Question from a newbie

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Durrendal
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Question from a newbie

Post by Durrendal »

Hello there!

Uh, I have been an avid reader of BT for quite a while so I finally thought about writing my own novel and sharing it here. However, I have a few questions.

1) Uh, my novel has some graphic violence, so is it allowed here? I think I saw in the rules thread that in such case, external links are okay. So, are external links (from RoyalroadL) allowed?

2)What does it take to get hosted on the front page drop-down list? (Example: Devil's Spice, Shiina Ryo, Mother of Learning) I mean what criteria does my fic have to fulfill?

I hope you guys will answer my questions...I am a new writer, so I'll be in you guys' care!
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Question from a newbie

Post by Cthaeh »

Rules and procedures are here(1) and here(2). I'm not sure on links for OLNs; a few have them now, but it looks they at least started with the text here.
Durrendal
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Durrendal »

One of the conditions seem to be "has to be popular of the BT forums".
Thing is, what do they mean by that?
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

That's supposed to mean you post it in this subforum (as links or text), and then people comment on it saying it's good. That's a little bit of a catch 22 in that the forums are not very active at the moment.
Durrendal
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Durrendal »

Cthaeh wrote: That's a little bit of a catch 22 in that the forums are not very active at the moment.
So...is this a regular thing? I mean, will people crowd the forums when there are summer breaks and stuff or is it just generally underpopulated now?

Return to “Creative works”