Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How do you find reading Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi

It was good, please do more!
94%
It was interesting.
6%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 121

KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Post by KuroiHikari »

MochaCookies wrote:Hey, when does this escape teaser status and become a pending project?
It doesn't, teaser or pending status is up to the contributor.
If he feels that he's just going to just drop in a chapter or two and isn't going to commit, it's better for him to put the project up as a teaser.
If he is planning to contribute a lot to the project, he'll aim for a full project by placing the pending tag(It'll be a full project upon meeting the requirements and getting approved by an admin, normally oni).
MyProjectAlicization
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by MyProjectAlicization »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that requires like at least finishing a whole volume... That could take a while.
I like stuff... Not much more to say...
pygmalion
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by pygmalion »

KuroiHikari wrote:
MochaCookies wrote:Hey, when does this escape teaser status and become a pending project?
It doesn't, teaser or pending status is up to the contributor.
If he feels that he's just going to just drop in a chapter or two and isn't going to commit, it's better for him to put the project up as a teaser.
If he is planning to contribute a lot to the project, he'll aim for a full project by placing the pending tag(It'll be a full project upon meeting the requirements and getting approved by an admin, normally oni).
Well, I think it'll be better if we put up this way: "if we can manage to complete at least one volume, then we might discussing about putting the pending tag, and removing the teaser". I don't want we rushed up to put the pending tag (which will eventually escalates to a full project when it meets the requirement) and suddenly the translation stopped midway without any news.

Not to blame nor offense anyone, I see some of the already-full projects in BT ended up like this and it's bit annoying for me, when I'm acting as reader. I simply don't want this project ended up become like them.
MochaCookies
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MochaCookies »

Ah, I see.
Then is it normal for more translators to join once it becomes a pending/full project? I can't imagine just the few of us translating and editing all 7 volumes of the novels *shudder*
pygmalion

Post by pygmalion »

MochaCookies wrote:Ah, I see.
Then is it normal for more translators to join once it becomes a pending/full project? I can't imagine just the few of us translating and editing all 7 volumes of the novels *shudder*
For this case, my answer is "yes and no". We might have more translator as the project goes on, but we also might stay with current translators up to the very end of this series.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

pygmalion wrote:
MochaCookies wrote:Ah, I see.
For this case, my answer is "yes and no". We might have more translator as the project goes on, but we also might stay with current translators up to the very end of this series.
Well, if I feel like it I will help, but for the time that don't happen I will only PR...
Call me Nurin!

pygmalion

Post by pygmalion »

So... there is no update today either? Well, I don't mind though :D
MyProjectAlicization
Haruhiist Sensei

Translations should be back to normal this week as my only test this week has been pushed back by a week.
pygmalion

Post by pygmalion »

MyProjectAlicization wrote:Translations should be back to normal this week as my only test this week has been pushed back by a week.
Nice to hear that :D This way I won't miss my daily work on editing. By the way, my college is starting next week, so I won't be here as often as I used to be. Will still do my daily edit share, though.
MyProjectAlicization
Haruhiist Sensei

Todays update.
Spoiler! :
Ai stuck her shovel into the bottom of the grave and wiped the sweat off her forehead. The warmth of Spring should not be underestimated, as her face was covered in sweat. She took a big gulp of water and stuffed her face with snacks. This candy kept moving in her mouth, it was rolled around on her tongue a few times before the sweet strawberry taste spread through her mouth.
Ai liked strawberries as they are very sweet.
She then let out a cry of satisfaction and turned around in her hole. She had worked very hard this morning; before, the hole had only been up to her knees, but now, she was standing waist deep in the same hole.
And one corner – the one that she was just facing, was noticeably deeper than the rest of the hole.
(While thinking about something else Ai had accidentally dug up too much.)
Ai nodded her head slightly in self-reflection and then refocused he mind on digging. But instead, she left the task of performing manual labour to the empty space in her brain.
Why did Youki take advantage of me being asleep to apologize to me?
Sometimes Youki will get drunk like he did that night.
Sometimes Ai will stay up all night, reading books under the moonlight.
Sometimes these two things will occur at the same time.
OMG AI KNOWS!!!!!!!! You are so screwed Youki... so screwed.

Edit: oh yeah, also we need to do the sacred WAKE UP TUSF raindance so TUSF wakes up and stats editing again. *starts dancing*
pygmalion

Post by pygmalion »

MyProjectAlicization wrote:Todays update.
Spoiler! :
Ai stuck her shovel into the bottom of the grave and wiped the sweat off her forehead. The warmth of Spring should not be underestimated, as her face was covered in sweat. She took a big gulp of water and stuffed her face with snacks. This candy kept moving in her mouth, it was rolled around on her tongue a few times before the sweet strawberry taste spread through her mouth.
She then let out a cry of satisfaction and turned around in her hole. She had worked very hard this morning; before, the hole had only been up to her knees, but now, she was standing waist deep in the same hole.
And one corner – the one that she was just facing, was noticeably deeper than the rest of the hole.
Ai nodded her head slightly in self-reflection and then refocused he mind on digging. But instead, she left the task of performing manual labour to the empty space in her brain.
Why did Youki take advantage of me being asleep to apologize to me?
OMG AI KNOWS!!!!!!!! You are so screwed Youki... so screwed.
As always, my edit share:
  • "The warmth of Spring should not be underestimated" to "The warmth of spring should not be underestimated". I don't really know about this, but isn't seasons doesn't need to be capitalized if typed in the middle of sentence?
  • "stuffed her face with snacks" to "stuffed her mouth with snacks". Since she's eating, isn't it's more appropriate to say "mouth" specifically rather than "face"?
  • "one corner – the one that she was just facing" to "on the corner she was just facing". Mixed two sentence fragments for a better sounding.
  • "refocused he mind on digging" to "refocused her mind on digging". I believe you forget the "r" here :)
  • "she left the task" to "she put the task". Since on the next part Ai was thinking something else, so I think "put" will suit better here.
  • "performing manual labour" to "performing manual labor". Minor vocabulary edit.
  • "Why did Youki take advantage of me being asleep to apologize to me?" to "Why did Youki take the advantage to apologize to me while I'm asleep?". Moved the sleep part to the end of sentence for better sentence flow.
That's all for now, and here's my final edited version:
Spoiler! :
Ai stuck her shovel into the bottom of the grave and wiped the sweat off her forehead. The warmth of spring should not be underestimated, as her face was covered in sweat. She took a big gulp of water and stuffed her mouth with snacks. This candy kept moving in her mouth, it was rolled around on her tongue a few times before the sweet strawberry taste spread through her mouth.
And on the corner she was just facing, was noticeably deeper than the rest of the hole.
Ai nodded her head slightly in self-reflection and then refocused her mind on digging. But instead, she put the task of performing manual labor to the empty space in her brain.
Why did Youki take the advantage to apologize to me while I'm asleep?

And, this part was skipped on the Anime, which makes me feel disappointed.... I'm looking forward for this scene actually....
MyProjectAlicization
Haruhiist Sensei

Just a few things about your edit Eth. I think stuffed her face would probably be better as I am trying to make the translations have a more fluid feel rather than something that reads like its done by machine and I don't know about other places but I tend to find that people say stuff your face quite often.

Another thing, you changed labour (Australian spelling) to labor (American spelling). Does this mean that we use American spelling from now on?
pygmalion

Post by pygmalion »

MyProjectAlicization wrote:Just a few things about your edit Eth. I think stuffed her face would probably be better as I am trying to make the translations have a more fluid feel rather than something that reads like its done by machine and I don't know about other places but I tend to find that people say stuff your face quite often.

Another thing, you changed labour (Australian spelling) to labor (American spelling). Does this mean that we use American spelling from now on?
Well I'm not familiar with which spelling is that actually, since I tend to mixed them while using English. If the "labour" are Australian (UK English, I believe), then just use it, since you are using that type of English so far.

For the stuffed thing, let's wait for other editor's opinion.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

pygmalion wrote:
MyProjectAlicization wrote:Just a few things about your edit Eth. I think stuffed her face would probably be better as I am trying to make the translations have a more fluid feel rather than something that reads like its done by machine and I don't know about other places but I tend to find that people say stuff your face quite often.

Well I'm not familiar with which spelling is that actually, since I tend to mixed them while using English. If the "labour" are Australian (UK English, I believe), then just use it, since you are using that type of English so far.

For the stuffed thing, let's wait for other editor's opinion.
"Stuff your face" is face, and "stuff your mouth" is fine too. 'Labour' is British English while 'labor' is American English. I don't think it matters whichever English we use, but I personally use more of British English, since I've learnt it from a very young age.

No time to make any edits today, or even tomorrow as I have my last 2 exams tomorrow and on Wednesday.
pygmalion

Post by pygmalion »

Rohan123 wrote:"Stuff your face" is face, and "stuff your mouth" is fine too. 'Labour' is British English while 'labor' is American English. I don't think it matters whichever English we use, but I personally use more of British English, since I've learnt it from a very young age.

No time to make any edits today, or even tomorrow as I have my last 2 exams tomorrow and on Wednesday.
Then, I'll leave the style choosing (either British or Amreican) to the translator :)

And, good luck with your exams, Rohan.

Return to “Teaser Feedback”