The Song of the Old and mythical.

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

DOL
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

The Song of the Old and mythical.

Post by DOL »

Chapter 1
Spoiler! :
Part1
I wiped the fresh purple blood of my Dagger and put it back in the scabbard to where it belonged.
Ive already ventured this basement of the old castle on top of the hills for days...
Just as i cleared this room which finally had a door with a wooden bolt which could be put in place to barricade the door.
Normally i had to stay at the front lines and fight off hordes of Orks ogers and other Goblinoid creatures wich tried to invade this Human Kingdom.
The Company sized Army wing to which i dedicated my strength and loyalty too served at the North pass to this Kingdom.
This Kingdom of Razak was surrounded by a huge mountain range which covered a distance of 60 Days,from west to east, by foot and 40 Days from north to south.
There were 4 Paths directly located at North , West , South and East through the Mountains.
Ventures already tried to locate other passage ways over the Mountains but as they were so high that they were always coverd in snow nobody could find any.
But at this moment i had free time 2 Weeks of holidays which i saved up over the last quarter of this year.
So i ventured around the Towns on the brink of the North passageway.
Then i found this flier on the missions taskboard.
This old Castle which has been abonded over a few centuries ago was a nest for creatures.
Those creatures would capture a few children every Moon period.
So i had to eradicate everything in this basement and on the top floors.
The Upper level floors were easy to clear and not a single creature attacked me.
But this basement ...
Ive already encounter countless Scavengers , demihumans with less Intelligence and they looked like Rats on 2 legs as well as some huge Spiders.
I got a map from the major of this town as i told him i would explore the Castle and rid every pest out of it but it looks like the Map was utterly incorrect.
2 Days ago i left the premises the Map pointed out and got into new rooms floors and stairs.
No end was in sight and if my bio ryhtym wasnt completly off it should have been 4 days since i started this mission.
3 days of Travel to this town and 4 days of venturing.
So i only had 4 days remaining before i needed to travel back to the Northern pass.
The Major promised me 2 bags of gems , which was a respektiv sum of money , if i made sure no monsters would appear anymore.
But if this continues i couldnt tell them i cleared out everything.
I unpacked my provisions for today which i always kept to a minimum.
A loaf of bread and a bottle of water for now later on 2 more bottles of water.
It should be around midday now.
As i was eating i pulled out >both< of my daggers and checked them for cracks or if a piece of Metal chipped of.
I couldnt find any and as i finished the food i unpacked 1 grinding stone from my bag.
As i was halfway done sharpening them again something loudly banged on the door.
It didnt sound like sb was knocking more like sth banging his head on the door.
The bolt which i put in place made another cracking like sound and started to give way.
What is wrong with this place , did i think for myself.
Scavengers and Spiders everywhere and even if it was a rooten piece of wood to bolt the door nothing should make the wood splinter like this.
I stood up from the sitting position on top of my bag and readyied my weapons.
And waited for my prey to come to me.

With another loud bangs the door flew open and the now splintered bolt for the door came thrashing through the room.
There was a Ork standing still were the door was a few moments ago.
The room was empty only a backpack lied on the floor and a bottle of water right next to it.
The Race of demihumans Ork had green or black sickly looking skin attached to there Flesh and bones.
They were of a rather sturdy build allmost all Muskels and the green ones didnt have any brains.
The Black ones were intelligent enough to be treacherous and vile to en extent that no Father of a precious daughter could be when he found you and his daughter in her bed together naked.
But this one was green.
So i felt rather relieved black ones could be a real pain as you tried to fight them with all of there bulky strength.

The Ork entered the room and looked in every corner of this Room.
It only had one Door the one which he just barged in through.
He was now scratching his head in puzzlement and let out a rather angry grunt.
He had the typical rusted Armor which didnt fit him very well a rusted Sword wich almost looked like a saw thats how chipped it was.
But that sword was as long as i was tall and about 20 cms taller than the Ork was.
The Ork wasnt very big for one of his race.
But those muscles granted them inhuman strength.

The only other thing in this Room were 1 pair of Yellow shining eyes in the Right corner of this room.
The seemed to be glued to the Celing.
There was a single Torch illuminating this 15 foot long room wich was held by the Ork.
The Ork stood at the wall opposite of the Door.
He was rummaging through the backpack which lay on the floor.
The pair of yellow eyes made theyre way to the floor.
At about a heihgt of 1,80 m above ground the stopped.
Those eyes began closing in on the Ork.
Soundlessly craving for blood those eyes started squinting.
Those pair of eyes were right behind the Ork now.
The rest of those eyes could only be made out as a shadow as the Ork was holding the Torch infront of him so his figure blocked the Illuminating flame from everything in a straight line behind him.
In this almost utter Darkness a muffled screeching sound of Metal could be heard.
The Ork turned around and directly something pierced his right Armpit with a sound of somehting wet been ripped apart.
As the Ork spun around so did the Torch as he was holding it in his right Hand.
He looked upon a figure of a rather dignified Presence.
He was tall well muscled and on top of that Humans would call him handsome.
He had long almost white Hair wich extended a little bit beyond his shoulder blades.
He was clad in Metal arm and legguards and a Leather Torso Armor.
Those yellow eyes could belong to an Ork if it wasnt for there brightness.
He wasnt the epitome of thin but no one could call him fat either.
The most peciular thing were his Pointed ears.

Part 2
I was on my way to the Townhall to collect the fee for this Mission wich i had cleared 3 Days after the encounter with the Ork.
Surely i will bargain for more , this was just a ridicioulus hard mission and it took me 4 Days longer then what the Major described.
Then even the false information of the Map.
Those were things which always made Traveling mercenarys suffer fatal injuries or death on the Spot.
So i arrived at the Townhall.
I went straight into it and didnt even bother that the receptionist was shouting somehting after me as i barged directly into the door in wich the Majors office was located.
" Im back old man." i exlaimed with a rather annoyed voice.
I could faintly hear his sneer as i entered the room and he lay sight on me and my apperance at the moment.
I was covered in Purple blood from the scavengers as well as green , of the Ork and yellow from the spiders.
" So here are your 2 bags of gem take them and get out of here." did he say after he heaved 2 bags on his table.
" You´re information wasnt correct and there were alot more Monsters then u said there were."
" So what does one like YOURSELF want me to do about it?" did he reply arrogantly.
" 2 more bags of Gems." did i claim in a serious tone.
" Get out of here u filthy rotten excuse for a Human being before i get the Townwatch to take care of you! " did he shout in my direction.
" This will have a demoralising effekt on the Army of the Northern pass wich i am part off , Major." did i tell him and grabbed the 2 bags full of gems wich i opened hastly to take a look inside to see if there were Gems inside.
" Northern Army , PAH! You arent part of the Army you are just a Trainy at the Military Academy up North so dont be full of yourself. Now begone from this town and never come back!"
I left the Town without seeing any Human on the roads which was rather suprising for this afternoon in a town with almost 1000 people living in.
Ahh probably they hid themselves as word spread that a >Suicar< was visiting this town.
I was one of the descendants of the >Suicar< race after the War outside of the Kingdoms.
The World outside was now filled with all types of Demi humans , they seemed to count me as one of them.
Only a few Kingdoms like this one were still intact and stubbornly clinging to theyre territory.
A total of 10 by the last news.
After the War wich the Humans Dwarves Elves and a few even less counting races fled to these Kingdoms , there were 25.
15 had already fallen to the Dark Hord which was lurking outside or have been given up after the natural resources of Minerals or water were depleted.
At every Capitol of the Kingdoms were gates located from which you could travel to other Kingdoms , if u had enough money or influence in the Capitol.
At first they were used to mass transport Troops from one Kingdom to another to defend the borders of every Kingdom.
But the last few years have been harsh.
More brutal attacks have been started on the Kingdoms.
More of the black horde swarmed every Kingdom.
In this Kingdom , were i lived at , there lived about 200000 people.
So it was the smallest one of the remaining Kingdoms.
But with the help of a huge squad of Dwarves we were able to build Fortresses in every Passageway.
So for now we were rather safe.

Every race except the Humans had to serve at the Passageways for 20 years and defend this Kingdom with their lives.
Male female Child ... The Humans outnumbered every other race by a far margain.
There were about 150000 Humans and the other races were together not more than 50000.
The greates fraction of theses 50000 were Elves direct after that Dwarves.
Those 2 were a perfect match to defend the Walls and gates of the passageways.
The Dwarves upfront with their heavy Armor and high Shields.
The Elves manned the Walls with their sharp eyes and exceptional accuracy with the Bow.
The Dwarves and almost everyone serving at the Passageways stood infront of the Walls so that no ladder or siege Tower could touch the Walls.
It was an effectiv tactic wich held of centurys off attacks.
As the attacks of the Black Hordes kept incresing in size and ferioucesness there were heavy losses on our side but they still couldnt touch the walls.
Even a few Humans were in the Armys.
Mostly Criminals but most of the Officers or commanding Generals were Human.

Part 3
I WAS part of the Northern Army , okay not yet.
I was in the Academy for Militäry Arts which everybody who wanted to join , or had to , the Army had to go through.
This Academy has been built in the east side of the Mountain wich shadowed the Passageway east and west.
There was even a Academy for Magic Arts on the west side.
They bombardet with their Magic all Catapults Tribocks or every long range siege Weapon which the black Horde built.
Even big squads of Enemys were engulfed in Flames or showered with Stones sometimes even Lightning bolts rained down on them.
Even if distrusted they proved to be efficent.
The only problem with them:
They could only use a certain amounts of spells a day and had to refresh their memories of the Spells after a long meditation and sleep.
We had a total of 100 Mages and about another 300 apprentice Mages in the Northern Army.
Still there were over 8000 Men an Women trained in battle so the uneven numbers were strictly something which couldnt be ignored.
Not everybody could become a mage , everyone who had to serve in the Armys needed to go trough a checkup for magic.
They were examined and were shot with concentrated Magic if somebody reacted , flinched , to it one would become a mage.
I didnt flinch so i was put in the Military academy and have been there for 1 year already.
And momentarily had a break wich was granted us every half year for 2 weeks.
To visit Family , see some of our World or other things.
I didnt have a Family any more they fell 2 years prior.
The also served in the Army and i was even born here.
This Academy wich i belonged to an was traveling too was the place of my birth.
My family lived in a City located outside of the Passage way a 2 hour walk away from the Walls.
They both were one of the last few remaining pure blood >Suicars<.
I havent met any other pure Suicar in my whole live except of my parents.
After they died a pair of Elves , which my race closely resembled , took me in since they were friends of my parents.
I didnt want to bother them since they already had Kids close to my age and so i singed up 2 years early to the Academy.
I was going to be 17 shortly.
It was mid Summer and my birthday was at the End of Summer.
Just when all of the leaves of every tree turned Brown with falls calling.
As i was thinking this i traveled North bound through the great woods.
Those woods covered a total days worth of traveling and were a direct way to the Passageway.

The 4th Day of my travels a little bit after the sun has risen i reached Northgate.
The settlement directly below the Passageway.
So i entered the City intended to go directly to my Room.
My room was located at the outer rims facing the Passageway and in the Ward for Academy students.
There were about 500 young Males or Females located in this building another 2 more of these buildings were located directly besides it.
So 1500 almost Adults training in the Academy for military arts of Magic arts in this North passageway.
It took 3 years to go trough training.
For Mages as well as Fighters.
Every year about 500 new students arrived from all over Razak arrived and started training.
All passageways got the same about the same amount of students.
I was in my second year.
And the new students just arrived a few days prior.
The excitment of new Students just seemed to subdue.
I havent seen any of the new faces yet since i took this time off.
Exactly to avoid the rush of new faces.
I always stood out with my Elv like apperance but slightly more evil looks.
Blond almost white long hair.
Thoroughly trained muscles which almost nobody could compare with not even the bunch of muscles named Dwarves.
Dark skin which naturally was so.
I didnt need to tan to get Dark i was like this every time of a year.
My Yellow shining Pupils which resembled those of a Ork or Goblin.
Every time i was cut somebody screamed as if despairing.
All of the races which took refuge here had red blood.
The blood of Dwarves was darke than humans while the Elves blood was a lighter shade of red.
But my blood was blue.
So every time in training somebody would cut me on purpose to give class members a panic attack.
Sometimes they even just tried to piss me off with doing so.
Nothing could get me out of my calm apperance.
I was just calm outside , inside was a total other matter.
At first i told our instructors but they wouldnt listen.
Even the instructors sometimes treated me not slightly fair.
Since i was a Suicar nobody cared about it.
In their eyes i was just another Demi Human on which they had to keep in their line of sight to not get backstabbed.
Normally the apprentices took off in groups for >vacation< every half year with their friends.
I absolutely had none.
Nobody wanted to get involved with a Demi Human like me.
The elves tried to befriend me since a few knew i was raised for a time by one of their kind.
But they started getting abused too.
So they quit talking to me and i ended alone again.
I was used to it and could only endure it.
I arrived at my room threw my backpack and both bag of gems in the locker which was designated for me.
I lived in a room with 20 double bunk beds.
So a total of 40 roommates of varing ages races and even gender.
Since this was a Military building they couldnt differinate between Gender , thats why it was like that.
I threw myself on the top Bunk which was my bed and quickly the Sleep which i had been lacking for those 2 weeks took its tool on me.

Favourite Light Novel:

Re: The Song of the Old and mythical.

Post by DOL »

Chapter 2
Spoiler! :
Part 1
I woke up the next morning i slept in far early yesterday after my adventure.
It should be around 4 am the perfect time to wake up.
I still wore the same clothes as yesterday.
I got up and took some cleaning tools and soap out of my locker.
And thus i went for the washing rooms.

It was a room with about 40 basins for cleaning ones face or bruhsing ones teeth.
About 20 Showers were located in the back of this 2 section room.
I directly went for the showers.
I only had a towel wraped around my hips and the rest of my clothes i left in one of this rooms Lockers.
I rubbed all of the sweat and dirt of from traveling and hunting out those creatures.
While traveling i took a quick bath in the cold water of a river but i didnt have any soap with me so now i was getting rid of everything wich still stuck to me.
The Soap helped with the Purple Green and Yellow blood in my Hair.
Now its natural white with a bit of yellowish tinge came back into sight.
Later in the Day another lesson will take place.
I normally stand up at this time to wash myself in peace.
If i stood up at a regular time of about 5.30 am i would have to share the washing room with alot of other people.
It always ended bad with my clothes being used to wipe onesself feet with from a human.
Or other odd stuff.
So i avoided this by getting up early.
This was one of the things which i took joy in.
A Peace of mind while getting clean.

The other reason i stood up so early was to get some light running training early while nobody watches.
My parents while they still were alive told me this once.
Never use your true capability infront of Humans or any other race.
I ran as fast as a Horse.
I even had enough stamina to outrun Horses.
My reflexes were that of a wild mountain cat when it was cornered ready to Jump at the hunters.
As ive said a little running training was about a march of 20 kms from the passageway into the woods and back.
I did this in about 30 minutes.
A distanz of 40 kms in 30 minutes wasnt something a normal horse could do while carrying a rider.
If anybody would see this i would just be more alienated then i was now.
Some abuse was okay but if they started treating me even worse .... i couldnt imagine i would keep my calm then.
That was another reason why i traveled alone.
If i fight with my natural gift it was easy to ward off a few dozens of enemy at one time.
If i had followers with me , like on a mission from the Academy itself , i always had to fight like a human.
This was rather hard to do since i was 5 times as fast as a human whilst in battle.
Even my mind worked on a total different level than those of Humans.
I could easily oversee battles and see where a line of defenders was crumbeling and go to their aid.
Since ive been in the second year of my training ive been helping out at the frontlines to kill of remains of the black Horde.
They hide in the cliffs or holes in the Mountain along the passageway.
Ive even entered a cave which was as wide as a few hundred steps in one of those missions.
There we had a batlle with a few hundred Goblins.
Tricky little creatures.
Not good fighters but when driven into a corner you will need a good portion of luck as a human to go out of this battle unscathed.
The group which i belonged too was erradicated completly.
12 Soldiers one mage apprentice me and 3 other Soldier trainees.
Only about 50 Goblins were left and i was still uninjured at that time.
But as i was alone at that time so i released my true ability.
Goblins Orks and other creatures of the Black Horde have an ability wich lets them see far better than a Human at night with little bit of illumination.
They even had some torches to grant them sight.
But i used one of my natural abbilitys which resembled magic alot.
I doused the flames from the Torches and it became pitch black in the cave.
The Goblins fearfull and uncourages by nature went into a state of panic as they realised what they fought against.
I had Darkvision.
Even without illumination i could see in an pitch black enviorment about 50 feet ahead of me.
So i killed all 50 off without taking to much damage.
I few scrapes with mindlessly flailed about swords or speers.
Even a heavy pierce from a short sword which hospitalized me for 2 weeks.
DIrectly after those 2 weeks i had a trial.
They claimed me off killing of my comrades and making a deal with the goblins to let me escape after i told them the Story.
The only thing that saved me was the heavy pierce i took.
They couldnt find any evidence since every scrape slice or the Pierce i took had the usual brown flakes of a Rusted weapon to it.
So they realised i only took blows from the Goblins.
They even laughed at me when i told them i took care of 50 Goblins by myself.
I shouldnt have told them from the start.
They ridiculed me and said that there were probably only 5 left.
That was the first and only time i told Humans the whole truth.
I didnt tell them about my abilitys which wouldve only made things worse for me.

Part 2
I often encounterd little groups of goblins by myself in some cave for the past few weeks since ive been in my second year.
I told the superiors on the battle field i would scout the Dark caves and they agreed.
Most likely they even felt releaved to have me away hoping i would get killed.
Even if i couldve led another life as a farmer or a smith i couldnt have done it.
I ate normal food.
But if i couldnt drink blood or eat Flesh from those creatures it would drive me insane after a while.
At first i just felt a never ending hunger and thirst while i was in my first year of training.
It almost drove me to the point that i snapped at everything and it was hard to keep my composed face while being abused.
The first time i ventured in a cave after a battle i figured it out.
My group at that time split up and i found a barely alive Ork in a side arm of a tunnel.
I quickly sliced his throat with my dagger and then my thirst took over.
I couldnt control my hunger anymore.
I bite through flesh and muscles of the corpse before me.
I was like in a daze and couldnt control my own body anymore.
It tasted alot like pig as i sucked the corpse dry and even licked the part where i sliced open his throat.
When i could control my body again i vomited for a time.
But after a few encounter like those i got used to it.
Not that i wanted to but i didnt know what would happen if i couldnt do this anymore.
My parents never mentioned something like this before.
And after the first time i drank the blood of those creatures i could see in the Dark and douse flames.
There was an attack every 2 weeks on the walls.
So i "restocked" every 2 weeks on these urges and always volunteered to go "hunting" in these villages.
I always kept a bottle of blood on me if an attack would take more than 4 weeks.
There were periods of time when those monsters didnt attack for 6 weeks.
Thats how i prevented those urges.

I even tried human blood once during a time a classmate of mine got wounded and i had to drag him to the infimary.
As the nurse wasnt around and i checked the surroundings i whiped his wound with a finger of mine and put it in my mouth.
It tasted like nothing i had tasted before.
It tasted like the excrement of pigs smell.
So i never tried it again.
Ive drank mostly blood from those creatures only if 4 or more weeks passed and i didnt have a drink of blood because my emergency ration was already depleted i ate some Flesh of off their bones.

I had 2 pairs of teeth located in my upper and lower Jaws.
The first pair looked exactly like those of humans elves and dwarves.
The other pair looked more like those of a Ork.
Pointed sharp but still white.
Those teeth were hidden most of the Time.
They first broke out of my Jaw and somehow replaced my normal teeth as no attack occured for 9 weeks
I took the emergency ration i stored somewhere in town after 4 weeks.
But as the Army just left the corpses of the Black Horde outside to rot i couldnt restock.
After another ´4 weeks after the emergeny douse i felt a sharp pain during one of my showers at morning.
I bleed the usual blue blood out my jaw and directly went to a mirror.
I could see these sharp pointed teeth.
I was shocked and instantly thought about the possibility that it has something to do with the Thirst i felt.
I thought about the consequences if somebody found out about it.
Burning or beheading were the 2 things i could think off.
Normally somebody would get tortured if he defected from his training or the Army itself before his 20 years of service.
But in the Northern Passageway there were no torture instruments.
At least i havent heard of any beeing around or anybody getting tortured.
But as i normally didnt smile or eat in the mess hall where everybody ate it didnt become a problem.
Shortly 5 days after those teeth appeared an attack came and i thanked every god i knew for it.

We had countless Gods in this Kingdom most worshiped > Azakiel the god of Honour< or >Feritas the god of War< in the Northern parts.
Before my mother and father died they told me we of the God the Suicar race reveered to Stryk.
She was the goddess of the >Hunt< or >Chaos<.
Another information which nobody knew off and i couldnt tell anybody.
I worship something that reveers Chaos...
Not that i wanted to tell anybody but still.
My Parents wanted to have some serious talk with me the day after they went into battle.
Most likely to tell me about this thirst and all the other stuff.
I always knew i was something else than those Humans or other races around me.
Not only this dark Skin or those yellow eyes which made it clear that i was different.
But my being itself was different i could tell as i turned 6 years and started to go to the pre school which took place in a Tempel and was overseen by Nuns or Priests.
Nobody approched me and all seemed to fear me the first day they saw me.
I came back crying into my Mums arms.
She tried her best to comfort me and i asked why i feel different than those other kids.
She just told me they would tell me if i was old enough.
Nothing more at that time.
Sometimes simple things leaked out of my father though, when he came Home drunk while my mother carried him.
Like those things with the running and reflexes which hadnt developed at that time.
They became apparent when i turned 13.
We even went out on a trip a few days after i got this muscle strength and endurance.
For 2 weeks when they had a vacation we just ran through the Forest at the Border to the Northern Passageway.
It was a lively memory with my Parents.
We did nothing but play around , run through the thick forest at an incredible speed avoiding every tree.
At first i hit a few trees and even uprooted one while i hit it really hard.
We laughed and hunted for Food while we were in this forest.
We played around and took baths in big ponds together which were located somewhere in the Forest.
But i never saw them drink blood or eat some strange Meat.
Always before they went to sleep we worshipped Stryke but i stopped that after they died.
I didnt even know if there were any Suicars left.
My Parents died on this Northern passageway , as both pairs of their Parents also did.
I sometimes wondered if there were a few Fellow Suicars left or if i would ever get a female companion , since 2 years prior i started taking notice of all the Females around me.
But i didnt want to mate with a Human or Dwarv an Elf would maybe be okay since they were easy on the Eye but i doubted i would find a companion under them or in this situation.

Part 3
I Finished the running training earlier than 2 weeks prior by 2 minutes.
Im still in the spur of a growth spurt as it seems.
Im getting faster and my reflexes get sharper.
Since the Darkvision started i noticed myself getting sharper and more flexable.
And now im getting faster.
Im definetly not normal, i thought about myself.
I was taller than any Human or even Elv around.
Another one of the traits of Suicars .
A human had an average height of 1,65 m and Elf about 1,75 but i towered even over the tallest Elf ive seen so far.
I had an height off about 1,85 and was still growing.
We had a regular Endurance and mesuarment Test every Month while in Training.
To see if we needed new Armor or for injuries which frewuently happend.
Even if we were in Training we visited the battlefields after half a year of the first year.
At first we started collecting the corpsed of dead Comrads.
And burned them in a ceremony.
The gifted under the Trainees even started to explore Caves or Holes in the mountain while still in first year like i did.
Thats what those tests were for.
They mesuared our Physical condition and in combination with battle Training and sparring fights they deduced whom could go and explore caves or who just "cleans up the battlefields".
Normally i always filled bottles off Blood while in those caves and drank them after those tests.
Always after i drank it my Muscles would swell and it would undoubtly be evident that i was >Inhuman< .
So i never drank blood , except the first time , at the Caves or on the Battlefield.
I noticed the sweeling after the First few encounters at the measurement.
The started noticing and me at the same time too.
If i hadnt drank blood for a month my Muscles would be as normal as a Humans.
My reflexes were still sharp as well as my mind , even my running speed would just be slightly off.
But my arm strength and the Power from which i could propel myself from the Ground from to attack from above would decline.
After every drink of blood i measured myself and always noticing my muscles being larger than before not by a big margin , but just slightly enough to notice.
Before i had this hunger i was only about 1,50 m tall.
After i drank the first couple of Blood bottles i got into a growth spurt.
Every 3 months i would grow by 5cms to 7cms.

If i remember correctly my Father was a giant of about 2m.
My Mother was with 1,90 m slightly behind him but still the second biggest Person on the battlefield.
They even had nicknames on the Battlefield.
The >Whirlwind of dancing blades< were they called by all Elves and some Dwarves and other subraces.
They were avoided like they had the Pest from every Human soldier or Commanding officer.
On the Battlefield they left nothing before them were always covered in Blood and never stopped moving.
The stood back to back and synchronisized there movements 100%.
My Parents once told me.
While my father took a step , with his left leg, infront and a little to his left side , my mother would never take her heel of off his.
Then he dragged his right foot slighlty besides his left , with his back turned 90° from his starting position.
My mothrer matched his footing.
Then my Father repeated the Step till they had used all 360° of a circle while brandishing their weapons at every foe which came in reach.
They seemed as if dancing with this special grin on their faces.
A face of pleasure and exctasy as my Foster parents told me , the elves which i lived with for a while.
Thus they seemed as if Dancing and spinning around with only laughter resounding in the perimeter of their fight.
There were even times when they reached a speed which made their outlines blur.
Thus the Nickname >Whirlwind of dancing blades< .
That was the reason which i tought my Parents had the same thirst as me.
Blood splattered everywhere even fetching blood drops while fighting.
It was a clear image of my fathers roaring deep resounding laughter in my mind.
It always helped me through my Day thinking about it.
He brandished the same Daggers which were now straped on me .
One at the back of my waist easily accesable with my left hand if i twisted my Arm around the right side of my Body.
The other once was attached to the Leather torso i wore.
Its Point was safely kept in a Scabbard between my shoulder blades.
The heft or sword guard of the Dagger reaching almost my Waist.
I had a few other Daggers hidden everywhere in or on my Armor at all times.
Those daggers were more like throwing knives barely 15 cms long while the daggers were about 50-55 cms in complete length.
If i fought while in a group i had a Spear of 2,10 m length.
It was easier to act normal with a spear while the Daggers were clearly best suited for a fight which used quick reflexes and great speed.
So i only drew them if i fought alone.
The spear was made of 2 Parts the heavy Head and about 90 cms of the Shaft.
The other part could be easily attached like a screw to the Upper part.
They were always put in a loose leather pouch at my left hip.
The lower part of the Pouch was open so the ends were sticking out.
It even was fixed to my leather belt that it spread of 45° behind me so the long 1,20 m Shaft part wouldnt reach the Ground.
I just needed to pull them ot of the Pouch and fix them together.
This took me about 10 seconds.
But i still prefered the 2 Daggers alot.
I washed my face again as alot of other Trainees started to show up in the Washroom.
And so i went to the Messhall to catch a quick meal before i left off to the Training grounds of my Class.

Part 4
It was a rather short walk of 3 minutes from the Wash rooms to the messhall.
But i checked up on my Bed and locker again before heading there.
I already had alot stolen out of my Locker so i always checked it before i left directly after i returned and went to sleep.
After the quick check up and making the bed , which i couldnt do before because it was rather loud to do it if u slept in the top bunk, i left for the dining hall.
As it lay directly between the Washroom and the messhall it only took me 1 more minute to get there.
A few of the tables were already in use.
As usual the Humans Dwarves and Elves kept together.
The other 2 Tables were in use by the other subraces.
Lizard like Volk with scales and reptilian heads which lived in swampy areas.
Gnomes which were good Marksam which lived underground in caves , while the Dwarves lived in Mountains that were above ground.
Even Humans which resembled wild beast alot the Gresonaires they were treated like the rest of the subraces even if they were humans.
I saw alot of new faces here.
Most likely only first years around at this time, they wanted to make friends and meet others of the same race.
Only about 15% of the new trainees every year came from the Northern parts.
The Rest were mixed from everywhere.
Central or even some from the Western Southern or Eastern part.
I took a quick stride to the Counter and got the same breakfast as every one else.
I greeted politely the Lady behind the counter which gave the food out.
" Good morning Elisy , how are your Children fairing?" did i ask her.
" Ahhh very good , Catthun , how was your Morning training?" did she ask with a light smile on her face.
She knew of my extraordinary powers of running and my muscle strength as well as my sharp mind.
But she didnt know of the blood thing.
She was also the Female partner of the Foster parents whom took me in after my parents died.
" Faster than before" did i reply quickly and in a low voice.
" You know that Eryska joined this year dont you?" did she ask me with a warm smile on her face while passing me a tray with bread and a light soup.
" Oh no i didnt , but why did u bring this up now`"
" Oh my dear little Catthun , because if you turn around u will find it out."
I looked puzzled at here and turned around with the tray now in hands.
There i saw here.
Hair Yellow like the every swaying grain in the dry but Hot summer winds.
Also Long and silky which reached the bottom of here Hips but trimmed shortly , too shortly if somebody would aks me , in front of her eyes.
Pointy ears which curved elegantly behind her temples.
Piercing Green eyes the color of Grass at morning still wet with dew.
Small but a little bit protrudent red lips the colour of Roses.
And she was waving enthusiastically at me.
She was sitting with a group of other Elves.
I sighed and left off to sit at a way back table as to seclued myself.

Chapter 3
Spoiler! :
Part 1
I sat down at a table which was far off and almost in a corner.
This place was in the Shadows every time of the day.
The mess Hall was a seperate building then the one where the Sleeping Halls where located.
It was Built openly and was on its west and east side easily accesable through one of the Portal like openings.
This building had a north and a South wall where the counter for Food was located.
The west and east walls were made out of Stone pillars which arced like a circle on top.
This supported the red tiled roof on top.
The Table which i sat at was in the far North eastern corner so barely any light reached this place in the mornings.
The Sun had just begun to set it was 6 o clock.
A Person beautiful enough to make Fairies jealous was taking step after step towards me with a still full tray in hands.
" Catthun dont ignore me you idiot!" did she say with a rather refreshing smile on her lips.
" If u sit with me you are going to be shunned." did i claim in an almost inaudible voice.
" You are part of my Family if they shune me because of that i dont care!" did she bail out with anger in her voice.
I sighed again and nodded towards an empty chair.
She didnt take the chair which i nodded too but the one right besides me.
Too close did i think for myself.
We could barely strecht out like this as our elbows touched while grabbing something.
" You could move over , it would help the cramped feeling at the moment" did i tell her.
" Dont want to, i like it like this."
" Do whatever you want." another sigh.
She was also a person whom knew my little secret.
So even if i felt uncomfortable at the moment i still felt rather relieved to finally have somebody whom i could talk to and share thoughts.
The first one since ive joined the Academy.
" So how have you been doing Catthun?" did she ask me after she saw that i finished my meal and was about to leave.
I sat back down again.
" Been the same since ive joined. But my abilities keep rising." did i tell her in a small voice so nobody would overhear us.
" Wow i would love to see you in action on the battlefield." did she say with an amazed expression on her face.
" Maybe in 6 Months , but you will probably end up on the walls like every Elv does." did i tease her a little bit.
" You should still remember my Skills with the bow?" did she Reply with puffed up cheecks.
" Yeah thats why i said it." a laughter which sounded like it Stones crashing down a mountain sounded my laughter.
" Ahh the usual laughter how much i missed it *sniff*" did she say rather playfull while faking tears.
Even if they were foster Parents they treated me very nicely and all of their 4 Kids liked me alot especially Eryska which cried as i left for the Academy.
She was a year older than me but since ive joined the Army 2 years before the last chance to join up out of my own free will i was ahead a year.
She was a horrible marksman.
She couldnt even shoot a horse out of 5m distanz.
Thats how horrible she was.
She was an expert at using Shortswords or Spears though.
With the Spear she was way more adept than me.
If i used normal strength , hahahaha.
She would be suprised if she saw me now.
" Hey ... um ... Catthun? Mind if we train together from tomorrow on?" did she ask a little shyly.
" You think you can keep up ?" with a little evil grin on my face.
" Ill try if i cant , um ... want to do some weapon training ?" still a little shy.
That wasnt like her, she was the most straight forward person i knew something was off but i couldnt put my finger on it.
" Sure but ill always fight with full force since i cant beat you if i mimick them." did i state my mind.
" You should know that i wouldnt want to have it otherwise Humans are pushover anyway , HAHAHAHAHA" her laughter which always felt like she was laughing with all of herself pure and a little bit sophisticated.
The statement before made the Humans a little bit to our left side turn their Heads.
I saw it and stared coldly at them.
Those yellow eyes sure helped in these situations.
They immediatly seemed like they shuddered and turned their Heads into another direction.

Part 2
We parted ways directly after that conversation.
So i went for the Training field and drew my Spear out of the pouch.
I linked it together and stroked it shortly.
Then i began my practice swings a thousand times the same as usual.
Those one thousand swings were normal.
They helped my Body to remember this "orthodox" fighting style so i wouldnt use to much of my inheritated Strength or speed in battle.
It didnt mean i couldnt use it while using this spear.
After the half of the thousand swings my classmates started appering.
As i was finished our Instructor came and told us to do a thousand weapon swings.
Also the same as usual this time i didnt swing but thrust my spear.
Every time i Thrust swung oder sliced with the spear i imagined an Ork or a Goblin infront of me.
It made the time fly.
It took everyone 3/4 of an hour to complete this.
Since our muscles were stretched now our instructor told us to run 20 Laps around the Track.
Not much of a burden 1 Lap was about 400 meters so 20 were 8 km.
Nothing compared to the 40 kms this morning.
I reduced my speed and kept closely behind the Elves in my Class i was third the whole jog.
It took me about 30 minutes to complete the first and Third just slightly before me.
We all were highly trained a year of rough shaping up and training made us to hardend almost Soldiers.
This was necessary in battles to survive so never even once anybody complained not even at tht first days of Training were everybody had blisters or wounds from falling.
Even i was sore after 1 thousand swings with a spear.
I didnt have any blisters though.
After the jog we went to Target practice.
Everyone had a Straw puppet with a circle on its chest to stab pierce or Slice.
First we had to put up the Straw dummies though.
They were prepared from Farmers around the Northern passageway.
But we still had to put them up.
We hang them from a rope which was fastend on the dummy at sth like a straw belt at its hips.
The dummy was supported by a wooden construct which looked like an upside down >L< so a gallow.
They were even used as real gallows if somebody defected and he was caught.
After we put them up we practiced around 2 hours on them.

As this was finished we left the ones which were still hanging there and went for another jog.
This time with a backpack with 50 kgs extra on our bags.
It was something akin to traveling beyond the Passageways for scouting missions so we kept joggin or some trodding along a path.
The distanz we left behind us wasnt defined but when the sun was at its highest our Intructor which always was at front told us to rest.
Nobody left the tight packed group.
We were 40 people in this class and the slowest one was our front runner and me and the elves were in the last places.
We always had to stay together on these types of missions so the slowest was up front so we wouldnt leave him behind.
We walked all the way up to the instructor and he nodded to us.
It was a shallow grove of trees.
There was a nearby river which i greadily took a sip from.
I was thirsty after the long March.
After i drank everybody also did.
In these kind of exercise everybody always drank after me.
Not out of generosity.
My sense of smell also seemed superior to humans as i could even discern the slightest margain of poison in fluids.
Even food that went bad which u still couldnt see from the outsides i smelled.
I put my bag down and everybody was out of breath except those who where in the back.
The elves also had superior leg strength and endurance.
Even Dwarves had superior strength to Humans.
Gnomes and Lizardvolk always were upfront because theyre statur and built wasnt cut out for these things.
They still had to participate.
Everybody is treated equal in this Training.
So we ate a few bites of the rations which always were packed for this kind of thing.
An hour later our instructor told us to return so he took the lead.

Part 3
We came back to the Training fields at about 3.30 the only thing left today was Sparring training.
This was the only thing in which i used a part of the superior strength.
The Humans started to spar with me all the Time and wounded me so they could call me a freak or Monster even Demi human alot of times since it was blue.
After i showed them my superior Strength and speed normally no Human would approach me.
But Elves and Dwarves always asked me to spar with them.
I always tried to keep my scores evened out in these kind of events.
But i couldnt resist to always win one or two more spars than i lost.
It was the fighting spirit of mine which i couldnt get rid off.
Naturally if i revelead all of my even to Elves and dwarves superior Strength or Agility i wouldnt loose a single battle against 2 or more people at once.
Even against archers there shouldnt be a problem.
But i couldnt even the Dwarves or Elves would start calling me Demi Human then.
They havent called me that once.
Except for the sparring time nobody talked to me.
Nobody really trusted me.
We sparred with wodden Swords or Staffs made out of Wood.
This way injuries were kept to a minimum.
Ive sparred against 7 people ive won 4 and lost 3.
After the 7th battle i went to the Keg filled with water at the edge of the field.
I filled a bucket took a big scooping Spoon and took a mouthfull.
The thirst still didnt subdue ... the periods are getting shorter i thought to myself.
After i drank another scoop full i emptied the bucket over my head.
It cooled me off significantly.
I sparred another few rounds.
2 Elv females came up to me and they took turns.
Those 2 Elves were the Spear and short sword best out of this class.
I didnt even bother to use the wooden spear and got me some wooden Daggers.
This was a time i always looked forward too all day.
Even if i didnt use all my speed , about 30% to not make it obvious, it was a close call every time.
I never lost to these two thats why they always came to me.
They were unparaleld if u compare them to the rest of the class.
But to them i was the only one capable of taking them head on.
As we fought i always evaded the Strikes with the slightest Margin.
Every Slice i bent my back so i wouldnt get caught.
I even disarmed them sometimes while twisting both of the Daggers locked onto the sword or Spear.
I knew they got frustrated over time but i didnt expect this to happen.

Part 4
" Catthun , you know you always fight us with your true strength but there is more right?" did the both tell me as we sat on the field because i needed to catch my breath.
" You know those elves eyes are to sharp...." did i say with an almost inaudible voice towars both of them.
" So we wondered will you show us your real strength now?" They both rushed at the still sitting me at the same time.
I left my Wooden daggers a little distanz behind me so i instinctively pulled out both real daggers in a blink of an eye.
" Thats .... cheating girls ...." did i say.
" Dont use real weapons Trainees!" our instructor shouted.
He came by running pretty fast.
He was the epitome of a Dwarv.
Long jetblack beard with traces of Grey , rough a little tanned skin.
Also long black and grey hear hanging firzzily from his head.
His beard almost reached his belt.
The most impressive feat of him were those Arms of his.
Almost as thick as a tree trunk came jutting out of his Ringmail.
But only one he lost one of his Arms in a battle.
Thats why he served like this he trained us.
Almost all instructors were Handicapped like this while protecting the Passageway.
The Few which werent injured were Humans since they were the reserves or just didnt want to be on the frontlines.
" Instructor , please let us use real weapons , you know that our skills are good enough!" did one of the Elves claim as the other nodded.
" If anyone gets injured they will have to do double the Training every Day without breaks till they catch up!" did the Dwarv say as he sighed.
All three of us nodded.
So a little circle formed around us.
Every one of the classmates wanted to see this.
The first authorisized real weapon fight between this classes class mates.
The Humans among them which definetly were few compared to the others seemed to enjoy this the most.
2 beautifull Elves and the Demihuman fighting.
They natuarllily thought i was going to loose against 2 at a time.
No time to hesitate now my fighting spirit wouldnt let me loose.
I walked shorty over to the 2 girls which readied there weapons as they looked puzzled me walking over.
" Listen Girls , I will use all of my strength now , everybody will call me Demihuman even more but promise me one thing. Keep fighting with me."
They both nooded a bit puzzled and a bit arrogant as they would both charge me at the same time.
" I will be the judge , if anyone is almost at the Point of an injury i will halt this , understand?" did our instructor claim as we stood 20 meteres apart and both parties were ready.
All three nooded and so we began our fight.

Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DOL »

The Song of the Old and mythical chapter 4
Spoiler! :
Part 1
It was around 5 pm.
Opposite of me at about an 20m distany stood 2 beautiful Elv females.
They had long necks sharp features and certainly big eyes.
One had wavy shoulder lenght hair.
The other one had Hair to almost here Knees but now she had them braided an it limply hung down over her shoulders at her right side gliding along the subtle hills which stood out at her chest.
Both Yellow hair which looked like wheat in the last of fall.
Graceful and slender arms and legs.
Both those Arms were my problem.
On held a straight shortsword of about 70 cm length from tip to the back of the heft.
The other one had a spear ready and its tip was pointed directly at my Chest.
Both of them wore Armor almost identicaly to mine.
A Studded leather Torso Armor Iron leg and Arm guards.
I had 2 50 cm long Daggers in my hands.
One arm was extended toward them my hand was twisted to the side so the blade was at about an height of 1,50 m above ground and followed the line of the earth beneath my feet.
My other arm was bent behind me while my elbow was 90° spread off.
My Hand and also the dagger was at my hip level.
Nonetheless the Piercing tip of the Dagger was pointed to my feet.
[img][IMG]http://s7.directupload.net/images/130824/temp/5qqd4w26.png[/img][/img]
I told those girls shortly before we all took these stances that they had to keep fighting with my during sparring exercise.
This would be the first time i would go against 2 people at the same time and i wouldnt hold back one bit.
I was standing on the West side of the training field and they stood on the East side.
So i had a disadvantage as the sun sank slowly to the horizon and they had the sun in their backs.
The Exercise field was covered in grass which slightly had like a ripple going through it caused by the early summer breeze which momentarily blew from me towards them.
My Almost white Hair swayed in the wind and caused it to elegantly flutter.
The breeze got caught under my studded leather Armor and colled me off a little bit.
I quickly scanned for my throwing knives which were hidden somewhere in my Armor.
I had about 10 off them and planned to use them to disrupt those almost ungiving stances they took.
I always fought them alone and only had to use 30% of my real strength against one of them.
But the elves were not only widely respected for their marksmanship but also the cordinated attacks of Squads of 20 or more people so i couldnt take this lightly.
I would go for 100% Strength right from the start.
Most likely everybody would start to abuse me even more than they already did but i couldnt care less at the moment.
My fighting spirit was ignited and wouldnt let me loose.
Also i found one true friend amongst the new Trainees which arrived a few days prior.
The child of my foster Parents , since my real parents died protecting this Kingdom.
Eryska a girl beautiful beyond believe.
Piercing green eyes astounding Hair which almost radiated.
Long neck slender arms and legs and also a slender waist line.
She was the most beautiful Girl i have ever met in my already 17 years of age.
She was 18 but since ive joined the Army at age of 16 she was 1 year behind me.
The Normal age of every person when they had o join the army was 18.
Nevertheless Humans only joined if they wanted to or were Criminals.
Some humans did this to get into a officer rank and almost everyone of them wasnt fit for that job.
In This world humans always were treated better.
Every other race was shunned to a certain extent.
The lower the count of that race the more they were shunned.
Elves and Dwarves were widely trusted.
But me as one of the Suicar race , i havent seen another of my race except my parents , was widely shunned and abused.
Nothing of this mattered at this moment.
The fight was about to begin.
Our One armed instructor raised his hands and shouted.
" BEGIN"

Part 2
They charged toward me both back on back.
10 m before me they changed plans one went left of me the other right.
So they wanted to flank me and give me a Hard time dealing with blows from 2 sides.
I needed to back off.
I kicked the earth simultaneously while beding my torso and head back.
So i flew about 5 meters backwards and landed safely.
The still charged at me but this time i did something else.
I stowed away both daggers and drew 4 throwing knives from my Armguards.
I held them between my index and middlefinger and middle finger and Ring finger of each hand.
5 meters before they would start attacking me but this time i bent my whole body forward and kicked the earth again.
I flew 10 meters forward and they halted their steps and turned on the spot to chase after me.
I instantly bent both arms a little behind my back and used them like wips to hit the air before me.
I aimed at both of them with 2 knives.
I didnt have time to check if they hit.
I drew both daggers and charged towards the spear holding Elv.
As i started running i could hear 2 Sounds which only could be identified as Metal clanging on Metal.
The short sword wielder didnt evade but blocked them with the Blade of the sword.
It threw her out of her stance and she couldnt instantly rush towards her comrad.
As i rushed with all the speed i had in my legs towards the Spear wielder i saw her evading both knives easily.
But this was my chance her sides were wide open and i charged straight at her.
Grim determination in my eyes i reached her and bent the right side of my body back to backhandly slice at her Waist.
She evaded with a backstep but she couldnt swing her spear at this range.
I drew closer again and with my left hand outstrechted i tried to stab her.
She swung the end of her spear from the ground clockwise up and directed my stab out of harms way.
I couldnt let loose in this kind of situation so i twisted around her at an unbelievable speed and tried to pierce her back.
This time the sword wielding Elv got in the way and stabbed from my left side towards me.
So i directed my Stab into a wide swing and the tip of her Short sword hit with a Ring my Armguard.
I lifted the soles off my feet off the ground so only the heels remained fixed to the earth.
I spun around tried to slice the Sword wielding elv girl with the dagger in my right hand simultaneously i tried to pierce the Spear Elv.
The spear Elv blocked it with her Armguard and the Sword wielding Elv took a step back.
The sword came with an outstrechted Arm attached to it directly at my Chest.
I blocked it with the Dagger in my right hand as i crouched to the ground and spun around.
My left hand was free so i stabbed behind me where i thought the other Elv would be.
This time i hit home.
The insides of her thighs had a light scrape to it and a red line of blood came out.
" HHAAALLLTTT!" resounded a booming voice behind us.
The instructor saw my strike hit home and so he called it a stop to prevent serious injuries.
I relaxed my tense muscles and unlocked my dagger from the short sword.
The two girls stared at me with blank expression as i got up from my crouched position.
I quickly stored away both daggers and went to fetch the Knives which i threw.
All 4 of them were firmly fixed in the ground.
I retrieved them and put them concealed under my Armguards.
My whole class didnt say a word and i looked around to take a look at the expression they wore.
All looked kind of puzzled.
Suddenly our Instructor called it a day and we left for our housing building.

Part 3
I sprinted towards my Room.
Nobody else was around yet so i quickly took of the Armor i had attached to myself at this moment.
I put it neatly into the Locker which was assinged to me.
I quickly checked the gem bags i got the other day and grabed a new Green tunic and some Blue linen pants as well as my Washing tools .
I left for the showers.

After i took the shower i put my dirty close in a Linen bag of cream color which also was located in my Locker.
Then i took off for the Messhall to get my 6 o clock meal.
They always started preparing food before hand but at 6 o clock the first trays went over the counter and i was the first to arrive here.
That was why i sprinted of the fields.
I wanted to take a shower alone and eat alone.
I sat on the usual table and quickly started to eat.
I finished a third of it as others began to arrive at the counter.
One of the first other few was Eryska she took a tray and conversed shortly with her Mother who handed out the trays.
The Mother pointed towards me and i sighed while watching it.
Eryska had a Green headband in her Hair which was flowing neatly between her shoulder blades to her waist.
As she walked towards me she had a satisfied grin on her face.
She had the exact same food on her tray as i did.
A piece of seasoned Meat bread and small amount of vegetables such as Carrots and beans.
She loved meat to an extent that it wasnt feasible anymore.
She still wore this overly satisfied grin as she sat down directly besides me.
Our elbows already touched as she sat down.
I sighed.
" I know you love meat but what is with that grin? " did i ask her as soon as she took a Fork and a Knive in her hands.
" I dont smile because of the meat , but you will see why i am grinning like this in a short while" did she claim with an even brighter smile than before exposing her teeth a little bit.
If anybody looked closely enough that person could see a big question mark above my head as i thought about that rather cryptic message.
We continued our meal in silence.

Part 4
As i was half way finished and Eryska caught up at a speed which could only be called wolfing down her meal , she suddendly stood up and waved her hand towards the counter.
I could only see the back of the Person she was waving her Arm at.
There i saw a female figure which was almost as tall as i was.
She had straight silky black hair which went all the way down to her behind.
This kind of black color radiated a kind of eerie yet familiar feeling.
Those hair didnt look like the feathers of a crow but more like the complete pitch black surroundings when i stood at a cave entrance and looked inside.
I could see her legs which were very long and slender covered in black Socks which extended way beyond her Knees and came up all the way to her Skirt.
Her arms were bare as she wore a sleeves one piece Dress as black as her socks.
The color of her skin got me a little excited though as ive never seen anything like it before.
It was the color of marble , as white as anyone could get almost as if she has never seen a ray of the sun before.
She turned around with a full tray in her Hand and as she lay sight upon Eryska she waved back enthusiastically.
As she drew closer i could make out her well refined features.
The tight fitting one piece dress exposed her slim waist and round hips.
She didnt have much of a chest , even less than Eryska from who anybody could tell she was of a slender built.
But this girl not only defied the apperance of a fairie but made Fairies look like a bunch of Orks between the black Horde.
As she took another few steps something caught my interest especially.
Those eyes the were of a Deep purple and radiated through the Shadows which the setting sun cast.
I could see her turning her head slightly and looking to the right side of Eryska , towards me.
She halted her footsteps and opened her already big eyes even further.
This not even lasted for a second but with my quick wits i caught it instantly.
Even tough she had a rather Pointy chin , as all Elves had , the rest of her Facial features were rather round and made her look alot younger than she actually could be.
She looked ,except for her height and those smooth curves in her waist line , like somebody around 15 years old.
What also caught my interest were those Pointy ears.
Not as Curvy as Elv ears but rather Pointy.
Exaclty like mine.
" >Catthun Cerykson< this is >Amalia Grandason< one of the Suicar race!" did Eryska suddenly claim.
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Wow, 17 chapters from 2 fanfic stories in less than a month. You are on a roll DOL. :o
DOL
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Chapter 5

Post by DOL »

Chapter 5

Spoiler! :
Part 1
Eryska just told me that her friend the Fairy like apperance standing infront of me is of the same Race as myself.
I thought about every possible reaction i could have at this moment , remain speechless , laugh it off and make a joke maybe even excitedly talk with her.
I dwelled deeper in my own thoughts and got my conclusion.
" Good evening Amalia..." was the only thing i could come up with.
Sure there were alot of questions in my head which wanted to get answered.
It even felt like a real tiny Dwarv swung a 2 handed Hammer inside of my head wrecking everything.
So in short i had a headache.
I started eating my meal again as if i wasnt stuffed between 2 of the utmost beautiful Girls ive ever seen.
But heck i was just so lost in thought at this moment i couldnt care less about my freedom of movement restricted.
Both of them looked into each others eyes and had a complex expression about them.
A mix between puzzlement , unbelieve and even a slight trace of frustration.
" So Catthun , i heard your parents died 2 years ago...." did Amalia try to strike up a conversation.
" Yes but i wonder whom told you such a rather personal Story..." i glanced an irritated look towards the Elv.
" Oh she just told me it was 2 years ago, before she told me that a Suicar was alone by hisself a year above us."
" Why it is so peculiar that one of us is alone." did i reply still a little annoyed.
" As males of our race turn 19 they have something like a >Cooling< off ..."
" Oh but im not 19.." did i state as a matter of fact while stuffing some vegetables in my mouth.
" I thought you were a year above me and Eryska?"
" Yeah sure i am but im turning 17 shortly."
Silence utter eerie silence consumed this table.
She rose up and grabbed my shoulder forcefully.
She started walking off and i rose to my feet ,then she dragged me behind her as i fidgeted with my arms and stuffed the rest of the Meat in my mouth.

I just got dragged outside of the messhall and we left Eryska behind.
We were momentarily standing at a small forest about 10 minutes by foot away from the Northern passageway.
She dragged me all the way here and didnt even let me walk by myself which i told her every 10 steps we took that i would be fine walking by myself.
Now she had her eyes locked onto me and was almost oggling every inch of my Body.
" You will seriously turn 17 in a few weeks?" did she say with a rather suprised voice.
I nodded not entierly sure what she meant with that.
" What is it that is different with yourself from Humans?" did she aks me as i was rather suprised by that question.
I wasnt sure how to react i kept everything a secret up till now even if she was one of my race , or claimed to be , i didnt trust her at all.
" Huh?" was the rather intelligent remark i made towards her.
" ... Are ... you ... playing ... dumb?" did she tell me as if i was rather stupid.
" Tell me what extraordinary powers you have already developed and which are still dormant." she asked me this rather kryptic question with a serious tone.
" I dont know what you are talking about at ALL!"
" Are you really playing dumb ...?"
She took off immediately.
She ran into the forest behind us at an unhuman speed took a few hundert meters away a sudden turn and came back to where she was standing the moment before.
" Thats what im talking about."
" Oh that sure i run pretty fast and all...." did i reply sarcastically.
" Catthun by Strykes name get a grip off yourself and tell me already."
I let out a big sigh and decided hiding would be futile at this point.
" Teeth , speed , reflexes , mind , vision and Flames ." i racked up everything i could do in these few words.
" Huh?" did she state this time.
My face showed a rather pleased evil grin at this moment.
" ... Are ... you ... playing ... dumb?" did i imitate her voice.
She was holding back her anger , as her red face fit for a rage implied.
I laughed out hard while holding my Stomach.
I even bent over as my laughing was a little to hard to handle with my current upright position .
As soon as i wanted to tell her everything about those Special traits i held inside of myself a Clear and Metallic sounding Gong went through the Northern passageway.
Somebody must have hit the big Bell located inside one of Towers of the Wall.
There was one meaning to it.
The Black horde was scouted by one of the recon squads which held camp BEYOND the Passageway.

Part 2
So we both ran at an Human speed towards our respektiv housing building.
I ran up the stairs.
I arrived at the Sleeping hall where my Locker and bed were located.
I just opened it and the one on my right hand side also opened at the same time.
I didnt have the time to worry about it though so i quickly attached both Arm and Legguards in a blink of an eye and closed the leather straps with buckels on them so they wouldnt hinder my movement.
The next part was my leather Armor.
I put my arms through the holes and adjusted the leather belt to it.
After that i closed the front also with leather straps and buckles.
Then i put one the leather gloves and put both daggers into the scabbards as well as the spear into the pouch.
I took about 20 Throwing knives with me and concealed them everywhere around my armor.
3 under each Arm and legguard.
I stuffed 10 into the leather pouch where my spear was located.
The last 4 were placed inside of my Armor.
Normally i wouldnt get to fight at the frontlines beyond the wall but this time something unbelievable should happen.

As i was finished putting my Armor on and stored my weapons safely my Instructor the one Armed Dwarv came up to me.
" Catthun as of this time you are suited to test your prowess beyond the Walls ."
" What?" was the only thing i could shout at this moment as i slammed the locker door shut.
A second similar sound resounded directly after the first.
" Trainee Cadet Amalia Grandason reporting SIR. I will fight with Catthun , sir." did she reply in a serious tone while saluting my Instructor.
" As of now Privat Cadet Catthun Cerykson has gained in rank and will fight on the Frontlines" did my Instructor state in a loud voice for everybody to hear in the premise.
" Also he will gain a room with only 3 other elite Privat Cadets." he attached to his statement from before.
" But Amalia , you just arrived here a few days before you should stay behind the walls." did the Instructor quote with a rather warm and caring voice.
Amalia got out of her salute pose and walked with long strides towards the Dwarv.
She whispered something into his ears which neither I nor anybody else besides those 2 could understand.
The Dwarv had a look of disbelief and resignation about his eyes.
" Trainee Cadet Amalia will also serve on the frontlines as the Personal servant of Privat Cadet Catthun." he stated this also in a loud voice turned about and left this place.
A moment of utter silence.
" What did you tell him ?" did i ask her in a almost inaudible voice.
" I told him the revival of the >Whirlwind of dancing blades< ." did she calmly reply.
" I dont know where or whom you heard this from , but you are one crazy *Mikuru* "
She laughed everything i just said off and gave me a blow to my shoulder blade.
" Are you going to fall in Love with me now?" did she state with a serious voice and a broad grin on her face.

Part 3
After this obscure szene with the Instructor we immediately took of towards the walls.
" Hey , tell me are we going to use every ounce of strength we have for this , i dont want to die and all." did i calmly reply towards Amalia who was jogging at my side.
" Yes everything we have got, but it will be bad in this Kind of light if it gets darker with only torches it will be hard to discern friend from foe..."
" What are you talking about ? What about the Dark vision?" did i ask her rather rudely.
I just then realized that this was a trap for me to tell her more about my own abilitys.
" What the hell is Dark vision?" did she ask me while looking at me puzzled.
" Y-You dont know? "
" Never heared of it."
" U-Um i can see in pitch black darkness? "
" ...." silence from her.
Silence from me in return.
" I think we need to have a long talk after this battle." did i calmly state in her direction as we were almost at the Gate which led beyond the Walls.
" Are you going to put your endloss love for me in words then?" did she say with a Happy face and expecting voice.
I lightly dealt a blow with my whole hand to the back of her head.
" You sure are full of yourself right?"
" Hey i was serious about that"
" Whatever lets first survive this battle and leave everything for later."

We came up to the gate and i told the my name and Rank.
" Privat Cadet Catthun , i shall serve at the frontlines! This is my servant Trainee Cadet Amalia."
They opened a small door inside of the big Gateway and waved us trough.

On the other side was a rather , even for a Dwarv , short figure.
He had a long red beard which came down under his Chest but couldnt reach his stomach yet.
" Are you Privat Cadet Catthun?" did the Dwarv adress me.
" Yes SIR " i saluted as Amalia did the same.
" Very good Privat Cadet follow me we will be serving his Majesty in the Central core at the very first line today."
I couldnt believe what i just heard.
Only heavy Armored infantry with shields were located in the mid frontlines.
So to call the Vanguard of this Army , the central core whom everybody put their trust upon to hold line.
We kept following the Dwarv before us until we reached the very peak of the First line of Heavily armed and armored soldiers.
The sun had just set and it wa about 8 o clock in the evening.
Blackness surrounded us with only some Torches illuminating the surroundings.
I looked beyond the Mountain range which made the passageway.
Countless Torches could be seen there slowly advancing like a Dragon towards the entry of the Passageway.
The resounding of war drums could be heard in the distance and countless heavy footsteps resounded from the Walls of the Mountain.
The passageway was about 500m across and only Heavy Infantry stood there at the front.
Except for me and Amalia.
Behind those Heavy infantry were Humans dwarves Elves Lizardvolk and other races brandishing Spears between the Wall of Shields.
I took a deep breath and one Elv grabbed my shoulder so i would notice him.
I spun around and looked at his well distinguishable features.
He wore a Complete set of Armor not letting 1 cm of his bare flesh showing while brandishing a Tower shield almost as big as himself and a longsword.
This longsword hanged limply on his waist still in its scabbard.
" Privat Cadet Catthun i am >Lord General Sinthoras< i am your benefactor for everything to come. After i heard from your Instructor your capabilities against my 2 daughters in the Sparring match today i told him to get you on this battlefield. Also if you prove to be worthy and dont die this time you will forever be treated equally even amongst Humans. I guarantee for this. Also you dont have to sleep in those 4 Bed Rooms and not even in the 40 man bedrooms anymore. I will pay for a small house in town for yourself and whom ever you want to spend your time with . I did this for your Parents as well so you will get That house back. You will herby swear your Allegiance first to his Majesty the King and after that to your Lord , myself!"
" Sir , yes Sir . But ive got a request."
" Speak your mind before the battle , none shall ever left anything unspoken before the Battle." did he solemly reply.
" I wish for this Trainee cadet , Amalia to be in the same Position as i , i guarantee that she will fight as vigoursly as myself."
" So shall be it both swear your allegiance and you both shall live together in your Old house."
Oh crap i didnt want to force her to live with me , i just wanted to relieve her of the abuse of the Humans.
" I hearby swar my allegiance to his Majesty the King of Razak , as well as my allegiance to his Lordship Lord General Sinthoras the Elv!" did Amalia calmly say without one hint of hesitation.
After her i went to one knee and did the same.

Part 4
Sinthoras the father of the seemingly Twin Elv sisters in my class grinned and told us we will act as we see fit.
We should disrupt the enemy by jumping into the mids of the Lines of the Black horde after they clashed with the Central Shieldline to buy some time to switch out injured or relieve some pressure of the defenders.
The rest of the time we would get enclosed behind the Shield lines.
We even had 5 Archers apointed to us for the sake of getting us out of the mids of battle after we disrupted the enemy attack.
Sinthoras told us they were in his service as we both are now , they wouldnt betray me nor Amalia.
Amalia was slightly nervous , most likely because this would be the first time for her seeing the Black Horde directly.
So i grabed her shoulder lightly ans gave her a warm smile.
" So you really love me and want to live with me , ey? " did she happily reply to my cheering up.
" Maybe that was my intent directly from the start , Amali~~~~a ." did i quietly whisper into her ear.
She instantly got flushed cheeks and the red color even reached her pointy ears.
As i saw the ears going red i started tracing them with my exposed index finger.
I have seen my father doing this to my Mother when they were still alive.
So i did the same to here this time.
To my surprise though she Spun around widely and had a look of utter confusion on her face.
As well as eyes opened so wide it almost covered half of her face.
" D-D-Did you r-r-really just t-t-t-t-t-t-raced my e-ears? "did she almsot cry out with bewilderment in her voice.
" Calys thu ....." did she state with her face as red as a tomato.
I just wanted to ask her what she meant with that but a shout resounded from Sinthoras voice silenced me.
" Here they come , hold this line , because this line is your Mother which nurtered onesself to this point. Hold this Line to not let the Dark Horde abuse the soil in which our fathers returned to for an eternal rest. Hold this line so our children can hope for a bright future which lies ahead of them!" did he state this rather encouraging speech.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “Creative works”