Roku-Jōma no Shinryakusha!?

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this series translated?

Yes
93%
Not really (Please give a reason)
3%
No (Please give a reason)
3%

Total votes: 59

woowa
Astral Realm

Re: Roku-Jōma no Shinryakusha!?

Post by woowa »

Since the anime has started, perhaps it will draw sufficient interest for this to be translated.
OhHaiThar
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by OhHaiThar »

Hopefully, even on animesuki lantern's drawing some attention to this with his light novel summaries.
krytyk
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by krytyk »

OhHaiThar wrote:Hopefully, even on animesuki lantern's drawing some attention to this with his light novel summaries.
Exactly opposite, while it attracts spoiler sharks, it scares away potential translators. Seeing that whole 16 volumes of series have their content summarized and spoiled somewhere is not something that would potentially attract a translator, rather it would scare such translator away. Though it's only my own opinion.
- JAP to ENG translator for AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon"; ELYSION virtual region; Omae wo Onii-chan ni Shite Yarouka!?; Only Sense Online -
- Retired Manga Redrawer/Typesetter. @Manga-Heaven; @Kono-Basho; @wangan-scans; &anonymous releases.
Marse
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Marse »

I would have been quite happy to TL this, though I wouldn't have been able to make any promises speed wise (and already started the first chapter)
Spoiler! :
Five thousand yen.
That was the monthly rent of Corona House’s Room 106.

Corona House was a twenty five year old, wooden apartment building. Additionally, it was fairly far from the town centre so it was cheap to begin with. However, a six tatami mat room, with a kitchen, bath and toilet attached was outrageously cheap. Actually, apart from room 106, the rent at Corona House was ten times this amount. On top of this, room 106 had no security deposit, no fee for keys and was completely exempt from the mutual aid expense.

There was a reason for only room 106 to be so dirt cheap. Until now, without exception, every tenant had left. The shortest lasted three hours, the longest three months. It was normal for the tenant to leave in around three days. Thanks to this, the rent decreased. At the start of this year, it went for the high rate of ten thousand yen, before it became spring, it had decreased to five thousand yen.

“Be careful with that, McKenzie. That box is worth more than your life.” The boy moving into the cheap house said.

“Are you saying that to me, Kou? Compared to how you usually are, I’m always more careful.”

“If you get it then fine. Get on with the work, McKenzie-kun”

“Yeah yeah, who’s helping you move? …Honestly.”

The one moving is called Satomi Koutarou, His childhood friend Matsudaira Kenji calls him Kou, and in return, Koutarou calls him McKenzie. They were both fifteen and had their school entrance ceremony the day after tomorrow where they would become first years.

Today was Saturday the fourth of April. Thanks to his father’s urgent job relocation, from this spring, Koutarou would be living alone. So he’d gone to estate agents and found Corona House’s room 106. Because Koutarou was raised by just his father, he’d jumped at the chance to become less of a burden on him. And because the rent was this low, he’d jumped before hearing the reason why.

“Anyway, Kou, it was good you managed to find an empty room with this sort of timing, huh?”

“I was lucky. My dad just told me recently about his transfer, so I was kinda in a hurry.”

Two and a half months had passed since the transfer was decided, that was to let Koutarou finish his high school entrance exams, and then wait for the results.

“Anyway, if a co-worker was injured and couldn’t go, I guess there was no helping it.”

“That’s true”

In the first place, the transfer wasn’t for Koutarou’s father, but for a co-worker, however, that co-worker had an accident and received a serious injury so Koutarou’s father was chosen in place of them.

“It was sudden so I was surprised, but it’s a good opportunity to become independent, I’m already a high schooler after all.”

“A positive outlook, huh.”

“Celebrate my journey as a man.”

“What the hell’s that?”

The two of them were carrying a suit case, for some time they’d been making trips from the mover’s van with luggage under their arms.

“Is next to the sink fine for the fridge?”
From room 106 a middle aged man in work clothes poked his head out and asked. He was the mover who drove the truck and had been carrying in luggage the same as the other two had.

“Yes, please!”

“Got’cha”
Hearing Koutarou’s reply, the man drew back into the house; Koutarou and Kenji both following.

“This is five thousand a month… that’s way too cheap.” Kenji sighed again as they passed through the door.

“You’re just jealous.”

“If it’s five thousand, I’d have rented it”

The room was fairly old fashioned. The entrance corridor had wooden flooring, further in from that was the six mat room. On the right hand side of the corridor was a kitchen unit and on the left were the bath and toilet rooms. It certainly appeared old fashioned, but the room was clean and well maintained.

“Watch it Kou, you’re going to hit the wall.”

“I’ve got it, I’ve got it.”

“Really? Old man, we’re coming through.”

“Oh, sorry, Glasses-kun.”

Passing the man setting up the fridge, Koutarou and Kenji faced the main room. The two weaved their way through the cardboard boxes and luggage that were piled around the room.

“So, what are we doing with the suitcase?”

“Hmmm, put it in the wardrobe, on the bottom.”

“Okay.”

They put the case into the wardrobe, and when they’d straightened up, the mover had come into the room.

“Sir, that’s the last of your luggage, right?”

“Ah, yeah, this is all of it.”

“Okay, then I’ll leave it here.”

“Thanks for your help.” Koutarou had been raised valuing physical work so bowed to the mover.

“I’m the one that should bow, thank you for choosing us.” The mover said whilst bowing with a gentle smile on his face; and then, leaving behind some paperwork, he left the room.

“Well then, we can have a break now.”

“Oi, McKenzie.” Facing Kenji who was adjusting his glasses, Koutarou threw a plastic bottle of tea.

“Whoa, Thanks.” Kenji easily caught the bottle, as they’d been friends for a long time, he was used to that kind of thing.

“Sorry it’s a bit warm, the fridge only just got put in.” As he said this, Koutarou pulled out his own from the plastic bag they’d gotten from the convenience store earlier.
but unfortunately, whilst I can understand (mostly) the novel, I can't really put it into English; the structure just seems really odd to me, and I can't think of a way to properly get it into English without the it being really odd as well.
krytyk

Post by krytyk »

Marse wrote:I would have been quite happy to TL this, though I wouldn't have been able to make any promises speed wise (and already started the first chapter)
Spoiler! :
Five thousand yen.
That was the monthly rent of Corona House’s Room 106.

Corona House was a twenty five year old, wooden apartment building. Additionally, it was fairly far from the town centre so it was cheap to begin with. However, a six tatami mat room, with a kitchen, bath and toilet attached was outrageously cheap. Actually, apart from room 106, the rent at Corona House was ten times this amount. On top of this, room 106 had no security deposit, no fee for keys and was completely exempt from the mutual aid expense.

There was a reason for only room 106 to be so dirt cheap. Until now, without exception, every tenant had left. The shortest lasted three hours, the longest three months. It was normal for the tenant to leave in around three days. Thanks to this, the rent decreased. At the start of this year, it went for the high rate of ten thousand yen, before it became spring, it had decreased to five thousand yen.

“Be careful with that, McKenzie. That box is worth more than your life.” The boy moving into the cheap house said.

“Are you saying that to me, Kou? Compared to how you usually are, I’m always more careful.”

“If you get it then fine. Get on with the work, McKenzie-kun”

“Yeah yeah, who’s helping you move? …Honestly.”

The one moving is called Satomi Koutarou, His childhood friend Matsudaira Kenji calls him Kou, and in return, Koutarou calls him McKenzie. They were both fifteen and had their school entrance ceremony the day after tomorrow where they would become first years.

Today was Saturday the fourth of April. Thanks to his father’s urgent job relocation, from this spring, Koutarou would be living alone. So he’d gone to estate agents and found Corona House’s room 106. Because Koutarou was raised by just his father, he’d jumped at the chance to become less of a burden on him. And because the rent was this low, he’d jumped before hearing the reason why.

“Anyway, Kou, it was good you managed to find an empty room with this sort of timing, huh?”

“I was lucky. My dad just told me recently about his transfer, so I was kinda in a hurry.”

Two and a half months had passed since the transfer was decided, that was to let Koutarou finish his high school entrance exams, and then wait for the results.

“Anyway, if a co-worker was injured and couldn’t go, I guess there was no helping it.”

“That’s true”

In the first place, the transfer wasn’t for Koutarou’s father, but for a co-worker, however, that co-worker had an accident and received a serious injury so Koutarou’s father was chosen in place of them.

“It was sudden so I was surprised, but it’s a good opportunity to become independent, I’m already a high schooler after all.”

“A positive outlook, huh.”

“Celebrate my journey as a man.”

“What the hell’s that?”

The two of them were carrying a suit case, for some time they’d been making trips from the mover’s van with luggage under their arms.

“Is next to the sink fine for the fridge?”
From room 106 a middle aged man in work clothes poked his head out and asked. He was the mover who drove the truck and had been carrying in luggage the same as the other two had.

“Yes, please!”

“Got’cha”
Hearing Koutarou’s reply, the man drew back into the house; Koutarou and Kenji both following.

“This is five thousand a month… that’s way too cheap.” Kenji sighed again as they passed through the door.

“You’re just jealous.”

“If it’s five thousand, I’d have rented it”

The room was fairly old fashioned. The entrance corridor had wooden flooring, further in from that was the six mat room. On the right hand side of the corridor was a kitchen unit and on the left were the bath and toilet rooms. It certainly appeared old fashioned, but the room was clean and well maintained.

“Watch it Kou, you’re going to hit the wall.”

“I’ve got it, I’ve got it.”

“Really? Old man, we’re coming through.”

“Oh, sorry, Glasses-kun.”

Passing the man setting up the fridge, Koutarou and Kenji faced the main room. The two weaved their way through the cardboard boxes and luggage that were piled around the room.

“So, what are we doing with the suitcase?”

“Hmmm, put it in the wardrobe, on the bottom.”

“Okay.”

They put the case into the wardrobe, and when they’d straightened up, the mover had come into the room.

“Sir, that’s the last of your luggage, right?”

“Ah, yeah, this is all of it.”

“Okay, then I’ll leave it here.”

“Thanks for your help.” Koutarou had been raised valuing physical work so bowed to the mover.

“I’m the one that should bow, thank you for choosing us.” The mover said whilst bowing with a gentle smile on his face; and then, leaving behind some paperwork, he left the room.

“Well then, we can have a break now.”

“Oi, McKenzie.” Facing Kenji who was adjusting his glasses, Koutarou threw a plastic bottle of tea.

“Whoa, Thanks.” Kenji easily caught the bottle, as they’d been friends for a long time, he was used to that kind of thing.

“Sorry it’s a bit warm, the fridge only just got put in.” As he said this, Koutarou pulled out his own from the plastic bag they’d gotten from the convenience store earlier.
but unfortunately, whilst I can understand (mostly) the novel, I can't really put it into English; the structure just seems really odd to me, and I can't think of a way to properly get it into English without the it being really odd as well.
Just do your best, speed is the least important thing when translating. Focus on bringing out accurate and truthful content when translating into English and don't worry about speed. If you got any problems just try to contact one of the slacking... senior translators.
- JAP to ENG translator for AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon"; ELYSION virtual region; Omae wo Onii-chan ni Shite Yarouka!?; Only Sense Online -
- Retired Manga Redrawer/Typesetter. @Manga-Heaven; @Kono-Basho; @wangan-scans; &anonymous releases.
Marse
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Marse »

Okay, so consider this being translated (unless of course I run into massive IRL issues)
On that note, what's normally recommended, creating the teaser page ASAP, or having a complete chapter first?
krytyk

Post by krytyk »

Marse wrote:Okay, so consider this being translated (unless of course I run into massive IRL issues)
On that note, what's normally recommended, creating the teaser page ASAP, or having a complete chapter first?
If you do intend to work on it, creating a teaser page is not a bad idea, especially if you have a short chapter/prologue finished. Though I would not advise dumping all volumes worth of illustrations (considering this series has really lots of published volumes), instead you can upload those from first one or two vols.
Marse
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Marse »

So, it has begun.
Teaser page is up here

If anyone wants to help with TLC, TLing in general, Editing, whatever, it would be greatly appreciated.
Clad In Armour
Vice Commander Itsuki
Location: Somewhere cold, where people ride polar bears and live in Igloos

Post by Clad In Armour »

Mhmm maybe when I'm less busy and my other projs have slow down, I'll help edit.
Not sure what to put here mhmm.......oh well back to my manga. A.K.A Dual Blades
EviL
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by EviL »

i wish to help editing if you need it :)
Marse
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Marse »

Sorry, I've been kinda dead whilst getting stuff sorted for uni, loads left but it's calmed down a bit now.
EviL wrote:i wish to help editing if you need it :)
You're more than welcome to edit, if it's minor edits just go ahead, major edits could probably do with something on the talk page for a while first (I think that's how it works? kinda new to this) and feel free to add yourself to the editors tab if you're planning on editing through the whole thing (assuming I manage to keep up my motivation and find time around uni).
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Editing won't be necessary anymore. Project has experienced a hostile takeover by guhehe.TRANSLATIONS™. Editing will commence on our side soonish. Resistance is futile.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
Trarc
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Trarc »

cautr wrote:Editing won't be necessary anymore. Project has experienced a hostile takeover by guhehe.TRANSLATIONS™. Editing will commence on our side soonish. Resistance is futile.
ha...
imercenary
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by imercenary »

I voted 'not really' (BOO! HISS!) because after watching the anime (whats been released so far) the character development just doesn't rub me the right way. I don't know if a ton of dialogue was cut out in the transition from LN-to-anime or its just flying over my head, but it feels like the characters suddenly change just before their character changing event so that they fit the scenario better and that makes me think that they're caricatures rather than characters.
Sween200
Astral Realm

Post by Sween200 »

Watching the anime and it's great. Really want to read the light novel as the anime normally misses out on important information about the characters. I loving this series so far. But i like the light novel for its more detail information about the characters.

Return to “Teaser Feedback”