[ON GOING]Chapter 01

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Nandeyanen
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nandeyanen »

Hello, I wasn't sure where to post this, but I'm a late addition to the editorial team. Not much else left to say, but I'd like to know if there's been a consensus reached as to how we are to contact each other and discuss edits (MSN, IRC, AIM, e-mail?). Additionally, I can PM my contact information to whomever needs it. Just send me a PM and I'll send you my contact info. I look forward to working with all of you.
Se-chan
Astral Realm

Post by Se-chan »

Kawool wrote:Se-chan, please forward me the proofread pages at [email protected] so i start typesetting.

If we could release on wed that would be cool.
Actually, we're all using the wiki for proofreading. In case we (eight, or heck, nine of us) get to finish and finalize the script. We got to release it out soon.
Cala-kun
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Zero no Tsukaima

Post by Cala-kun »

Hey, err... just in case anyone had been wondering about the missing pages in between (27-34)? I'm working on that, so do try to be patient with me. I just can't get as much done on weekdays than I do on weekends, what with still being a high school student and all. I'll apologise, if it'll make you feel any better about me being slow(er than I already am). =/

So yeah, thought I ought to let people know.
Crowkenobi
Astral Realm

Post by Crowkenobi »

Nandeyanen wrote:Hello, I wasn't sure where to post this, but I'm a late addition to the editorial team. Not much else left to say, but I'd like to know if there's been a consensus reached as to how we are to contact each other and discuss edits (MSN, IRC, AIM, e-mail?). Additionally, I can PM my contact information to whomever needs it. Just send me a PM and I'll send you my contact info. I look forward to working with all of you.
Me, too. :)
I'll try my best to help make this project as good as it possibly can. :D
Cala-Kun: No problem! I know how that feels having a full-time job and all... :lol:
Da~Mike
Astral Realm

Post by Da~Mike »

I think the translated script we received is mostly sorted so far, despite a few bits and bobs that need some checking.

MSN is preferable (to me).
It proved its use yesterday when I The naming game and I were discussing how to re-structure one bloody sentence...
However, it also proved to be a hindrance as well, since I didn't manage to edit very much yesterday... :?

Hence, I won't sign in today. :P
Se-chan
Astral Realm

Post by Se-chan »

Uh, I dunno about this, but did Kawool release chap 1 already on her own? I just saw a post on Anime-Suki regarding this one...

BTW, done proofreading...

If Kawool is still with us, would she mind sending me the PSD file so I can start?
Kawool
Astral Realm

Post by Kawool »

h, I dunno about this, but did Kawool release chap 1 already on her own? I just saw a post on Anime-Suki regarding this one...

If Kawool is still with us, would she mind sending me the PSD file so I can start?
wtf does that mean ?
if you just want us out , just tell me now ...
velocity7
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by velocity7 »

I checked, it was only just an exaggerated post from someone re: recruitment for translators at your site.

Nothing to see here, move along... 8)
Last edited by velocity7 on Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Se-chan
Astral Realm

Post by Se-chan »

Oh, sorry. Looks like I misunderstood.

It's just that someone tried to get me this A-Suki forum link saying you've released your share already without waiting for us. And Oni seems to have replied with a good pun. Looks like I was fully mistaken.

My apologies...
Kawool
Astral Realm

Post by Kawool »

well thanks for the lil faith ...also am i also typesetting in vain as se-chan keeps asking for the psd to 'start the work' ? I typesetted already the half.. but no one forwarded me the rest.
i feel all my posts are either transparent ...or not read obviously.

PS no i'm neither starting a fight nor paranoid, i'm just wondering whats going on.
Se-chan
Astral Realm

Post by Se-chan »

Nah, I was just misunderstood...

Anyways, with me nagging for the PSD, and Kawool having the headstart, seems that the other half needs some tweaking.

Try bugging Onizuka for this one, tho...

And uh, I really can't start since I don't have any "reference" on how to do this typeset...

SO yeah, I suck that much...
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

oh great. more bugging for me. You might as well call me the "Buggered man"

oh hang on. that didn't come out right.

\(^^; )/

:roll:

Anyway, as i understand kawool wish to do the typesetting for this chapter, but obviously you have started on something as well.

'll drop by to chat to you about this, to see what can be done, to untangle this confusion.

Nothing a little communication can't solve.

(^^)b
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Kawool
Astral Realm

Post by Kawool »

well oni only gave me the script today ... :roll:
i'll finish typesetting on sunday, release the same day would be cool ...its taking way too much time
Se-chan
Astral Realm

Post by Se-chan »

FINALLY!

Well, don't rush it. You hogged my share of work already...

Anyways, gimme the prerelease so I can see if anything's wrong. Then I'll send you a TXT file on any errors I may have encoutered.

After that, when everything's re-settled, the final release goes...
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Se-chan, cala-kun still has pages 27 - 34 of chapter 01, he said he will get them done by this weekend.

if they have already been finished now,
I assume you have are going to edited/proof-read them?

If not please send them to me, we will attempt to get them done for tomorrow.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”