Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How do you find reading Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi

It was good, please do more!
94%
It was interesting.
6%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 121

cramped
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Post by cramped »

Ah, I want to start this topic up because I love the concept of this novel. In addition, this novel will get an anime if I am not wrong.

The story is basically about a world where people couldn't die nor reproduce, and there is a little girl named, Ai (a gravekeeper). One day she met a person who have the same name as her father.

Project page is here: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Kami-sama_no_Inai_Nichiyoubi

Here's a bit of the first volume's prologue.
God created world on Monday.

God separated order and chaos on Tuesday.

God defined the numbers on Wednesday.

God allowed the flow of time on Thursday.

God looked over at every corner of the world on Friday.

God rested on Saturday.

Then, on Sunday, God——

The place was like a natural cemetery.

Originally the place was a lush, fertile hill, but at present it was densely covered by overgrowth, with boulders scattered all over. Arid wind blew through the remnants of living beings, a tree stood straight in solitude on the bald hill, not a presence of a single human could be sighted.

Just to restore the forest to eighty percent of its former glory would take over a hundred years. That was how barren the land was.

In a corner of this piece of land, a gravekeeper was currently waving her shovel with great efforts.

The job of a gravekeeper, of course, is to maintain the cemetery.

The girl continued to try her best to dig, using her entire strength she stab the shovel into the ground, then using it as a lever to scoop up the soil into the basket.

Ai kneeling down on the ground, exhaled out, proceeding to gaze at the western horizon. Reflected from her sight, she could see the sun setting, the breezing wind also began to feel cold.

Ai with an expression full of resentment looked at the setting sun, after a while she forced herself to get out of the pit. The surrounding was composed of similar looking graves.

Taking a glance at the countless graves, Ai muttered to herself.

“Job done!”

Carrying the equipments down the hill. At the foot of the hill was a wooden cabin and a well, there Ai used it to clean the equipments. These tools had been used for a whole day as such it was dirtied black.

Ai using her hands, she soaked the equipments in water, then grabbed a stool and a brush over while rolling up her sleeves. After a good while of preparations, Ai washed the equipments clean. Washing away the sediment, laying it out in the sun, also lubricating various parts of the equipments. She groaned as she swiftly carrying out her tasks, the pail, the sickle and the hoe was sparkling under the rays of light.

At last Ai lifted up her partner.

The shovel.

The shovel was of a simple design; a wooden shaft with a silver metallic head, on the surface patterns of trees and roots were engraved on it, an evidence supporting her claim as a gravekeeper.

Ai carefully washed her beloved shovel.

Last edited by cautr on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Added link for project page.
Patron God of NTRed
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Re: Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Post by shichinanatsu »

@cramped: yep, this one will start airing july, so no worries there. 8)

though.. you said it was a setting where people couldn't die or reproduce, so why is a grave-keeper someone's daughter? :?
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

There's already people existing, but one day god gone missing. This caused people to can't reproduce or die.
Patron God of NTRed
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando

Post by pudding321 »

bump for female protag
LoveLive! and Book Girl Extras: http://schoolidoldiary.wordpress.com/
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

you forgot to add a poll for this. 8)
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

I will just continue to update the prologue here (I did this at school on my phone so bear with it)
Spoiler! :
The well, the wooden cabin, and the equipments were all provided to her by the villagers. In response to their good wills, she treasured them dearly. Finally, she stored the tools in the cabin.
What’s left on her hand was just the shovel.
“See you later, everyone.”
Closing the door with a *bang*. The tools sparkled for one last time.
After tidying things up, Ai checked her appearance. Touching the cheeks with her hand, she discovered that her face was smeared with mud, her fingers were also dirtied. Sighing, she took off her shoes and shirt, and loosen her hair.
Her beautiful golden hair was like another sun in time of dusk.
Ai only used the water to clear out the filth sticking to her hair and skin, resulting in it changing from red to a golden luster, comparable to a gem buried in the ground for eons being unearthed.
But the action of her washing herself compared to when she washed the tools is much more hasty.
Complaining that the water in her mouth was too cold, ignoring the fact that there was still bubbles left over on her body, Ai put on her clothes.
First, she put her delicate hands and feet into the gloves and shoes accordingly.
Then tying the iron hammer, spoons, and all sort of tools with her leather belt.
Next she attached the hook and some other accessories onto her outer coat.
Afterwards, combing her hair, putting on a straw hat, and pulled it down to her chin level.
Finally she picked up the shovel, turned around and flipped it over, then placed it on her shoulder.
Like this, Ai finished wearing her gravekeeper outfit.
The sun was setting in the far distant mountain. Signaling Ai to go back home.

Today the digging of the 47th grave had started, hoped it will be finished by tomorrow——
Strolling along the mountain path, she danced around singing happily. She continued to flip over the shovel incessantly causing noises, humming as she walked towards the pitch-black mountain path fearlessly, and jumping as she advanced forward. There was no way Ai could tumble over because she knew every nook and cranny of this place, even what kind of bird lived on a certain tree.
Not long after, after finishing her trip, what entered her vision was the scene of the night sky and a village. The never ending fields stretched far and wide, light shining out from the households. A long and narrow sized village was being concealed between the mountain valleys.
Ai had stopped humming.
She then clear her throat, and proceeded to inspect her attire——is the clothes tucked in, are the shoelaces untied, is there any speck of dust on her.
Lastly slapping the face to encourage herself, eliminating the expression on her face.
Gravekeepers are the protector of the death, the envoy of death, lastly the god of death himself.
Ai firmly believed that the expression a gravekeeper ought to have is an expressionless face.
Making up her resolution to maintain dignity, she then walked towards the village.
She straighten her back, lower her line of sight, and with her shoes made up of iron and leather, step by step traces were created on the muddy ground. Carrying the shovel on her shoulder like a gun, exposing the imposing insignia on the shovel's head, though small, she still exuded an oppressive atmosphere.
Suddenly an old man lifted his head up from within the field. Ai pretended to have look by accident, using her eyes to take a quick glance at him. The person in question was of course the blacksmith Utah who helped create tools for everybody.
After a brief moment of watching, the head immediately disappeared from he field. Ai thought to herself that he must be frightened by her aura, as such she raised her fist up high representing that of a victor.
"Hey~~everybody listens, Ai-chan is back~~"
However Utah came back quickly, moreover along with his shouting, almost ten villagers sprang out. Each of them wore ragged cloth and trouser, and a straw hat atop of the head. Mixed in the crowd were villagers both young and old, the majority either got wounds all over their bodies, blinded, or handicapped. Those who didn’t tend to the field also appeared, this is how bustling the field is in spring.
Patron God of NTRed
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Shouldn't you create a page under "Teaser Projects" and upload your translations there? I thought that was the norm and that it would be relocated as a full project after approbation.
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

I am a slacky translator so here suits me fine, plus there are way too many teasers on BT already.
Patron God of NTRed
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

The background of the story is good. It seems quite interesting, voted yes. :)
Ryugen
Astral Realm

Post by Ryugen »

The anime adaption definitely surprised me. I would love to read the Light Novel, but I can't find any translations. I vote yes :D
pygmalion
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by pygmalion »

I really want this novel got translated....

By the way, I've started the wikia for this series, anyone want to involve in it, please come. Here's the link: http://kami-nichi.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

pygmalion wrote:I really want this novel got translated....

By the way, I've started the wikia for this series, anyone want to involve in it, please come. Here's the link: http://kami-nichi.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Let's just hope that some of our translators will have the Pygmalion Effect and start contributing to more projects. I don't think this effect comes into play for wikia editing though...
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

Teh_ping wrote:
pygmalion wrote:I really want this novel got translated....

Let's just hope that some of our translators will have the Pygmalion Effect and start contributing to more projects. I don't think this effect comes into play for wikia editing though...
Not likely gonna happens for me since I love procrastinating and I am always sleepy.
Patron God of NTRed
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Please, I really want the light novel to be subtituled, the manga is really excellent! ^^
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Subtituled? not translated? :roll: :roll:

I think that it's only a matter of time here :lol:
Call me Nurin!

Return to “Teaser Feedback”