Watashi Tachi no Tamura kun

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find Watashi Tachi no Tamura kun?

It was good! Please do more!
90%
It was interesting.
6%
Not as good as I thought.
2%
Boring. Not touching it again.
1%

Total votes: 206

Lucid Yume
Astral Realm

Re: Watashitachi no Tamura-kun

Post by Lucid Yume »

I liked both the teaser and the related manga. Therefore I would love to see this project worked on, as Watashi Tachi no Tamura kun seems very much in the same vein as Toradora. However, being from the same author, this is to be expected but there are also unique and interesting story points. If there is ever a translator available, which seems hard to come by, I would like this to be translated. Yuyuko Takemiya certainly writes her novels well.
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

Ohhh, I'm glad someone resurrected this. I ended up reading the manga, it's pretty nice.
Spoiler! :
I wish more endings were like that - he chose a girl but it's still kind of open. Does Toradora end like that?
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

Spoiler! :
No it doesn't, and if you look at it from another angle, the titles of the two books already tell you the endings don't they? "Our Tamura-kun" and "Tiger & Dragon" o_O
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
Lucid Yume
Astral Realm

Post by Lucid Yume »

That's a pretty logical way to look at it. Hah, that's pretty funny that it works out that way.
SagittaMagica
Astral Realm

Re: Watashi Tachi no Tamura kun

Post by SagittaMagica »

Having read the first chapter, it has got me hooked.

Aside from character designs of the illustrations, the way it was conveyed is really really appealing.
And I for one, really express my desire for more translated chapters from this series...

But seeing the real lack of interest for this series due to the short amount of feedbacks in this thread...
It really has me saddened.

-cheers!
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

SagittaMagica wrote:Having read the first chapter, it has got me hooked.

Aside from character designs of the illustrations, the way it was conveyed is really really appealing.
And I for one, really express my desire for more translated chapters from this series...

But seeing the real lack of interest for this series due to the short amount of feedbacks in this thread...
It really has me saddened.

-cheers!
feedback?! this is BAKA TSUKI!

but yeah i love the manga and anything by the author of toradora so i support you on this to be translate more.

baka baka baka
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Well, its still only a teaser project, but for that it has already a page count of over 8150 or over 2750 for the chapter (some of the real projects havent such a high pagecount for a chapter) and did get 74 votes that it was good with a wish to see more - thats not a bad result for a mere teaser...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

Well, seeing that the teaser's been up since 2007, I'm inclined to think that it's not as popular as the impressive page count implies, and a few people probably went back to the page a couple of times too o_O
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

^^ Well, Sure, the other old teaser projects havent much more either (Dokoru-chan 8850, Iriya 16000 but it was for a while listed as a real project, Gakkou wo Deyou 9700, but its also a little older (even if it didnt had a real teaser (only since recently), but its from the same author as Haruhi), but it seems that there is in general not much interest for the teasers... (Even for Watshi I can understand this a little, since I also do not really like the setting and how the story will end... ;)) But the 2750 for the chapter is still something.

Darklor

yorzephyr
Astral Realm

Post by yorzephyr »

Well, I was hoping after reading the teaser that I would find a world of interest in Watashi - unfortunately, no. I think that this stems not just from lack of interest but a worry of enjoying something that will never be. I personally had avoided the teasers for quite some time. I didn't want to find something I really enjoyed only to be left out in the cold when no interest was generated. I hope for the continuation of Watashi and the fun enjoyable romantic comedy that it brings but I'm not holding my breath. Good luck and best wishes to all that enjoy this light novel. :wink:
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Well sometimes a teaser will become a full project... but without enough generated interest aka feedback it wont be as possible as with great feedback ;)

Darklor

thelastguardian
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by thelastguardian »

Read the manga. It is very well adapted, which is rare for lightnovel to manga adaptation.

That's why I see know reason to continue with the translation.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ why don't you post more Boss? Too busy translating and giving back the world great translated novels?

ps. can i ask your sister out? lol

baka baka baka
RonnieCorny
Senior Project Editor

Post by RonnieCorny »

i picked up the novels while i went on a buying frenzy recently... and doing a search here turned up the teaser translation... i kinda liked this and at least it's a complete series of only 2 books...

although i've not moved forward at all with the toradora spin-off 1... i am half-way thru volume 1 of this book and so far, it seems quite ok...

maybe this can be moved forward from teaser to project? but i dunno how popular this oldie can be, it's more for shoujo and so may not garner that much audience share...

- ron
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

RonnieCorny wrote:i picked up the novels while i went on a buying frenzy recently... and doing a search here turned up the teaser translation... i kinda liked this and at least it's a complete series of only 2 books...

although i've not moved forward at all with the toradora spin-off 1... i am half-way thru volume 1 of this book and so far, it seems quite ok...

maybe this can be moved forward from teaser to project? but i dunno how popular this oldie can be, it's more for shoujo and so may not garner that much audience share...

- ron
A project is a teaser if it is shorter than one chapter, or if the translator did it for fun, and has no intentions to continue. A project requires a translator that volunteers to take it up, and more than a chapter before it gets approved. And from what i heard, watashi tachi no tamura kun is a good novel, I would give it a try if i ever find it somewhere.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!

Return to “Teaser Feedback”