hi all...
I want to ask for opinion here...
I have plan to buy this books...
but I don't know the different of the novel and light novel...
Which one is better...
Thanks if you can tell me
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Is there a difference at all?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
peculiarashes
Astral Realm

Post by peculiarashes »

kili wrote:Hi all...
I want to ask for opinion here...
I have plan to buy this books...
but I don't know the different of the novel and light novel...
Which one is better...
Thanks if you can tell me
Reading the summary at the top of the translation page, it appears that the ending for the light novel is slightly different and overall story is less political. I'd suggest trying both.

On another note: I want to translate. I am going to be spending a year in Japan so am self-studying Japanese until my trip, know the basic kanas (working on kanji) and have a good idea about sentence structure and a good amount of vocab. Can someone guide me to understand how I can obtain the RAW for Gate 1: Chapter 3 so I can start translating? I was planning on registering on the TL part of the wiki page once I began and uploading my results in increments of 1/8ths or 1/10ths.
inaban
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by inaban »

peculiarashes wrote: On another note: I want to translate. I am going to be spending a year in Japan so am self-studying Japanese until my trip, know the basic kanas (working on kanji) and have a good idea about sentence structure and a good amount of vocab. Can someone guide me to understand how I can obtain the RAW for Gate 1: Chapter 3 so I can start translating? I was planning on registering on the TL part of the wiki page once I began and uploading my results in increments of 1/8ths or 1/10ths.
Usually googling the title name(in japanese) + rar or zip finds me most titles. This is how I usually find most of my raws. If it's a lesser known title you might have trouble finding it though. Hope this helps anyways, and good luck with your Japanese!
guhehe-TL: http://guhehe.net/
Twitter updates: @Inaban_TL

Projects:
Spoiler! :
T/L For Haganai V9
T/L For OniAi
Reaper_Phoenix
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Campione!

Post by Reaper_Phoenix »

I've read the manga and though it is said that the novel contains more right wing contents, I don't mind. Just treat it like an alternative history universe. If ratings are maxed at five stars, I give it a six. The characters are interesting and I do like political intrigue, the action scenes are great too. So I would love to see this novel translated.
Disciple: When our brains often make up what we see, hear and feel, does that mean this world is an illusion?
Master: (Takes out a wicked looking staff) If I hit you with this, will it be an illusion?
wellis
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by wellis »

I forget but how big are the light novels? IIRC, the original novels are like 500 pages per book. Or are the light novels the published books?
DarkD1
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DarkD1 »

Ok if the series is too big to translate, can't someone at least give us summaries? Just read a page, and summarize what happens in a couple of lines. If there's a particularly good part then do a good job, if its a boring part, skip it.
aznxa21
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by aznxa21 »

Hi I just started reading the manga for this series and I have to say it's really awesome! Are there any similar stories, light novel or manga to this? And what are the chances of this getting translated? If not has anyone done summaries of the novels? Thanks for any answers.
d3rrial
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by d3rrial »

Here I go reviving the dead again...

It's a shame no one is currently translating these books (or has translated them in the past). I really enjoyed the Manga so far, but the pacing of 1 chapter per month... argh... I don't like slow Manga like this, you read one chapter and when the next one is released after a month you've already forgotten what the last one was about... ;)

Oh well, not here to rant, but maybe someone will see this thread again and become interested in translating these books, so my comment may not be entirely futile :p
Miticogiorgio
Astral Realm

Post by Miticogiorgio »

Please guys, revive this series!!! We need it!
daniyaal
Astral Realm

Post by daniyaal »

How does one go about being an editor?
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

daniyaal wrote:How does one go about being an editor?
You go to a page and you edit it. You don't have to be listed as an editor. Some general guidelines are here https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/inde ... onventions.

I'll note for this project there is no active translator, so there likely won't be new translations.

Return to “Teaser Feedback”