ZNT translation desperately need additional translators!

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

kof2
Astral Realm

Post by kof2 »

So at least tell me the name in chinese so that i can search my local bookshop( they have huruhi here by the way in chinese) cos i dotn really know what is it called in chinese.
bicube
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by bicube »

I think bakafish is saying that there is no official ZnT novel in Chinese right now. The one that's posted before was a fan translated work, like how baka-tsuki's version of ZnT is a fan translated work of ZnT from Japanese to English.
BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

零之使魔. - Traditional, btw.

Oh, wait, it did come out. XD

It came out 1/31/07. >.<

She it~
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Woot new translator!
kof2
Astral Realm

Post by kof2 »

Thanks BTW traditional sure die
very hard to translate prefer simpilfied chinese
easiler to translate.
Claies
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Claies »

Sorry for taking so long to answer you. These are mostly in Traditional text, because I prefer those. You can "translate" it through Google Translate for Chinese Traditional -> Chinese Simplified. It's pretty accurate since it's not a real translation...just a different text format.
http://translate.google.com

Volume 1
Chapters 1-5
http://173ng.com/discuz/viewthread.php? ... ra=&page=1
I'll try to email the other chapters to you.

Volume 2

Volume 3
Chapters 1-9
http://bbs.dmzj.com/read-htm-tid-82097.html

I have way more than this - but I have the actual links on another computer, and I'll update this soon.
kof2
Astral Realm

Post by kof2 »

Thanks alot man now i can start working on it.so far which chapter can i help in ??

I need to know which names are which and also the schools name in chinese as reference. With this i can start the translation.
BaKaFiSh
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

We need to organize this out.

Who does chapter X, etcetc

Who edits, blahblahblah~

^.^;

And also, the main thing, where are we going to put it?
kof2
Astral Realm

Post by kof2 »

ya we need to have a meeting at least like who does the editing and the names in chinese (easier for all of us) and who does which chapter.
I personally will have a few friends(i ask them and they seems to be interested) working with me.
We should start the meeting in msn or find a particular time.( since all of is at different time frame keep the time at GMT so it is easier.)
Cala-kun
Favourite Light Novel: Zero no Tsukaima

Post by Cala-kun »

I'd just like to add at this point, that while recently I found Korean fan translations of ZnT to help me with my task, my dad kicked me out of home just yesterday (Mar 5), and will have turbulence over the next few weeks. Consider me MIA, and please continue on with the project whenever possible. In an emergency, don't hesitate to PM or email me, though I can't guarantee an immediate reply.

Since there are people here, I'll also point out the project channel: irc://irc.rizon.net/znt to you all. Feel free to pop in and say hi, but don't expect it to be lively, and don't bug anybody for op. ;P

For translators, please try to make the most of this page: http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... gistration
<@Onizuka-GTO> Cala-ko and Cala-kun sitting in the tree!
<@Onizuka-GTO> T-R-A-N-S-L-A-T-I-N-G!

A little in-joke (of sorts) that was born in irc...
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Take care mate!

Its a lucky year, I can feel it, so don't worry, things will be fine, and when you come back you can jump right back in!

いてらっしゃい、カァくん!!

Itterasshai Cala-kun!

:wink:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

You won't need to be considered MIA yet. I think the minimum absence for that is 6 months?

Good luck, Cala-kun! ;)
/me claws out throat and dies
kof2
Astral Realm

Post by kof2 »

Fixen can i have your msn so that i can help you with chapter 5 if possible.
Ton
Astral Realm

Post by Ton »

Well, I've been reading Suzumiya Haruhi on the baka-tsuki wiki page for months, and then I read Zero No Tsukaima. I noticed you guys were going slow, and seeing as how I am chinese. (also judging by the fact that you have this thread up) I want to help you guys out if you will allow it. ^^

I hope that I can contribute to the cause. Besides, summer break is coming up and I'll have a lot of free time to do it. :wink:

Thank you!
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by the_naming_game »

Ton:
I thought Oni would have been onto this; ch8 is the next one open. Register an account on the wiki, and then go here to register a chapter. (Okay, so there isn't much choice, but if you want to do something in volume 2, just write something about that on the page, and I'll come through later and make a proper registration section for v2.)

Once you register, Oni might have to do some wiki magic with your username, but of course, nothing's stopping you from starting the translation on your own.

(And let me just say that the same goes for anyone else who wants to help translate znt.)

Thank you for offering to help with the znt effort. Hopefully this project can pick up some steam...
Baka-Tsuki, suki! Yuki, suki!

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”