The Longing of Shiina Ryo

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) posted?

Yes
96%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
1%
No (Please give a reason)
3%

Total votes: 75

Ryuno
Author
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: The Longing of Shiina Ryo

Post by Ryuno »

Why, thank you! The prologue for the second volume is up, so you might want to check that.
Ryuno
Author

Post by Ryuno »

First chapter of novel two is up, and it's pretty big.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

WE MISS YOU!

baka baka baka
Ryuno
Author

Post by Ryuno »

Missed you too.
Astral Realm

Post by 43477 »

Hey, I have just started reading your novel. Its very great. The monologue and some references to Haruhi like the time loop. That was great.
But it the surrounding theme is a little bit dull. I'm still referring this to chapter one so I may justify some things. Well, I use my imagination quite well in reading as to gauge how events happen and pretty much some are left blank. But its still great nonetheless. "Take that mysterious trouble voice!"
Ryuno
Author

Post by Ryuno »

I'm glad you're enjoying it, although I must say that time loop thing was actually a Higurashi no Naku Koro ni reference. The dull part of the story you saw was really there, and that was a mistake of mine: while that first chapter is an accurate portrait of how the protagonist sees the world I should have described in a way that didn't bore the reader while actually painting the scenario. In the most recent chapters I have tried to make up for all the blandness of the beginning, so chances are you will enjoy them more than the first ones.
Cabuws
Kyonist

Post by Cabuws »

Hi Ryuno! Glad I get the chance to tell you how I really feel about your light novel so far (first novel and side story). So far, I love it, all of it, it sort of reminds me of Bakemonogatari, which is not only a good thing but a GREAT thing! I love all the references you placed in there, and I love how Mr. Protagonist has a sort of voice in his head, the monologue he has with himself makes me laugh.The characters you have given the characters are very well thought out, and the story is fun and original, I cant wait till you finish all of vol.2, cause I wont read it until its all done, or else ill die from anticipation (no joke).
Thanks for giving us this wonderful gift of words!
Ryuno
Author

Post by Ryuno »

Hello, Cabuws! Thank you for your support, I'm glad you enjoyed the first volume and I hope you like the following ones better. While I think waiting for a story to be complete is a valid way of appreciating it as a in comparison to read periodically released chapters, for example, it saddens me to tell you this might not work that well here, thus compelling me to urge you not to do that. Right now I'm working on my band's single (which is a tad ironic, considering the theme of volume two) and to be your own producer is surely hard and time-consuming when you are expecting professional results with an indie/bedroom musician budget; either doom or glory await me, and boy are the odds against me.

Therefore I cannot promise you I'll be able to finish the novel soon (and my editor wants to kill me because of that), mostly because I believe that what an author promises he must put his life on line to deliver. The anticipation kills me too, little by little every day: I plan ahead quite a lot (perhaps too much) and it's hard not to be able to share details of the stories in my head with others without they coming across as rushed, abstract, blatantly crude concepts. Which they are, in fact: I could tell you how someone would die right now and it wouldn't have half the effect it would if I took 23 novels to let that character make mistakes, grow, suffer, smile and then go six feet under in a way people would care with a perfect one liner. If I knew I could, at this point and with my current set of skills, write a synopsis capable of showing the all depth a story deserves I know I would. But I can't, and because of my lack of experience the execution would suffer.

I blame the fact this story was not properly published on that flaw. While I am aware the story I wrote is not among the finest examples of modern literature and the target demographics is not the predominant one, I know that worst novels have been published with moderate to absurdly undeserved commercial success. It is my fault, and the only way I can make up for not being good enough is by becoming better. Of course, I don't have the intention of waiting until I'm 50 to release the next chapter, but I can't promise this novel will be done before the end of the year either. Not just because life is being harsh, but yeah.

My advice for you is "take what you can, as soon as you can". The first chapter of novel 2 is very long and must quench your thirst for a while, which is exactly why I released it instead of waiting for chapter two to be somewhere near completion. If it helps, waiting for Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika to end was so agonizing because of the broadcast issues it only made the last two episodes' valor increase.

I'll do my best to make it worth the wait.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

That's quite a lot you have to worry about, I'll go ahead and read the first chapter (I don't think I could have waited a month for the entire thing to be finished anyways). Don't worry, and take your time, if things get to stressing just take a break, tell your editor and whoever else is depending on you to deal with it. I'll always be looking forward to more from this story, and while it isn't the best, it is definitely better than a lot of novels I have read, and I read a lot.

P.S. Make sure to finish the thing before 2015, that's when WWIII starts, according to John Titor (hes a time traveler)
Ryuno
Author

Post by Ryuno »

Book almost done. Edited versions of Prologue and Chapter 1 are up, Chapter 2 is bound to be released next week. I finally remembered my forum password. The stress isn't gone, it escalated instead yet this is working. We'll make it happen.

http://thatguyfroma.wordpress.com/

It's so good to be back. I missed you guys.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Ryuno wrote: It's so good to be back. I missed you guys.
WE MISSED YOU TOO!!! :D
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Ryuno
Author

Post by Ryuno »

Kira0802 wrote:WE MISSED YOU TOO!!! :D
Thoroughly glad the feeling was mutual.

I'm also happy to announce that on January 29, 2012 the book was completed. My editor would probably kill me if I released the unedited chapters but the releases are supposed to be weekly. Wordcount is 71.240, considerably more than the first. Novel 3 won't be written right away but I am working on its outline.

Exhausted still. Swear to do a better report as soon as I'm recovered. Hope you guys enjoy it, it was hard work.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ Quick question but may sound dumb. Are you publishing through american publishing company or some asian one? Just curious if I'll ever see this stateside.

baka baka baka
Ryuno
Author

Post by Ryuno »

b0mb3r wrote:^ Quick question but may sound dumb. Are you publishing through american publishing company or some asian one? Just curious if I'll ever see this stateside.
No question is ever dumb: to ask and wonder is what allows the species to move forward. That said, as of now I still don't have a "proper" publisher so this volume too will be out legally on the internet for free download/online reading on both Baka-Tsuki and MeNaSe Publications (my editor's blog).

Edit: Chapter 2 is up!
Ryuno
Author

Post by Ryuno »

Novel 2 is complete. Enjoy!

Return to “Creative works”