Volume 3 Chapter 3 Preview is up

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

DeotoxSlayer
Astral Realm

Re: Volume 3 Chapter 3 Preview is up

Post by DeotoxSlayer »

Darknemo2000 wrote:Well, logically you would be probably the most correct however, there are three reasons why i would prefer translating 3 volume.

1 Is that after translating it a reader would get full 3 volumes, and if we consider that my previews are relatively close to human based translations you could actually read them through without too strong feeling of loss of quality due to previews in the middle... And if I would do 4th volume, because my previews though a bit faster than human translations are still not very fast, it isn't very clear when I could return to it, which would leave readers who do not want to spoil themselves with 2 volumes still...

2 would be that again for me it looks like S-B was more willing to try out 6 volume rather than 3

And 3rd would be because the 2 chapter of volume 4 is mostly about Wardes and Cromwell and I am not so eager to translate it...Well not at least now...
why don't you translate chapter 1 of volume 4, I mean Momogan has seemingly disappeared, so that's dropped, and no one's finished that yet.

also I do have to say that your machine translations are amazing, it's probably pretty close to a human translation, and it's better than the Machine Translations done by Matt(no offense meant)

On an off Topic not why is my title Mikuru's Master???
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Darknemo2000 »

I will do that once he will be marked as M.I.A ... but for now he is still A.W.O.L so it is slightly too early I think...
DeotoxSlayer
Astral Realm

Post by DeotoxSlayer »

Darknemo2000 wrote:I will do that once he will be marked as M.I.A ... but for now he is still A.W.O.L so it is slightly too early I think...
Still though I wonder what happened to Momogan. he just suddemly diappeared I wonder if, anyone's keeping in touch with him, or tried to contact him...... Anywa I still don't get why my forum Title is Mikuru's Master...
Momogan
Astral Realm

Post by Momogan »

Hi everyone,

I will finish off chapter 1 of volume 4 off sometime soon, I had forgotten about it until I read this thread, sorry. I haven't disappeared from the face of the earth, I simply just lost interest. People aren't showing much interest in the early volumes (even though they are very different from the anime!) and are always too eager to jump to further volumes, especially to volume 8, one of the climaxes in the series, so I didn't see much point in continuing. For some reason, it seems most people are only interested in reading the 'romantic' bits and not really the 'political' side of the story, which is a bit silly in my opinion since the 'romantic' bits only get better after reading the 'political' side. I'm also translating something else now (Fortune Arterial), so my time for translating this series has dropped to zero. I hope everyone enjoyed what I translated of Volume 3. Feel free to PM about any translation questions, always happy to answer any.
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Darknemo2000 »

I kind of understand your points about people jumping towards volume 8 and rushing everything despite the fact that anime actually skipped a lot of scenes.

It would still be great if you somehow restore your interest in ZnT since there are also quite a number of people who prefer reading it in order rather than mindlessly jumping towards volume 8.

I do appreciate your work on ZnT. You were a really big help with volume 3 and I know many people are thankful for that.

Don't believe that the majority prefer skipping volumes though since as voting showed more people want to go steady and slowly with it.

Political bits can be boring, and sadly we all have favorite and leas favorite character and it affects translators too. Lets say for me Louise based chapters always go faster than any other character. Yet I am not against translating anything else if the chronical order requires me to.

Well anyways, thanks for your hard work so far.
DeotoxSlayer
Astral Realm

Post by DeotoxSlayer »

huh Momogan's alive!?

but seriously, I don't see why people want to skip forward anyway, I read over the first volume, and I found thaat the anime, dumbed it down. It kinda pissed me off, I'd rather read the novels in order than skip to volume 8. I plan on buying the Seven Seas translated Novels, just so I can show my support. Anyway, it's too bad that your interest in translating ZnT's gone, your were probably the best translator the ZnT project had, but atleast it's nice to know you'll finish Volume 4 Chapter 1.

EDIT: Also what's Fortune Arterial, is it a Light Novel, or a Manga, or a Visual Novel???

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”