Volume 10

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Hubb
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Volume 10

Post by Hubb »

Zyzzyva165 wrote: Very sorry about this.

Zyzzy.
Don't, I am happy to hear that it is going to be translated at all. That said, I sent you a pm incase you still visit the site...
SirWence
Astral Realm

Post by SirWence »

Indeed we all have things we must do, but I like others express my thanks for the translation in general.. Also I must say the speed at which ive seen over the past few days left me quite happy lol.

on a note for chapter 10--
Spoiler! :
Why?
Louise asked herself.
Why did she have such willpower within myself?
Where did she acquire the willpower to enable her to chant such a long “Void” spell?
Willpower is the strength of the heart.
Louise had known that anger or happiness would multiply the power of the magic. The strength of the magic is not determined by one’s talent alone.
Anger? Happiness? Sadness?
Then she thought of an feeling which was neither of those.
The question which was born from within Louise brought forth a hypothesis.
The only feeling swelling so expansively within Louise……
Is that the source of Void?

Why indeed? Does the answer of Love come to anyone elses mind aside from my own [it was the first thing that came to my mind lol]?

(And it was nice to see her finally understand she misunderstood all along that his feelings for her and his courage were all his own not something brought about by his being a familiar.. just his own so at least that insecurity should be gone.. the one seista sort of created heh)
Gloria~
Astral Realm

Post by Gloria~ »

Well, it's been finished, finally. Thanks, Zyzzy!
Puiu
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Puiu »

I still need to read it, but i'll first say thank you! :mrgreen:
Zyzzyva165
Senior Project Translator

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

So after 8 months, finally volume 10 has been completed! Yay. :D

Looking back, I can’t believe that I managed to finish this novel off. It looked rather daunting to me (as in the amount) when I first started.

After this volume, I'm not sure how I would be working on this series. F/Z is still my main project, and besides my uni’s starting again soon. Currently I am rather interested in finding out (and thus translating) the first few chapters of vol 11, in which progress for some of the conflicts of this series is promising (I hope). Not sure when's gonna start though. ^^

Finally, I’d like to thank all readers for avidly reading ZnT. :)
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Well done, Zyzzyva165! :D

Thanks for the translation!
Akirasav
Astral Realm

Post by Akirasav »

Awesome! Thanks alot :mrgreen:
Hubb
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hubb »

Zyzzyva165 wrote: Finally, I’d like to thank all readers for avidly reading ZnT. :)
Thanks so much for finishing volume 10. The only plus side about you not continuing (if you don't) is that I'd probably push myself harder to learn Japanese. Since college has started to hit me hard I have put it on the back burner...
andika_INA
Astral Realm

Post by andika_INA »

How about vol.11?? :?:
Hubb
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hubb »

andika_INA wrote:How about vol.11?? :?:
I don't know, when are you going to get started on it?
IDoItForTheLolz
Astral Realm

Post by IDoItForTheLolz »

Hey I found something while reading through Volume 10 on the Epilogue.
Spoiler! :
"“Wonder what mr and mother would be thinking at home. When I sy fatheaid I wanted to serve the Imperial Guards, they were so happy…and now we’re going back as criminals. I’d probably cause a huge trouble. Huh, I’ll really trouble them now. Geez.” "

Wondering if the "mr" should have a capitalized "M" and I just don't understand the "I sy fatheaid". When reading with the context, it would seem to be something like "When I told father I wanted to serve the Imperial Guards," But then, the "they" implies that it was both the Guiche's father AND mother, etc. So then it would change to "When I told THEM I wanted to serve the Imperial Guards,".
So, should I go ahead with the edit? Or will someone else do it? Sorry I'm new here. >_< Help would be appreciated.
(I put it underneath spoiler tags for those who haven't read the epilogue. However, I don't know if I needed to do so.)
Enigma
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enigma »

IDoItForTheLolz wrote:Hey I found something while reading through Volume 10 on the Epilogue.
Spoiler! :
"“Wonder what mr and mother would be thinking at home. When I sy fatheaid I wanted to serve the Imperial Guards, they were so happy…and now we’re going back as criminals. I’d probably cause a huge trouble. Huh, I’ll really trouble them now. Geez.” "

Wondering if the "mr" should have a capitalized "M" and I just don't understand the "I sy fatheaid". When reading with the context, it would seem to be something like "When I told father I wanted to serve the Imperial Guards," But then, the "they" implies that it was both the Guiche's father AND mother, etc. So then it would change to "When I told THEM I wanted to serve the Imperial Guards,".
So, should I go ahead with the edit? Or will someone else do it? Sorry I'm new here. >_< Help would be appreciated.
(I put it underneath spoiler tags for those who haven't read the epilogue. However, I don't know if I needed to do so.)
Go ahead and edit if you think it's incorrect. mr should really just be changed to mister, as the "mr" form is usually followed by a name...and even mister is a bit confusing. Not perfect English college graduate here, but the M in both mister and mother probably shouldn't be capitalized.

As for the "When I sy fatheaid...", really the only are options are to change it to something like: "When I told father I wanted to serve the Imperial Guards, he was so happy..." or "When I told my parents I wanted to serve the Imperial Guards, they were so happy...". I'm betting on the first one.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

It was a copy/paste mistake from Akirasav.

You need to move the "y fathe" at the right place.

Wonder what mr and mother would be thinking at home. When I sy fatheaid I wanted to serve the Imperial Guards
->
Wonder what my father and mother would be thinking at home. When I said I wanted to serve the Imperial Guards
IDoItForTheLolz
Astral Realm

Post by IDoItForTheLolz »

Alright thank you very much. ^^ I'll go edit it now. xD
Edit: Looks like someone beat me to it. Thanks for the help once again.

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”