Volume 8, Chapter 5

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

jumjum
Astral Realm

Re: Volume 8, Chapter 5

Post by jumjum »

INCREDIBLE, you finshed chapter 4 just two days ago and already done with chapter 5, I salute you.
lol make that 4 in one thread XD
Spoiler! :
Now has anyone wondered what Gandalfr, Vindalfr, and Myozunitonirun mean? I did a quick search and I got stuff from Lord of the Rings for the first two O_o. Also, anyone want to take a guess at who these people are? Saito is obviously Gandalfr, Vindalfr at first I guessed was the secretary lady that was controlling the king of Albion (forgot her name), but the definition doesn't really fit IMO. Also, Myozunitonirun was introduced for the first time this chapter (or am I wrong?) so I was thinking it was Tifa, but then that wouldn't make sense because these things/people are there to help the void user so it must be something of Tifa's, I don't know just a guess.
I wasn't sure if all that needed to go in a spoiler thingy, the first half most people should know.
Hubb
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hubb »

Great job dark, I'm looking forward to reading more about Louise now!
SeaWolf
Astral Realm

Post by SeaWolf »

The lord of the rings borrows both Gandralf and Vindalfr names from north mythology. They were the names of dwarfs. Note that norse dwarfs are not like our modern idea of dwarfs. Now being of norse heritage i probly should know more about this but i dont, sorry. I really dont understand the japanese obsession with norse mythology, its in freaking everything it seems. I was able to get a break down of gandalfs name though, it means something like spirit protector... although acually: alf = elf and gandr= wand. Oh yea and dwarfs in norse mythology have a strong link to elves.. the evil ones.

Bah im done rabbling, anime normally takes a loose interpretation of norse meaning with it characters and such so i wouldnt read much into it. BTW i cant wait for ZnT's Ragnarök! =)
DKrayl
Astral Realm

Post by DKrayl »

WOW what amazing speed :shock: . yesterday i took a look at the chapter and it wasn't even translated 1% and today its finished. Great job Dark.
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Gandalfr, Vindalfr, and Myozunitonirun are the familiars.

Tiffa is a void mage. Not a void familiar.

Louise - Gandalfr (Saito)
Pope - Vindalfr (Julio)
Joseph - Myozunitonirun (Sheffield)
Tiffania - ????
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Can anyone remind me how was the whole Tiffania's family explanation scene done in the anime? (I always keep forgetting anime scenes - they are just too forgettable)
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

Darknemo2000 wrote: And if you are sharp enough i think you can guess who that old acquaintance of Tiffania sending her and the children money is... Not hard to guess if you consider who from the known characters is connected with these particular lands near South Gotha.
hehe.. I guess I'm not sharp enough when I have 2 important test coming.. and don't have much time to look through the chapter to find the person in question..

ah but I've got 1 theory though
Spoiler! :
don't tell me it could have been Fouquet, and that's why she was stripped of her noble title..
Venz
Astral Realm

Post by Venz »

awesome, chapter 5 already done :D
excellent work dark!
Zyzzyva165
Senior Project Translator

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

Nerevarine wrote:Haha, look at that...
we have another member of the "joined B-T just to praise Darknemo2000's awesomeness" fan-club
Lolz. At this rate, I think we can get the sufficient numbers to set up a Darknemo's Fan club, or else a shrine like Haruhi's... XD
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
jumjum
Astral Realm

Post by jumjum »

Darknemo2000 wrote:Gandalfr, Vindalfr, and Myozunitonirun are the familiars.

Tiffa is a void mage. Not a void familiar.

Louise - Gandalfr (Saito)
Pope - Vindalfr (Julio)
Joseph - Myozunitonirun (Sheffield)
Tiffania - ????
lol that make so much sense, I feel slow now, I need to start reading a bit more carefully.
Also, when is Joseph introduced? BTW I have only watched the first season of the anime, it was a bit disappointing.

Aww so the names don't actually have that much of a deeper meaning, to bad would have made the story a bit more interesting :(
Venz
Astral Realm

Post by Venz »

Joseph = king of Gallia
introduced: Vol 7 Chapter Eight: King Of Gallia
Hubb
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hubb »

Darknemo2000 wrote:Can anyone remind me how was the whole Tiffania's family explanation scene done in the anime? (I always keep forgetting anime scenes - they are just too forgettable)
Well this is all from memory but, it was done fairly fast and badly. It just wound up being explained by the Queen saying Tifa is her cousin (introducing her father as a duke) and that her mother was an elf and died. There was probably a little more but it was basically when Tifa/Louise/Agnes/Saito finally returned and they introduced Tifa to Henrietta.

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”