[Fate Fanfic] The Next Holy Grail War

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kadenokouji
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

[Fate Fanfic] The Next Holy Grail War

Post by Kadenokouji »

Just a random idea that popped into my head, thought I'd ask if anyone else was interested. Please let me know if the idea has already been used elsewhere.

Disclaimer: Fate and its characters do not belong to me, and all rights go to their respective parties.

Plot: Many years after the events of Fate/ Stay Night. The world has not changed much, so needless to say it was nowhere near the utopia which Shiro and Kiritsugu sought. In the location of Fuyuki City, another Holy Grail war begins. This time, the rules are changed: the Servants are the previous Masters from past Holy Grail Wars, just with their memories heavily altered and their purposes changed to one goal: to seek the omnipotent chalice that is the Holy Grail.

Currently, the characters are:

Emiya Shirou - Saber

Emiya Kiritsugu - Archer

Tohsaka Rin - Caster

Kotomine Kirei - Berserker

Matou Kariya - Assassin

Waver Velvet - Rider

Kayneth El-Meloi Archbald - Lancer

Do let me know what you think of the idea. If it seems good enough, I'll start penning it down. Please do comment your thoughts! Thank you!
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: [Fate Fanfic] The Next Holy Grail War

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Personally, I would say its a pretty bad idea... If you are going for it as a comedy, then maybe...

Firstly, a Holy Grail War without real servants totally changed the story. Unless you have a really good idea or logic to explain it, it simply does not make sense...

Secondly, there is a severe lack of originality... It might be fine to watch how some of theses characters interact with each other, but you probably should include some of your own ideas. For example Battle Moon Wars, they have original characters coming in, include things that are solely yours, allow readers to explore while connecting the story. Or Fate/Stay Night, where people may have not guessed who Archer is that easily, and when they did, thought it was great. (And clearly, you are basing all the "Servants" on Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night... These are not the two only Wars you know...)

Thirdly, some of the roles may be questionable... Waver as Rider is a little hard to imagine... I would think you lost your ideas and randomly stuffed characters in... Shirou and Kiritsugu and Rin are okay, but the others does not seem to suit their roles. Of course, if you find some good reasoning to distort the holy grail war, you can of course alter the roles as well... (Kayneth might be a little better suited for Berserker, Waver can be Caster while Rin is Assassin or Rider? Kirei can be Assassin as well... Kiritsugu can be Rider perhaps? There are many possible combinations, but some of your choices seems hard to justify... Of course, if you do, we can't say no.)

If you intend to make it serious, then you probably need to think a lot more about it. If its just casual, you can just dump them together in an alternate universe and have some funny ending just so everyone can have a good laugh.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!

Return to “Creative works”