[B-T]Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

I might want to try translating this.
7%
Yes
92%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
0%
No (Please give a reason)
1%

Total votes: 547

TlclT
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

Post by TlclT »

As I saw somewhere, the manga is closer to the novel than the anime. I saw a part of the manga, and it's different from places to places compared to the anime. So I'm almost sure they skipped part and sure they modified part in the anime.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nurin »

Yeah, they skipped some things, likely most of the animes, usually, they cut out some parts of the novel, HenNeko isn't an exception...

The only anime I saw that was almost the same as the novel was DxD... then I think that the HenNeko's manga, which was done more slowly, can be more detailed. :wink:
Call me Nurin!

shift
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shift »

^^I tried doing manga before. I managed to finish Mirai Nikki, but for the most part my inability to decide which bubble to read when a single frame has multiple lines, added to the "busyness" of some scenes, esp. with SFX, just throws my "pace" off way too much. But it is good to know that the anime may have skipped or changed some stuff.
Nura rihan wrote:Well, if you can read this (水着) you can read HenNeko. :lol: :lol: :lol:
なんということだ! It's not a true 水着 unless it's a スクール水着! As a citizen of Loliconia, you should know this better than anyone! /jest
Spoiler! :
I don't remember offhand if there is a strict "English only" policy, so:
なんということだ!- what nonsense / what a thing to say / blasphemy / what are you talking about / (et cetera.)
水着 - swimsuit
スクール水着 - school swimsuit
I forgot about the novel illustrations. It's true the art styles are almost always nearly identical from LN to anime, and oftentimes specific scenes are reproduced faithfully enough to match them. I currently physically possess 2-5, though 1 and 6 have eluded me thus far—cdjapan and yesasia are both out, probably permanently, Amazon jp only has them from 3rd parties, and my forwarding service doesn't recognize my current address. >.< Granted, 6 is only due to my stubbornness for wanting the Drama CD when it's only a few currency units extra.

Not that there aren't... alternative means of gaining access to the source text. But I do prefer to support the industry when I can. Figures and body pillows are a bit on the edge of my comfort zone, even if they probably do make more profit there. Well, save for Rita Mordio from ToV... /aaah moeru! Figures, not body pillows. Still "too soon". ^^;
Oh flickering blaze burn...
Why use skill when you can just spam fireball? /mage <3
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

ちなみに、スクール水着はさいこおおお!!!

I guess, that in this world, has nothing more stronger than a loli wearing スクール水着!! There was one more thing that I think is stronger than that, is when a cute loli look to you, get embaraced and say お兄ちゃん(Spluuuuuuuuurt)*Nosebleed*

Auto mesage, Nura Rihan can't answer anymore, he died, from loss of blood, on 01/07/2013 19:30pm...
Call me Nurin!

TlclT
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TlclT »

But I just hope this light novel will be translated. I wanna read it so much that I could pay for that lol.
shift
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shift »

Hohoh? Depending on what you say, senpai, you may need to be reported in ten years time/someday...

Or as Lovely My Angel Ayase-tan might say: 通報します! /jest

But, oh well. /prays to the Fallen Angel of Vengeance YamiNeko-sama that Nura rihan makes it to the promised land of infinite imoutos, where everyone is an onii-san or onee-san, and not the cursed land of Final Weapon Imouto, where "gomen ne, ××-chan" echoes for all eternity.

Back on topic, I thought I read that someone was doing a teaser for this, but I think I may have confused it with another thread I was watching. ^^;

Having said that, was anyone posting in/reading this topic actually interested in doing an official teaser? I'm not sure what the conversion rate is, but it might spark some interest in turning it into an official project.
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

So.......................who gonna do henneko?
Patron God of NTRed
shift
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shift »

A translator. Quick, grab them!!

I jest. I jest.

I suppose it's a mystery for the ages. Let us pray to the cat god. /claps hands together

Or not... it rarely turns out well. Except in the end.

Anyway, I was hoping the poster from a few months back would have decided to do it, but summer vacation is most likely already several weeks in and they never posted again, so I'm guessing that's probably a 'no'. Not saying I blame them—experienced or no, TL is time consuming, especially if you want it to sound good and don't have a dedicated TLCer/editor/proofreader. Unless maybe you've achieved native level proficiency in JA, are familiar with all of the colloquialisms or special terminology, and are an excellent writer in the target language. ^^;

But, that's just speculation on my part. I imagine you'd know more about that. =p

The only thing I can guarantee is that I'll try to read it once OreImo is mostly tied up (v12, second passes and side stories). Unless by some miracle my vocab and grammar skills shoot up to the point that I can tackle Kokoro Connect and Mayo Chiki!, anyway. If it went well I wouldn't mind contributing as I was able, but there are just so many projects to choose from! >.<

PS: You really shouldn't live in a bathroom. They aren't very sanitary.
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

shift wrote:
I am Patrick the Starfish according to junny so I am an aquatic life form -----> the toilet suits me fine ------> a good place to sleep at.
Patron God of NTRed
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando

Post by pudding321 »

The most wonderful and century-changing ideas sprout from the toilet.
LoveLive! and Book Girl Extras: http://schoolidoldiary.wordpress.com/
Monkeii12
Literature Club Member

Post by Monkeii12 »

cramped wrote:
shift wrote:
I am Patrick the Starfish according to junny so I am an aquatic life form -----> the toilet suits me fine ------> a good place to sleep at.
You indeed are the Patrick the Starfish. I'm glad you took interest in the name and made Patrick your DP, Patrick.
I'm actually JUNNYNAM
shift
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shift »

cramped wrote: I am Patrick the Starfish according to junny so I am an aquatic life form -----> the toilet suits me fine ------> a good place to sleep at.
My apologies. I had neglected to account for the fact that you are a starfish. A bathroom really is one of the more suitable places for a starfish to live alongside humans.
pudding321 wrote:The most wonderful and century-changing ideas sprout from the toilet.
Well, that makes sense. If, as according to Sturgeon's Law, 90% of everything is crap, once you get rid of all the crap, what you are left with should be of exceptional quality. That's probably why they invented indoor plumbing.

/Appreciate the KC TL by the way. Quite an enjoyable read thus far.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Men, I will tell you, the best place to think is the toilet :roll: :roll:

but... now that I think, didn't we get away from the topic? :? :roll:
Call me Nurin!

pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando

Post by pudding321 »

Nura rihan wrote:Men, I will tell you, the best place to think is the toilet :roll: :roll:

but... now that I think, didn't we get away from the topic? :? :roll:
Don't mind. Don't mind. :P
LoveLive! and Book Girl Extras: http://schoolidoldiary.wordpress.com/
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Yeah, just forget it... we're talking about HenNeko but, when I paid attention here, everyone was talking about toilets... :roll: :roll:
Call me Nurin!

Return to “Teaser Feedback”