Mahou Sensou

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "Mahou Sensou"?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 242

Kouen no Ten
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahou Sensou

Post by Kouen no Ten »

お前らいい加減にしろ!~

Nurincchi, you picking this up?
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nurin »

Kouen no Ten wrote:お前らいい加減にしろ!~

Nurincchi, you picking this up?
Picking what up? :roll: :lol:
Call me Nurin!

Kouen no Ten
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kouen no Ten »

Ohh~ You jest~ Surely you understood what I meant~ -_-
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nurin »

Kouen no Ten wrote:Ohh~ You jest~ Surely you understood what I meant~ -_-
k, no I'm not :lol:
Call me Nurin!

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Whats closer to the novel - the manga adaption or the anime adaption?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
blackwhite67
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blackwhite67 »

Darklor wrote:Whats closer to the novel - the manga adaption or the anime adaption?
Manga definitely. Anime screwed up horribly.
Kouen no Ten
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kouen no Ten »

Although Anime is totally out, Manga butchered a lot things itself.
jin_ssi
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by jin_ssi »

Is 13thdan still translating this? I am debating on trying some translation seeing as how I am taking this semester off and only working, so I have some free time on my hands.

Nevermind, I started translating chapter 1, but I don't know how long it will take me to finish, this would be the first time I've undertaken a translation of this scale, I usually just stick to smaller stuff, like translating skills or something in a JRPG.
Kouen no Ten
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kouen no Ten »

Nope, no one is translating this, by all means pick it up! :)

If you need any help with terminology or proofreading, just give a shout. :)
jin_ssi
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by jin_ssi »

Okay, thanks. From the looks of my current pace, I should have around 25% of Chapter 1 finished by tomorrow but no promises, I give Kudos to the guys who can translate stuff quickly. Here is my text for the first page of Chapter 1, give me thoughts on how I can make the translation smoother.

One step from the entrance Nanase Takeshi slightly breathed in what remained of the cool night air.
It was a clear sky with no clouds.
It was just after 6:30am.
Because of the moisture, it might be too early for a high school student to be commuting.
Still, as usual Takeshi quietly closed the front door and walked out the gate.
The next door neighbor has an elegant mansion with white gates that open automatically before you approach.
Good morning Takeshi.
A girl wearing the same school uniform as Takeshi emerged from the gate and smiled sweetly.
Good morning Isoshima.
Takeshi and this girl, Isoshima Kurumi, start walking next to each other.
This scene is always the same.
The Takeshi residence is fairly typical, however, where Kurumi lives, the Isoshima mansion, is quite famous in the neighborhood.
The mansion is surrounded by a vast garden, it’s nearly five times the area of the Takeshi residence.
Kouen no Ten
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kouen no Ten »

jin_ssi wrote:Okay, thanks. From the looks of my current pace, I should have around 25% of Chapter 1 finished by tomorrow but no promises, I give Kudos to the guys who can translate stuff quickly. Here is my text for the first page of Chapter 1, give me thoughts on how I can make the translation smoother.

One step from the entrance Nanase Takeshi slightly breathed in what remained of the cool night air.
It was a clear sky with no clouds.
It was just after 6:30am.
Because of the moisture, it might be too early for a high school student to be commuting. - For an average high school student, It might have been a bit too early to depart for school, but Takeshi, as usual, closed the front gate quietly, and started walking.
Still, as usual Takeshi quietly closed the front door and walked out the gate.
The next door neighbor has an elegant mansion with white gates that open automatically before you approach. - The fine white gate of the mansion on the right, opened automatically when he came before it.
Good morning Takeshi.
A girl wearing the same school uniform as Takeshi emerged/came out from the opened gate and smiled sweetly.
Good morning Isoshima.
Takeshi and this girl, Isoshima Kurumi, start walking next to each other. - Alternative - Takeshi and the girl, Isoshima Kurumi started walking alongside each other.
This scene is always the same. - Alternative -This was a usual sight.
The Takeshi residence is fairly typical, however, where Kurumi lives, the Isoshima mansion, is quite famous in the neighborhood.
The mansion is surrounded by a vast garden, it’s nearly five times the area of the Takeshi residence.
- Takeshi's house was your typical single family detached house, while on the other hand, the house of Kurumi who lived next door, was a mansion called Isohima Residence, which was famous even in the neighborhood. That mansion which was surrounded by a wide garden in all four directions, had 5 times more land than Takeshi's house.
Be careful of the tenses, try your best to avoid passive voice, and etc.

Don't worry about various things, and focus on drafting, the editors will do the shaping.
jin_ssi
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by jin_ssi »

I didn't really think of combining two sentences together, I was translating sentence by sentence according to the raw. Thanks.
I wonder if I should add what I have done onto the teaser page and apply for it become a normal project.
Kouen no Ten
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kouen no Ten »

jin_ssi wrote:I didn't really think of combining two sentences together, I was translating sentence by sentence according to the raw. Thanks.
I wonder if I should add what I have done onto the teaser page and apply for it become a normal project.
For a project to qualify for the full project,

1)The project is required to have at the very least 1 chapter completely translated.
2) An active translator registered for the project.

Do you wanna translate more than one chapter?
jin_ssi
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by jin_ssi »

I am thinking I want to, I know there are some users who want to see the series translated, and so far from what I've read and translated I think I might enjoy doing this. The only concern I have is if I will have accurate translations or not, as I've been doing this I've found sometimes it's hard to figure out how to word sentences to make it coherent english.
Kouen no Ten
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kouen no Ten »

jin_ssi wrote:I am thinking I want to, I know there are some users who want to see the series translated, and so far from what I've read and translated I think I might enjoy doing this. The only concern I have is if I will have accurate translations or not, as I've been doing this I've found sometimes it's hard to figure out how to word sentences to make it coherent english.
Don't let it get to you, that's something everyone had to go through. I assure you, it will only be getting easier from here on.

For the parts that are really troubling you, try to use this Thread.

To add, I'll proofread the stuff you translate, so no worries. :)

Just let it floor~

Return to “Teaser Feedback”