OLN: Infinitia Online

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Writingthedream
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: MKnR, LH(but it's not hosted here anymore TAT)

OLN: Infinitia Online

Post by Writingthedream »

Hi! Before anything else, I would like to thank you for checking out my thread! I know what you are thinking, "Another MMORPG LN?" "Oh, another one riding the trend!" etc. but please do give me a chance! As a writer who finally found courage to put into writing and publish his works online, I feel that it is my obligation to first say things about myself.

I’m not sure whether it is right for me to say that I am not even confident to call myself a “rookie” as I have never published a light novel online before and I haven’t had any professional training prior to making this story. But my heart and soul is that of an artist who wants to share his story.

For everyone’s knowledge, I will be making a web novel as a form of hobby. Though I also wish to get acknowledged and to someday publish my novels, for now I will take things slowly. I am treating this story as a hobby from where I can polish my skills in writing and it will be done leisurely (meaning please be patient with the updates XD)

I wish that you would come to like my story and I hope you would also help me in the process by providing feedback. As per the time it will take for me to update this novel, I can’t really say. I’m the type of person who would sit up in the middle of the night, power on my laptop and pull an all-nighter if ideas come to mind. But just as any writer who experiences writer’s block, I go through slumps not because I lack ideas. It’s more of, I have this and this and that, but which one should I choose?

As all writers and readers know, originality is a big issue. It can make or break a story. But please be patient with me. I will be in your care from now on!

I have just created the site to house my work so far so please do check it. It's fairly new so it's still bare so please be patient with me as I am still looking for possible graphic artists to work on the illustrations of my characters as well. I also do not have an editor so minor errors may be found. Again, please be patient with me! :)

Feedback in the form of criticisms, reviews and whatnot will be really appreciated. :)

Title: Infinitia Online
Genre: Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance
Host Site: Homepage
Plot Synopsis:

“It’s the year 2029 and Infinitia Online is one of the newest VMMORPG’s to join the competitive market of VMMORPG’s. It’s biggest selling point is the Yggdrasil System which acts as the backbone of the game. The game emphasizes on uniqueness and player freedom which the other games can only dream off. From the Alpha and Beta phase, players have commented on it’s complicated yet interesting system. From it’s working title Infinite Dreams Online, it truly deserves to be called an otaku’s dream with it’s endless possibilities and almost realistic approach. But what if, during the live release of the game things became too realistic?”

Chapters:
Prologue: Prologue – This was not the creation myth we were told!
Chapter One: Undecided (XD Still trying to decide)
Writingthedream
Reader

Re: OLN: Infinitia Online

Hello to everyone!

First of all I would like to thank the few who visited my site to check out my story. Not really sure with the numbers or if the people read through chapter 1 but still I'm happy for your effort in checking it out.

As per chapter 2, well good news! I'm almost done with about 2/3's of the chapter. Some might say why so sudden?! Well, I've still many ideas and I've been fleshing out the details of the foundation for my novel's system so it's to be expected.

Once I am done introducing the concepts to the early chapters, I might fall on a regular schedule of releasing maybe 1 chapter in 1 or 2 weeks. Yes, it takes that long if it's only a one man team. But bursts of inspiration happens so it might be faster than that. It depends on what my muse permits :D

So please please be patient with me. Expect chapter 2 to be up tomorrow! :D

Regards,
Jan :D
Writingthedream
Reader

Finally finished/published my Chapter 2 Yay!

I will edit my main post later as it takes awhile before those get approved and well, I found out that for some reason my thread is taken out of the list everytime I edit my main post.

With regards the story XD I actually had a hard time picking the main weapon for my main character. If you avidly watch anime then you'll see I made some comments that allude to the popular ones that came out -winkwink- So I mulled it over for quite awhile and eventually picked one and everything just unraveled. I actually now know what class the main character will be getting so "Yay! Cheers for that!" XD

And glad I finally was able to lay out the ground rules regarding the skill system as I felt it was quite expansive. XD I wish you guys are able to understand how it works. In case you don't then feel free to ask me.

Oh and at the end, although I felt like I just squished it in, I added a little tidbit regarding the main character. Hope you get curious enough to watch out how I create a story about it :D

I wish you can also reply with your comments, :3 Nothing makes a writer more happy than people commenting on our stories ^_^

Without further ado, here it is:

Chapter 2: Waiting for the other shoe to drop
Writingthedream
Reader

Hi again everyone!

Thank you again for visiting this thread and my site to read my story :D

As you all know I am creating this story just now so in order to deliver a fleshed out story with characters that have the capacity of catching your attention (and I hope they'd grow in your hearts in the future) I am saying the next update won't be out tonight or even tomorrow. It's because I don't want to rush things out and come out with half baked generic characters whom you'll forget and won't even remember XD

So please be patient with me. I am 50% done with the next chapter now but as you know, I'm a one man writer/editor. Although I lack experience in editorial work, I'm still trying my best. :D

Anyway, moving to the characters I have already introduced about two characters so far in my next installment and two side characters as well. I will try my best to give them their own personality so please do watch out for them! :D

As per the cliffhanger, well you just have to find out what happens next right? :D

Again, I am in your care. Thank you very much!

Regards,
Jan :D
Writingthedream
Reader

Hello everyone!

As promised, I have already posted my chapter 3. Sorry for the long wait! I do hope you will be satisfied with the latest chapter as I thought really hard about it.

I've introduced new characters and it was really hard for me to choose which race they belong to. I've already thought about the weapon to give to one of them. But the other one is still in question. I would like to hear from you if possible if you have any ideas or suggestions on what weapon I could give Haru ^_^

If not, it's still alright as the fact that you're reading my story is enough for me! Again thank you so much for the support!

The next chapter might take awhile. I'm still fleshing out the details as it will be a long and winded explanation as to what is really happening. :) It might even take a week or two. You see I consider the next chapter of utmost importance as it will set the mood for the whole series. So please please do be patient with me.

I will be providing you guys with bonus though...or if it can even be called that XD

I will post the first bonus starting tomorrow. :D It's not a side/short story but it will at least keep you interested as I write off the next chapter.

Here's the newest chapter, enjoy!

Chapter Three: When real becomes a reality
Writingthedream
Reader

As a form of recompense for the delayed release of the next chapter. I am bringing you...*drum roll* Character sheets!

Before looking at it, please don't judge! I don't have an illustrator as of yet and I'm still looking! :D

And you might think that the character sheets are bland (not really too much going on in the equipment area) but hey! It's just the beginning of the story XD

I will be releasing some again tomorrow until all the introduced characters are done. And I will make one set again by the end of chapter 1 :3

Return to “Creative works”