OLN: My Bratty Little Sister

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

makaay786
Astral Realm

OLN: My Bratty Little Sister

Post by makaay786 »

Hi guys,

I'm a writer, mostly of poetry, but I've decided to try my hand at light novel writing since I've also recently made it my primary topic of study.
This is volume 1 of what I hope will be a series of 6-8 volumes. I'm sharing this here because I really love the light novel community that baka-tsuki has built, and I look forward to comments from seasoned light novel enthusiasts. Please give it a read and tell me what you think.

The genre is slice-of-life romance comedy, so any readers interested in that kind of stuff, please do give it a read.

Be warned though that it is without illustrations. Unfortunately, I cannot draw to save my life and not needing any illustrations prior to now I'm really out of the know in terms of finding someone suitable.

I do hope you can still find it interesting though! :)

I'm uploading the pdf, but if you get a chance do check it out on wattpad as well. It would be much appreciated. :)
The link is below.

https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/4903540 ... tle-sister

Story summary:

Meet Shinji Ikeda.
Shinji is an ordinary seventeen year old high school boy. In fact he's so ordinary that most of the girls at his high school hardly seem to notice that he exists, except to occasionally point him out as a weirdo and potential stalker. Due to his poor reputation, even his childhood friend and longtime crush, Haruka Tanaka, is forced to avoid him while at school. Yet, to make matters worse, he constantly has to deal with living in the shadow of his bratty little sister. Virtually his polar opposite, Ayami Ikeda is something of a local prodigy; she is a talented artist, and is perceived by most as an adorable, innocent, perfect model student. Her grades are exceptional and her reputation flawless, and to Shinji's dismay he is often forced to hear exactly how great she is as their parents constantly shower her with praise and admiration. One day however, Shinji stumbles onto his little sister's secret, and soon the quiet, peaceful life to which he has become accustomed threatens to unravel before him. He begins to realize that the perfect Ayami that he always saw (and hated) never truly existed, and as he begins to truly understand her for the first time, the two finally begin to repair their bond as siblings.

Join Shinji as he embarks on a lighthearted comedic tale about life, love, family, and growing up on a quiet island in Japan's Okinawa prefecture.

Edit: Can't upload it in pdf. Is it alright if I just leave it at the wattpad link? I do want it to be accessible.

Return to “Creative works”