「Original Light Novel」 DiuNatus

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Zetsubou sama
Astral Realm

「Original Light Novel」 DiuNatus

Post by Zetsubou sama »

Alternate Spellings:Diuina Natiuitas, Children of the Divine, Kami no norowareta kodomo

Genre: Action, Supernatural, Comedy, Romance, Psychological

Summary
Meet Gin Kokami, a sleepy eyed young man in his second year of high school who just so happens to live with his childhood friend Yuko Kanamori and her older sister Haruki 'Haru' Kanamori on the island nation between Japan and the United States. It is here on this island nation that their is a tablet which contains a scripture of a two entities; One that is the embodiment of death and anguish. The second is one that opposes it. Though many debate the actual existence of the two and it's talk of the end of the world is getting popular, to the majority it's nothing more than something for the occultist to make noise about, kids to make stories with and something to start idle conversations with. But for Gin and all who are attached to him by fate will have to either show destiny that it can be beaten or be consumed by it.

Author's note: This is my first time writing a light novel, so please read, enjoy and comment. Every chapter will conclude with an explanation of certain terms as well as references.
Spoiler! :
Prologue: A Message for My Love, The Scripture of Armageddon

The world changes faster than humans are able to calculate.

Though they strive to make algorithms to solve the complexities of the universe they have yet to scratch the surface of knowledge and understanding.

Now what if man were to obtain power from deities of legend and each conflict resulted in a change in how the world viewed order.

Would man prosper…

Or would they be subjugated to the tyranny of the strange power?

Within the world there are people capable of tapping into the power of Gods, Jashin, Heroes and Demons of yore.

These humans are known as,

Diuina Natiuitas or DiuNatas, Children of the divine.

And while only a few know of the existence of DiuNatas, there are many in the world who know of the prophecy, that at the present is used more for religious propaganda, occult fanatics and tests of courage. Seemingly its value has fallen down to just an urban legend. Yet there are those who know the truth of these words that man has seem to renounce to nothing more than a tale to make children go to bed.

Its words read,

“It will slumber upon its throne, awaiting the day the world has reached the end of its time.

The time of the world’s demise will be known by all, for when it opens its eyes, the true form of the world shall return as the thirteenth hour shall be reawakened after being lost in the confines of darkness.

Once It gets off its throne, those of the mortal plane shall know the true essence of fear and despair, for It has only one objective.

Destroy all things in the world…

Kill all things in the world…

Erase all things in the world…

Slaughter…

Slaughter…

Slaughter…

For when It appears, all are destined to perish before it, but during its reign of destruction, another shall awaken.

This being will hold the same destructive power as It, and the two will met for their destiny is the same,

Whomever devourers the other creates the world.”

Man has yet to find It or the other being said to possess the power to fight It, but just because It has eluded man does not mean they don’t exist.

Now my Beloved, the gears of fate have begun to spin, shall we build a new world together or shall we perish like an insignificant speck of light against the vast darkness of the cosmos.
Spoiler! :
Chapter One: Eternity Can't stop the Gears from Moving

Explosions.

The sounds of pain and anguish filling the air.

Corpses laying all about.

All while a figure stands before me.

Inviting me.

Clearly this entity is the cause of the death and destruction before me.

And yet…

And yet…

I feel at peace.

This figure before me who could only be a devil, stands before me and it feels completely natural to take its hand.

As I reached towards the figure, I feel us growing closer.

Closer.

Closer.

Now the figure and I are about to touch. What can come of having a relationship with this entity is beyond me, but I’ll question it sometime in the future but for now…

For now…

“♪SHIZU~KA NI. DEGUCHI NI~ TATTE♪”[1]

As I opened my eyes, in front of me was not the figure beckoning me, but instead a white ceiling.

Forcing my sluggish body to sit up I reached towards my phone, which I had set as my alarm clock to cut off the ringtone I yawned for the phone read 6:45.

Looking at the time, I fell back for I knew I would be the sort to want to sleep more so I set my alarm to go off every fifteen minutes after the first alarm, which meant I had fifteen more minutes to go… or that what would have been the case but in my head I had already began to count down in my head.

3…

2…

1…

“WAKE UP!”

Yelled a female voice after forcibly opening the door leading to my room.

“You know, that door could call rape from being forced into opening.”

I spoke without opening my eyes.

“If you got time to sleep talk, you have time to get up, no?”

The female spoke with a sense of superiority.

“No, I don’t.”

“Then…”

“Then?”

I spoke unaware of what the owner of the voice had in mind, but I would surely know soon enough for the morning air swiftly met my body and interrupted the warmth from the cover of my blankets as they were forcibly removed from me.

“So that’s your approach, eh?

I spoke, opening my eyes to see the woman in front of me. She wore the school uniform that was assigned to females, a sailor uniform which consisted of a white top and black skirt, her hair reached her back and was a lavish silky black. Her eyes were very vexing for they were a strange gray like color that at times seemed to carry a gleam to them.

“So now what are you going to do, Gin?

Though I was asked, even I know when to admit defeat.

“Fine, I’m up.”

I spoke, reassuring the female in front of me, for this person is something of a childhood friend, well circumstances have it so that we’d become childhood friends.

This harsh woman who also happens to be my childhood friend who denies me of sleep is Yuko Kanamori. After an incident many years ago upon which my parents died, her parents adopted me into their family, though it was a surprise that they wanted to adopt me, seeing as I had only met Yuko maybe two times before the incident and I couldn’t think of a reason that they would want me, but then again they could have been really good friends to my parents and since there wasn’t any legal problems I guess I should be counted as lucky to have not ended up in an orphanage or with some relatives who detested that they had to take care of a brat like me.

“Though are you sure you want to be here right now?”

I asked, my eyes wishing that they could close and return me to the land of dreams.

“Hmm?”

Yuko hummed as confusion arose on her face.

“Well you’re in a room in which a young male resides in, what’s to stop me from turning into a beast and pinning you to the floor as I had my way with your succulent body.”

I asked, though of course I wouldn’t dare do that, though her breast and figure were definitely above average and she would be one of the girls voted to be the
'Top 5 girls I wish to date' category at school, but Yuko was the type of person who loved to tease, well tease me to be precise.

“Oh, so you want a taste of me so early in the morning! It seems my little Gin has grown into such a daring man!”

Yuko spoke as she walked towards me, throwing my blanket of the floor, as she started tugging at her skirt.

“So is Gin going to show me how much of a man he is this morning, or do I need to awaken more of your, carnal senses.”

Yuko continued to speak, having walked in front of me and though I knew that overall this was my fault, my body refused to put up any fight. Maybe it was just my personality being in conflict with my line of reasoning and logic.

“You shouldn’t tease.”

“Who said I was.”

“But we can’t do this.”

“Why not, my parents like you and if we said that we were in love with sights on marriage then they would be more the happy to… change that you’re already part of the family so it would be just like every other day.”

“But…but…”

I started to stammer as my eyes zoned towards the door. Seeing as it wouldn’t be hard to get someone’s attention if I called out, but before I could open my mouth to voice a plea for help, Yuko placed her finger to my lips.

“Don’t think Nee-san will come to your rescue. She’s currently in the kitchen…downstairs…with the television on. So at this moment you’re all M.I.N.E!”

As Yuko made her way ever closer to me, I felt that I couldn’t hold back even if I wanted to, that was until I heard~

“So-who’s exactly M.I.N.E”

Spoke a voice from the door entering my room.

The owner of the voice was slightly taller than Yuko but shared a lot of her details, except that her hair was only shoulder length though still black and she wore glasses giving off the mature sexy aura, as well as her breast being a tier bigger then Yuko’s, in essences sake she gave off the feeling of the hot mom next door.

“Haru-nee-”

Cringed Yuko at the appearance of the woman called Haru.

“Haru-nee, this isn’t what it looks like-”

I tried to explain for this woman Haruki Kananori or Haru for short, is Yuko’s older sister being nineteen years old at the present, making her three years older than
Yuko and two years to me. She was taking her college classes only this semester and since her college wasn’t that far off she didn’t need to stay at an apartment or dormitory near the school.

"It’s okay Gin-kun. I know my sister can’t control her hormones and is in constant heat when you’re around.”

Haru spoke, less like that of a parent and more along the lines of a dog owner who was trying to apologize for the dog humping someone’s leg.

“Now, now Yuko, breakfast will be ready soon, leave Gin to get dressed”

Haru spoke as she had walked up to her imouto and grabbed her collar, dragging Yuko out of my room, causing Yuko to throw a tantrum.

“Curse you Haru-nee! Always getting in my and Gin’s way! And why do you always side with him anyways, it’s just like that time when he said he could see words above people! And what do you mean by constant heat!”

As I laughed at Yuko’s tantrum, she did say something that was fact, even if people didn’t believe me, for I can see words above people…well it’s not like everyone I see is a visual novel or the sort, but when people lie, their words become visible to me and from there I can normally find out a truth they’re hiding.

Though I state I can see lies there are a few faults with it, but now isn’t the time to go into detail for it’s time to get dressed before Haru’s home cooked food gets cold.

O
O
O

As I finished getting dressed, I looked at the figure that was me in the mirror. Gin Kokami, age seventeen, second year in high school, height 6 foot even, most distinct features sleepy looking eyes. As I continued fiddling in the mirror, I couldn’t help but notice that my hair that was black and spiky compared to last
night had grown, thus giving me the appearance of a shounen protagonist, but I dismissed this as I looked into my eyes that kept the expression as if everything
were bothersome, these dame eyes that for some reason despite being black gave off an golden tint, but before I could investigate more into this weird tint my
7:00 alarm went off.

“Gawd, if I don’t hurry, I‘ll have to eat cold food.”

I spoke to myself as I rushed downstairs where Yuko and Haru were awaiting me before eating.

“You know you could have started without me.”

“But we can’t start unless all the family is here.”

“Well then..”

I spoke as I pulled out the chair I had sat in for years as we began to eat, Rice, eggs, miso and ham, it seemed like Haru had something big planned and I had to ask.

“So what’s with the spread, you got a big date today”

I asked, though this wasn’t any different from any of the breakfast that Haru had usually prepared, I just thought that I would start with a little small talk.

“Well today will be the first day of my job.”

“But aren’t you still in school?”

“Yes, but it goes to my credit so a little extra money wouldn’t hurt.”

“Oh, well that makes sense, so what are you going to be doing?”

“I will be a nurse’s assistant at the nearby high school.”

“That’s nice.”

I spoke as I thought about all the nearby high schools but the only that came to mind was Genshin Nataketsu Academy.

“HUH!?”

Both Yuko and I blurted, for we were both second year students of Genshin Nataketsu Academy or Gen-ketsu High school division.

“Haru-nee, why didn’t you tell us about this?”

Asked Yuko, apparently I wasn’t the only one left out of the loop.

“Well it was a little short notice but my professor asked me seeing as he is close friends with the chairman and with one of the nurses retiring they were going to be a little understaffed, so he asked if I would like the position of assistant and I accepted.”

Though it made sense to me, Yuko wasn’t too satisfied with this answer.

“But Haru-nee, what’s your true motive for this. I bet it’s so you can prevent me from having a rose-colored youth with Gin.”

“When did I become a part of your ‘rose-colored’ youth.”

“Hush Gin.”

Well apparently my straight man act isn’t needed here.

“You’re right Yuko. If you must know, someone has to make sure you don’t sink you fangs into Gin.”

Haru chuckled, most to the displeasure of Yuko as the program on the television began to get heated.

“…And the world has already begun its march to Armageddon. We can tell-“

“Tell! And how exactly can you tell! Unless you’re this It entity then everything you’re spouting is pure fantasy!”

“Fantasy! YOU DARE CALL THE WORD OF GOD A MERE FANTASY! MAY THE DAY OF RECKONING BE UPON YOU!”

“So, it appears that this apocalypse is still the rage.”

I joked after hearing some of this debate.

“Yup, all sorts of cults have been popping up, it’s even a popular subject in the occult club in school. Say Gin, do you believe in all this?”

“Well that would depend”

“Depend? Depend on what?”

“I guess I don’t really want to dismiss the thought.”

I spoke, though it was a vague response it was my answer to many things regarding religions, myths and the occult.

“You’re saying that because of that reoccurring dream, right Gin-kun?”

Haru-nee could always see what was troubling me.

“You mean Gin’s dream of being invited by some shadowy figure. Say, maybe your dream and your so called word power are connected to the It creature.”

Yuko spoke with enough sarcasm to confuse all the elderly within a two mile radius

“Yeah! And The Ghost of Christmas past is connected to the It creature too.”

I joked to match Yuko’s sarcasm but for some reason I felt that she wasn’t entirely joking, for you see this is one of the flaws I mentioned, there are some people who can lie to me and I can’t tell if they’re lying, generally those close to me, case in point Haru-nee and Yuko.

“Well then, all jokes aside, shouldn’t you both be getting ready to leave for school?”

“Gah, you’re right! Yuko, come on let’s go before we’re late! Haru-nee, are you going to be coming along-“

“Forget about her, you already have one rose on at your side!”

Yuko spoke cutting me off.

“You two go on ahead, I have some last minute things to take of.”

And with that Yuko forced me to leave the house at a pace much faster then what I was already going.

O
O
O

As Yuko and I neared the gate that was the entrance to Gen-ketsu Academy, I decided to speak.

“So what do you think of the new Stu-Co president?”

I asked, only on the grounds that we both knew who it was, well I should say Yuko knew this person a lot more than I did, but this was just small talk.

“Well Karin, the last time we talked said she was getting adjusted to the position, though I hope she’s not over-working herself.”

“Well the circumstances for the previous president was queer to say the least. Her parents suddenly having to transfer, making the VP take over and now she’s stuck with both jobs. Man that sucks, it makes a guy really want to help her to ease her troubles.”

“I’m glad you think so.”

“Why so?”

“It’s a surprise.”

“So, what you’re saying is that you won’t tell me, that is unless I offer something to you, right. You truly are a devil of a woman,”

“Yup! Maybe there is something to your whole word power after all."

“Well then I’ll just wait and see what happens.”

“I knew you would.”

And just like that Yuko began to run a little ahead.

“Hey! Where are you-“

I tried to speak before-

“Yo! N Ko-kami-yan!”

A voice called out from behind me speaking in a masculine voice yet feminine manner that sent shivers down my spine, causing me to lose focus of Yuko.

“Don’t talk like that, or I’ll punch you in the face!”

I spoke as I darted my fist in the direction I heard the voice, stopping my fist just inches from making contact.

“Aren’t you just so full of energy this morning!? Let me guess, Yuko got you in the palm of her hands or were you fraternizing with the older sister?”

“More of the first rather the latter.”

I answered, in a tone that was more run of the mill than normal.

“So what’s the errand today?”

“I’m probably going to be helping the Stu-Co until a vice president can replace the vacant spot.”

“So you’re going to be on the council along with me, score!”

“That’s right, you’re on the council too. Do a better job so that your president doesn’t suffer, or I as a matter of fact.”

I spoke. For those who don’t know this person, let me introduce him for he would be something akin to my best-friend, his name, Daigo Hikozawa, height; 5-10, hair color; hazel brown, worn in a ponytail, ethnicity; American-Japanese, build; slightly above-average, eye color; some greenish-blue color Occupation; 2nd year student, student council secretary.

“It’s not that we aren’t trying to help but she doesn’t want to put any of the stress on us, no matter how much we plead, as a matter of fact I don’t even know how you were even accepted to temp.”

“Ask Yuko.”

“Never mind. Seems you’re stuck.”

“My point exactly.”

“It’s tough being you.”

“Would you like to switch lives?”

“Nah, I’m good”

Okay, the reason we’re talking like two oldies discussing how much medicine we have to take in order to live that day is because Yuko would be something called a singularity. Yup, she’s good with academics as well as sports, and with her sense of judgment and looks, she is technically more powerful than the president and she’d probably give the chairman a run for her money if push came to shove. When I first noticed this, I was going to ask her why she didn’t go for president or be the star of a club, but two thought entered my mind that prevented me from asking. The first;

What if, she told me that becoming the president would require her to give up to much power! I mean she did have a fan club that mysteriously vanished like overnight and its size consisted of two-thirds our school and about a third of some of the schools nearby, ranging from admiring daycare kids to tech schools.

The second was;

If she became president she could force me into many things and my high school life would be getting sexually harassed every day or worse made her personal slave. Though the latter wouldn’t phase many of the males and some of the females of this school, but I remember once and only once, that she had dropped a note she wanted to put in her journal and on there was enough descriptive words to have me make sure to lock my room door and not fall asleep until I was absolutely positive that I was at school the next day, surrounded my many people, near a window for quick escape.

“So did you happen to read the latest chapter from that one manga?’

“Yeah! I can’t believe her blade’s ability was so over-powered!”

I spoke excitedly, seeing as one reason Daigo and I were such good friends was because he was an otaku and he didn’t care who knew, though despite that he can keep up conversations about pretty much anything. And he would normally recommend some manga and we would discuss some of the latest chapters whenever we met.

“Yeah and now her brother’s going to get in the mix!”

“I can’t wait to see how his training pays off.”

I spoke, before I heard a voice ahead of us slightly yell.

“YOU BETTER NOT DO ANYTHING TO KARIN! IF YOU DO WE’RE COMMITTING A LOVER’S SUICIDE[2]!”

Yuko spoke before heading off into the gate, causing some of the students to laugh and giggle at my embarrassment.

“Talk about #FML.”

I spoke, knowing that I wasn’t going to live this down.

“Your wife has you so whipped.”

Daigo spoke before laughing.

“My wife!”

“Yeah, you guys are an officially recognized couple.”

“Officially recognized by who?”

I asked Daigo as he began counting on his hands.

“One, two, three, everyone.”

“Everyone.”

I replied nonchalantly.

“Everyone. Though it could just be that everyone thinks she’s just playing to keep the other guys from asking her out.”

“Well so long as no one thinks that it’s true.”

“It’s not?”

“Well, you’re free to think what you want.”

“Thanks Mr. Husband. But on that note, who made your lunch today?”

“Way to jump off subject, but Haru-nee.”

“REALLY!? Um, well, you see, I left my lunch at home and I was wondering…”

It was at this moment the words “I left my lunch at home” became visible to me. This was that ability that only Haru-nee believes that I have. For when someone lies I instantly now it, even if I don’t want to know that it’s a lie.

“Ok, now tell me the truth.”

“I just want to taste the cooking of a hot onee-san once in my life, and how do you always know when I’m playing you?”

“Consider it a gift, but I thought your sister was rather cute and doesn’t she make your lunch?”

“Tch! You only have that impression of her because she dresses up when I tell her I’m bringing a friend over, it’s like she’s trying to impress younger guys...”

Though I laughed at Daigo’s lament, I felt like he wanted to add something else to the story but instead I let it slide, for we had to get to class before the bell rang.

O
O
O

With a yawn and a stretch, I greeted the lunch period as the other students began bussing their sears together and began pulling out their bento. It was during this poor excuse of an observation that a desk ended up becoming adjacent to mine.

“Class was really boring, huh?”

Spoke a female voice coming from the desk that was just pushed next to mine.

“The only classes that aren’t boring are the classes that either give you food or let you get on the net.”

I spoke as I looked towards the person. Though that wasn’t how I really felt about my classes, it just seemed more fitting the archetype to say that.

Now the person I was talking to was a female of the same grade and class named, Natsume Itou. Her hair length was rather average, the color was a light shade of gray, sadly that was her one redeemable characteristic, for her bust was rather average, face, err, slightly above average I guess, academics and sports- average, eye color black. Like I said aside from her hair color, she’s pretty much run of the mill.

“Hey! I get the feeling you’re thinking bad thoughts about me!”

“Perish the thought, you know I like you just the way you are.”

“Ah…”

Natsume spoke as her face began to turn red.

“So a genius girl and her older sister wasn’t enough for you, huh? Just how wide is you strike zone?”

Spoke the voice of my best friend from behind me.

“Shut up Daigo!”

I retorted, sadly this had been a ritual for the three of us ever since Natsume became a part of our group in the last year in middle school, well that was so long as
Daigo hadn’t been the first to meet up.

“So, Gin, where’s the Ohime-sama or her manservant?”

“How am I supposed to know?”

“Well aren’t you the master of the house?”

“I’m not.”

“You sure?”

“Daigo’s right, you do seem like the master of the household when it comes to those two.”

“Not you too.”

“Let’s face it, you’re just the center of our group, the protagonist to our story, the crust to our pizza.”

“Ok, the last part was a little off, but if you want to be the protagonist, I‘ll gladly switch with you.”

“Naw, it was a part you were born to play, right Natsume.”

“No one else can play it better then you.”

And with a sigh, I just let the conversation die down from there as I pulled out my lunch and began eating as Daigo and Natsume did the same, only they were both swapping things from their bento with things from mine, though I did say Daigo could have some, I didn’t say Natsume could, but this too was a ritual, and it was always fun to taste different foods will eating the food you had gotten accustomed to. It’s like they say, “if variety is the spice of life then repetition is the starch.”

But before I get too far, you must be wondering about the earlier part of our conversation regarding the Ohime and her manservant. Well long story short, they’re twins, yet despite this the sister acts like a princess and the brother acts much like a butler, the reason for this is due to being the chairman’s children or something along those lines, I’ll go over the long story some other time.

As we continued eating our lunch and joking around the P.A, system chimed in.

“Will second year Gin Kokami please report to the student council room. Will second year Gin Kokami please report to the student council room. That is all.”

As soon as my name was called, everyone looked in wonderment as I got from my seat and headed to the Student council room, I was pretty sure they minds were already starting to fantasize as to what reason the Stu-co wanted me, well I’ll eventually catch word of it eventually.

O
O
O

As I reached the Student council’s room, I knocked three times before opening the door. As the door opened, before me were desk arranged in a form that gave off the feeling a council would, having two desk to the right, two desk to the left and one desk in the middle, making the pentagon shape, though despite their being five desk, on two people were present in the room.

“Ah, Kokami-san, thanks for coming post-haste.”

Spoke the female, whom I’ve only encountered at the student council introduction and barely seen doing uniform inspections.

“I came as soon as I heard the announcement Treasurer Kigari-san.”

Asuka Kigari,, second year student, treasurer of the student council. Appearance wise, she was slightly shorter than Yuko, so maybe 5’6 or 5’7, her hair was short and dark brown and from what I hear she excels in academics, so she was ideal for the position of Treasurer, maybe a little too ideal. Her eyes through her glasses which usually kept a glare were cut like that of a cat, giving her a stern expression and her frank way of speaking made it real tough for clubs looking for extra funds, or at least that what some of the rumors stated.

“President, Kanamori san’s recommendation has arrived”

As Asuka spoke to the other person in question, I could see she was swamped by worked, I guess from having to work both the president and vice-president position.

“Ah, thank you for coming, sorry it seems I’m a little swamped”

The girl spoke before giving an embarrassed laugh.

“No problem at all, Yuko told me she had something planned pairing us together, besides I’m probably going to be doing mostly grunt work anyways.”

I spoke, seeing as a person with no detailed understanding of how the student council works couldn’t possibly just come in and take over one of the positions like it was their birthright or something.

“Sorry, but though you will start off doing grunt work, you will be acting as our temporary Vice-president. Don’t worry you’ll get adjusted to it.”

“Those aren’t words of reassurance.”

“True. Oh and before I forget, Yuko told me to give you this, seeing as she says this will keep you motivated.”

Karin spoke as her face turned red for some reason. Karin Iris, President of the Student Council, academics above-average, sports slightly above-average, height 5’2, eyes dark blue with long blonde hair. Despite her appearance, she doesn’t act like the Ohime that I know, on the contrary she is rather docile and understanding, as well as outgoing and friendly.

As I looked towards what the president was holding out, I immediately understood the reason for her face turning red.

“Maybe you shouldn’t believe everything Yuko tells you.”

“So, you’re not into this?”

“No.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“Then… then…then can I have it?”

“Eh!?”

“I mean, a stress ball is ideal for this type of work.”

“I don’t think that’s a stress ball.”

“It’s not?”

“No, it’s a stress ball.”

Asuka butted in.

“No, it’s clearly-“

But before I could finish speaking and identifying the object in question, Asuka nudged me in the side.

“The president is much more innocent then one would think.”

“That so.”

And with a nod, we turned our attention to the president.

“Though I can handle this much work by myself, Yuko kept telling me that I should think of having you fill in the spot for VP until we have a replacement. On second thought, if you don’t want to, you are free to refuse, it’s not like I’m overhead with work and surely you have your own things to do, and as I stated it’s only grunt work, so I can probably do it.”

As Karin spoke, I instantly understood what I had to do, I mean I got a free pass, I could just refuse and be on my merry way.

“Alright then, I’ll accept you offer.”

“Then thanks for stopping by and I’m sorry for the inconvenience.”

“…”

“So what does this grunt do first?”

I spoke much to the surprise of both the Karin and Asuka.

“But, but, but you accepted my offer of refusal.”

“…”

“No, I accepted the proposal of being the temp VP.”

“But why?”

But before I could answer, Asuka butted in.

“It would seem that Kokami-san er Gin has agreed for the position, so let him do as he pleases.”

“Whoa, already on a first name basis.”

“I see you in a better light.”

“Well so long as you don’t see me as a good person.”

“I’ll see you as whatever the situation dictates, but at the moment for you to take up the position, I would say that you’ve obtained some good karma. Even though you have the eyes of a slacker.”

“Harsh words to boast those glaring eyes.”

“Ano, what are you two talking about?”

“Nothing that needs your immediate concern, but before that, don’t you have some forms that need to be delivered by the new VP.”

“Ah, yes, here. Please deliver them to the infirmary and return as soon as possible.”

“Will do.”

I spoke before accepting the folder and heading towards the courtyard, seeing as it was something of a shortcut to the infirmary and no student could eat there.
O
O
O

As I reached the infirmary and opened the door, the scene that graced me couldn’t have been put together more than if it were presented from something from a period of enlightenment. For I was greeted by a bespeckled beauty with shoulder length black hair downed in the white coat that the physician normally wore.

“Ah, Gin-kun, so you’re my first patient.”

“Not quite, I’m just here to deliver this, Haru-nee.”

“Oh, these forms, well the head nurse is out so I’ll hold those until she gets back. But aren’t these supposed to be handled by the student-council?”

“True, but at the moment, I’m something of their lackey.”

And with a laugh Haru took the forms and placed them on the desk.

“Now then Lackey-san, shouldn’t you be returning to your boss.”

“Yup, for tis all a lackey good for.”

As I headed out the nurses room Haru spoke before I closed the door.

“Make sure to stay in good health and don’t think to hard.”

Well it was something you could expect from a health physician minus the thinking part, though that could just be her way of telling me how to react to Yuko. So I simply brushed it off as I headed towards the courtyard.

O
O
O

As I entered the courtyard I was hit by a blinding light that was so strong that I couldn’t do anything but use my hands to block the light. Surely the sunlight couldn’t have been that strong and I wasn’t in the infirmary that long for my eyes to need to get reallocated with sunlight, but after a moment the light dulled and I was able to open my eyes.

As my eyes opened, the scenery that unfolded was a bit much for the courtyard for everything around me seemed so unnatural, the trees, the flowers, the insects, none of it seemed natural and what more, the building that surrounded the courtyard was replaced with old barren walls, seeming almost ancient.

As I took a few steps, a person caught my attention, though I couldn’t tell if the person was male or female due to only being able to see their long hair and they seemed to be wearing some sort of costume, so I’m guessing someone from the theatre club probably, but none the less I called out to the person.

“Hey, um you’re with the theatre group, right? So is this all some prop or something, if so you guys went all out! It doesn’t even look like the courtyard anymore.”

I spoke, but I didn’t get the response I was looking for.

“Seems as if an unsightly beast has tainted my domain.”

“Eh?”

“For such a creature to just invade upon a land that’s as beautiful as myself is a terrible, terrible offense!”

“You’re not making much sense.”

I spoke, but it did nothing to faze him as he continued speaking as if he were reading from a novel of sorts.

“If my world is to stay beautiful, I must get rid of the impurities!”

“Oh, I get it, you’re rehears-“

But before I could finish my sentence, something came darting towards the side of my face at an unimaginable speed before getting embedded into the wall behind me.

“Trash, shouldn’t be allowed to utter a single word in the presence of true beauty!”

As I took a look at the person speaking, I finally took notice of their appearance.

The person was indeed a man, and a pretty one at that, completely more than capable of cross-dressing and pulling it off. His hair was a long and light brown almost hazel color. He was adorned in a large brilliant red like veil that barely covered some type of armor, well what little the veil allowed to be seen made me think it were armor, but before I could move an inch, I felt a stinging sensation on my check, as well as something warm flow down.
As I put my hand to my check and lightly touched the area that was stinging, I noticed that some red liquid was on my hand.

“Blood?”

I thought to myself as I slightly turned to where the something darted behind me, much to my surprise, it was indeed some sort of object capable of slicing but it was too long to be a knife and too thin a dagger and had a floral-like patterned handle, but I didn’t have time to try and figure out what it was and I didn’t want to turn my attention away for someone this dangerous for too long.

As I turned my attention back to the man who nearly killed me, I tried to think of a way to escape. The first thought to come across my mind was the best, seeing as I didn’t have the luxury to think of many other plans, and calling for help could result in other people getting hurt and the fact that through my quick observation there was no one around, no other soul but mine and this psychotic man, which made it almost useless for me to try.

So I thought to try and grab the bladed weapon he threw, this way I, at the least, had some form of weapon to defend myself with. But out of nowhere, around the man, there were multiple identical blades floating, one of them had something that I could assume was fresh blood on them.

So to reassure that my eyes weren’t deceiving me, I slightly rubbed them all the while making sure to pay attention to the man, but alas my eyes weren’t deceiving me and during my realization, I cut my eyes back to the blade that was thrown earlier, only for it to no longer be there.

“How is that possible?”

I spoke, seeing as blades shouldn’t, no that’s not right, they downright can’t float in the air, and if the blade that had the blood on it was indeed the one that was behind me, then…then…

“This shit doesn’t make sense!”

I blurted out, which seemed to amuse the man.

“It would seem you have no understanding as to what is happening, so I shall tell you two things. First, everything is attracted to my beauty, no matter how far it goes my beauty will bring it back.”

“The second thing is that I’m going to let you go.”

Really, well with my eyes, none of what he said was a lie, so with that I took a step with my right foot and my eyes slightly turned in the direction my foot was going, trying to get out of here as soon as possible before he changed his mind, but as I took a step, I heard the man speak.

“That was a beautiful lie.”

And as soon as he spoke three of the man’s knife like daggers darted towards me, causing my fight or flight senses to completely overwrite my body, causing me to jump to the right, dodging the blades.

“What the hell eyes, why didn’t you catch him lying?”

I thought, even though I knew questioning my eyes wasn’t going to get me nowhere. But the one I knew was that if I stayed in this location I was surely going to die.

So I ran. I ran and ran, noticing the blades that were launched towards me were returning to their caster, just as the man said.

“Don’t run, it’s so unsightly when a filthy beast tries to escapes.”

Though the man was taunting me, he clearly had the upper hand and he didn’t even have to move to kill me, but even so I ran. That was until a blade darted and stopped right in front of where my neck was, causing me to try to stop myself before I gauged the blade into my neck, causing me to lose footing and fall, slightly nicking my neck.

Though I had escape imminent death, I only prolong my time for just a few seconds, for as I looked up, five blades were rushing towards me and I didn’t have the reaction time to get up.

“Yup, I dead. Nothing I can do about it now”

I thought to myself, though I was sure that during this point in time, my life should have been flashing before my eyes, but the only this I could remember was what Haru-nee said.

“Seems I can’t even keep healthy, well for some reason, I’m at peace, so I guess it’s alright.”

Just as the blades were reaching me, something or someone flashed in front of me knocking the blades away.

“How dare you touch my precious blades!?”

Spoke the man, his voice trembling with hate and disdain.

“Forever the crybaby, eh Narcissus.”

Spoke the voice of the person who saved me. Her voice was too familiar for me to forget.

“Yuko!? What the hell are you doing here!? Get out of here while you can!?”

I spoke, though I guess she would know the situation wasn’t pleasing to the eyes, but then again she did save my life.

“Oh, it’s just a cute girl, well I guess my powers of attraction are too good for their own good”

“Ew, this guy’s speech is just a little too much for me to bear.”

I thought as I watched the man Yuko had called Narcissus.

“But you are nothing more than a simple maiden, as I am simply beauty personified, so stand aside, so as I can sleigh that foul beast.”

As Narcissus spoke, an aura appeared around him. Unlike the blinding sensation from when I entered the courtyard, this aura gave off a pinkish shade, though I don’t know what it was for or what it did, but my stomach began to churn.

“Oh, so this is the Goi̱tef̱tikí̱ áv̱ra[3] that Narcissus can produce.”

“Yes and with my Goi̱tef̱tikí̱ áv̱ra, you will obey my every word. Now move.”

“…”

“…”

”…”

“Woman why have you not done as instructed!? You are under Goi̱tef̱tikí̱ áv̱ra radiant light, no woman can resist it!”

As Narcissus began to question why Yuko hadn’t moved, I began to wonder what these two were talking about, but first and foremost how was I able to understand the strange phrase they were speaking. Though it was more like something in my mind was translating what they were saying and Narcissus was complaining about a ‘Charming aura’ or something of the sort, though getting us both out of there was my first priority.

“Oh, no matter what you do, I will never fall for you cheap trick.”

Listening to Yuko antagonize Narcissus had me worry whether or not she was sane

“Cheap trick?”

Narcissus spoke before laughing.

“Well then, die along with the trash!”

As Narcissus spoke, he sent an array of blades towards us. The number of blades would be overkill even for Gilgamesh, but as my eyes saw the blades, Yuko only looked at the sight with a grin.

“Child’s play.”

Yuko spoke as she raised her right hand, before slamming it down, sending a blast of energy that repelled the blades and continued onwards towards Narcissus, causing him to jump, evading the attack.

“Tch. You could have just got hit by my attack and died like a man.”

Spoke Yuko as she swung her right arm out before rising it, revealing a broadsword and resting it on her shoulder.

“You insolent wretch!”

“Oh, using our big-boy insults now, are we?”

While speaking, particles of light seemed to surround Yuko, causing her uniform to change in appearance, becoming a white dress, before being adorned with dark gray armor plates on her shoulders and waist, as well as golden greaves with a small round white and gray shield attached to her left arm greave as well as white armored boots.

“That appearance! I was told about that armor!”

Narcissus spoke, seeming intimidated by it.

“So that’s the reason why my aura didn’t affect you, the cost was paid. So now you’re nothing more than a boorish woman now, a mere shell.”

Narcissus spoke as the blades began to gather around him.

“Now I can’t have boorish women around my grace, especially those who protect trash, so…”

Spoke Narcissus, before disappearing, only for Yuko to also vanish and block what I guess would be seven or eight blades from skewering me, before vanishing a few yards to my right, colliding with Narcissus, her one broadswords being held back by the entirety of Narcissus dagger like blades, before vanishing once more, only to reappear on two of the treetops twenty or so yards away.

“Seems… you’re pretty swift… despite that over-sized pocket knife.”

Narcissus spoke, despite not seeming to have taken any damage, he was out of breathe.

“Having a tough time breathing, I see. Maybe I shouldn’t have fought against you with only ten percent of my power”

Yuko spoke as casual as when she entered the fray, bur before any more pleasantries could be spoken, the two disappeared, though I could keep up with them only slightly better, if they didn’t destroy either the ground or a tree, I would be looking around at air for the most part.

Yet despite the scene being played out before me, I felt a grin on my face. For even though I was experiencing this battle firsthand, my mind couldn’t accept it as real, this battle straight out of a fantasy battle manga.

“Damnit! I used Goi̱tef̱tikí̱ áv̱ra too much. If this continues, I’ll be to winded to fight at this pace”

Narcissus thought as he continued to fight the armored Yuko at a speed which the norms couldn’t hope to see, before-

“You slipped.”

Yuko spoke, slashing her sword into the few daggers that were protecting Narcissus side. While the blade cut through the dagger like blades it continued to press towards him.

“Game point!”

Narcissus thought as he moved the red veil up, as if the light piece of cloth would protect him.

As Yuko pushed the blade, despite her swords size it couldn’t get passed the cloth, leaving Narcissus a chance to counter attack.

“You’re dead wretch!”

Narcissus thought as he commanded the blades to attack Yuko, but before the blades could move, he noticed what Yuko really achieved in getting passed his knife like daggers. For Narcissus had, in order to block Yuko’s sword, allowed a big opening in the veil that allowed Yuko to slip her left arm in.

“DIVINE JUDGEMENT!”

As Yuko spoke, her shield and eyes gleamed white before a large white blast of energy engulfed Narcissus, destroying much of the terrain in front of her, before the energy dissipated, leaving no trace of Narcissus.

As Yuko landed, she began to look at the destruction.

“Seems he got away, the sly prick.”

“GOT AWAY!” DON’T YOU MEAN DISINTEGRATED!

I yelled, but Yuko looked at me confused.

“What are you talking about? There’s no way an attack that weak could kill even that crybaby.”

Yuko spoke, as I looked at the destruction before me that couldn’t be best describe as looking at the results of a successful nuclear warhead test.

“All this destruction and that attack was considered weak. JUST WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?”

To Be Continued

Author's Explanation
[1] The first few words son my Utada Hikaru in Hikari or Simple and Clean
[2]Lover's suicide, is the act of killing a person who can be thought of as being in a relationship with, upon which after murdering the murderer kills him/herself (unless both committed suicide together). This can be down against the other person's will. Oh Japan.
[3]Goi̱tef̱tikí̱ áv̱ra is greek for Charming aura, fitting with Narcissus' greek origin
BitterSugar
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: 「Original Light Novel」 DiuNatus

Post by BitterSugar »

Short criticisms because I'm really tired to get seriously constructive (sorry).
Firstly, you overuse a few connectives; I think I've seen a few dozens of 'though' and 'as [...]' in this chapter and it's quite irritating to read. Plus, the sentences may seem irregular if you use the same phrase/word over and over again.
Another thing to note is that you have too much dialogue.
The prologue intrigued me enough to read it so you're on the right track in terms of the plot, but honestly speaking, I was a little disappointed by the writing style.
I feel that your OLN would improve drastically if you just made it sound more fluid and gave the characters more depth.
Want something edited? Feel free to private message me and I'll see what I can do.

Return to “Creative works”