OLN: //Troll.Lancer

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

jpuntuned
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

OLN: //Troll.Lancer

Post by jpuntuned »

//Troll.Lancer is an original Light Novel by Jay Pal.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Cyberpunk, Mature

Story Synopsis:

In the age of Virtual Reality gaming, a gaming addict, Jaymeson, logs in to find out his account hacked which is near impossible in a world of bio-metric security, to make things worse the game’s help desk tells him they can’t figure out what exactly happened- the characters haven’t been deleted its almost as if they never existed. Hence there is nothing that can be done. His near max level characters, almost legendary gear, extremely rare pets that he took the trouble to hunt down and raise, and worst of all, his bonus character slot were all gone. While most would quit the game, enraged by the loss of years of work, Jay decides to start again from scratch as the human, Crowe.

The game, [Gate Online] grants its players great power. Not just physical or magical but the power to create whatever they please as long as they have the imagination and means to do so. Players may build whatever they please, be it weaponry or armour that doesn’t exist in the game; a monopoly or trade route that may flourish into a business or even a castle or outpost which may grow into a city, perhaps someday an empire.

Jay’s dream from his alpha testing days had been to build a fortress and rule over territory in the game. Doing so would not only reward him with fame and riches, but also what he desires the most in [Gate Online], political power. With the the loss of his characters, his billions of in-game currency has disappeared and now he must race back to his former level of wealth before another player takes the land he desires.

Foreword:

I'm a big fan of Light Novels and was once a gaming addict. Having an idea for a character and rather unique donut shaped world, I decided to put it all together and start writing a Light Novel of my own. Hosted here: Wordpress Blog

Readers should be warned that novel contains elements of gore, nudity and torture

Please note, I have also started a side story unrelated to the first but set in the same setting.

//Purple.Jester Synopsis:

They told me he’d live 13 years, no more. There was a countdown on his clock and with every hour that passed his body would fade and so would his mind.

Before his second son’s birth, the doctors told Marcus Sky that the baby had a degenerative disorder. The boy would live till the age of 13 and no more, with age his motor functions and memories would fade till he was no more than a vegetable being fed through a tube. So Marcus, as the head of Sky industries developed a platform on which his son may continue to live, Virtual Reality and in turn he had made a living world which Chester could enjoy [Gate.Online]. It was a world in which he’d grow and play, perhaps eternally. Marcus hoped, in [G.O] Chester would enjoy the pleasures of life, food, wine, sex and perhaps love. He wanted it to be the boy’s reality.

On the day Chester turned 12, [G.O] turned 5 and the SynchPods were ready. The 3 test subjects had survived and were faring well in the world of Troid.

The loving father kissed his son good bye for the last time. Marcus erased his remaining memories and uploaded the Chester’s consciousness into the game with a few parting gifts.
Last edited by jpuntuned on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
CaMadiw
Astral Realm

Re: OLN: //GO.Freelancer

Post by CaMadiw »

Been following this since you first started publishing it online. It's an appropriate pace: long and detailed but every detail is relevant and adds to the story. Looking forward to reading the next chapter. Out of curiosity, how long do you think it will end up?
jpuntuned
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by jpuntuned »

CaMadiw wrote:Been following this since you first started publishing it online. It's an appropriate pace: long and detailed but every detail is relevant and adds to the story. Looking forward to reading the next chapter. Out of curiosity, how long do you think it will end up?
Thanks CaMadiw. Glad you've been enjoying it. Thing is, I have no idea how long its going to end up. I plan to carry on writing till I run out of ideas, however
the story is divided into Arcs to make things easier for the reader.
jpuntuned
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by jpuntuned »

Good news everybody!
So I realize, I haven't updated this for a few days. However updating those who are interested. I have posted till chapter 17.
Along with it I've started a little side story called. //Purple.Jester
Hope you enjoy it!
CallMeChaos
Astral Realm

Loving it.

Post by CallMeChaos »

Hey JayP,
At first I was skeptical about reading a Light/Web Novel that is originally English. Most seem to be just rip offs of other ideas, the grammar tends to be abysmal and the characters laughable Gary Stus and Mary Sues.
With yours, I was pleasantly surprised. I've read both and though you told me some readers claim to like Purple Jester better, I still find Troll Lancer to be the better novel. Read the rewritten chapters and I think you're doing a fabulous job.
I like the depth of the characters, and how you've made such a diverse, complicated and twisted protagonist. I expect the same level of character development from Purple Jester.
Anyway, I made this account just to give you a little boost here. Congratulations on making it on 'The List' on bato.to and on hitting 30k on the blog. Hope you make it onto Baka-Tsuki too.
jpuntuned
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: OLN: //Troll.Lancer

Post by jpuntuned »

Thanks Chaos,
Glad you enjoy my work. I'm tired of do good protagonists and the same old too shy to act on feelings or say what they feel. To me character building is the most enjoyable part of writing.
jpuntuned
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by jpuntuned »

Chapter 7 of Purple Jester and Chapter 19 of Troll Lancer are out. Chapter 20 of the latter is now in the works.
jpuntuned
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by jpuntuned »

Chapter 20 is out!

Return to “Creative works”