Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this novel (series) translated?

Yes
100%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
No votes
No (Please give a reason)
0%

Total votes: 348

Gwilthyunman
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan

Post by Gwilthyunman »

This is now the feed back thread for the Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan project.

Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan (嘘つきみーくんと壊れたまーちゃん, Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan) is a light novel series by Iruma Hiruma and illustrated by Satou Atsunori.

Genre: Mystery, Romance, Psychological
Synopsis: The setting is a rural city in which a kidnapping and a series of murders are happening simultaneously, where there was also a kidnapping 8 years ago. The victims, the compulsive liar "Mii-kun" (the narrator), and "Maa-chan" (Misono Mayu) reunite and start living together, despite of the fact that the kidnapped children were in Mayu's apartment...

This light novel is ranked 9th and 7th in the 2009 and 2010 issue of Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi!. The manga itself only has 1 volume and even though the manga is very short compare to the light novel, the twists and turns in the manga were done right. I was interested in this light novel after reading the manga, I really want to know more about Mii-kun and Maa-chan's stories. I'm curious if someone interested translating this light novel.
Last edited by Gwilthyunman on Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Re: Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan

Post by Rajikai »

I read the manga. It was pretty interesting, but seemed rushed. I wouldn't mind reading this. :)
1,550/3,400
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I remember mentionning this when I first came to B-T. At that time, themangas wasn't finished yet. I find it quite good, though I didn't progress past V2 in the light novels. Plot is kind of dark, BTW.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Gwilthyunman

Post by Gwilthyunman »

Yeah, I do think that the plot is dark, but since the manga only has 1 volume, there must be many event in the light novel that hasn't been covered in manga. I'm wondering until which volume of light novel the manga covered? :?

Oh, poll added, forgot to add it before. /me headbangs
Thanks zensunni for reminding me :D
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Gwilthyunman wrote:Yeah, I do think that the plot is dark, but since the manga only has 1 volume, there must be many event in the light novel that hasn't been covered in manga. I'm wondering until which volume of light novel the manga covered? :?
Manga took V1. Volume 2 of Mii-kun is about, if I remember well...
Spoiler! :
something like his past girlfriend.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Gwilthyunman

Post by Gwilthyunman »

Kira0802 wrote:Manga took V1. Volume 2 of Mii-kun is about, if I remember well...
Spoiler! :
something like his past girlfriend.
:o Now I'm really curious about what's the story is on volume 3-11! :x
Hiro Hayase
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hiro Hayase »

That's good, since its an already complete work, then waiting for the next volume won't be a problem. :D Popularity for this project is there, but finding a translator for this may prove difficult.
Carcharoth
Astral Realm

Post by Carcharoth »

This post has two purposes:

1) I have 10 volumes of this (I'm missing the "i" volume, which sits between vols 7 and 8 ) that I would be willing to provide if a translator can be found.

2) *bump*. Is there still demand? 170+ yes votes so far, but it has been more than a year since this topic was made.

Sorry for the necro.

Carcharoth
HostSamurai
Astral Realm

Post by HostSamurai »

Carcharoth wrote:This post has two purposes:

1) I have 10 volumes of this (I'm missing the "i" volume, which sits between vols 7 and 8 ) that I would be willing to provide if a translator can be found.

2) *bump*. Is there still demand? 170+ yes votes so far, but it has been more than a year since this topic was made.

Sorry for the necro.

Carcharoth
I made an account just so I could tell you yes.
mawmewer
Astral Realm

Post by mawmewer »

anyone gonna translate this? raws are easily available and a lot of people have voted in favor of it. ive seen it get passed over by smaller translation sites a couple times, and that makes me saaaad :( this one needs some love. Yandere characters are always the best
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Votes aren't the main criteria for starting a translation. It all depends on finding a translator motivated in working on the series.

I don't know, maybe someone who wants to take a dozen of projects would be interested in it, but don't get your hopes high.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
differentclouds
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by differentclouds »

Yeah so it's me differentclouds your resident super fickle translator that incidentally loves a lot of things.

I started translating Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan like today and I have translations of the colour pages up on my blog here [http://differentclouds.livejournal.com/]

Yeah so I know I still have like one and a half volumes of DRRR!! to translate and there's SNK vol 2 and 3 which I intend on translating ASAP because someone sent me the raws (and vol 1 eventually even after the official tl gets out) but I still love this series so I decided to delve into it while I still felt passionate.

I do own all eleven volumes and their respective scans and I also intend to translate the UMKTKMC short stories Iruma posted on his blog so yeah.

I'm just one person who does all this for fun amidst my busy uni schedule so I hope for your support and patience in this. Like don't expect regular updates or anything. Thanks and I hope you'll enjoy these translations.

--diffC

(I hope the mods aren't pissed at me for dropping SNK because of the official tl lol. I am working on vol 2, slowly but steadily so yeah. I will release the prologue and chapter 1 of snk before the fall vol 2 together to show my sincerity and that yes I do fully intend to translate it while the official tl hasn't come out)
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Well, BT's policy is to never work on licensed content, so I don't see why we should blame you for dropping SnK.

Still, it'd be better to leave out SnK for other unlicensed projects, but that's my opinion. Anyway, good luck on your project.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Edenhall
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel: BT Light Novels; Heavy Object, Remembrance for a Certain Pilot,
Online Novels; The Sorceress wants Normalcy

Post by Edenhall »

I would love to translate this. i have all 11 volumes and access to the website extra episodes and profile pic is the two of them grown up a little. But I need someone to post the illustrations in order to put it on B-T. As soon as thats done, I can get cracking.
RIIIIIINNNNNGGGG RRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGG RRRIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGG BEEP Hello this is Doppio

“May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.”
-The luckless Edenhall
BDsilverfox1
Astral Realm

Post by BDsilverfox1 »

Edenhall wrote:I would love to translate this. i have all 11 volumes and access to the website extra episodes and profile pic is the two of them grown up a little. But I need someone to post the illustrations in order to put it on B-T. As soon as thats done, I can get cracking.
hum, i can send you the illustrations, can you give me your email address?

Return to “Teaser Feedback”