I don't know whether to call it fanfiction or story...

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: I don't know whether to call it fanfiction or story...

Post by Teh_ping »

Spoiler! :
Act 1: A rude awakening.

Part 1:

“So, how many misses had it been, lieutenant?”

“Shut up.”

Elizabeth grimaced as she missed for the 6th time in a row, using up all her loaded bullets.

The black-haired lady looked completely disgusted as she missed her shot for the fifth time in a row. The Smith and Wesson K-38 Model 15 in her hand just seemed to be missing no matter how she wanted to shoot at the target. This had become a form of ridicule for this police officer who had otherwise excelled in every other aspect of her job, and had warranted the nickname ‘Air-level graduate).

Of course, this lady had to keep her hair short as part of the police regulations, but this short-haired and petite lady had an otherwise fine looking face that would make many a man swoon over her. Notably, the police force was mostly made up of men, singled and desperate to marry, but the aloofness of this lady also warranted her nickname ‘ice queen’ or ‘kuudere’.

“Well, if I have something to be impressed with, it’s your ability to shoot down men like that.”

“Shut up, Chow, and aren’t you already married already?”

“Well, I thought I should point out the silver lining in the cloud.”

“…”

The man called Chow grinned back. He was 26 years old, 4 years older than Elizabeth, but they were of the same rank as Elizabeth was considered a genius and promoted faster than he did. His thin-slit eyes gave an intimidating look to anyone who was unacquainted with him, but everyone in the department knew him as the wisecracker and the joker. It became a running gag that if there was a need to send a guy to act as undercover in underground dealings, it’ll be him.

Of course, the nicknames given to Elizabeth were all started by him.

Not amused at all, Elizabeth shrugged and looked down at the Smith and Wesson in her hand.

The Smith and Wesson was the standard firearms issued to police officers, but there were a lot of protocols required to follow as per other equipment. While the wooden grip was craved delicately to allow for a good grip, the carbon steel barrel that was freezing cold a while back heated up due to the firing of the bullets. Elizabeth clicked the silvery-grey safety trigger back on and turned around to look at Chow, who was firing his own Smith and Wesson, hitting the target 4 times out of 6.

“So now what, Lizzy? Do you want me to teach you how to shoot properly?”

“No way.”

“Sheesh. Well, that fits your foolhardy nature anyway.”

The man with slightly brownish hair sighed and clicked his safety on.

“So, how about lunch? I’ll get Sophie along to join us, of course.”

“Not like you have any choice when she’s the only one who can put the leash on you…”

“Well, that’s what they call ‘happiness in slavery’~!”

“…Are you a masochist?”

Elizabeth sighed as she shook her head. One of these days, she would need to see a doctor to prescribe aspirin for her just to clear the headaches induced by the wackiness of the staff around her.

“Lieutenants!”

A sergeant who was manning the shooting range called out to his superiors.

“What is it?”

Chow answered, giving that fox-like smile to the sergeant in the control box behind him.

“Captain Kindler wants to meet both of you ASAP. Says it’s something about the recent series of murders.”

“On it!”

Elizabeth immediately responded, stuffed her weapon back into the holster and ran straight out of the room as she left Chow behind.

The strong sense of justice is still burning in her wildly, huh? Well, can’t say that I don’t understand after what happened to her…

Chow turned to look at the bullet holes Elizabeth made when she missed terribly.

But can she understand that it's not so straightforward every time?

Giving a rare serious look, he kept his pistol and ran off after Elizabeth.
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: I don't know whether to call it fanfiction or story...

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

いよいよですよね。
Even eternity can be encased in ice.

Return to “Creative works”