Watashi Tachi no Tamura kun

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find Watashi Tachi no Tamura kun?

It was good! Please do more!
90%
It was interesting.
6%
Not as good as I thought.
2%
Boring. Not touching it again.
1%

Total votes: 206

swy999
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Watashi Tachi no Tamura kun

Post by swy999 »

rpapo wrote:Sounds like how I discovered B-T in the first place. I restarted my studies of the Japanese language in early 2008, which led me to anime and manga. Something I read led me to the Toradora anime. Liking that, I looked for and found the manga adaptations, which were and remain very incomplete. Then reading the public Wiki one day in the fall of 2009, I noticed that the story had originally been published as something called a Light Novel. Searching on that led me to B-T.

Whatever media you're talking about, the original form is usually the best, though there are some people out there who are really good at embellishing a movie into a book (and a lot of people who aren't so good at it :roll: )
:lol: Haha... Toradora was my introduction to light novels to. Although it wasn't my first anime after it I started getting into manga and anime really hard. And the came the ichigo 100% manga which made me realize that I am a romance fan ... i still like other genres but romance (shounen) will always come first. ( Sorry for spouting nonsense, you probably don't care but I just felt like saying it.)
Hy there... How are you?
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

well what I like shonen romance compare from shoujo romance is that shonen is as nearly over dramatic as shoujo is. I find so many things to be over reactive to such petite things. the down side with shonen though is that they like to beat around the bush alot either cause by circumstances or the main character indecisive-ness. I understand is a tease and desire for them to hook up but it can be very cliche at times.

baka baka baka
swy999
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by swy999 »

b0mb3r wrote:well what I like shonen romance compare from shoujo romance is that shonen is as nearly over dramatic as shoujo is. I find so many things to be over reactive to such petite things. the down side with shonen though is that they like to beat around the bush alot either cause by circumstances or the main character indecisive-ness. I understand is a tease and desire for them to hook up but it can be very cliche at times.
True. But there is the art too. If you noticed the art in shonen manga's is much better.
Hy there... How are you?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

swy999 wrote:
b0mb3r wrote:well what I like shonen romance compare from shoujo romance is that shonen is as nearly over dramatic as shoujo is. I find so many things to be over reactive to such petite things. the down side with shonen though is that they like to beat around the bush alot either cause by circumstances or the main character indecisive-ness. I understand is a tease and desire for them to hook up but it can be very cliche at times.
True. But there is the art too. If you noticed the art in shonen manga's is much better.
For a guy, that is. But it's true, I think that the shoujo mangas tend to make the eyes shiny and big, as well as the eyebrows. Kaichou wa Maid-sama is the only art I liked. (And this can even be considered for both genders)
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ As sickening many shoujo art to me, many won me over with stories:

Cat Street
Nana
Fruit Basket
Ouran Host Club
Wolf Club

baka baka baka
swy999
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by swy999 »

b0mb3r wrote:^ As sickening many shoujo art to me, many won me over with stories:

Cat Street
Nana
Fruit Basket
Ouran Host Club
Wolf Club
Thanks for the suggestions, although I don't really read shojo manga i'll give them a try
Hy there... How are you?
Qachiiz
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Qachiiz »

Anyone have the raw, please?
stellarroze
Senior Project Translator

Post by stellarroze »

Qachiiz wrote:Anyone have the raw, please?
Google it.
rpapo
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by rpapo »

I have the physical books, both of them.
deathmailrock
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by deathmailrock »

Arg, I wish someone would translate this series; it's short and complete so compared to most works, there shouldn't be much (I didn't say it wasn't a lot of work, just that it's less work than the bigger series since it's already complete & is short)
Favorite Anime characters include Erza Scarlet, Uzumaki Kushina, and Kousaka Kirino

Nee-chan and Milf type sexy red-heads are the best kinda anime women

I am a proud fanboy of Erza Scarlet and Uzumaki Kushina and Kousaka Kirino
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

I actually randomly translated the prologue for this. |D

I very nostalgically remember this manga, so... I couldn't help it. IDK if I'll continue translating this. I am looking to start a second project in January or February 2014, and this could be a candidate. We'll see. xD

EDIT:
I feel like I picked up a really sketchy fan translation when I did this....... |DDDDDD I skimmed to chapter two, and no one bothered to split the lines correctly... it was just this gigantic block of text....

Um, I found a better one though, now...
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
rpapo
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by rpapo »

Have fun. I have my hands full to overflowing, so the likelihood I was going to touch this anytime soon was essentially zero.
deathmailrock
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by deathmailrock »

cloud wrote:I actually randomly translated the prologue for this. |D

I very nostalgically remember this manga, so... I couldn't help it. IDK if I'll continue translating this. I am looking to start a second project in January or February 2014, and this could be a candidate. We'll see. xD

EDIT:
I feel like I picked up a really sketchy fan translation when I did this....... |DDDDDD I skimmed to chapter two, and no one bothered to split the lines correctly... it was just this gigantic block of text....

Um, I found a better one though, now...
Do it, this series is pretty short & would be complete, plus it's a great series; it'd be a waste not to have such a great duo

Also, can anyone find the shorts for this series? there should be about 3 or 4
Favorite Anime characters include Erza Scarlet, Uzumaki Kushina, and Kousaka Kirino

Nee-chan and Milf type sexy red-heads are the best kinda anime women

I am a proud fanboy of Erza Scarlet and Uzumaki Kushina and Kousaka Kirino
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

deathmailrock wrote: Do it, this series is pretty short & would be complete, plus it's a great series; it'd be a waste not to have such a great duo

Also, can anyone find the shorts for this series? there should be about 3 or 4
Even though each volume is like 3 chapters long, the overall length of the volume is about the same as any other light novel. xD Basically, the chapters are ridiculously long. There's only three chapters in the entire main storyline after all. You might as well call them parts.

If I tried translating it, it'd probably take me a year to finish those two volumes and the shorts. But I won't deny that I'm slightly interested. That being said, no promises. xD
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

I just wanted mention I decided to pick this project up.

The language is actually a little bit outside my comfort level, but I'll be trying my best. The Chinese used is rather old-fashioned and "literary" (at least in comparison to OreShura), so its certainly not the type of Chinese I'm used to hearing. Please take this as a disclaimer that I may not always know what I'm translating... but I'll try to tag things I'm not as sure about in the <!--comments-->.

Also, I wanted to give permission beforehand to all fellow translators/editors to edit my translations if you find something wrong. You don't need to inform me before you do it. Feel free to edit the page immediately. xD If anything, many of you are more experienced in the Japanese/Chinese language than I am. :D

Finally, a few guidelines that I wanted to settle upfront:
  • I will be translating into American English, because that's what I speak. The slang will be localized to what Americans are more familiar with. If something (slang-like) is awkward or doesn't make sense to you, please bring it up in the talk page.
  • Narration will be in past tense, as per the standard in English novels and literature. Thoughts and speech, of course, will be in present tense.
  • I don't have a reliable copy of this novel with images, so if you can place the images and arrange the line breaks more accurately than I can, that would be very much appreciated. :D
Last of all, thank you~! Everyone's support is what keeps me translating. xD I'll probably alternate between this project and OreShura as we get deeper into next year. I'll also be releasing by "parts", because these chapters are really long.......

Return to “Teaser Feedback”