Watashi Tachi no Tamura kun

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find Watashi Tachi no Tamura kun?

It was good! Please do more!
90%
It was interesting.
6%
Not as good as I thought.
2%
Boring. Not touching it again.
1%

Total votes: 206

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Watashi Tachi no Tamura kun

Post by onizuka-gto »

This is the feed back thread for Watashi Tachi no Tamura kun

Please tell us what you think of it.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
madeintaiwan
Astral Realm

Post by madeintaiwan »

i've read this before, watashi tachi no tamura kun volume 1 and 2, and i didn't really like it. Although it ranked 7 in このライトノベルがすごい!, just one rank below suzumiya haruhi. i quite like another light novel series by the same author takemiya yuyuko 竹宮ゆゆこ though, "tora dora" or とらドラ!, or sometimes known as TIGER×DRAGON!
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Unless I'm missing something, there is no translation . . . . . . Is there? If so, where?
madeintaiwan
Astral Realm

Post by madeintaiwan »

yes there is, in traditional chinese that is. I read the japanese one, and the kadokawa taiwan books
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

>.> I won't tell him about the translated chapter one if you won't-zeh.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Setherzam wrote:>.> I won't tell him about the translated chapter one if you won't-zeh.
Where's the translated chapter . . . . .

Edit: I found it . . . . .

/me stabs self for stupidity.
madeintaiwan
Astral Realm

Post by madeintaiwan »

[quote="Jumpyshoes"]Unless I'm missing something, there is no translation . . . . . . Is there? If so, where?[/quote]

oh i thought you meant the whole volumes translated, my bad. yes there is a bit translated on this site. i know quite a few people have liked watashi tachi no tamura kun.
OceanBlue
Astral Realm

Post by OceanBlue »

It seems interesting, just reading the first chapter.

Although, usually most novels try to get you to like the book by the first chapter, so I want to see how the author handles the rest of the book.

In other words, I'd enjoy it if the translations were continued, but I'm not really imploring that this should be translated. It's not to up to me.
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Re: Watashi Tachi no Tamura kun

Post by Assassin »

I've read it long ago, and of course, I won't be accepting anything other than "DO MOAR!"

And, man... do I have the raws for Vol 2 (the final volume) right here... freshly gotten. But the novel pages are scans...
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Watashitachi no Tamura-kun

Post by fiendmaw »

A small series of light novels(two novels,which include a side-story) by Takemiya Yuyuko.

I can't really write a meaningful synopsis,so I'll copy what Wikipedia sais,though it's very spoiler-ish...
Spoiler! :
Watashitachi no Tamura-kun's main story revolves around the title character Yukisada Tamura, who is in his third year of junior-high school when the story begins. Yukisada has become captivated by a strange girl named Komaki Matsuzawa who says that her birthplace was on another planet and she is trying to go back.[1] One day, Yukisada confesses his affections to Komaki, but immediately following this, Komaki's grandmother dies and she has to move away. They both manage to keep in contact for a while by writing letters, though Komaki stops writing around the time of the high school entrance exams. When Yukisada enters high school, he becomes concerned with one of his female classmates named Hiroka Sōma.[1] In junior-high, Hiroka was constantly bullied, which would cause her to stay home, eventually causing her to become isolated and helpless. Yukisada chooses not to ignore her like most of his other classmates, and instead starts encouraging her and helps her to build her self-esteem. Before long, Hiroka falls for Yukisada, and one day confesses her love to him. During this time, Yukisada has kept in contact with Komaki and has mentioned Hiroka in his letters. Thereupon, one day after a long time, a letter arrives from Komaki to Yukisada asking who exactly is Hiroka. Yukisada later faces a complicated situation involving his old love Komaki and his new love Hiroka.
I learned of these novels after reading the manga.And I really want the novels to be translated.
Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watashitachi_no_Tamura-kun
OM link: http://www.onemanga.com/Watashitachi_no_Tamura-kun/

So,what do you think?
dragonst
Project Translator

Re: Watashitachi no Tamura-kun

Post by dragonst »

I have the chinese translated version for volume 2, so I could start work if BT decides to host it, since toradora seems to be overflowing with translators
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

*Hurt*I haven't checked the teaser forum...but...It's over an year old,so this thread is somehow valid I guess...and we have a translator too!
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

fiendmaw wrote:*Hurt*I haven't checked the teaser forum...but...It's over an year old,so this thread is somehow valid I guess...and we have a translator too!
Don't mind about that though, sorry for interrupting the joy...

and you got a translator for that? dragonst?

or might it be... you instead? :P

Just kidding. :lol:
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

That would probably be me. But I'm gonna be extremely busy for next year so I would like to start work asap and maybe finish it by the end of the year. I guess the problem now would be to get a project supervisor?
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-