OLN: Hitman's Errand

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

valid
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

OLN: Hitman's Errand

Post by valid »

Hey guys how are you doing?
I have been reading all these great OLN for a while now and decided to share this story of mine. To be honest, I haven't done much yet, but I have some great ideas for this, so if possible I'd like to get some feedback from you. :D
Actually I've worked on a more serious OLN for some weeks now, but I'm kinda stuck with the story, so I will post this project first. Yeah I know it's a school setting and may seem overused, but I will try my best to keep you entertained.
I hope you look forward to the chapters.

Story Synopsis:
To become a good ruler in the future, first princess Yaru is sent to a normal high-school by her father - the current king of the Japanese Kingdom.
Even though reluctantly, Yaru complies to her father's demand and tries her best to experience a normal high-school life. Having experienced the royal life for sixteen years doesn't make the task any easier.
Trouble is bound to happen and having the first princess attend school leaves her in a dangerous position, that's why the king has secretly hired a bodyguard for his daughter.
But he didn't hire any ordinary bodyguard. He hired, Dimitri Dva, a top Russian hitman whose name is feared throughout the underground world.
Now how will these two fit into their new environment?
valid
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: OLN: Hitman's Errand

Post by valid »

Prologue
Spoiler! :
Hello everyone, my name is Dimitri Dva. I'm someone you would call a hitman. You know the kind that receives money in exchange for killing someone, that kind of hitman.
Right now I'm in a certain suspicious looking warehouse located far away from any civilization. You wonder why I'm in this kind of place? Well that's because when I invite guests to play poker with me, it would be bad if someone hears their screams coming out late at night, right? They would call the police and that would be kind of annoying right?
Anyway, tonight it's relatively quiet. Though I'm not playing poker today, I'm having a talk with a women who you could call my boss. Honestly, I'd rather play poker right now...

"Dimitri you know this mission is different from your normal missions, which means the way you usually operate is no good, got it?"

"Then why did you accept this job? Why do I have to become the babysitter of some worthless brat?"

"Worthle- You...Listen this worthless brat is the first princess of Japan. Leaving royal bloodline aside, since she has no brothers, you realize that she will one day take her fathers position as the ruler of Japan. This request was made by the king himself. How can I refuse someone like that?"

Why are you asking me like I'm the stupid one? If it was me, I would have straight out refused it! At least that is what I want to say, but I better not.

"Because of the requirements for this mission, only someone who is skilled and at the same time has the appropriate age can take it. As it is the only one we can rely on is you so....Are you even listening? Stop playing with your gun!

I was scolded while taking care of my baby. You see why I'd rather play poker?

"So annoying.. You want me to fly to Japan and do this job, so I'm getting prepared. I don't know which monkey invaded your dreams while you were sleeping and brainwashed you into accepting this job, but I will do it alright? So stop looking at me like I was some unruly kid."

"Yo-!...haa..."
She was about to say something but then she just sighed. Why can't this women appreciate my earnest efforts more?

"Just think of this as some sort of vacation. I'm sure if it's you, then everything will be alright. After all your mission success rate is among the tops."

"Yeah Yeah don't worry. I will fly to Japan, find the target and then bang."
I said while pointing my gun at a wall and imitating the recoil after firing.

"Dimitri... you know what your mission is right?"

"Yes Yes, of course. I will pretend to be a student, infiltrate some highschool, get close to some brat and then I put a bullet right between her eyes. Bang"

"No! Not 'bang'!"

"But...once she is dead I'm done with the job, no? She is still a child, she will never see it coming. I could even find a good location, set up my ORSIS T-5000 and then bang."

"Cut that 'bang' shit out already! You absolutely do NOT kill the princess!"

"Tch, then I will kill that king"

"DIMITRI!"

Seems like the joke has gone too far. I better stop now before she gets a mental breakdown.
It's not like I'm stupid, I understand what she wants me to do, but this whole mission just doesn't make any sense to me. I'm someone you hire to kill people, not to protect them. You can expect me to put on some resistance if you come to me with something like this right? Well even if I'm not happy about it, in the end I will still accept any task my boss gives me.

"Relax Jeany~ I'm just joking. I won't kill her okay? I will behave and follow your orders like always"

"Haaa...Please Dimitri, I can trust you right?"

She let out another sigh that sounded like she had aged some years and even played the 'I can trust you' card with her pleading voice. Damn she really knows how to get me. If it comes down to this, I can't do much so I give her a confident smile and reply.

"Of course."

With this said, I prepare my equipment and pack it in my suitcase. Tomorrow, at this time, I will be on a flight to Japan.
So guys, here is the prologue. I'm done with the first two chapters and will post them once I reviewed them :D
The majority of the story will be told in Dimitris POV in case the summary indicated something else.
I hope you enjoy it^^

Return to “Creative works”