[B-T]Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

I might want to try translating this.
7%
Yes
92%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
0%
No (Please give a reason)
1%

Total votes: 547

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

[B-T]Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

Post by Mystes »

Note: The ND version is to be discussed in the "Hosted" sub-forum.

Synopsis from MU:
If Yokodera (the main character) were an equation, he would be 'he loves peeping at girls' plus 'he does not care what others might say,' with the result 'he peeps vigorously, intensely, diligently.'

Yokodera mops so that he can see the reflection of panties in the floor. He weeds so that he can see up skirts. He rides fast so that each girl he passes has her skirt flipped. He does these sorts of things everyday without fail.

But to everyone else, he is just a diligent guy whose actions are appreciated. Lucky? No. Yokodera doesn't like being misunderstood, but he is also a coward. He moans, wishing that people would stop seeing his actions as good ones, but he can't correct them.

He whined about his cowardice all the time until one day, his friend told him about a cat statue that could get rid of his unwanted trait for him...
Original title: 変態王子と笑わない猫
English title: The Pervert Prince and the Stony Cat
Author: Sou Sagara (さがら総)
Illustrator: Kantoku (カントク)
Publisher: MF文庫J
Volumes Out: 4

Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Kira0802 wrote:Synopsis from MU:
If Yokodera (the main character) were an equation, he would be 'he loves peeping at girls' plus 'he does not care what others might say,' with the result 'he peeps vigorously, intensely, diligently.'

Yokodera mops so that he can see the reflection of panties in the floor. He weeds so that he can see up skirts. He rides fast so that each girl he passes has her skirt flipped. He does these sorts of things everyday without fail.

But to everyone else, he is just a diligent guy whose actions are appreciated. Lucky? No. Yokodera doesn't like being misunderstood, but he is also a coward. He moans, wishing that people would stop seeing his actions as good ones, but he can't correct them.

He whined about his cowardice all the time until one day, his friend told him about a cat statue that could get rid of his unwanted trait for him...
Original title: 変態王子と笑わない猫
English title: The Pervert Prince and the Cat Who Won't Smile
Author: Sou Sagara (さがら総)
Illustrator: Kantoku (カントク)
Publisher: MF文庫J
Volumes Out: 4

This story is about different people, with traits that they themselves might find problematic at times.

The protagonist is a guy with a rather strong interest in girls. He would do silly things, such as testing the logic of "if your travelling at a XX speed, if you stretch your hand out, it feels like you are touching a girl's breasts", or does weeding in hopes of looking up to see a girl's panties etc. However, ALL his efforts were seen very positively, with the earlier having him run into a bandit, and getting a reward for beautifying the neighborhood for the latter etc. He is a member of the track and field club, which is led by "The Steel King", a girl that is very strict and harsh on the club. Despite his goal being to peek at the swimming club(through a hole he found in the wall), he is believed to be the most diligent in the club, and that he would be the next club leader, nominated by "The Steel King". Despite his unwillingness, he is a wimpy that is incapable of standing up against "The Steel King", and thus begins to feel that his "excuses" are a burden to his life, and wishes to do without "excuses".

On his way home, he met his extremely perverse friend, who, strangely enough, became a saint that is no longer troubled by perverse thoughts any longer. His friend then mentioned that he had prayed to a strange Cat statue, and he has thus given up on his "perverse desires/thoughts" that he felt is a burden. Despite how the protagonist does not believe in it, he decided to give it a try anyway.

That night, he went to the cat statue with an adult doll(to be used as tribute) in order to try praying to remove his "excuses". While at the statue, he came across a very emotional(panicky) and cute girl that mistook him as a criminal/pervert. After clearing the misunderstanding, they realized that they share the same common goal, to pray to the cat statue(The girl thinks it is childish to have her emotions and actions all revealed so easily, and thus believes that her "emotional expression" is a burden). After praying, they do not notice any visible change, and decides to leave.

Yet... From that day on, the protagonist can no longer hold his perverse thoughts within him, babbling everything that comes to mind almost immediately. The girl on the other hand, is emotionless. Despite her words hinting her emotions at times, her facial expression does not show anything. It did not take too long for the two to realize that they have gotten a little too much upon their wishes, and decides that they have to get their "excuses" and "emotional expression" back, and to do so, they have to find the people/person who now has their "excuses" and "emotional expression", or someone who thinks they don't need that, and let them pray to the cat statue, so they can get back what they need.

On the crusade to get back what they lost, they eventually came across situations, where they realized, that be it "excuses" or "emotional expression", whether they have it or not, it does not really affect who they really are... A wimp, with or without excuses, is a wimp nonetheless...

Quote from within the novel:
I can only stand there like an idiot. Even at such an important time, I am unable to say anything that really mattered. Even without my superficial capabilities(his excuses), I still am no different.

......In the end, all three of us are handicapped, incomplete creatures.

Unable to see our true selves, overly reliant on our superficial capabilities, or to not even have superficial capabilities.

No one can be happy.
Okay, as to a review or comment to this series.

So far, as a single volume novel(I have only read volume 1), it is a rather interesting and comical story that has its truly sullen moments, as from the quote earlier. But just judging from this volume, I would say that this is a rather good read. While some of the comical relief is just bringing nonsensical laughter, one can see that it can be really serious when it is required to. Even if one's emotions does not show in the face, they are not emotionless, and it is still possible to sense their feelings at times. Even when we try to hide some things from others, it might still show to people who truly knows you. It is no longer about what we see on the outside, but it kinda covers what is inside as well, which makes this a rather emotional logic in the story. From what I read, I believe that this was planned to be a single volume story at first. While it is possible for the story to continue, I am unsure whether future volumes would be as good. But I would definitely continue reading to find out. This is a rather good novel imo.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

The title seemed like a fan-service oriented novel at first, but it's nothing like that. Even though the MC is a pervert, he cares a lot for the others and help them out. Though so far, I've only read the first two volumes.
Kira0802

13man18
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by 13man18 »

I've just caught up to the manga, which is 7 chapters at the moment and the story really captured me. I just found out there was a novel for it, so I'll be glad if this novel gets translated. :)
Important: All my PDFs got taken down a while and it's a pain to reupload them, so I'm not going to do that. PDF making days are gone. I've been getting busy these days. ;-;
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

13man18 wrote:I've just caught up to the manga, which is 7 chapters at the moment and the story really captured me. I just found out there was a novel for it, so I'll be glad if this novel gets translated. :)
same here. the manga was surprisingly good and I would like to see this translated.

baka baka baka
rurineko
Astral Realm

Post by rurineko »

Hello, I ran into this thread after searching for more information on the series. If possible, can someone who has read the light novels summarize the character of Koutetsu no Ou, the older sister?

I was assigned to draw Tsukushi Tsutsukakushi in a combined artbook for July but is currently at a lost because the only information I have of her is from the manga and I do not know much about her character arc and how she has changed due to her arc. I have only read up to the recent chapter 7 that was released in the manga and her role so far has been very few. Could any kind soul please help me either by linking me a place where I can find the translated light novels summaries to study her from or can shortly summarize her story arc and describe her personality and key points to me? I could read Japanese but I read it really slowly and it's just unwise for me to push my way reading a series of light novel. I would highly appreciate it if there's any English or Chinese pages on her.

I apologize for this sudden request as my first post, but I am not good with Japanese and being assigned to light novel character that isn't in English is making me despair. I'm already having communication issues with other artists and I don't want to bother them anymore as a new comer so I would like to study up on this character on my own.
ShadowZeroHeart

rurineko wrote:Hello, I ran into this thread after searching for more information on the series. If possible, can someone who has read the light novels summarize the character of Koutetsu no Ou, the older sister?

I was assigned to draw Tsukushi Tsutsukakushi in a combined artbook for July but is currently at a lost because the only information I have of her is from the manga and I do not know much about her character arc and how she has changed due to her arc. I have only read up to the recent chapter 7 that was released in the manga and her role so far has been very few. Could any kind soul please help me either by linking me a place where I can find the translated light novels summaries to study her from or can shortly summarize her story arc and describe her personality and key points to me? I could read Japanese but I read it really slowly and it's just unwise for me to push my way reading a series of light novel. I would highly appreciate it if there's any English or Chinese pages on her.

I apologize for this sudden request as my first post, but I am not good with Japanese and being assigned to light novel character that isn't in English is making me despair. I'm already having communication issues with other artists and I don't want to bother them anymore as a new comer so I would like to study up on this character on my own.
... This is such a spoiler question. I have only read volume 1, but her character is rather broken by then already... If you do not mind spoilers...
Spoiler! :
Koutetsu no Ou is a hentai that is just opposite of her sister. While her sister suffers from an over expression of emotions, she kinda lacks good emotions. In volume 1, it was later revealed that the cat statue was Koutetsu no Ou's creation, and that the sisters had a promise back then. Their close relationship in the past caused Koutetsu no Ou to harbor strange feelings towards her sister. Despite her being an idiot(You can probably imagine...), she aims to go study abroad in a place where lesbian marriage is allowed, and her mentioning of to sever all ties with her sister being such that they are unrelated(allowing marrage, though, anyone would know it is impossible). However, all these were not seen at first due to her lack of expression of emotions, causing many misunderstandings. At the end of the volume, her sister gave her tribute(meat bun) for the cat statue to Koutetsu no Ou, and Koutetsu no Ou happily gobbled down the tribute(bearing her sister's emotional expressions), thus revealing her true heart with her new-found expressions. On the other hand, this would imply her sister still is missing her emotional expressions, but she does not seem to mind, as be it with or without these expressions, those who know her, will know her.
There is a certain illustration in volume 1, showing Koutetsu no Ou with her emotionless sister, you might want to take a look at that for reference.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Add to that the fact in later volumes, she's become more interested than needed to the MC.
Kira0802

rurineko
Astral Realm

Post by rurineko »

Thank you very much. That was extremely helpful. I was not expecting that of her character.
ShadowZeroHeart

rurineko wrote:Thank you very much. That was extremely helpful. I was not expecting that of her character.
I know... I was stunned and shocked myself when I read it in the novel... But yeah, its rather interesting nonetheless. Besides, a happy novel is always better than one filled with misery.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Thony
Astral Realm

Post by Thony »

this novel is awesome! you should pick it! :D
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

interesting concept, art isn't too flashy. looking forward to the LNs if they get the green light.. 8) taxi driver :lol:

on a more serious note, how come japan's the only country i know with this brand of manga/comics, anime/cartoons, novels and games that actively - if a bit toned-down - discuss the faults of its individuals and society? not that it comes across as self-deprecating, more like introspective..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
nick halden
Reader

Post by nick halden »

b0mb3r wrote:
13man18 wrote:I've just caught up to the manga, which is 7 chapters at the moment and the story really captured me. I just found out there was a novel for it, so I'll be glad if this novel gets translated. :)
same here. the manga was surprisingly good and I would like to see this translated.
Same here. I loved the manga and would really like to read the novel.
No matter how messed up you are in your life, just remember that your story is still better than the Twilight series.
Mura
Literature Club Member

Post by Mura »

Anime confirmed for this so maybe it may peak someone's interest.
PsychoKitteh
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by PsychoKitteh »

Oh my, yes please please translate this!!
I love the manga and would love to read the novels.
Gif by hanicizkanio

Return to “Teaser Feedback”