Volume 8, Chapter 6

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Minabe
Astral Realm

Re: Volume 8, Chapter 6

Post by Minabe »

I want to join Darknemo fan club too :D

I feel inspired by you so i'm going to translate ZnT to spanish (it seems no one cares about others languages :( ), just one thing, is there another way to translate this (Vol 8, Chap 1, first line) "This was a reward from bristle spirits of the dead"? or if you could tell me where to download the text version of ZnT (in japanese if possible) it would be easier for me and i would be really thankfull.

Keep the good work :)
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Darknemo2000 »

It was a rather confusing line for me to tell the truth... Spend some time on thinking it through...

Anyways, the chapter 6 is finished.
msuwildog80
Astral Realm

Post by msuwildog80 »

I am really starting to like Tiff the halve elf. She is so vulnerable and definately genuine and sweet. I guess I am biase, I pretty much like all the girls in Saito's semi harem. They can all fulfill part of his dreams, but I suppose I still like Louise best.

On a side note: I dont read many of these novels. In fact, ZNT was first one I followed closely. But I wonder, how do love in series like these usually ends?

My closest examples are Chinese "wuxia" novels. The reason I bring those up is because, for those novels.. typically a guy would get super powerful, 4-5 girls would fall in love with him. And then he picks one and the end. Heres the kicker: in the epilogue, the girls he didnt chose would always somehow never find love and spend the rest of their days pinning for him (becoming a nun, teacher, or whatever).

I can definately see Siesta, Tabitha, and maybe Tiff. pinning for Saito forever. Thats why part of me hoped he chose Siesta back in novel 3. She just seems so wonderful there...

Just rambling. Thanks as always for translating Dark. It always brightens the day to see updates.
SeaWolf
Astral Realm

Post by SeaWolf »

Well since saito is such a simple person its not surprising that anges would decide on this strategy to motivate him to come back with her. Even if he flat out refused to come back I just dont see her leaving with out him; she is the queens tool and since the queen would be upset if he were dead I seriously doubt she would just come back and say she never found him. I full expect her to try and drag him back because, well, its just her style.

I know that the reasons why these chapters are slow like this but this one in particular lacks the emotion of the one that focused on louise and just comes across as boring. We have seen everyones reaction to the end of the conflict now and have spent a good amount of time on fleshing out tiff. I just want the to get louise and saito back together, so we can get to something new. I would like to see what the other countries that make up their continent are like and meet the elves. However i know thats a ways off and it looks like we still have 3 more chapters before our main characters are reunited.
Hubb
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hubb »

This is in response to msuwildog80

To be honest with you, I never considered Tifa to be part of his harem (this is all stemming from the anime and the novels that have been translated thus far). To me Tifa just looks up to Saito and their relationship is more of a brother/sister type of thing. That is from Tifa's stand point though; Saito on the other hand is just enthralled by her breasts/personality but doesn't consider her a lover.

Spoiler! :
Take the magic ball/dance that they had. Tifa's Ideal is Saito not, who she pictures as her lover (although I guess you can say Tifa is too naive to understand her feelings).
Thanks for the chapter Dark!

PS. I agree with Seawolf although I am really looking forward to reading more about Louise in the upcoming chapters.
SeaWolf
Astral Realm

Post by SeaWolf »

Just been looking through the pictures of the chapters head so i guess ill put these in spoiler tabs but they dont have anything to do with plot.
Spoiler! :
I have to say out of all the illustrations this is by far my favorite
http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... 15-149.jpg
Spoiler! :
Either the author or the illustrator is a big time WW2 tank fan cause the one in this illustration is not a tiger... its a king tiger. Now this was the ultimate defensive tank and the allies had absolutely no answer to it but fewer than 500units were produced. Any way here is the pic
http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... 13-179.jpg
Note i really feel bad for who ever gets talked into conjuring up fuel for it!
Hubb
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hubb »

That picture is so far away! I do agree with you though, that picture is pretty good.
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

this is my favorite picture that ive seen so far

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... 08-247.jpg

it conveys all the feelings that i wish for Louise to feel

now if only it would stay like that forever...
Captain Sabih
Astral Realm

Post by Captain Sabih »

A quick thank you and congratulations for another completed chapter.
Venz
Astral Realm

Post by Venz »

Thank you dark, for another chapt completed :D
i do prefer the novel to the anime though the anime wasnt to terrible, just tends to miss out alot.
looking forward to the coming louise chapters.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

I will only watch the anime after I've read all the novels that the anime touches on :). Otherwise it's waaay out of line and context and just serves to make me angry...but after reading all the stuff first, it then becomes a nice way to see a different spin on the story...but for me, not good until AFTER the novels are read :).

Anyway, Agnes is really working Jin hard O_o he should learn how to construct some kind of "happy snake" bomb :)
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

Krikit wrote:Anyway, Agnes is really working Jin hard O_o he should learn how to construct some kind of "happy snake" bomb :)
Your mixing up the characters already ^_^
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Really? I thought Agnes was the musketeer, who is currently making Jin train hard. But I want...........your right....now it hits...........Oh my GOSH.......how in the HECK did I write Jin and not Saito........O_o
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

Too much PuiPui, and a great interest in ZnT ^_^
Samael
Astral Realm

Post by Samael »

Yay!
Though Louise's and Saito's relationship drives me crazy, I still really hope they get together.
Thanks for the chapter, I hope that I can continue reading soon!

P.s. I also hope that Saito gains some confidence from this training, cause this not going to see Louise is depressing.

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”