Mahou Sensou

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "Mahou Sensou"?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 242

Felinon
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahou Sensou

Post by Felinon »

I said no, due to an anime already being released of said novel. I don't believe it will gain much attention due to it and be a waste of effort which could be focused into other/better projects. Personally I have little interest after seeing what there currently is in the anime.
Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sacredus »

But i heard that anime butchered LN material... So translating this is not that bad idea.
jn19930
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by jn19930 »

Sacredus wrote:But i heard that anime butchered LN material... So translating this is not that bad idea.
This. I've read the first few volumes and watched the anime. The anime goes at a super-fast pace which skips a lot of the details in the LN. From what I remember, the anime is already at Vol. 3 (I could be wrong) and it's only halfway through the season. So TL-ing this would actually give all the lost details, so it isn't a bad idea to translate this.
Spoiler! :
Location of my translated works:
http://pastebin.com/u/jn19930
jin_ssi
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by jin_ssi »

Yeah, the anime doesn't really do a good a job with this, they should have done this like they did with Strike the Blood, do one volume over three or four episodes. By the way I had to re translate Part 6 and Part 7 somehow the original file got removed from my hard drive. I think I am only going to be able to do three or four pages at a time instead a full part, I've gotten busier at work, but I am still planning on translating this series.
Intrepid
Kyonist

Post by Intrepid »

I recently discovered this series through the anime, and while I like the anime, I would like to read the LN as well, since it sounds like the anime skips a lot of content in the LN. I don't know Japanese, but I don't mind doing some editing as the chapters are released if that would help. Thank you jin_ssi for the work you have put in so far!
Aurst
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Aurst »

Thanks for translating dude, looking forward to them.

I'd say translating from the later novels would be a better idea but that's not to say this isn't appreciated at all (in fact it's greatly appreciated). At least this way I can cover up missing details.
jin_ssi
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by jin_ssi »

For awhile I went on hiatus due to circumstances, but I am going back to translating this. On another note I just watched the last episode of the Anime adaptation and all I can say is what was that?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

jin_ssi wrote:For awhile I went on hiatus due to circumstances, but I am going back to translating this. On another note I just watched the last episode of the Anime adaptation and all I can say is what was that?
Dunno, but I can count more than one instance I was confused.

I remember one fight before which MC and the blond girl were arguing. Then, during the fight, the girl just completely disappeared. :lol:
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Kira0802 wrote:
jin_ssi wrote:For awhile I went on hiatus due to circumstances, but I am going back to translating this. On another note I just watched the last episode of the Anime adaptation and all I can say is what was that?
Dunno, but I can count more than one instance I was confused.
I started emitting WTF-induced question marks since somewhere about the 3rd episode and never stopped. :( I didn't mind Campione's anime so much (except for the ending :( ) which was rushed, but this anime felt like it was rushed and it was a complete mess; it felt continually like they were pulling plot out of thin air rather then actually building a story. :? Kind of in a "this couldn't possibly have come from a LN, there's no way that would get past an editor" kind of way. :(
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

denormative wrote: I started emitting WTF-induced question marks since somewhere about the 3rd episode and never stopped. :( I didn't mind Campione's anime so much (except for the ending :( ) which was rushed, but this anime felt like it was rushed and it was a complete mess; it felt continually like they were pulling plot out of thin air rather then actually building a story. :? Kind of in a "this couldn't possibly have come from a LN, there's no way that would get past an editor" kind of way. :(
After reading this, I am glad that I didn't continue watching the series after ep 1 release. :lol:
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

chancs wrote:
denormative wrote: I started emitting WTF-induced question marks since somewhere about the 3rd episode and never stopped. :( I didn't mind Campione's anime so much (except for the ending :( ) which was rushed, but this anime felt like it was rushed and it was a complete mess; it felt continually like they were pulling plot out of thin air rather then actually building a story. :? Kind of in a "this couldn't possibly have come from a LN, there's no way that would get past an editor" kind of way. :(
After reading this, I am glad that I didn't continue watching the series after ep 1 release. :lol:
Granted it's not that the series is completely worthless; the main problem is that it seems like no-one seemed to care. I haven't watched the ending episodes yet, but apparently they're truly WTF-inducing and end on a cliff hanger. It feels like they got a writer/story-boarder to put together a 26 episode series with an anime-only ending, then they realised they only had 12 episodes, so they stripped off the anime-only ending, and then compressed each pair of episodes into one keeping only the bare-bones required-main-storyline elements.

I think my first reaction that this series' storyline was completely broken was:
Spoiler! :
That at one point, the second or third episode I think, the MC announced that the other girl who went to the magic-world with him was his girlfriend, or rather that they were a pretend-couple. Maybe I missed obvious terms-of-endearment being used, but I didn't notice any interaction between the two before that point that even felt like they were anything more then school friends, let alone pretending to have a relationship. >.<
Anyway, the only reason I think you'd want to watch it is if you wanted to see what (fragmented) parts of the storyline look animated; like the magic or whatever.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
jin_ssi
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by jin_ssi »

I haven't read all the way to the current volume of the series yet, but I read somewhere on a different forum that either volume 6 (?) or the last volume ended on a cliff hanger like they did in the anime.
Sozuoka
Reader

Post by Sozuoka »

Is this PJ still active? One of my fellow Vietnamese translators wants to translate this awesome novel into Vietnamese using the current English version, so he asked if you can give him permission :D
~I don't often translate, but when I do, I give up after 30 minutes.~
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

You could try to ask there too: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6014
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
BGMaxie
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BGMaxie »

Even the author did not think it was a good idea, and I can see why. Sure the anime showed the series had potential, but they rushed it so much when has too much to tell that it wasn't wise at all. Also the cast was not bad, but I did not like Mamoru Miyano as MC, I did not fit him '-'

Hope the Novels can narrate the story better.

Return to “Teaser Feedback”