[DONE!] Chapter 5

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Claies
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

[DONE!] Chapter 5

Post by Claies »

Yessssss....it's done!

Many notes attached, because of a few ambiguities. A few things of note:

1) I'm horrible with sound effects and official names.
2) The Chinese text makes no distinction between thoughts and narration.
3) It's a rule that Japanese > Chinese in fan translation.

Based on this, I would like all Japanese translators to give the TO-DO notes a run through. I will defer to your better judgment all for any and all changes.

Now starting chapter 6, because I'm really getting into it.
BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

Hurrah!

:roll:

edit : Remind me later, I'll go over it and try to help with my pitiful knowledge of Japanese. >.>
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

Wooh Fixen well done! Thanks a lot for your hard work!

If you have the time, could you update your profile in the staff page as well? ;P

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... rent_staff
/me claws out throat and dies
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

while cleaning the wiki up i came across the confusion that is chapter 5.
Claies says chapter 5 was her/his script, yet the history logs tell us it was "Fixen" who open this page, and also later on, added missing pages to it.

So unless Claies is Fixen, can someone please clarify this?

Just to be safe, the registration page says chapter 5 is a fixen & claies script.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Claies
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Claies »

onizuka-gto wrote:while cleaning the wiki up i came across the confusion that is chapter 5.
Claies says chapter 5 was her/his script, yet the history logs tell us it was "Fixen" who open this page, and also later on, added missing pages to it.

So unless Claies is Fixen, can someone please clarify this?

Just to be safe, the registration page says chapter 5 is a fixen & claies script.
One and the same. I asked thelastguardian to change my forum name.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

okay, no problem. thanks for the clarification, claies. :D
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Se-chan
Astral Realm

Post by Se-chan »

Uh, is this good to go? If so, then we can release right away~ :D
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

yup. its good to go, its looks ok. only read half of it though. but it seems ok.

:)

@Onizukademongto
Question
Astral Realm

Post by Question »

Confused about a couple of things :

What is the "raw english translation" link for?

How come there appears to be tons of missing text? When i open the edit window i see lots of "page blah blah cross reference" followed by text that is missing when you read the chapter 5 article normally.

Article text:
Doused in the mild glow, Kirche sat on her bed, with a look of worry on her face. She wore an attractive underwear, or rather, just plain underwear. One thing is for sure: supported only by her sexy bra were her full breasts the size of sweet cantaloupes.
Cross referenced text:
There, bathed in an ephemeral light, Kirche's tantalising form lay across the bed. She was wearing a seductive garment, known as a baby doll. Or rather, she was wearing nothing but that.

He was able to confirm that Kirche's breasts were indeed the real thing. The melon-like orbs filled out the lacy baby doll.
The cross referenced version seems vastly superior somehow. The language is much more descriptive for one thing, and theres something strange with the phrase "She wore an attractive underwear".

Editing window:
“Berisson <!-- (Beri(tsu)son - that's how it's romanized, right?)! We’ll meet two hours later then!” (TODO: Official name here) -->
Article text:
“Berisson

“That wasn’t what we agreed on!” They were on the third floor. It looks like this Berisson guy is floating on air with some magic spell.
This part is really weird, the entire sentence after the word "Berisson" appears to have been cut off, but im not sure whats supposed to be there.

Thats the ones ive spotted so far.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Well you see, Chapter 05 was originally translated and formated easily during the Collaboration Era of ZNT for internal distrubution and editing.
The raw translations was there to act as a "control" as with so many different members from the various groups helping out, the translation could get out of hand and we typically had to look back at the original raws to see original word/phrase/sentence.

After the break up, the translator had finished it, so published the chapter.

So what you see is relics of the old,crude and immoral editing methods that was conducted behind the Iron wiki Curtain.

While various helpful people have tried to sort it out, its still far from finished.

Cala is still awol, the main translator for that chapter. so it will be difficult to verify some of the studff, but im sure eventually it will be sorted.

If you can, lend a hand Question-chan, if you have the time.

:P

@Onizukademongto
Claies
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Claies »

I did the original translation from Chinese, which is pretty awkward. The cross-reference was completely Cala's work, and we're trying to put the two together and make them connect.

It looks like we're getting nowhere really quickly on that part.

"Adult Mikuru bra"?! I did not put that in.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

and you see? i got confused with who did what with who script. :roll:

apologies Claies!

i'm getting old. :(

anyway, adult mikuru bra!

<3 word filter

@Onizukademongto
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

There is still a lot of problems with the translation of chapter 5.

Almost all the translation should be replaced by the translation that have been put with the tag "cross-reference".
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Vaelis wrote:There is still a lot of problems with the translation of chapter 5.

Almost all the translation should be replaced by the translation that have been put with the tag "cross-reference".
*sigh*

i know.

this is exactly the reason why we don't allow partially translated scripts to go up, unless we know the translators are active.

personally, i would rather scrap it all, and ask an active translator to do it all over again....

but, that's if i can get my cla- i mean my hands on any of them....slippery bunch....

:roll:

@Onizukademongto
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

The main problem is that the actual translation is from the chinese raw and the "cross-reference" from the japanese raw.

And the chinese raw is pretty bad in this chapter :?

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”