ZnT Licensed

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

bakadesu
Astral Realm

Post by bakadesu »

forgive me for being a baka but here's what i understand according from GTO-sama and SE-chan-sama's statements

translation of ZnT will keep on going as long as you translate a novel ahead of seven seas?

but the problem is the lack of translators. if seven seas managed to outrace baka-tsuki's translators then ZnT goes bye bye correct?

anyway i know this is forbidden but here's a link of some dude updating his blogs in the net regarding ZnT light novel... why not contact him and ask for assistance...

its just a suggestion though ~_~

and more power to you guys
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

interesting,

mind you, s/he has done only summaries.

Which are two different things then a direct translation.

one is quite easy and quick to do, the other is very time consuming.

I've got a feeling they might not want to help us, but i don't see why i can't give it a try.

worse they could do is say no....

:roll:

thanks for the heads up Bakadesu.

n/B: hang on.

i heard of Wrex...

he's someone from animesuki forum!

if thats the case, i shouldn't bother, i've already ask Wrex for help, but s/he refused, citing it was too much effort and not enough time.

its unfortunate, but that's the sad reality.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
bakadesu
Astral Realm

Post by bakadesu »

onizuka-gto wrote:interesting,

mind you, s/he has done only summaries.

Which are two different things then a direct translation.

one is quite easy and quick to do, the other is very time consuming.

I've got a feeling they might not want to help us, but i don't see why i can't give it a try.

worse they could do is say no....

thanks for the heads up Bakadesu.

n/B: hang on.

i heard of Wrex...

he's someone from animesuki forum!

if thats the case, i shouldn't bother, i've already ask Wrex for help, but s/he refused, citing it was too much effort and not enough time.

its unfortunate, but that's the sad reality.
for some reason, baka-tsuki seems to be "at war" with animesuki... unless someone shows me a link with this detail, i guess i can never understand.

anyways, as for wrex, i guess translating is indeed much difficult than writing a summary so we cant blame him.

im still grateful though since he/she had the time to write those summaries, sharing to the ZnT hardcore followers his POV regarding the untranslated novels.

-sigh- so all that's left would be the race between the tortoise and the hare -_-

wish you guys luck in finding translators that would volunteer for the ZnT translation project

needless to say, you guys are the hope for "free" translated ZnT light novels

gambatte >_<
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

oh no, what gave you that idea that we are "at war" with animesuki?

it's definitely far from the truth, after all the majority of user from here are all animesuki members as well.

i think your getting us mixed up with A.F.K.

Which we had a few difficulties with in the past, but we are on amicable grounds, thus Baka-Tsuki in reality is not at war with anyone.

well, unless you count those publishers who refused to licence novels, or even attempt to bring over the wealth of Japanese literature to the Western hemisphere...

"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
bakadesu
Astral Realm

Post by bakadesu »

my bad >_< sumimasen! X_X
IrishHaremOtaku
Astral Realm

Post by IrishHaremOtaku »

Your attitude towards licensing is highly amusing......

You do realise that just because it's licensed doesn't make it any more illegal? I fail to see why you should stop just because it's licensed in the US.

oni is from the UK for example. US law is unapplicable there.

But all that doesn't matter, because the minute you started translating, it was the same offense regardless, whether it was licensed or not......

So I ask you, Why in the name of Haruhi do you care if it's licensed or not?
You're breaking the law regardless. If it's licensed, the money from buying it doesn't go to the creators anyway.....
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Beware the talking cat »

If it is unlicensed it is:

1. More grey
2. Less likely to be C&Ded or sued.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
IrishHaremOtaku
Astral Realm

It's still very unlikely that you'll get sued for it anyway >.>

Considering most of the people involved are outside the US, and they won't extradite for such a small civil matter......
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

IrishHaremOtaku wrote:It's still very unlikely that you'll get sued for it anyway >.>

Considering most of the people involved are outside the US, and they won't extradite for such a small civil matter......
Unlike the Republic of Ireland, most western publishing licence to the USA usually give rights to the UK and Europe.

So when it pops up we usually assume that, and while personally i think it's arrogant to think that just because its being released in the USA, that other English speaking countries cannot continue translating, after all I think what we do here is more or less a training ground for wannabe translators and English users.

But the Big Boss, that is, the Owner of the site is American and his express will is my command. (or i'll have to commit hari-kiri at his displeasure)

@Onizukademongto
Christof
Astral Realm

Post by Christof »

I unregistered myself from Volume 2, chapter 9. I'm currently very busy with my work >.< with deadlines approaching and my university school term starting in january. Hope to find some free time soon... T_T
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Christof wrote:I unregistered myself from Volume 2, chapter 9. I'm currently very busy with my work >.< with deadlines approaching and my university school term starting in january. Hope to find some free time soon... T_T
awww. sorry to hear that Christof, but thank you for unregistering.

hope you find more free time in the future, don't forget us!

:)

@Onizukademongto
IrishHaremOtaku
Astral Realm

Not entirely true.

There are UK licensors, French licensors, Italian licensors......even Czech licensors.....

Anyway, don't take my slightly pro-piracy attitude as a sign that I'm going to breach the rules on posting pirated stuff.......

I can understand any American member's will to stay away from licensed stuff however.....their FBI is a complete bunch of psychopaths about copyright offenses these days.
bakadesu
Astral Realm

Post by bakadesu »

honest to goodness, im really envious to countries that promote anime literature. here in the Philippines, its rare to see a spec of anime light novel being sold at bookstores and hobby shops ~_~
IrishHaremOtaku
Astral Realm

In Ireland, you couldn't find it if you tried....

I live in France for a month or so every year, and I can buy manga in French there if I really want to, but they tend to only have the more popular westernised ones......
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

IrishHaremOtaku wrote:Not entirely true.

There are UK licensors, French licensors, Italian licensors......even Czech licensors.....

im sure there are, but your forgetting that when Japanese companies sell their licence to the "west" they sell to the biggest publishers, who are American.

American who see the countries on the other side of the Atlantic as simply "Europe".

No point trying to make a distinction, trying to tell a major US publisher to make individual deals with the countries is like asking them to make separate deals between Utah and California....

And while I wish im just being ironically stereotyping for my own amusement, its the truth with all the current novels, manga and anime licenced in the UK.

Perhaps they do things different in the Republic of Ireland, but I will never know....

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”