O-WN: Myth: Legend (传说)

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

wtloke1977
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: LMS / MGA

O-WN: Myth: Legend (传说)

Post by wtloke1977 »

Heylo Novel readers!

pssst I got a secret, read all about it here.
Spoiler! :
My Rants on this novel

I love Chinese WuXia movies since I was young, being a very avid fan of Louis Cha and Gu Long. I remember being stuck to the screens watching all the famous TV serials back in the 80s to the 90s. Still following them into the 2000s and up till now.

In addition, my love affair with Anime and Manga started when I was about 13, this was around the time my older sister started reading Japanese Manga. Since then I have not stop enjoying it. Before I knew it, Korean Manhwa and Chinese Manhua are now the bulk of my reading habits, I only read fantasy + action + martial arts genre. Like the WuXia serials I love so much :D

I am also an avid mmorpg player, with a huge amount of mmorpg (english + chinese) under my belt and counting.

For my novel, I want to add a flavor of each of these styles (WuXia, Manga, Manhua, Manhwa, mmorpg), there are of course certain systems that are established, rather similar to the world we live in.

Having chewed around a little, I decided to use the XianXia genre for my novel, however I won’t set limits to many aspects of the stories, or have stereotypical hackandslashgrowstrongsoIcankillrevengechoptherootsetetcetc (try reading that :P )

Wait a minute! I am not trying to say my main character will not grow or become stronger. The old will remain, but it doesn’t mean there won’t be any new :D

But this is a live story, meaning it is not a foregone conclusion, the story is still being molded and developed. I have many notes on a finite (yes only God can make infinite) number of possibilities in the direction of how I want it to go, some times, I delete tens of chapters and rewrite them again, and even then I do some minor editing as well.

Of course there may be some typo or missing words, owing to this being a one man operation. So I ask and plea for my readers to give feedback on weird paragraphs, wrong spellings, grammatical errors or missing words. They will be edited asap.

In the meantime give this story a chance, the beginning few chapters are to set the foundations of what the world was like, not dictate its outcome.

But that’s already getting too far ahead of myself, I will not want to be a spoiler for what is going to unfold :D

I hope I will not fail the expectations of the readers after all my bull :P (no its not bull).
Well fun apart, below is the overall information of my Web Novel, totally F.O.C :D :D

Title: Myth: Legend (传说)
Language: Original English
Genre: Loosely based on Xianxia, with WuXia/Jap/Korean/Chinese/mmorpg elements.
Publisher: Independent (Web novel - Free)
Author: Me
Current Chapters: Volume 1 (33) + Volume 2 (9), updated 27/09/2015 Volume 1 un-revised 1st Edition eBook can be downloaded.

Synopsis from web under 'The Story':
He was the epitome of power, the last remaining in his world. Reborn into another world, with no recollections. A world unlike any others. A world with endless lands, history, culture, marvels and beauty.

Starting young, leaving his home and experiencing boundless lands, meeting different races, and experiencing wonders beyond imagination. Wrought with trials and tribulations, but not without rewards.

New lessons no one could teach, new lands no one had seen and a new system of the world that has yet to be discovered.

It has only just begun.
Blog Link: Blog site

Oh remember to refer to the compendium it helps to understand the world better :D

Will post once there is an update.

Cheerios
Enjoy Reading
Last edited by wtloke1977 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:56 am, edited 8 times in total.
wtloke1977
Kyonist

Re: O-WN: Myth: Legend (传说)

Post by wtloke1977 »

Latest Chapter 15 is out

Here is a sneak peak, link is on the OP
Spoiler! :
“Ok, now I want you to move your Ki slowly around your body.” She instructed.

Xiaoxia slowly tried to circulate his Ki around his body, starting from the Ki center and moving up into his chest and slowly into his arms.

Suddenly she pulled back her right hand with a sharp gasp. At exactly the same moment, Xiaoxia felt a tremendous surge from his Ki center, rushing through his body and into his arms before dissipating into the surroundings.

“You can stop now,” Instructor Wei had already stepped back a few feet, and asked, “Xiaoxia, have you learnt any martial arts during these two weeks?”
wtloke1977
Kyonist

Post by wtloke1977 »

Latest Chapter 16 is out

Sneak peak of it, link in OP
Spoiler! :
“Again!” Instructor Wei demanded.

Xiaoxia started gathering his Ki and directed them to his left fist and pushed out. He was trying to control it, but all his Ki just surged out and lashed towards where his punched.

“Boom!” the training dummy 10 feet in front of him turned to smithereens.

“Again!” another dummy appeared where the previous one was.

“Boom!” the same result occurred, and yet another dummy reappeared.

“Change to your right fist, again!”

“Boom!”

The practice started since morning, after Instructor Wei narrowly avoided sustaining serious injury. She showed Xiaoxia a few techniques and taught him some theories, they were to control the flow of Ki that was released.

“Change to your left index finger, go!” Instructor Wei ordered.

“Piak!” this time the dummy remained intact and swiveled around its base, rotating a few times before stopping. An indentation the size of a fist could be seen on its right upper torso.
wtloke1977
Kyonist

Post by wtloke1977 »

Chapter 17 is out

Sneak peak into the exciting ending!
Spoiler! :
“Shzack! Shzack! Shzack! Shzack! Shzack!”

Immediately the dummies all had holes right through their midsection, the holes were charred with flames licking through them.

Now the figure swung with its left hand gathering into a fist. Tendrils of bright scarlet energy, which looked like flames converge around the fist as it punched, and blasted out.

“Boom! Wham! Wham! Wham!”

A sonic boom could be heard when it was release, then a visible blast wave appeared each time a group of dummies were disintegrated one after another in quick succession. Each group had more than 20 dummies arranged behind the other group.

Suddenly the figure vanished, appearing on the other end of the room. At this moment, it did a downward slash with its left feet from top to bottom.

Bright white energy gathered around its feet as it swept downwards.

“Whooosh! Schhhlarrk! BA DA BOOM”
wtloke1977
Kyonist

Post by wtloke1977 »

Wazzup!

Ok today's chapter 18 has been released (Jailbreak!!), I ported back to the past and edited it so I won't need to do so today!

A teeny weeny sneak peak at chapter 18, link on the OP
Spoiler! :
Quickly filling the Ki vessels between the meridians, he directed the Ki to his left index finger, while focusing it before releasing the Ki in a short burst.

“Poom!”

There was a sharp bang on the wall at the other end of the room, he had completely missed the target.

“Huh?” Xiaoxia was confused, seeing the dummy standing now a little to the right from its original spot.
Enjoy Reading!!

Cheerios!
wtloke1977
Kyonist

Post by wtloke1977 »

Chapter 19 is now out

Link on the OP

Sneak peak here
Spoiler! :
Then at the moment Jay moved his right hand and almost placed his fingers on Xiaoxia’s wrist, an intense silver spark shot out. Jay winced visibly, but continued to place his fingers.

Immediately two conflicting auras emerged from the contact point; an intense golden aura emerging from the contact points on Xiaoxia’s skin, and an incandescent scarlet aura from Jay’s fingers.

Within a few seconds, the intense golden aura from Xiaoxia started moving up into Jay’s fingers. At this point Jay was grimacing visibly. A moment later it moved up to his wrist.
wtloke1977
Kyonist

Post by wtloke1977 »

Hey all!!

Been busy lately, but the latest Chapter 22 has been released

Catch up on all the chapters on the TOC link in the OP

Here is a sneak peak on todays chapter!
Spoiler! :
Immediately Jack gather his Ki and threw a concentrated Ki burst at Xiaoxia.

“Pooossh!”

Xiaoxia did not moved, and deflected it with his bare hands. He didn't feel even the slightest tingle.

“Damn!” Jack exclaimed and immediately jumped backwards.

In an instant, Xiaoxia vanished from his sight, and before Jack knew it, he was laying on the ground.
wtloke1977
Kyonist

Post by wtloke1977 »

Arc 1 is complete with Chapter 33

Arc 2 Chapter 1 is out

Please check the Opening post for the link :D

Cheerios
WT
wtloke1977
Kyonist

Post by wtloke1977 »

Sorry for the missing updates, been having problems logging in.

Anyways, Volume 2 chapter 9 is out!

Please check out the site link on the OP (opening post)

Cheerios!
WT

Return to “Creative works”