Hataraku Maou-sama!

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How was it?

I might try translating this
9%
Great
91%
Soso
1%
No good
No votes

Total votes: 936

pkair
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Hataraku Maou-sama!: General

Post by pkair »

deathmailrock wrote:I found 8 of the character files translated, but I don't know where to put them, I also found a few other pages of images which I believe might be from the LN but weren't put up (not serious scene pics but pics like HERE) also is 5.5 an actual volume or was it a manga or anime thing? I wanna know before I put the info....
Yes, volume 5.5 of the LNs was bundled with the the 1st BD volume of the anime.
deathmailrock
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by deathmailrock »

I posted the images for Vol.9 though I just copied Vol.8 layout for the main page so if it's 4 or more chapters in volume 9, either change it yourself or tell me an I'll change it..... and I hope I didn't get that girls name wrong, I found online it was alice, but that might be wrong, if so, it's gotta be changed right away......

Darn it, I actually just read the thing right now and that doesn't look like "alice" is it a 'Ashiesu' or 'Atsesu', and is that 'Ara' (check here) Sorry, I should have checked before posting but there's nothing in the term guide; put it as "Ashiesu" for now though
Favorite Anime characters include Erza Scarlet, Uzumaki Kushina, and Kousaka Kirino

Nee-chan and Milf type sexy red-heads are the best kinda anime women

I am a proud fanboy of Erza Scarlet and Uzumaki Kushina and Kousaka Kirino
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

deathmailrock wrote:Darn it, I actually just read the thing right now and that doesn't look like "alice" is it a 'Ashiesu' or 'Atsesu', and is that 'Ara' (check here) Sorry, I should have checked before posting but there's nothing in the term guide; put it as "Ashiesu" for now though
Yup. アシエス・アーラ from the Japanese wikipedia page: Ashiesu Aara/Ara. Though for some reason google translates アーラ to Walhalla. :?
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
deathmailrock
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by deathmailrock »

denormative wrote:
deathmailrock wrote:Darn it, I actually just read the thing right now and that doesn't look like "alice" is it a 'Ashiesu' or 'Atsesu', and is that 'Ara' (check here) Sorry, I should have checked before posting but there's nothing in the term guide; put it as "Ashiesu" for now though
Yup. アシエス・アーラ from the Japanese wikipedia page: Ashiesu Aara/Ara. Though for some reason google translates アーラ to Walhalla. :?
It's I think German form of Valhalla from Norse Mythology, so Ashieseu means Valhalla..... atleast in Google translate which isn't really the most accurate...... so the Japanese wiki used "Ashiesu"? wait, why didn't I think of that? oh well, I at least made a good choice, for a bit I though it was Atsesu...... darn Katakana is confusing sometimes

I also learned to read it before I post it rather than just trusting the internet, could have saved me a bit of time if I did...... also if the Guidelines have a proper translation of the name someone should change it (or I might if I find it on the guidelines), but for now, this is good

I also added a the Character Profiles #1-7 & 9 in English and replaced Character Profile 8 in Volume 5 with an English version (though you can still view the Japanese version in the history) and put in a few images for Volume 3 & 8....... XD enjoy.... If I made a mistake in one of the things I did, please tell me, I am only human and might have missed something

In Volume 7 I labeled that one part as Extra cause I don't know what it was.... seriously, what's it called, I put it on cause it had official art and looked important, and it'll take me too long to read all that

and if you have info on Volume 5.5 (pictures and number of chapters or the name of the shorts in it, ect.) please post people
Favorite Anime characters include Erza Scarlet, Uzumaki Kushina, and Kousaka Kirino

Megaolix
Astral Realm

Post by Megaolix »

Misogi wrote:Different translators are working on various volumes of the series.
Not to sound greedy, impatient, impolite or anything like that, but has there been any word on progress? It has been quite a long time since I saw any talk about the first volume.
deathmailrock
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by deathmailrock »

For the project in general, there was some progress; for the translations, there hasn't been an update in a while..... is someone still translating chapter 1 of volume 1? or the prologue for volume 3? or Chapter 1 of Volume 8? since those have some posts??? I wish Volume 3 would update faster as well as every other volume.....

could any of the people translating in this project tell as how far they got in translating? please?

KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

From how things look, I'll consider everyone except suzerain to be mia. So, all other volumes are considered dead. In fact, I'll remove their names, anyone who's actually still active may put their name back on the chapter if they still want to do it.
suzerain
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by suzerain »

So far, I haven't been updating my work because I still don't have internet yet. Only a few more days til its up and running.

In the meantime, its just infrequent updates from me. Still working on Chap 2.

While I'm at it, I'd appreciate it if someone came up with something nice for 武神・鉄鋼 or ドッキ・リ・ホーテ. Doki・Ri・Jote is appalling.
deathmailrock
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by deathmailrock »

suzerain wrote:So far, I haven't been updating my work because I still don't have internet yet. Only a few more days til its up and running.

In the meantime, its just infrequent updates from me. Still working on Chap 2.

While I'm at it, I'd appreciate it if someone came up with something nice for 武神・鉄鋼 or ドッキ・リ・ホーテ. Doki・Ri・Jote is appalling.
That's great that people are still working on this project XD

And Correct me if I'm wrong
武神 = Valkyrie
鉄鋼 = Iron and Steel or Armor or fistloaded weapon
together, I think it (武神・鉄鋼) should be something like "Valkyrie's Armor" or "Valkyrie's Gauntlet" something like that, sorta depends on the context

As for ドッキ・リ・ホーテ
that's a tough one, sorry, they might be referring to a place... or I'm mixing it up with something else....... My Japanese ain't that great :P

denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

suzerain wrote:ドッキ・リ・ホーテ. Doki・Ri・Jote is appalling.
ホーテ is "hotte"/"hote" not "jote", so either there's a transcription error or a read error. :P If it's a person's name the リ is likely 'li' rather then 're'. Also, any context for this term? We'd be randomly stabbing in the dark if we don't have an idea as to what it 'should' be sounding like.

And today's random "Made in Japan English" is: リ・ボーテ which somehow gets transliterated to "re-beaute" or ReBeaute; beauty salon or esthetician style services, or just making a worn object (like leather shoes or handbag) look like new.

武神・鉄鋼 = "War God of Steel"? "Steel War God"? "Iron God of War"? Sorry, I'm boring.
deathmailrock wrote:And Correct me if I'm wrong
武神 = Valkyrie
together, I think it (武神・鉄鋼) should be something like "Valkyrie's Armor" or "Valkyrie's Gauntlet" something like that, sorta depends on the context
I don't want to say you're wrong... but I don't think you're right; at least if we're talking Japanese anyway. Valkyrie is in katakana in Japanese, starting with an 'ua'-sound from the German "Walkure" if I'm remembering/spelling correctly. And if you're coming from Chinese, wouldn't the character for female be before/after it? Since that's genderless as it is.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Just for reference,ドン・キホーテ Don Quijote
The real store's name.
suzerain
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by suzerain »

Ah, my bad. I made a mistake with two of the kanji. It's 武身 鉄光. I got confident with just the romaji (bushin tekkou) and didn't even double check the text. :shock:

To give the other bit of context, Suzuno yells that out when she whips out her mallet for a slamming good time.

Maybe I'm not as satisfied leaving it in romaji as I would, say, "Bankai". Though after repeating it a few times, it's beginning to grow on me.
deathmailrock
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by deathmailrock »

denormative wrote:武神・鉄鋼 = "War God of Steel"? "Steel War God"? "Iron God of War"? Sorry, I'm boring.
deathmailrock wrote:And Correct me if I'm wrong
武神 = Valkyrie
I don't want to say you're wrong... but I don't think you're right; at least if we're talking Japanese anyway. Valkyrie is in katakana in Japanese, starting with an 'ua'-sound from the German "Walkure" if I'm remembering/spelling correctly. And if you're coming from Chinese, wouldn't the character for female be before/after it? Since that's genderless as it is.
Oh, so 武神 should be Military God or War god......
武 = Bu ( Military Art or War Art)
神 = Shin (god)

right?

how the heck did I get Valkyrie??? I probably just mixed it up with something else and named it too fast, cause I don't really know how to read chinese...... maybe I should look that up

still, why does Kanji have to be so complicated; that's why I prefer Hiragana and Katakana, it's much much easier (I do understand why they use it, but still, it sucks)

deathmailrock
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by deathmailrock »

I'm wondering something, for volume 3, the prolouge, is it complete? (minus the editing???)

denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

deathmailrock wrote:Oh, so 武神 should be Military God or War god......
武 = Bu ( Military Art or War Art)
神 = Shin (god)

right?
Yup.
deathmailrock wrote:how the heck did I get Valkyrie??? I probably just mixed it up with something else and named it too fast, cause I don't really know how to read chinese...... maybe I should look that up
Or misremembered after a google or something. From looks like it's 女武神 is Valkyrie in Chinese: http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A5%B3% ... 6%E7%A5%9E

(Always figured it's a good thing I don't have kids, otherwise I'd likely end up with daughters with names like Brynhildr or Svafa. At least Rossweisse has guessable spelling/pronunciation derivable from either.)

Return to “Teaser Feedback”