OLN: Shadows of a Broken Past

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Saronin
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance, but it was Campione!

OLN: Shadows of a Broken Past

Post by Saronin »

Series: Will of Shadow
Title: Shadows of a Broken Past
Volume: 0
Author: Saronin Alphus Cai Jayhart
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Action, Sci-fi, Tragedy, Senien

Shadow of a Broken Past

Prologue: A Meeting In The Dark
(name Not final)

In and large room, with a dimly lit path from the door, to a triangular table, illuminated by an immensely bright spotlight, sat three shadowy figures, with ominous auras.

A tall, well built man, who appeared to be in his thirties, a dignified, older gentlemen, who was at least fifty, and an elegant, young girl, with long flowing hair, who couldn't be older than ten, were all resting their elbows on the edge of the table, crossing their wrists, and holding one another's hands, their eyes shut tight.

Behind each of their chairs was an aid, ready to be of service at a moment's notice. A strange, yet undeniable tension was present between the aids, it was as if a battle of mental endurance were underway, and a fight to the death could break out at any moment.

The three people sitting at the table released their grasp, and opened their eyes. The tension between the aids disappeared in an instant and they became relaxed.

"Welcome back, Master" They all said at the same time. "Is there anything you require?"

The older, more dignified man, was the first to respond. "No, not at this time."

Followed by the burly man, who responded in a gruff voice, while clicking his tongue in disgust. "Teh, no, not a damn thing."

And finally the girl, in a deceptively innocent voice. "Yes, find agent Hikari, and bring him in. Tell him, I have a job that only he can do."

"But ma'am, are you sure you want to bring HIM in on this, you know his record better than anyone." Her aid protested.

"Are you disobeying me?" She asked, revealing a frightening aura, that scared him so much, he puked.

"Sorry ma'am, it won't happen again." He barely managed to say through the fear.
The aid ran out the door, pee dripping down his leg.

"I agree with the aid, what good can HE do?" Said the dignified man.

"Hegh, what I don't understand, is why you spared that man's life. Insubordination is punishable by death after all." Interrupted the large man.

"The way I deal with my staff, is for me to decide." Replied the girl.

"Teh, going soft in your old age?" The man said, rudely.

The air began to crackle, and spark, particles of black light, began to float off the ground, the room started to shake, the burly man's face was contorted in pain, and both men's aids were on the floor unconscious. An overwhelming pure black aura even darker than an eclipse, emanated from the girl, a smile, that wouldn't look out of place on the devil himself, was plastered across her face, from ear to ear.

She said, in the same innocent voice. "Is that any way to speak to your elder, pup." Snearing the word "pup" in destain.

"Alright, I think he's had enough." Says the dignified man, barely able to stand against from the shockwaves of aura himself, even though they're only unintentional byproducts.

"I guess you're right. Wouldn't want to kill him, and start a war." She said, once again hiding her aura.

The burly man fell to the floor, gasping for breath.

"As I was saying, I don't think bringing THAT man, into this is a good idea. You saw the same thing I did, you saw what the prophecy showed, the prophecies are never wrong, they're infallible, unavoidable, undeniable." Said the man, lowering his head in shame, and despair.

"Yes, I did see the what the prophecy showed... but, I also saw what it didn't show." Said the girl, now looking completely normal.

At that moment, just as the aids were regaining consciousness, a man appeared out of thin air, on the dimly lit path to the table.

"Sorry for interrupting, sirs, ma'am, but there's a man is standing at the front desk, demanding to get in. He says you summoned him, but I have no record of it." The man said, politely bowing his head.
"He sure is prudent." Said the dignified man.

"I'd say, he's right on time." Said the girl, with a smug look on her face.

"Who is this man? Is he of the Harthhome liniage like our squire here?" Said the burly man, having finally recovered from the earlier mental attack.

"No, he's not from any of the known Ditio bloodlines. He's a retired agent, one of the best we've ever had." She replied.

"What help is a, past his prime, retired agent going to be?" Asked the burly man.

"Says the ten thousand year old muscle head." A new voice came from the shadows, followed by the figure of a young man. He looks at the girl. "You rang?"

"**Kukuku**" The girl snickered under her breath.

"How dare you enter this chamber, in such a disrespectful manner?" Said the dignified man, angrily.

The burly man's face was so red, he looked like he was about to explode.

"Hi Onee-Chan, it's been forever." Said the girl, in the most adorable voice imaginable.

"Don't start with me, I'm not going to fall for that cute, sweet, little sister act of yours anymore, I know your true nature, and there's nothing sweet, or cute about it." Said the young man, rudely.

"Aww, but it was so fun to see you blush whenever I called you big brother." Said the girl playfully.
"What, so you're a pervert, and a crusty old vixen?" He teased.

"Doesn't blushing, make you more of a pervert, than I?" She replied.

"Enough, I can't take it anymore!!!" Shouted the burly man, at the top of his lungs.

"You think I'll take you seriously, after you were put out of commission by Yami-Chan's first release?" The young man sneared in reply.

"That does it, you're dead." He shouted, angrily.

The burly man stood up, sending his chair flying. He then thrust his first forward, causing a sonic boom, and sending a shockwave of air pressure towards the young man, at incredible speed. Just before the shockwave hit, the young man disappeared, and emerged somewhere off to the side. A crater had been left in the wall behind the spot where the young man had been standing.

"Missed me." The young man said, jokingly.

The burly man fired a second shockwave at the young man. He dodged again, seemingly melting into the floor.

"Was that aimed at me?" He teased.

Getting angrier, and angrier, the burly man kept firing shockwaves, only to for the young man to dodge, then tease him. A sly smile, was plainly visible on the girl's face.

"Over here." "Try again." "You almost had me that time." "Come back when you can aim." "You're no good at Whack'a,Mole are you?" The young man continued to tease.

The room was covered in craters by the time the dignified man had had enough, and finally got involved. All sounds ceased, the air became stagnant, except for a small space around the girl, all motion in the room had stopped. The shockwave in the air, the young man melting into the floor, the burly man's flying fist, even the dust particles floating through the air.

"Oh fu. Stopping time in the middle of my entertainment. what a daring man you are." Said the girl.
"Not being the least bit affected. What a scary woman you are." He replied.

"Can you leave him like that? He looks better that way." Said the young man, slyly.

"And you, breaking free is so annoying." Said the dignified man, sighing.

"Surviving Yami-Chan's training, might have something to do with it." Replied the young man.

"I may not like it, but I agree with you about Hugo. We'll never get this over, and done with, if that hothead keeps falling for your provocations." said the dignified man, angrily.

"The Tricoun welcomes you... Onee-chan." Said the girl apparently named Yami, in a provocative tone.

The young man blushed, then slapping his face, said: "Damn it, that doesn't count, you caught me off guard. I wasn't ready."

"All's fair in love and teasing you." Said Yami, playfully.

"Alright, you've had your fun. Now can we please get to the matter at hand?" The dignified man, introduced as Carlyle, interjected, in a desperate tone.

A few minutes later, the craters all around room had been completely repaired, the Tricoun, short for Council of the Three Caelestium Corporum, (No one calls them that, because it's too long. Not even themselves.) were sitting in their respective chairs, including, the now calm Hugo, their aids standing beside them, the atmosphere once again serious. The young man, Hikari, was sitting on the dimly lit path, from the door, to the center of the room, facing the triangular table where the Tricoun were seated. He had a slight smile, but aside from that, his earlier bravado had dispelled.
"Retired agent Hikari Nee-chan, I have summoned you here for temporary reappointment, and the assignment of an important task." Said Yami, a bit more seriously.

"Drop the Nee-chan, and what's this 'important task', only I can do?" Asked Hikari, maintaining his countenance.

"Is it too much to ask them to take this seriously?" Carlyle complained under his breath.
"Your mission is to observe the target." Said Yami, giving Carlyle a frightening glance.
"A babysitting mission, and you're sure only I am adequate?" Hikari said, frustrated.

"Yes." Answered Yami.

Hikari scratched his head, then replied. "Fine, you win. Show me the target."

Yami moved her hand slightly, a millisecond later, Hikari caught a paper needle a centimeter from his forehead. He unrolled it, revealing a photograph of a girl, in a high school uniform.

"Really? My target's a high school girl? Rejected." Said Hikari, sarcastically.

"Don't be fooled by her appearance. It's entirely possible that she's like you, a Ditio Anomaly." Said Yami, with another devilish smile.

"I understand. What about the times when she's doing stuff that should stay private?" Asked Hikari.

"Taken care of. An agent is already undercover, using memory manipulation, to pose as a distant relative." Yami replied.

"Pertinent details, mission objectives, and location?" He asked.

"Don't let the other agent sense your presence, she thinks she's working alone, and isn't very fond of others 'stealing her glory', also try not to stand out too much." Yami instructed.

"Mizuno Shirohime, age seventeen, honors student at Cupio Cognitio High, Libero, New Britain. She has no Ditio ancestry, but shows signs of awakening. You must report every twelve hours. You have 6 hours a day to sleep, devide as necessary. You will infiltrate the school, as a third year student. You will report immediately, if she shows any more signs of awakening, and if it seems like her power is about to activate, suppress it. Lethal force is only authorized if she endangers the lives of multiple individuals." She answered seriously, then took a playful tone, saying. "To make it easier to get close to the target, you should enroll as a girl, I'll need to show you how to wear a bra, and see to the production of the fake breas|"

"REJECTED!!!" Hikari cut her off.

"As your master, it's an order." She said.

"I'm retired." He rebutted.

"Not as my manservent." She teased.

"I WAS NEVER THAT TO BEGIN WITH!!!" He yelled, frantically.

"Oh fu. I was looking forward to seeing how cute a girl I could make you." She protested.

"If you're done flirting, can we finish up already?" Hugo said, rudely.

Hikari: "We weren't flirting!" Yami: "You might be right."

Yami tossed Hikari a white orb that looked like a giant pearl, then waved her hand in dismissal. As Hikari was on his way out, Carlyle spoke his mind.

"You know, I was opposed to this idea, so if you fail, I will not be responsible for the result" He said, with destaign in every word.

Hikari's face grew serious. "You know, I'm retired, and I've earned every minute of it. I've been to hell and back, done all the jobs that were to messy for you high and mighty assholes to do yourselves, but one uncovered screw up from my time as a rookie, is all it took to make you think I wasn't worth having around. I don't mind having been forced into early retirement, but denying all of my accomplishments, and sacrifices, took it too far. If it weren't for my respect for Yami-Chan, I wouldn't be here, just breathing the same air as you makes me sick." He replied, leaving all three of them speechless, and Yami blushing.

Knowing what I do now, I wonder if I shouldn't have turned them down, but I can't change the past, only tell my storIy, so nothing like it will ever happen in the future.
Last edited by Saronin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MyAnimeList Profile

~The world would be a much better place,
~If only fantasy became reality.
Saronin
Kyonist

Re: OLN: Shadows of a Broken Past

Post by Saronin »

News:

Feedback, suggestions, and constructive criticism, is welcome.

Drive Folder

Chapter 1(in progress)

Seeking illustrator for cover art and prologue.
MyAnimeList Profile

Digitachibana
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Digitachibana »

I got around to reading the prologue. I think it was a very interesting. Yami seems like such a mischievous character and I love that. I've really only given it a brief read so as a reader, as far as I'm concerned I enjoy it. Creating good characters is just as important as creating the story itself. The more unique they are, the better. I know it can be difficult getting feedback, whether its constructive criticism or just a friendly note, but please don't stop on this account.

I plan on reading "Chapter 1 is it?" as soon as I can and giving any feedback on that as well.
Saronin
Kyonist

Post by Saronin »

Thank you for the feedback.
Honestly I had stopped working on this story for a while, but now that I have a reader, I feel motivated to continue.
MyAnimeList Profile

Digitachibana
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Digitachibana »

By all means, please do. I'd be glad to help out in anyway I can, editing or what not if that helps. I'd love to see the story continue.
Saronin
Kyonist

Post by Saronin »

Chapter 1 part 1 complete
MyAnimeList Profile

Return to “Creative works”