Suffering

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

DOL
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Suffering V.2 Chapter 1,2

Post by DOL »

Suffering V.2 Chapter 1,2
Spoiler! :
Part 1
Sitting opposite me on the sofa was Erica.
" What happened last night." did i say in a neutral voice my hands folded before my Lips.
Those brilliant Saphire eyes were gazing at me with utter enjoyment.
Her hands started to rub over her thin belly and her face showed sth motherly care.
" ..." Silence , while she continiued to stroke her belly.
Ive sent Lily out to get everything me and Ri needed.
Erica demanded that i should call her Ri from now on , i actually liked that nickname so i used it and approved of it.
Now it was clear why she wanted me too call her like that.
Still rubbing over her belly i did that ... that ...
Replacing the THAT which referred to a circumstance with Lily the new THAT was this.
Suddendly Ri broke out in laughter.
" We havent had sex if you want to know" did she tell me with her voice full of mischeiv.
" But whats the problem anyways , you told me a week ago you loved me anyways?" did she add .
A week ago i told her i love her and i really wanted to go steady with her.
It was during a drinking season and at first she laughed it off placing the blame with a sorrowfull voice on the Met i drunk all night.
After waking up next morning i told her again also on a Monday morning.
Since then it became her habit to stayin over all the time.
Yeah today was Monday starting today we would train for the interplanet Competetion.
" Its mutual i know , but i dont want to be forced into marriage when your only 16 and im 17." was the clear statement i made after letting a breath of relief come from my Lips.
" Dont see a problem there , a few of my classmates have been married since their 14." did she tell me matter of factly taking a cup of tea from Lily which returned.
" You know i will have to serve at the front lines , what if i die during that time leaving you as a widow...." i thought alot about those things during the 1 month period after revealing the fact who my Mother was.
Everyone besided Lily and Ri changed their behaviour towards me.
Thats definetly sth what i didnt want to happen but it did.
Spending more and more time with Ri i noticed her behaviour changing towards me as well but in a different state.
Normally people acted curteous towards me now even bowing to me when i passed , but Ri changed in the opposite direction.
Getting angry at me , pinching me , always smiling when i was near .
Then i changed as well.
Thinking about her all the time , searching everywhere for her if she wasnt in my sight , always laughing when she was near and burning with impatientness awaiting later hours for her to come by.
That was how it became like this.
Her naughty and teasing side were also a huge benefit towards going steady.
" So? Ill go whereever you go and intended to go to the frontlines anyways." was her reply while eating gracefully a bread with jam ontop.
A little bit of the jam clung to her face so i licked it off.
She got embarrased right away.
' CUUUTTTEEE ' was my thought about it.
' Cmon marry her ill come to earth for that time, Void that old hag will surely allow it when your marrying one of her favoured.' did the point on reply from my Mother resound in my mind.
Allways at this kind of conversation she would interfere.
Ive told Ri about this a while ago and she laughed it off cutely.
Now she was looking at me with the look of " are are your Mom again".
" You know Iliyan if you wont do anything like that to me , i may marry someone else. I definetly dont want to wait till im 26 or so to loose my virginity." her absent minded state still showed through on occasions like this.
She , as a girl , was talking about sex and marrying so easily in a matter of fact way it shocked me ...
... Wait a sec ... what did she just say.
" What did you just say?!" was my shocked voice lashing out.
" Dont be so surprised i want to do all kinds of perverted things with you. If i dont get what i want in a few years my Mom will marry me in a political marriage." some fright was mixed in with those statements.
She wasnt looking into my eyes , averting her gaze everytime i tried to take a good look at them.
Little droplets of water resting at the Corners of her eyes.
" Cant we do a engagment first and wait till were out of school to marry?" was the serious question coming from my mouth.
" I think my Mom would be pleased with that. But for the things i want youll have to sing a binding Chant which is like a marriage vow." did she reply with a reliefed tone.
" ... Okay ill do that then ... next time i see your Mom ill ask about it." something ringed in my mind like a alarm.
" As you wish my Husband ,ufufufu" now she had her teasing tone back only reserved for my times with her.

Part 2
Ri took a bath while i did my morning training.
Then i also took one.
Lily and Ri were happily chatting when i came back.
Steam rose from under my Shirt as i took the usual 70° celsius hot bath.
8.30 about time to assemble in the Dining hall to meet with the other Ranked students of every year and our instructors.
A Green robed figure awaited me having his hood pulled down almost reaching his skin leaving his facial features hidden.
" Sire , i will be your Instructor. Do you know which Intersecting Dimension we are assigned at?" was the mysterious voice coming from the hood.
" Assigned ? Cant we use my own one?" was my matter of fact voice leaking out.
As i was standing leaning onto a wall i snipped with my fingers and a door appeared.
The door opened revealing a City layed in ruins surrounded by a sandy wasteland appeared.
This power was a gift from my Mother as i chanted the Words of Power for the first time revealing to this world that i was her Son.
" Convienient as always." was the mysterious voice once again resounding.
He was short for a male Human 1,60 at most , smaller than my beloved Ri by 6 cm.
Ri was still small compared to my 1,97 m state but this man was clearly smaller.
" But i thought we get our instructors after the speech , how do you know that you will be mine?" did i say with a puzzled tone.
He laughed it off telling me to await the inevitable.
34 other people were waiting for our Principal to open the speech.
Ri and the 3 other girls were talking to eachother leaving me behind as Daisy was hanging on my Neck.
Kira couldnt stand Daisy out of peciular reasons.
So that why they left me alone.
Lily was nowhere to be seen.
A while back i told her she could do what she wanted as she wasnt my servant but sth closer to a friend to me.
The Principal appeared while i was in thought and i didnt realize till her speech was half over.

" ... with this the Speech is over. Your instructors will approach you be sure to treat them with proper respect , YES especially you Iliyan!" was the remark shot towards me.
Our Principal was a girl with the monochrome spellpower like myself , Green spells.
She had taken a liking to me but was seldom at the Academy.
After that she left the room and a bunch of Officals were entering through the Portal like door big enough for 25 people to enter at the same time.
People of various coloured robes entered while Ri came back to me and entwined her fingers with mine.
' She sure was possesive from time to time.' did i think.
Weve told our friends 2 days before.
May started to cry Sophie looked angry and Kira didnt care.
Lily knew about it from the start as she was nextdoor eavesdropping most likely.
The Girls still shot a look of scorn and jelousy towards her.
Realizing what the Alarm in my head this morning meant a Women in Yellow Armor and a Man in Black robes appeared.
" Hello , Son-in-law i heard you wanted to chant the vow finally." Ris Mother spoke out.
" Ri , did you set me up?" was a question shot with a little bit of anger towards Ri.
" Yes , wasnt it a brilliant display." was her clear amused voice reaching me.
She still didnt let go of my hand while using the other to enlargen the self praise , with motions of her hands.
" Nobody except you can overcome me in planning and executing schemes. Thats why i love you." did i say while giving her a kiss on the cheeck and stepping up to her Mother.
" Yes , i suppose you have been enlightend on the concerns i uttered toward real marriage for now." did i use humble speech at Ris Mom , because she scared the shit out of me.
There was a occassion , where she saw Ri and me Kissing which ended in me being deep fried with lightening , thats why she scared me.
" Very reasoanble and mature of one your age. Yes the pact that will forge will bind you together like a real marriage but when one of you dies they can always choose a new Partner without consequences or the 10 year waiting time as describded in the codex." was her easy to understand explantation of the vow reaching me.
' sniff sniff , uwaaahhhh my little boy ...' did i hear the voice of my Mom.
" Mom shut the hell up and dont eavesdrop on me all the time!" did i cry out in anger.
Because of the Anger i didnt only think it but say it out loud.
" Iliyan , what did Darkrend say?" was the absent minded sounding question Ri shot at me.
" Crying like a whiny baby was all i heard" my reply.
Ris Mother shriekd back in Horror as i casually told them what my Mom did.
This should be the first time anyone besides Ri and Lily knew about my conversations.
" W-W-Was t-that really D-D-D-D-D-D-D-Darkrend?" Ris mothers shacking voice.
" Yes mam, she even muttered something about asking void to make a body for her to attend the wedding earlier."
" A Godess ... coming to the ceremony ... how wonderfull that she blesses us with her presence."
" Shes not just there to give her blessings. Oh wait she actually is.... but in a different way than you think!" there it was my fickleness surfaced again.
Ri teased me alot about it too , being like a emotinal little girl was her favourite remark...
Switching from humble speech to a casual angered tone in my last statement was the ficklness surfacing.
With a few last words talking about next sunday for the vow we both wion that day the talk ended.

Part 3
" What you would expect from the wife of a Halfgod , hahahaha" did a Man approaching me and Ri say.
RI blushed at his remark stating she was my wife already.
He was 1,70 m tall above human average , wearing Black armor resembling a Grimreaper of some sorts.
A void user most likely Ris instructor.
Craven who was still besided me obviously was mine.
" My Name is Pascal Irthos. I am Lady Erica Sulfalurs, heiress to the Sulfalur Merchants group, Instructor." was his late introduction." Our training room is just a brief way past the dining Hall."
" Sir Irthos , you can train in my personal Space if you would prefer." did i shoot a offering towards him with only a little bit of intention to see Ri more often.
" If its bigger than the ones provided then sure. But first off do you , Sire Iliyan , think its enough for 2 Partys to train in it?"
" Dont call me Sire please. I think you will have to measure it yourself."
" Likewise Iliyan call me Pascal. Then show us the way."
Flicking my hand and snipping at the same time my core connected to certain parts of the black lines forming different shapes in my head , a door appeared at the part of the wall where i was standing.
Standing infront of the door i pushed the handle down and the door swung open.
Pascals opened his mouth wide at the sight of the almost neverending scene which lay before him.
" How far apart are the border walls." was his simple question.
" After my last growth the dome covers a 2km far region i think +- a few meters." was my honest reply.
" Sure must be convienient to be a Halfgod . Hahahaha" did Cravens voice break up Pascals irritated gaze.
With this the four of us went through.

Craven and Pascal made us do a light exercise testing our physical capabilitys.
Then we split up and went for combat training.
Craven gave me a few good ideas on how to use the Jadeform as well as other Shadow related spells to gain advantage.
He said he has watched every battle i had so far and was already devising plans and spells to further increase my traits.
Not taking one bit of defense in consideration he exceptionally got a good grasp of my fighting style.
With this we continiued to train.

At about 12 oclock Craven told me we should head for something to eat and drink but i declined going to the great hall.
" Craven , listen its more exhausting to go to the dining hall then to run around here all day. Cant we eat at my Room?" was the honest pleaing sound directed at him i made.
He agreed understanding my position and taking my Charakter in consideration.
Even calling Ri and her instructor over i made another door appear out of thin air.
We went through and were directly at my living room.
Lily beaming brightly with happiness at our sight already prepared a meal for us.

" Iliyan ive got to say ... can you adopt me or sth?" was Pascals joking manner reaching my ears.
I grinned at his expression of surprise at the surroundings of my Room invaded his sight.
As it was November now it was cold and a fire was burning in the fireplace keeping the room warm.
" Where are you guys staying anyways while you train us?" did i ask in a interested tone.
" We share a room with 5 other Instructors." was Cravens mysterious tone resounding of the wall of my living room.
" How about you stay here i can make 2 more rooms with ease ." did i say.
Pascal was flinging his whole body at me and hugging me while crying.
" Cmon please adopt my ill always call you Big brother if you like , you are so niiccceee."
I noticed a while back Pascals behaviour was always joking and made it fun to be around him.
But he looked very young.
" Pascal how old are you?"
" Im 20 and single if you dont mind introduce me to some Ladys my friend." was another joking remark made to reply my earlier question.
" Arent you already a Cpt at the front LINES?" my astounded voice leaked out unable to keep my composure.
" Ive graduated at the age of 19 and became cpt recently." did he say while stuffing more meat into his mouth.
" I got ranked 1st in my first year and 3 weeks later i was in Year 5 ranked 5th." did he add after he swallowed the meat.
" Maybe i should also do that..." did i say while seriously thinking about all of this.
While still in absent minded state , Ri pinched my side.
Talking for a while longer and craven smoking a pipe we went back to training.

Part 4
Beeing exhausted i allowed both of our Instructors to take a bath first.
While Craven went first i made 2 more doors appear in the Living room, creating a new intersecting Dimension.
Those rooms contained a Bed wardrobe and a few other things for making them comfortable in my Apartment.
After Craven got out he retired to his room directly trying to come up with some new spells for me.
" Craven would some books help you with that?" did i ask him in a serious tone.
He nodded being as mysterious as always.
" Take that other door there , that is my Library if there is a book on this Planet about Green spells not contained in there tell me ill get Lily to fetch it." did i say in a matter of fact tone he went inside even being a little excited about it.
Leaving me and Ri alone for the first time Pascal headed towards the bath.
As the door closed she was already sitting on my lap and giving me kisses allover.
Her absent minded look disappearing instantly.
I loved this side which she only showed me.
" Why did you invite those guys in our little home?" was her pouting face telling me.
" Dont worry , did i make 3 rooms or only 2?" did i say with a loopsided smile on my face on which we directly started kissing.
Struck like lightning and clearly moving double the speed at the sound of a Door handle clicking she sat besides me now in absent minded mode....
This gap will surely kill me one day ....
Pascal was finished and me and him started drinking and me asking questions about the battlefields he has already seen.
Intending to make a bathroom for my and Ris personal use back in my Room i told her this privately so she didnt need to take a bath in the normal one.

At 11 oclock after sucking up every story about battles from Pascal me and Ri retired.
I thought Pascal would make a scene about me and Ri sleeping in the same room but due to the marriage talk they didnt seem to mind.
Surely this Academy was strange , strictly seperating males and females in different dorms but not giving a damn about a being talked about marriage.
First Ri took a bath coming out of the door with silky shining hair reflecting the lights of the candles i went after her resting the book on the nightstand besides the bed.
Taking a bath with a mild temperature of 60° celsius i stepped out of the door.
Ri was reading another book from her own repertoire she brought over today.
Hearing me open the door she looked at me and spread her Arms infront to receive me.
Getting a smile from me in return she also started to smile.
Natuarlly i couldnt make this girl wait so i hurriedly went over and was received by the warm feeling of being embraced.
DOL
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

suffering v2 Chapter 1,3

Post by DOL »

suffering v2 Chapter 1,3
Spoiler! :
Part 1
4 girls surrounded me at this moment.
Ri my beloved , Kira who was still avoiding me , Sophie with her silent attitude and a excited May.
" Let the Game begin" was the thing i heard while all 4 girls turned into grey particles.

Blinking my eyes a few times my eyes adjusted to this darkness.
Smeeling the air it was moist.
Grey walls extending outwards unnatuarilly.
Moss clinging to some of the walls.
'So my place will be a cave , huh?' did i think.
This game between the plantes sure was messed up.
Xeva and 4 other students , 3 female and a male , were our opponents as we would decide a victor between our Homeworld and their homeworld led by god of wind.
I was hoping for a all out battle between 10 people but they seperated us and made us fight 1 on 1s.
The restrictions were set with the victors going to the next stage fighting again to determine the final winner.
Surely if our world won 5 times now we could also win , but i wasnt that confident.
Especially because i wanted to defeat xeva and her mates ALONE , by myself as i held a grudge against her.
This battle made it impossible though.
After we won the first another plane awaited us even if no opponent was there yet we wouldnt know anything about how the rest of the team faired until the game was over.
A feeling of insecurity engulfed me as i was standing in the Darkness waiting for the presence of my opponent to appear.
Shiver running down my spine the feeling of unease crept towards my head.
Shaking my head and trying to trust my mates i concentrated fully on the battle.

Snip , was heard as i used my middlefinger and thumb to create this noise , throughout the cave.
2 Oval shaped forms appeared on my back with a wet ripping sound of flesh being torn apart.
A Warscythe in my hands i walked slowly in the middle of the cave.
No energy replenishment around here without sun ... but my Shadow abilitys got raised to the Max.
Water was strong wind average , eart veryweak as the ground was made out of Rocks alone , Fire was average as my opponent could use the heat i produce with highspeed running for his own purpose the thing what could be my doom was Blackspells.
I still didnt understand how the surroundings effected that magic but i trusted my own capabilitys.
A noise reveberated of the walls.
Something akin to a snake slithering along the wet floor.
Immediatly realizing it i pressed myself on a wall and melted in with the darkness that surrounded me.
Passing by and smelling the surroundings with its tongue was a bluesnake.
It didnt realize it passed by my foot.
But as i melted with the shadows my smell got extinguished.
The water snake had to be from a bluespell user so his powers were heightend in this surrounding.
Now the snake was a few meters beyond me and i started sneaking back the way it came.
Reaching a corner and turning into it i was stunned.
A hole was bathing a pond in light emitted from a white and clear moon.
The water surface was as calm as a mirrors surface and in the middle was standing a girl.
Dark skin long beautiful purple hair with her eyes closed.
Her height wasnt clearly distinguishable as her knees were covered in water but my guess would be 1,70 m at least.
She wore robes of a blueish colour.
Not as clear as the sky and neither as dark as the see , but something very light almost white.
Melting with the shadows again i circled around the pond allways remaining in the shadows to get into her back.
As i was standing facing her back now i severed my ties with the shadows and snipped with my fingers.
Shadowdisks got attached to my soles and i was skating along the rocky earth to reach my opponent fast.
Also hearing a snip triangle like forms made of water flew towards me.
Snipping again 30 or more shadowdisks began hovering around me , using them as stepstones i evaded the forms with a movement akin to a spiral.
The girl snipping again made a few orbs of water float around her.
Snippig again the orbs started to attack me detacching whips made out of water and relentlessly slashing towards me.
Snipping , before my whole foot got covered in a green aura, i stomped my foot on the ground.
Booomm , a shockwave went through the darkness.
As the wave hit the girl she stumbled and went , facefirst , into the pool.
The orbs dissapearing at touch.
This was a new technique Craven teached me in.
Making the shadows or even light transmit a slight % of my Aura of burning green flames it nullified magic or went through people not burning them but giving them a fealing of fear.
A shockwave made up of bad emotions , creating a illusion in ones head and making them succumb to fear.
Even breaking ones concentration was possible , making magic dissappear like i did with the orbs just now.
The girl now staring at me with open eyes was smiling.
This sent another chill down my spine.

Part 2
"Hahahahahahaha" did i , Xeva the princess of Zephyrs world , let out of my beautifull rose coloured lips.
There was a form clad in black robes laying infront of me.
A few arrows sticking out of her body made me shiver in excitment.
Even after the first arrow hit i didnt know why she didnt get transported away like it would normally happen.
She was bleeding heavily but i couldnt care about this puny human less.

The clear sun could be seen in this illuminated grove of trees.
A figure with pointed ears and a tall built was hovering over a tiny figure which was dressed in a green Armor.
Dagger in hand , that hand drew closer to the tiny figure which lay on the ground.

A relentless mob of small impish creatures with small hornes were protecting the light green armored figure from fireball after fireball.
This figure also laying on the ground couldnt stand up anymore.
Her legs were burned beyond believe as well as a part of her arms and her chest.
The clothes she once wore were of a ashen colour now as the were still smoldering.

A clearly concussioned blue brown coloured set of armor , with a girl inside of it , was still barely holding unto her mind.
She felt like it could only be a matter of seconds before the daze she was feeling took control of her.
Going unconscious as the last blade of Wind struck her she was bleeding out of numerous wounds.

Clicking my tongue at the blizzard enveloping before me i stomped my foot on the ground again.
That white blue coloured robe wasnt what it seemed to be.
I thought at first she was a blue spell user ... but that was my mistake.
The white acutally wasnt white but grey.
She was a blue as well as a grey user.
Wind and water reducing the temperature with strong winds around me she made up pillars of ice or shards of ice trying to cut me up.
Clearly evading all attacks she wore herself down not a match for my speed.
Skating along the ground with my disk of shadow i was drawing closer to her every time i fullfilled one of the spiral motions.
Running around her but still having my body directed at her i was skating along the rocks under my feet.
She got the timing for her magic better every time she used it.
Constantly hearing the snipping sound a shard of ice grazed my cheek.
' Now or never' did i think.
With a loud thumb i hammered my foot so heavy in the rocks beneath me , my whole foot dissappeard.
Instantly reducing my speed and her aim beeing way off.
Kicking of the ground in a straight motion she hurriedly made up a shield of ice to block my attack.
But i was holding a darkgreen Warscythe , Moonpiercer , so it went right through the shield and burried itself in her shoulder.
With a wet sound it appeared out of her back.
She was screaming in pain.
But she didnt dissappear...
" What the hell is going on?" was my surprised voice leaking out.
" Didnt you know until i loose conciousness this battle wont be over..." was the amused remark coming from her.
Letting go with my right hand i smacked her across the face.
She went flying and hit a cave wall.
Then she dissappeared into grey particles.
Another new shiver was making its way down my spine.
Then i turned into grey particles myself.

Part 3
Appearing infront of a huge wall of stone i turned around finding only another wall of stone.
' Most likely a canyon ' was my clear assesment to this situation.
' I probably was the first to finish off my opponent.' was my next train of thought.
Grey particles forming a girls body infront of me appeared.
She was holding a grey coloured bow.
Quiver sticking from her back and her outer right thigh.
SHe wore a dress too short for actual combat but still that shortness gave her freedom of motion.
She had long Golden hair purple eyes and pointed ears longer then any humans had.
A Elf , one of the Zephyr race , our opponents.
' Who did she defeat? ' was i thinking while looking at Xeva the girl i still held a grudge against.
" I hoped i would meet you at the finals ...of well..." did she let out a clearly amused voice.
" Your companions fought brilliantly . Hahahahaha " was a evil laughter heared from her.
Still remaining silent she was staring in my eyes.
" They were so courageos not letting go of their consciousness even after we stabbed burned or pierced them ... so courageos of them to not let the leader be dissapointed in them."
" ..."
" Especially Erica Sulfalur , which i fought against. Her form with arrows sticking out of her and crying in pain shouting 'Iliyan ... help ... it hurts ... Iliyan" was her next remark.
My mouth opened wide i couldnt believe what i heard.
" Referee how are my comrades" did i shout into the sky worried about them fighting back my tears at her words.
She couldnt have known that me and Erica exchanged vows on Saturday but this clearly sounded like she knew there were deeper emotions involved.
After a few moments of silence i heard a voice coming from everywhere and nowhere.
" Game is taking a short break, Iliyan report to the medical center immediatly."
Snipping with my fingers a door formed behind me leading into the medical center of the Morgue on darkrends world.

Part 4
2 Girls were clearly in view and about 20 nurses tending to the wounded.
Kira and Sophie had lost conciousness as i saw them but they only seemed to have some bad cuts and a few bruises.
Still they seemed to be okay for the time being.
Shaking with anger and fear i drew back a curtain to reveal 10 nurses tending to a Girl with waist long brown hair.
Wailing in pain her legs arm and chest was burned.
Burned black , some bubbles forming on her body due to the heat her body had to endure.
The nurses covered her in bandages and applied cream on every part of her.
She was a bit unstable but i closed the curtain again moving towards the last person.
Gluping down the salvia formed in my mouth and still unable to shake this fearfull feeling i drew the curtain open.
Her upper body and her left hand were covered in bandages.
The nurse which usually was around was the only other person besides me around.
Ri my beloved hasnt opened her eyes , she was shaking , but she clearly was unconsious.
Shaking due to a feaver which enveloped her body.
The bandages covering her had 7 areas which were coverd in red blood.
The right and left side of her chest , her abdomen twice and 3 on her arms.
At her wrist her elbow and her shoulder.
Looking at the nurse with frightful eyes she looked at me.
Caring eyes glinting with tears were looking at me.
I knew magic could restore muscles and flesh as well as blood but looking at the blood covered areas at her chest my heart stung.
Vital organs couldnt be recovered ....

" Iliyan...? Did i win?" did i hear Ris weak voice.
Sitting at her right side i was holding her hand and shedding tears.
" No but you fought brilliantly..." did my weak voice return to her.
" I ... tried to bear ... the pain ... to not ...dissapoint you ... keeping my ... c..on..c..ious ...nes..s." She still hadnt opened her eyes.
" Iliyan ... plz ... hold ...my ... hand ... it hurts ... so much...." her increasing weakend voice reached my ears.
As a arrow pierced her wrist her feeling in her hand got severed ....
Taking her other hand i kissed it.
" He...he" was a cute voice coming from her.
While i was smiling her eyes as blue as the endless skyes looked at me.
Even smiling weakly she touched my cheek and caressed it.
" I ... love ...." was the only thing she could say as her lungs couldnt handle the burdens of being pierced anymore.
Rolling her head to a side her heart stopped.
" UUUUUUWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH" did i scream out my pain.

Part 5
Grey particles appeared in the open field covered by grass and a few trees could be seen in the far distance.
Apperaing infront of Xeva she smiled cruelly.
Her curel smile dissappeared as she saw my face.

I , Xeva , was in fear.
ME the princess of Zephyrs World was fearing my opponent.
Not because he was smiling cruelly like he normally did , not even his carefree attitude could make this fear appear.
His facial expression could only be described as nothing.
Not even Anger to what me and my companions did to his mates showed on his face.
Even if he was looking in my direction he seemed to be starring right through me.
Completly relaxed muscles and that other worldly stare made me shiver.

" Referee , i make a request. I as Darkrends son plea towards the gods. I want to fight all 5 of these students." did i say without any emotion in my tone.
" 5? The opponent you defeated is unconsious and has a concussion." was the referees voice telling me.
" Void heal her completly. Or will you poking lazy bastards even deny a request from one of your own kind?" did i let a voice out with hatred , pure hatred.
At th sound of my voice Xeva shivered and 7 forms appeared infront of me hovering in midair.
My Mother was under them and she had red eyes and swollen cheeks , she was crying.
" Son ..." did my mother start but i cut through her speech.
" Heal her now." was the emotionless tone coming from me again.
They disappeared and 4 other forms appeared besides Xeva.
" You sure are confident to fight all 5 of us . HAHAHA . You doom" was a male voice reaching me.
Ive been hearing voices for a few minutes now and they clearly were telling me sth.
So this extra voice didnt matter.
Opening my mouth i said a single word before i receted the words spoken in my Mind.
" DIE.
Turning the 7 colours into nothingness
Darkrends ability i have defied,
Destroying the spells ,
Turning everything into Nothingness,
Being borne under 7 and rising as the 8th ,
Creating my own World ,
waging war on the 7 ,
Ive transcended Flesh and blood ,
are born for destruction ,
my colour being Black ,
black as my soul ,
for ETERNITY."

BOOOOOOOMMMM resounded through the field.
Xeva , the greyblue mage , the fire mage , and the void user whos robes turned from black to white were stunned beyond believe.
Armor appeared on the form infront of them.
A clear suface as a mirror.
Helmet resmebling a demon intimidating and freightening at the same time.
Body covered in complete pitchblack darkness.
The sockets of the Helmet for the eyes had a Red glint attached to them.
Holding in one hand a Sword of about 1m length and the other hand holding a shield.
This shield had 3 spikes on the edges extending outwards.
4 Oval shapes attached to his back they emitted a eerie light.
A sickly feeling enveloping everyone who watched the scene.
At the same time everyone be it intelligent or a animal on all 7 worlds had a shiver running down their spines.
A rift opened up behind the figure and a small Dragon made its way through.
Landing ontop of the figures shoulder it began to transform.
What once was a Dragon had now 6 legs.
4 Wings extending from its back.
Those wings were made out of a clear substance with dark blood pumping through it.
Pincers appeared at the mouth.
Eyes growing larger then sepearating into 8 single ones covering the head.
Scales dissappearing and turning into a smooth surface.
Tale retracting and turning bigger.
This was a shape nobody has seen ever before.
Tharin
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Suffering

Post by Tharin »

As some have already asked me , yes in fact the writing styles are very much alike , so in truth i am DOL.
I cannot access my account anymore so i started up a second one.
SOrry for the admins but i seriously cant access my email adress or the DOL account anymore.
I will resume writing more of suffering.
I am on it bristeling with new ideas.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

this original novel will be under editorial review, please leave a comment on your thoughts about this novel, to help in the process.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Tharin
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Tharin »

Even though im the author i would like to give a statement.

Cons-
First the English is just bad sometimes Repeting the same verb in the sentence twice and sometimes the sentences itself dont make it evident what i was trying to portray.

My Charakters are quite Monotone , since i didnt give any of them Originality ( Like really thinking about how another Being would act in different situations)

Sometimes i cant even bring the Original Story i would have liked to produce across properly.
( Take the first few chapters , being born under the Star signs is good and all but it took me 2 or 3 Chapters alone to make it evident that i was talking about the Constelations of the Stars and i am still not satisfied with the end product.)

Pros-
I guess the only thing my story really has is originality. Or does anyone know a similar LN , Anime or Manga?
I think for myself that the FLow of the Story isnt bad , but on the other Hand that could also be only the Picture of the Story i have in my head rather then the black on white evidence.

Another Strong point i noticed would be the constant Cliff hangers i use in the First few Chapters , but that also disappeared as i became more immeresed in the Story myself.

Although i know that writing a review of ones own Work isnt a honorable thing to do , i doubt on the other Hand that even 10 people have read all of the 27 or so chapters i posted. The lack of post from outsiders makes that indefinetly clear.
Tharin
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Suffering V.2 Chapter 1.4

Post by Tharin »

I don't think that Suffering is fit to be hosted like ' Daybreak on Hyperion' is.
My guess is thats why OnizukaGTO picked this and the other 3 out to be reviewed.
Nonetheless if one wants to add another weakness my writing style has to the List i already made up feel free to post or even a message to me would be enough.
With this chapter i am posting now , i will start up a new OLN.
This will have Iliyan as you know him as the MC and takes place directly behind the events that unfolds in this Chapter.
There are a few reasons why i am doing this the main one is to ensure that i can overcome the weaknesses i pointed out.
Hope to the readers that read these sentences right now to be anticipating the new twist and cliff hangers as well as the new Charakters that ill introduce.

Chapter 1.4 of Volume 2
Spoiler! :
A pitchblack darkness surrounded me.
Nor was i able to hear any sounds.
I wasnt moving at all.
My knees were pulled up toward my chest and i had my Arms slung around them.
It felt warm , nothing distrubed me and i didnt have to experience anything bad anymore.
Bad.... bad bad things ....
Like the death of my beloved ....
Ri her lustrous dark hair , her piercing eyes and the warmth of her skin...
As those thoughts emerged from my conscious the Liquid like substance heated up and it began to boil.
The feeling off boiling flesh was indescribable.
" UWAHHHH " i shouted out in despair.
Not because my flesh was being scaled off but because the hole the death of my beloved left behind.
We were supposed to marry ...
Out of my own Pride she got killed ...
Nobody is to blame besides me.
As these thoughts crossed my mind a person came into view.
Resembling Humans with refined features and pointy ears.
The temperature around me rose again and seared even more of my flesh.
I even could feel bits and parts of my skin peeling off.

I , Darkrend , the godess of the 3 moons and the Green spells turned my head away and started crying again.
Before me was a Magic screen picturing the events that took place on a certain Intersecting Dimension.
This plane used to be a field of grass with numerous trees and a striving eco system off its own.
Now it was just a wasteland.
Craters made up most of the area.
Rivers of Lava flowed between the Craters and sometimes filling them up.
No trees and not 1 halm of grass.
Neither was i able to hear any birds or small animals.
The water that should have flowed gently down a little stream was no where insight.
But what made me cry was none of this.
It was the figure in the middle of the scene.
Giving a wail filled with despair he continued gathering magical energy in his fist.
Something like a black Liquid formed on the palm of his outstretched hand.
Flowing down like the person in the picture had a fresh wound on his arm , it looked like blood was dripping from it.
Giving off an eerie feeling and sending cold shivers down ones spine , that was what the liquid gave off.
With another cry of anguish the liquid that dripped down flowed backwards to the palm.
Forming a thin circle at the Palm , the surface was as clear as a mirror but no reflection could be seen from it.
Measuring about 3 meters across the thing which was holding it shouted once again and rammed his palm towards the ground.
After a few seconds the Dust dispersed and a new crater was born.
The Demon like helm and the with spikes adorned Gloves was a true sight out of a nightmare.
Not one speck of flesh was visiable as the Armor covered the entierity of the Person on the other side of the screen.
Illiyan Osson , the first Son i ever had and the last child i will ever bear.
This was a vow i made for him and myself as the unfathomanable events that led to these circumstances unfolded.
Loosing the first person he was deeply inlove with to another race ...
Going even as far as mocking the corpse off his beloved minutes after she died ...
Also the pressure that weighed heavily on his shoulders , for all of humankind ...
At first it appeared he was carefree but he was so much like me i couldnt imagine that he didnt care deeply for the people i created.
A year has passed since the events unfolded that led to this.
Every one of us gods tried to stop him one way or the other but it wasnt possible.
We couldnt enter the realms of mortals.
Using the Bodys Void made for us was also not an option , we didnt posses any power in those > Dolls < even if our mind was in them.
I even added to his misery ...
Commanding the highest ranking Green spell users i made them create an Illusion where his beloved Ri was still alive but that only enraged him more as the Illusion wasnt strong enough.
Nothing could be done he would forever be in this state.

I , Darkrend , didnt even care for anything anymore.
The plain which i drew my power from didnt speak with me anymore.
Not because it was angry or depressed , no but because i neglected and ignored it.
After half a year it stopped speaking entierly and i didnt try to talk to it.
* Hey Iliyan , my son , i miss cant you come back to your senses? * did i try for the 100 time today to speak to his mind.
The silence continued and with this the 100 try failed.
Watching him on the screen and trying to talk to him was the only thing i did now.
Not accepting any Users of my spells or granting any wishes , not even caring about the situation the World i created was in at the moment.
Being on my knees and holding my own shoulders and sobbing or crying all the time , that was also an action i did repeatidly for over half a year now.
But nothing will change ...
Nothing ... change ...

Another year passed and the gruesome tragedy that was still fresh in the minds of some withdrew and became a thing of the past.
Floating around in nothingness I , Iliyan Osson , felt warm as usual.
I stopped thinking about everything.
Being wrapped in this warm feeling and totally devoid of influences to my mind i was at peace.
Once i tried to figure out were i was but my flesh was scolded by searing pain once again and i stopped thinking about it.
At another occasion i remembered the days with Lily , Daisy , May , Sophie and Kira.
In the next instance i thought about Erica Salfalur ... my beloved .
Searing pain was felt instantly.
I wasnt able to tell where i was or what i was doing my whole mind was occupied with nothingess or immense pain whenever i thought about certain events.
Remebering the events that led me into this state something came to mind.
The chant.
'Turning the 7 colours into nothingness
Darkrends ability i have defied,
Destroying the spells ,
Turning everything into Nothingness,
Being borne under 7 and rising as the 8th ,
Creating my own World ,
waging war on the 7 ,
Ive transcended Flesh and blood ,
are born for destruction ,
my colour being Black ,
black as my soul ,
for ETERNITY.'
As i chanted it something whispered it into my ears.
First i expected it to be the Mass of Land my Mother was on , but it had a deeper tone then that one.
Nonetheless something whispered those words into my mind and i couldnt grip anything of my own self besides Hatred.
Hatred that filled my whole being.
Replacing happiness , sadness , care and even my fickleness.
A seering hot pain went throughout my body as my thoughts strayed to Ri once again.
... Then i tried to think of nothing once again.

Another year passed.
The planet of the Humans declined more and more.
Swarms of Goblins , Orcs and other Demi-humans started to invade more and more of the Land.
They already took more then 80% off the whole Planet.
This was partly due to the lossing streak off the Humans.
Also to blame was Darkrend herself now.
She has lost her will to fight , even more precise she lost her will to Live.
Not having enough magical power the troops of the Humans lost battle after battle.
This was due to Darkrend not giving her suspects enough attention and thus their Magical Power didnt replenish fast enough.
Normally when Students of the > Morgue < began their 6th Year of Studying they would have excursions to the Frontlines and gain some battle experience.
Not winning any battles due to missing magical power they had to take other means.
Everyone on the Morgue academy was ordered to the frontlines with repeating cycles off Academy time and then back to the frontlines.
Even the first years off about 15 Winters of Age had to fight for their lifes.
When this was first introduced about 50% of the first years died in the first battle.
Protesting Officals wanted to shove the responsibilty onto others but in the end nothing changed.
Humanity was meeting its end.
Generals estimitated the time until the Capitol city of Alycar would fall.
Everyone was in shock at the little time they had left.

Another year passed until the gods called a meeting.
Darkrends planet hasn't won one battle in the games during the last years.
They just couldnt afford even one mage to do a battle that wasn't connected to the survival off their race.
On a certain Moon filled with grey planes and vein like apperances off Green ore , 6 Forms appeared out of thin air.
One a Giant with fierce blond Hair that gave him the impression of a Lion.
Another one with pointy ears and long smooth grey hair.
The next one had black skin that could only be seen at his hands , mouth and Eyes the rest was covered in White bandage like Cloth extending from his head were 2 red horns.
A short being was the 4th. He had a bulky build and was about 1.3 m tall and had a brown beard that extended all the way to his waist.
Blue scales covered the 5th beings body but she still looked Human.
Last appeared a white sikly appearing being. Having no hair and fallen in cheeks it gave off a feeling of death. Topping this it had a long tail reaching from under his robes and wiggling around.
6 beings which not many have ever laid sight upon approached a Blond-redheaded figure with Curls.
Darkrend was still after all this time still sitting with her knees on the stony floor.
Crying and crying at the Magic screen infront of her.
Touching her shoulder there was no reaction , after the Godess of the Elves Zephyr approached her.
Now the being with the tail approached her.
Not saying one word he put a Golden Orb made of crystal infront of her.
With this all 6 figures dispersed the same way as they came here.

Not being able to stare at the screen anymore I , Darkrend, looked away from the screen for the 1000000 time or so.
I was still crying but something caught my interest.
' What is that' did i think.
' It is the Golden Gem.' did the Land around me voice out.
' ... ' i didnt reply back not caring enough.
' The others want you to imprison the 8th in it.'
They spoke of my Son in such a defiying manner ... because they are scared.
Even using this was their last line of defense.
After the Humans fall nothing would imprison Iliyan anymore and if he didnt kill off the Demi-humans himself they would join him.
If he regained his memorys somewhat he would remember that he can make a portal to any other Planet he wished too.
Since it was the Gods that errected the > Townsgate < in the first place to help the citizens populate the area better the 8th God has the same ability.
Though calling him a God wasnt the correct term.
He had a Human shell as he was born Half of a god.
Being a male his powers could become God like but he will never achieve this state.
Loosing himself in Hatred his powers exceeded anything predecended but the Gods were still stronger.
Nothing could stop him if he decieded to attack another Planet since we gods can't directly interfere.
But since he lost himself his power couldnt ever grow past his current state.
Now those bastards want me to imprision my only son in the Golden gem ...
The Golden gem was a device created with the combined powers off all 7 Gods.
It entraps the essences off everything which it is used on.
One wouldnt even need magic powers to use it.
Sucking up everything in the vicinity when it was activated it was a fail save plan to entrap Iliyan in it.
The same as we have trapped > him < inside of it once.

I was still surrounded by the pitchblack darkness.
Sometimes i didnt even know if i had my eyes opened or closed.
Still having my Knees up at my chest and my arms slung around them i existed in this space.
A while ago i noticed something.
I remembered my flesh being boiled off my own bones from time to time but that hasn't happend for ages.
Tryingh to search my memories i found nothing.
Remicining about that something changed.
Far far off in the distance i could see a light which expanded rapidly.
Curiously i unslung my Arms from my knees and tried swimming to that light.
Even though my swimming didnt bring me closer in a rapid pace the light already enveloped my entire field of vision.
A few seconds later it illuminated all of the Pitch black darkness.
Closing my eyelids to protect my eyes from the danger of being sizzled into their sockets had no effect.
The heat was unbereable and i turned around just to find my back being burned.
But as suddendly as it appeared it also disappeared.
Being so intense my eyes were still blinded and i could see nothing but white through them.
So i closed my eyelids again.
Pulling my Knees up once again and slinging my Arms around them i retook the position i was used too.
Suddendly i heared a roaring laughter opened my eyes again and looked around.
The pitch black darkness was switched out with Grey mist that felt cold to the touch.
Scanning the area even more i saw a huge figure infront of me.
Being at least 2.5 m tall the figure was rather thin.
Having a long beared that reached his chest and long hair they were both filled with the color of age.
One eye was pinched shut while the other one was as blue as the sky.
Wearing something that once was a Golden robe , it now looked more like yellow and brown rags.
Authority could still be felt from those robes as well as the Person that wore them.
A pipe between his cracked Lips perfected the apperance he had.
" I wouldnt have thought they would send you here " did the booming voice of him resound.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Thank you for your input Tharin, since you wish to abandon this OLN, however since you are effectively creating a "sequel" we can effective consider your new novel as part of a "series".
I will de-nominate this OLN and re-consider your "series" at a later date.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Creative works”