O(L)N: Sword Maiden's Journey

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

55gamer55
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: No Game No Life
The New Gate
Incredible Loli Change
Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria
Tenkyou no Alderamin
Madan no Ou to Vanadis
All the single volume (one-shots) LNs you have!

O(L)N: Sword Maiden's Journey

Post by 55gamer55 »

My fourth serious attempt at writing a novel and the first that is in English. The novel/LN is a fusion of my own ideas and both Western fantasy fiction and Japanese influences like LNs, Manga and Anime.

The most important issue I have is my decent but far from perfect knowledge of English. For this a Proofreader would be welcomed if there is someone is willing to work on this. Note with each chapter being probably around 5000 words this is not a job for the unmotivated and impatient.

My second issue is that for my work to truly qualify as a LN I would need at least cover and character illustrations. My luck-luster drawing skills mean that I simply can't create a illustration of sufficient quality on my own. So my second need would be a Illustrator for the project.

The third problem is that I need is reader feedback as like I mentioned this is my first serious try in writing a really long story in English.

Anyways a quick intro to the story, basically a summary of the prologue:

The Magical Swords. When the Greatsmith Aldion started forging them many years ago he did not expect that evil would ever gain a chance to wield them. But after the sickness of king Marat of Tiante, the country whose knights were given the magical swords to use, prince Iyasil, Marat's second son and a power-hungry hater of all non-human races of Surya, seizes power in Tiante.
Desperately Aldion begins searching for a way to destroy the swords and finds it in the legend of the Sword Princess. Gathering knowledge about this legend Aldion realities that the Sword Princess was actually a magical sword of some kind, only also functioning as a magical being given human form by the gods.
With this Aldion sets to forge a new Sword Princess and as he is about to start he is joined by a old friend, Hain, humanity's beast swordsman, who came here after finding our about Iyasil's crimes. Hain is introduced to Aldion's plan in full and is asked to give his soul and sword skills to create the new Sword Princess. After a bit of talking Hain gives in to Aldion's unbreakable spirit and the two begin forging the new Sword Princess.
After many days and weeks of work the gods finally answer their prayer. The gods use the bones of Aldion's unborn daughter as a link to Surya, Hain's soul as a sacrifice while the swordsman's skills transferred to the new Sword Princess. Then in a in a blazing light that vaporizes all in a circle of several meters the narrator and focus of the story, the titular Sword Maiden, is created by the gods. From there on the Sword Maiden's Journey stats.

To read the novel you can go to one of the following places. Hopefully Baka-Tsuki will appear here sometime in the future.
Google Docs - Single big bulky document, supports edits for proofreading and correcting mistakes.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1txrN8 ... Wkg_10y2uc

Anonkun - Split in posts that contain chapters. Lot's of polls to see what readers want and think about the story.
https://anonkun.com/stories/sword-maide ... joNXdEynmA

IwakuRoleplay - Rolaplaying forums Showcase. New chapters are added as new posts and linked in an index.
https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/s ... ey.132303/

Blog - A blog dedicated to the story. Chapters are put in the Story Category in a chronological order.
http://swordmaiden.blog.com/
Will add stuff with time ...

Return to “Creative works”