Watashi Tachi no Tamura kun

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find Watashi Tachi no Tamura kun?

It was good! Please do more!
90%
It was interesting.
6%
Not as good as I thought.
2%
Boring. Not touching it again.
1%

Total votes: 206

RonnieCorny
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Watashi Tachi no Tamura kun

Post by RonnieCorny »

ok... well, i've finished *reading* volume 1 and will be going onto vol2... i'll try to have a feel if it's *easier* to translate than the TD spin-off... if i think i can do better with this, i'll probably work on it and be able to say whether i can commit to it or not... since it is only 2 books...

what i can say is that *reading* is definitely different from translating... if you were in the same country as me, i can pass you my books once i'm done with them... although i'd probably want them back once the translation is completed... just to complete my collection... :D

- ron
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:A project is a teaser if it is shorter than one chapter, or if the translator did it for fun, and has no intentions to continue. A project requires a translator that volunteers to take it up, and more than a chapter before it gets approved. And from what i heard, watashi tachi no tamura kun is a good novel, I would give it a try if i ever find it somewhere.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

You could try it out while adding another part to the teaser ;) :mrgreen:

(Dont have to be much ;))
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
RonnieCorny
Senior Project Editor

Post by RonnieCorny »

i'll see what i can add after i've finished the 2nd book and start taking notes for translation...

we'll see what i can do... i mean, i've actually neglected the TD spin-off for so long already... my notes are now useless for me... :oops:

- ron
Darklor wrote:You could try it out while adding another part to the teaser ;) :mrgreen:

(Dont have to be much ;))
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Firstly, I would say I am indeed from Singapore, but I wouldn't wanna borrow it from you~

Give a man a fish, and he would eat a day, teach him how to fish, and he can eat for life.

Similarly, where did you get them? Rather, what language is it in? I can't read Japanese, sadly... I have to rely on Chinese...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
RonnieCorny
Senior Project Editor

Post by RonnieCorny »

haha... yeah, i know what you mean...

i bought them from kinokuniya... it's the japanese version... the only chinese versions i saw there were the manga, not the light novels...
i read the books on the bus to/from work... i carry a dictionary and basically read very very very very slowly... my only complain is that the words in the books are tiny, and the furiganas are even tinier...

on a side note, i saw some interesting older books recently at kino... they even have furigana for katakana!!!

- ron
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Firstly, I would say I am indeed from Singapore, but I wouldn't wanna borrow it from you~

Give a man a fish, and he would eat a day, teach him how to fish, and he can eat for life.

Similarly, where did you get them? Rather, what language is it in? I can't read Japanese, sadly... I have to rely on Chinese...
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Damn, I really am missing out too much because I can't read Japanese!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

holy sh*t why didn't i think of that. a dictionary. maybe i should tried that too.

baka baka baka
YorZephyr
Astral Realm

Post by YorZephyr »

It's nice to see there is some interest in continuing the translation of this cute romance (light) novel. I look forward to the next installment.
Many thanks and best of luck with the translation! :)
swy999
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Watashitachi no Tamura-kun

Post by swy999 »

It has only 2 volumes so it will be easy to translate and I heard that it is really cool, So please if you can translate it I would be grateful.
Hy there... How are you?
swy999
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by swy999 »

Hello...Is there any interest in translating this novel anymore ?
Hy there... How are you?
rpapo
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by rpapo »

I've got the book in my (unread) pile of Japanese stuff to process, but I have my hands full working on Golden Time and Toradora Spinoff 2. The other guys who did the Toradora series (Kinny Riddle, Dragonst, et al) seem to have burnt themselves out on Takemiya, though to be fair, they really put forth an effort there, getting all ten of those books translated. Towards the end, though, it seemed like they needed a fair amount of encouragement...

The interest is there. The time is not. At least for me.
swy999
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by swy999 »

Oh....ok. I hope that somebody will find the time to translate it soon. Anyway thanks for your work on toradora then ... I loved it.
Hy there... How are you?
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

swy999 wrote:Oh....ok. I hope that somebody will find the time to translate it soon. Anyway thanks for your work on toradora then ... I loved it.
have you read the manga verison? Is completed by the way. Or do you only wish to read it in light novel format?

baka baka baka
swy999
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by swy999 »

I've read the manga but the ending wasn't exactly satisfying so I want to read the novel to. And even if the ending is the same still the novel always has more details and it's better then any adaptation.
Hy there... How are you?
rpapo
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by rpapo »

Sounds like how I discovered B-T in the first place. I restarted my studies of the Japanese language in early 2008, which led me to anime and manga. Something I read led me to the Toradora anime. Liking that, I looked for and found the manga adaptations, which were and remain very incomplete. Then reading the public Wiki one day in the fall of 2009, I noticed that the story had originally been published as something called a Light Novel. Searching on that led me to B-T.

Whatever media you're talking about, the original form is usually the best, though there are some people out there who are really good at embellishing a movie into a book (and a lot of people who aren't so good at it :roll: )

Return to “Teaser Feedback”