Volume 8, Chapter 4

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

apsody243
Astral Realm

Re: Volume 8, Chapter 4

Post by apsody243 »

I personally get no satisfaction seeing Louise suffer and i know that its painful and hard on her however I believe that its ultimately something that Louise needs to go through to develop as a character.
This may catalyze her to drop that stupid "I'm a Noble " Superiority act of hers.

The way i see it Louise's greatest obstacle is her own pride, granted that its not her fault that she was raised like that heck most nobles were, but that girl really needs a bit of shock therapy in order to realize her own mistakes.

And i think that Saito's potential death is just the thing she needs.
Hubb
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hubb »

apsody243 wrote:I personally get no satisfaction seeing Louise suffer and i know that its painful and hard on her however I believe that its ultimately something that Louise needs to go through to develop as a character.
I think you misunderstood what Nerevarine and I meant when we said we were satisfied (however I am only speaking on behalf of myself here). Personally I find it satisfying to know she has those feelings and is able to finally admit she loved Satio to someone other than herself.

I'm not trying to say I enjoy watching people suffer but, I do feel Louise on many occasions took Saito for granted. Since I know Saito is still alive its nice to see this kind of reaction from her and, go through character development (as you have stated).

Basically in a small wrap-up what I am trying to say is; I hope this pain pushes Louise to the point where she doesn't take Saito for granted and realizes its important for Saito to know how she feels.

However, since the story is still ongoing I can only assume that there still will be massive amounts of competition and plenty of bakas being directed at Saito.
apsody243
Astral Realm

Post by apsody243 »

Personally I find it satisfying to know she has those feelings and is able to finally admit she loved Satio to someone other than herself.
Sorry I must have misunderstood you :oops: thanks for clearing that up, I feel the same in that respect.
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

O well....i guess it was just me...

no what i meant was just what i said.

i liked the fact that Louise is simply "in despair"

though i dont mind a SaitoxLouise pairing, ive never really liked Louise's attitude towards Saito all the time (like in the earlier volumes, ex: constant beatings for no reason)

in fact, i dont like the whole tsundere character type to begin with.

No, the reason why i am "satisfied" with Louise's depression is because its like...

"you had your chance with Saito but you blew it"

because of her pride, she would never admit her feelings, and simply because of pride she was constantly tormenting Saito.

if she would have just admitted her feelings, everyone would have been happy. but now that chance is gone... (and in her mind, forever)

thats why i believe this volume is the best. because of that feeling

and i absolutely cannot wait untill we get to the part where
Spoiler! :
Louise tried to commit suicide

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”