Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How do you find reading Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi

It was good, please do more!
94%
It was interesting.
6%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 121

MochaCookies
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Post by MochaCookies »

MyProjectAlicization wrote: OMG AI KNOWS!!!!!!!! You are so screwed Youki... so screwed.
I think I missed something in the plot here...what does Ai know? Watashi Kininarimasu XD
pygmalion
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by pygmalion »

MochaCookies wrote:
MyProjectAlicization wrote: OMG AI KNOWS!!!!!!!! You are so screwed Youki... so screwed.
I think I missed something in the plot here...what does Ai know? Watashi Kininarimasu XD
Read two quotes below, and I believe you'll realize it:

Youki:
He didn’t say goodnight, but instead,
“…I’m very sorry…”
Ai:
Why did Youki take advantage of me being asleep to apologize to me?
MochaCookies
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MochaCookies »

...you mean she realises that he apologised, not that she realises the reason why he's apologising?
pygmalion

Post by pygmalion »

MochaCookies wrote:...you mean she realises that he apologised, not that she realises the reason why he's apologising?
Through what I watch from the anime, and from the manga, she knows that Youki apologizing to her. But for why he apologize, it is unfolded later through the LN Volume 2 (Ortus Arc, around ep 5 in the anime).
MyProjectAlicization
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by MyProjectAlicization »

Update, it's kinda small though... also... no one was doing the wake up TUSF dance because he didn't wake up -_-
Spoiler! :
When she heard the sound of footsteps in front of her door, Ai quickly stuffed her books under the pillow and pretended to be asleep. Youki asked her: “Are you asleep?” and Ai only replied with snoring sounds. At that time Ai’s heart almost skipped a beat as she tried to refrain from making any noise; she was so scared that Youki would say: “I know you’re awake!” or, “Hurry up and go to sleep!”. After enduring this bone chilling sensation and listening to her wooden bed frame letting out a small creaking sound, Ai was relieved when Youki left. But he did speak at the last moment.
He apologized.
This situation had already happened many times before.
“What’s actually going on…?”
Ai was loosening the hard dirt as she thought about these things.
I like stuff... Not much more to say...
pygmalion

Post by pygmalion »

MyProjectAlicization wrote:Update, it's kinda small though... also... no one was doing the wake up TUSF dance because he didn't wake up -_-
Spoiler! :
When she heard the sound of footsteps in front of her door, Ai quickly stuffed her books under the pillow and pretended to be asleep. Youki asked her: “Are you asleep?” and Ai only replied with snoring sounds. At that time Ai’s heart almost skipped a beat as she tried to refrain from making any noise; she was so scared that Youki would say: “I know you’re awake!” or, “Hurry up and go to sleep!”. After enduring this bone chilling sensation and listening to her wooden bed frame letting out a small creaking sound, Ai was relieved when Youki left. But he did speak at the last moment.
He apologized.
Usual edit share from me:
  • "At that time Ai’s" to "At that time, Ai’s". Minor punctuation edit.
  • "she tried to refrain from making any noise" to "she tried not to make any noise". Simply sounds better for me :)
  • "bone chilling" to "bone-chilling". Since it's an idiom, better to put a dash between. That's my opinion though.
That's all I can notice this time, and I think all of these can be categorized as minor edits. Then, here's the edited form:
Spoiler! :
When she heard the sound of footsteps in front of her door, Ai quickly stuffed her books under the pillow and pretended to be asleep. Youki asked her: “Are you asleep?” and Ai only replied with snoring sounds. At that time, Ai’s heart almost skipped a beat as she tried not to make any noise; she was so scared that Youki would say: “I know you’re awake!” or, “Hurry up and go to sleep!”. After enduring this bone-chilling sensation and listening to her wooden bed frame letting out a small creaking sound, Ai was relieved when Youki left. But he did speak at the last moment.
He apologized.
MochaCookies
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MochaCookies »

Hey, could someone help me with this translation?

The Chinese goes: "『我乃人族之王,持彼岸之暴利擊打外來者。我乃世上所有死者的守護者。』"
And the Japanese: "『我、人の王。彼岸の暴利にて客人を打つなり。我、全ての死ある者の守護者なり』"

What I've been able to make out of it is "I am the ruler of man." at the start and "I am the protector of all the dead of the world." at the end, and also that it's written in a formal/old fashioned style.

What I don't get is the "持彼岸之暴利" phrase in the middle. Anyone know what it means?
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

MochaCookies wrote:Hey, could someone help me with this translation?

The Chinese goes: "『我乃人族之王,持彼岸之暴利擊打外來者。我乃世上所有死者的守護者。』"
And the Japanese: "『我、人の王。彼岸の暴利にて客人を打つなり。我、全ての死ある者の守護者なり』"

What I've been able to make out of it is "I am the ruler of man." at the start and "I am the protector of all the dead of the world." at the end, and also that it's written in a formal/old fashioned style.

What I don't get is the "持彼岸之暴利" phrase in the middle. Anyone know what it means?
Not sure but here's my approach:
"For I am the ruler of man, smiting the livings into an eternal nirvana. Hence I am the protector of all the dead in the world."

The words are kinda vague here. The 外來者/客人 part is referring to the ppl of outside Ortus here -----> hence the livings. And also this part 持彼 the definition is a bit different (comparing CH and JP), although it leads to the same thing, the concept of "death" -----> being freed from all restraints/to reach enlightenment. Furthermore, the last part 暴利 which mean excess amount, etc. so I just used the world eternal.
Patron God of NTRed
MyProjectAlicization
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by MyProjectAlicization »

Update, it's kinda small today as I have no idea what this part is talking about... can any of you guys make sense out of it?
Spoiler! :
Youki should’ve been apologizing for lying and all was doing was apologizing. (Yeah… I don’t understand this sentence.)
Ai’s small suspicions grew like a snowball rolling down the snowy slopes. Ai found it that whenever Youki or the villagers put themselves in a Grave Keeper’s shoes, she couldn’t help but think: “Something isn’t right”. The villagers would often disrupt her work like yesterday when they offered her snacks or when they offer to help with her chores; this would get her to be scolded by Youki,
the people didn’t actually want to be Grave Keepers.
Ai began to adopt such thoughts.
After finding out one thing, she started paying attention to the little indications and details.
I like stuff... Not much more to say...
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

MyProjectAlicization wrote:Youki should’ve been apologizing for lying and all was doing was apologizing. (Yeah… I don’t understand this sentence.)
Okay okay, this was harsh, I will try checking on the japanese raws once I got home(on work :lol: )
Call me Nurin!

MochaCookies
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MochaCookies »

Okay, I've finished translating part 4 of chapter 1. I'll post it up tmrw once I'm done proof reading it.
I'll also look through that translation part tmrw, MPA, and see what I can do.
Hiyono
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by Hiyono »

The part in question:
Spoiler! :
"Just what on earth is going on..." Ai muttered to herself as she loosened the dirt with her shovel.

Youki had done something which not only warranted apologizing, but for which he couldn't stop apologizing.

The slight feeling of unease began to flare up like a snowball rolling downhill, growing ever larger as it rolled. As Ai came to this to realization, she thought back on all the times Youki and the other villagers had interacted with her in her role as a Gravekeeper, and the strange feeling it evoked in her that something was fishy. Oddly, they would interfere with her work, occasionally acting as they did the night before, either stuffing her full of treats or helping with her chores - and getting scolded by Youki along with her.

It was almost as if they hoped she wouldn't act as a Gravekeeper.

Ai began to think such thoughts.

Once you'd noticed one thing, you couldn't help but notice other indicators as well.

Under Ai's careful consideration, she discovered that the villagers would all whisper their apologies to her when they thought she wouldn't notice. Whether it was when they were treating her to snacks, helping her with chores, or simply patting her on the head; each and every action was colored with a tinge of regret.
"There is always an easy solution to every problem - neat, plausible and wrong." H.L. Mencken (1971)
pygmalion

Post by pygmalion »

MyProjectAlicization wrote:Update, it's kinda small today as I have no idea what this part is talking about... can any of you guys make sense out of it?
Spoiler! :
Youki should’ve been apologizing for lying and all was doing was apologizing. (Yeah… I don’t understand this sentence.)
Ai’s small suspicions grew like a snowball rolling down the snowy slopes. Ai found it that whenever Youki or the villagers put themselves in a Grave Keeper’s shoes, she couldn’t help but think: “Something isn’t right”. The villagers would often disrupt her work like yesterday when they offered her snacks or when they offer to help with her chores; this would get her to be scolded by Youki,
the people didn’t actually want to be Grave Keepers.
After finding out one thing, she started paying attention to the little indications and details.
First, I'd like to explain the situation for the part you're questioning: "Youki should’ve been apologizing for lying and all was doing was apologizing."
Spoiler! :
The village Ai was actually living in, is fulfilled with dead people, even for Youki and Anna. But, with reason for Ai's sake, no one of them are telling the truth to Ai.

Ai realize this herself as her sense as Grave Keeper grows, especially after Hampnie comes over to her village and killed every dead people around, which means, all the villagers.

The statement here tells that Ai actually already sensed that all the villagers is actually dead, but since they don't say anything to her, she pretends not to know either.
Edits as usual:
  • "all was doing was apologizing" to "all he was doing was apologizing". I'm pretty sure you forget the "he" here.
  • "After finding out one thing, she started paying attention to the little indications and details." to "After finding out about it, she started paying attention to the little indications and details.". Sounds better for me...
That's all the edit for your today's update.

Here's the final form:
Spoiler! :
Youki should’ve been apologizing for lying and all he was doing was apologizing. (Yeah… I don’t understand this sentence.)
Ai’s small suspicions grew like a snowball rolling down the snowy slopes. Ai found it that whenever Youki or the villagers put themselves in a Grave Keeper’s shoes, she couldn’t help but think: “Something isn’t right”. The villagers would often disrupt her work like yesterday when they offered her snacks or when they offer to help with her chores; this would get her to be scolded by Youki, the people didn’t actually want to be Grave Keepers.
After finding out about it, she started paying attention to the little indications and details.
pygmalion

Post by pygmalion »

Nura rihan wrote:
MyProjectAlicization wrote:Youki should’ve been apologizing for lying and all was doing was apologizing. (Yeah… I don’t understand this sentence.)
Okay okay, this was harsh, I will try checking on the japanese raws once I got home(on work :lol: )
The sentence seems just fine to me, and it's on the flow with the remaining context. I tried to find the raw's page, but no luck -_-
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

I would like to say that pls use googledocs or edit ur old post since this is getting out of control else I will need to delete this myself.
Best Regards.

P.S. MPA if you are not sure about the part, be sure to post the CH raw too since it is a hassle to look around for it.
Patron God of NTRed

Return to “Teaser Feedback”