Yume Nikki

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "Yume Nikki"?

It was good! Please do more!
95%
It was interesting, but the translation/editing could be better.
5%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 40

DreamlessWindow
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Yume Nikki

Post by DreamlessWindow »

This is now the feedback thread for Yume Nikki.

-------

Japanese name: Yume Nikki - Anata no Yume ni Watashi ha inai (ゆめにっき・あなたの夢に私はいない)
English name: Dream Diary - I'm not in your dream
Label: FreeGameNovel/PHP
Author: Akira
Illustrations: Arisaka Ako
Original Creator: Kikiyama
Volumes released: 1 (released on 28 of august of 2013)

Synopsis
Adaptation of the RPGMaker game by Kikiyama, Yume Nikki is the story about a young girl named Madotsuki that travels and explores her dreams every night, never leaving her room. Those dreams are filled with the most estrange beings and places, giving an insight of Madotsuki. Follow her while she discovers the deepest places of her mind.
I know the synopsis is kinda lame, but I can't really think of anything else. If I've done something wrong, please, tell me so I can correct it.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Re: Yume Nikki

Post by Rohan123 »

So...this was released 3 days ago, and is a one shot LN?
DreamlessWindow
Project Translator

Rohan123 wrote:So...this was released 3 days ago, and is a one shot LN?
Exactly. It's part of the Yume Nikki Project, that included an image CD, a manga that is being published and that I'm translating on Batoto, and this light novel.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

Okay then, hope some translator gets interested in this and translates this ASAP. :lol:
DreamlessWindow
Project Translator

I plan to do it myself. I'm waiting for confirmation of the wiki supervisors to make the project page, but I've already finished translating the first chapter (it's only 4 pages long, though).
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

DreamlessWindow wrote:I plan to do it myself. I'm waiting for confirmation of the wiki supervisors to make the project page, but I've already finished translating the first chapter (it's only 4 pages long, though).
If you've already translated the first chapter, then you can go ahead and make the project page on the wiki, without having to wait for confirmation. The requirement to create a project page on the wiki is to have a translated chapter put up, but don't forget to put the Warning:ATP tag on top of the page, like in here.
DreamlessWindow
Project Translator

Rohan123 wrote:If you've already translated the first chapter, then you can go ahead and make the project page on the wiki, without having to wait for confirmation. The requirement to create a project page on the wiki is to have a translated chapter put up, but don't forget to put the Warning:ATP tag on top of the page, like in here.
I see. Thank you for the info. I'll do that, then.

Edit: Done: Yume Nikki
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Yume Nikki

Post by Rohan123 »

This is the feedback thread for Yume Nikki.
Please tell us what you think of it and vote in the poll above.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

Changed the feedback thread link on the wiki to the new teaser thread for this project here.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Rohan123 wrote:... but don't forget to put the Warning:ATP tag on top of the page ...
I was under the impression that the ATP tag was only added once the project was ready to be added to the side-bar (even if I'm "right", not everyone always uses the tag that way). The stated requirement for the sidebar is one chapter, so it's true that requirement is fulfilled in the literal sense. However, prologues don't count typically because of their short length, and the completed chapter so far is rather short. It's not for me to decide whether or not it should be added to the sidebar, but if you don't think it will be added yet, then you should add [[Category:Teasers]] which will automatically put it onto the Teasers page.
DreamlessWindow
Project Translator

Cthaeh wrote:However, prologues don't count typically because of their short length, and the completed chapter so far is rather short. It's not for me to decide whether or not it should be added to the sidebar, but if you don't think it will be added yet, then you should add [[Category:Teasers]] which will automatically put it onto the Teasers page.
Well, to be honest, all the chapters from the first part are that short (this one was 4 pages long, and the longest one of the first part is 7 pages long. The first part goes for 59 pages, including illustrations). Anyway, I plan to finish translating the second one today too, so I don't think I'll have a problem with the one week deadline.
agar9691
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by agar9691 »

Many thanks for taking up this title and hope you continue translating.
I'm personally a big fan of psychological, horror and other such genres. So if your okay with it then I'd like to help edit whenever this series gets any update in BT.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

DreamlessWindow wrote:
Cthaeh wrote:However, prologues don't count typically because of their short length, and the completed chapter so far is rather short. It's not for me to decide whether or not it should be added to the sidebar, but if you don't think it will be added yet, then you should add [[Category:Teasers]] which will automatically put it onto the Teasers page.
Well, to be honest, all the chapters from the first part are that short (this one was 4 pages long, and the longest one of the first part is 7 pages long. The first part goes for 59 pages, including illustrations). Anyway, I plan to finish translating the second one today too, so I don't think I'll have a problem with the one week deadline.

There is no one week deadline anymore, that was an old rule. And adding the tag is fine since it seems that DreamlessWindow is planning to continue translating this LN.
DreamlessWindow
Project Translator

agar9691 wrote:Many thanks for taking up this title and hope you continue translating.
I'm personally a big fan of psychological, horror and other such genres. So if your okay with it then I'd like to help edit whenever this series gets any update in BT.
Of course, feel free to help and edit the chapters as they come out. English is not my first language, so I'm sure I make mistakes, and that any native English speaker can find better and more varied words. Obviously, feel free to contact me if you have any doubt.
Thank you, and I hope you enjoy the book (although, to be honest, I don't know where is it going).
tsuzuki
Mikuru's Master

Post by tsuzuki »

I can't find it neither in the teaser page nor the LN list...But I'm very curious :)
Last edited by tsuzuki on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Teaser Feedback”