What has caused/would cause the possible downfall of ZnT?

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

What has caused/would cause the possible downfall of ZnT?

Lack of originality
6%
Never-ending plot
24%
Not enough English novels to read
32%
Anime was not enough good
18%
Others
20%

Total votes: 50

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: What has caused/would cause the possible downfall of ZnT

Post by Mystes »

I'm actually doing projects on demand. I don't think I mentioned this previously, but I actually do. Though my translations won't exceed 2K per day. And I'm already tangled with OreImo, Shana and IS.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Synchro
Astral Realm

Post by Synchro »

I appreciate any time and effort you put onto Zero no Tsukaima, I wish to read the entire currently released 20 novels if possible by the end of the year at least, I hope more translators join the team, or someone on the current translator team can invest a lot more time, as selfish as it seems, this story has caught me immensely.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Synchro wrote:I appreciate any time and effort you put onto Zero no Tsukaima, I wish to read the entire currently released 20 novels if possible by the end of the year at least, I hope more translators join the team, or someone on the current translator team can invest a lot more time, as selfish as it seems, this story has caught me immensely.
To be honest, 1 more volume is maybe the max.
Kira0802

Synchro
Astral Realm

Post by Synchro »

I hope some more translators join then, I would hate to wait a couple of years to be able to end this series, although I would patiently wait, gratifying everyone who put their personal time into this. I just hope things can be quicker, we all do, Thankyou for your investment again.
Hiyono
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Hiyono »

To be brutally honest, I'm not sure even a few more years would do the trick. ZnT is one of the earliest projects on here (and has thus already been around for quite a few years).
"There is always an easy solution to every problem - neat, plausible and wrong." H.L. Mencken (1971)
Synchro
Astral Realm

Post by Synchro »

One day it will be complete, I will wait until then, This series is really good, I hope some new translators come to help out. ;]
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Synchro wrote:One day it will be complete, I will wait until then, This series is really good, I hope some new translators come to help out. ;]
Translators can come out from no where. I've already seen that with Kuroi and Yoake.
Kira0802

Doraneko
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Doraneko »

Hiyono wrote:To be brutally honest, I'm not sure even a few more years would do the trick. ZnT is one of the earliest projects on here (and has thus already been around for quite a few years).
Indeed.

For other series, stimuli such as getting a new anime season can substantially push up interest and likely the translation speed.

But for this one, it seems like no matter how hard the author or the anime studio tries, they are simply unable to grasp the attention even from its (former) fans who have flocked to other series, let alone attracting new fans. That is why the author decided to wrap up the series at vol. 22 and move on to something else afterwards.

Of course interest and attention from the public does not guarantee speedy translations. But the lack of such certainly has a negative impact on the translation project.

Btw do we have any single project on B-T with 20+ novels completed?
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr
Synchro
Astral Realm

Post by Synchro »

Let us hope for some good luck, for the time being, why doesn't someone create an official facebook page to advertise for help for this website? or just this particular series? Or would there be a problem due to several unlicensed Light novels?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Doraneko wrote:Btw do we have any single project on B-T with 20+ novels completed?
Maybe not as many, but does a certain Index ring a bell in your head? :wink:
Synchro wrote:Let us hope for some good luck, for the time being, why doesn't someone create an official facebook page to advertise for help for this website? or just this particular series? Or would there be a problem due to several unlicensed Light novels?
Reminds me when I thought of a video for promoting BT. :lol:
Kira0802

Synchro
Astral Realm

Post by Synchro »

Would be nice, Baka-tsuki doesn't really advertise does it? I wish that a surge of translators would come, as probably everyone else does ;p
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Synchro wrote:Would be nice, Baka-tsuki doesn't really advertise does it? I wish that a surge of translators would come, as probably everyone else does ;p
Well, everyone in the English LNs world should know BT anyways. It's the only website that surges when you type 'english light novels' in Google.
Kira0802

Synchro
Astral Realm

Post by Synchro »

Unfortunately it's not that easy to find. I think the main page needs some way to make it easier to find on google, or somewhere along those lines, also it wouldn't help to ask some translators that are free or some that have extra time to help, already asked a few myself, awaiting replies at the moment.
BALLandCHAIN
Astral Realm

Post by BALLandCHAIN »

Synchro wrote:One day it will be complete, I will wait until then, This series is really good, I hope some new translators come to help out. ;]
You are one positive dude. I like that. I will definitely make our dreams come true!! ETA 4 months at least though... sorry

About the advertisement, yeah I've thought of that sort of thing too. I really want more people to be into light novels. I was thinking that when I start translating ZnT, I would pop into some forums at places like MAL and a couple private trackers I belong to.
Synchro
Astral Realm

Post by Synchro »

Yeah, this series is great, I will never give up on it ;]

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”