Volume 3 Chapter 3 Preview is up

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Volume 3 Chapter 3 Preview is up

Post by Darknemo2000 »

jedlionheart
Astral Realm

Re: Volume 3 Chapter 3 Preview is up

Post by jedlionheart »

Goody. More ZnT <3

Thanks for the preview xD
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

Indeed. Saito had to agree that it really fits rather nicely. Reluctantly he decided to give up. In the room it is not cold, even if wearing only a single T-shirt.   “Nylon”

“Nailon?”

“That’s a fabric from my world. It is maid from oil.”

“Oili?”

Bold for notice.
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

yeah my bad, should have been "made" instead.

Does anyone plan to do volume 3 chapter 1? Cause if no one is doing or planning to do it I guess I should then.
Const2k
Senior Project Editor

Post by Const2k »

Darknemo2000 wrote:Does anyone plan to do volume 3 chapter 1? Cause if no one is doing or planning to do it I guess I should then.
Thanks for preview of vol.3 ch.3!

My own (absence of) translation skills don't allow me to support ZnT translation myself, and I don't know of anyone who does vol.3 ch.1 - though its importance can't be underestimated...

Considering preview scripts as a translation (very rough estimation, I know), we have almost three first ZnT volumes 100% done:
Volume 1: 100%
Volume 2: 100%
Volume 3: >90% done (vol.3 ch.1 left)
Volume 4: ~30% done
Volume 5: 50% done (33% translated)

Way to go, Seven Seas! ^_~

Preview scripts allow everyone to follow ZnT plot up to the start of vol.4 without skipping any earlier parts of story. And, as I don't want to spoil myself reading books ahead of unfinished volumes, I can't edit those books; reading vol.3 ch.1 will allow me edit latest published scripts (I mean vol.3 mostly).
Looking forward to reading its preview...
"To Edit & Punish. Securing the Stability of the Wikicommunist State."
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

please remember to slap on the preview tag at the top of all future preview scripts.

you can do that by adding the code:

{{Template:PREVIEW}}

to the top of the page.

thanks again for your contribution DN2k

:D
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
DeotoxSlayer
Astral Realm

Post by DeotoxSlayer »

Serenade said that he might wprk on it after he finished Volume 5 Chapter 1.
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

so that means I shouldn't translate chapter 1 of volume 3?
DeotoxSlayer
Astral Realm

Post by DeotoxSlayer »

Darknemo2000 wrote:so that means I shouldn't translate chapter 1 of volume 3?

Why don't you just work on Volume 4 for now, and if Serenade doesnt translate it then you can do it later.
Const2k
Senior Project Editor

Post by Const2k »

<DeotoxSlayer>: Serenade said that he might wprk on it after he finished Volume 5 Chapter 1.
<Darknemo2000>: so that means I shouldn't translate chapter 1 of volume 3?
<DeotoxSlayer>: Why don't you just work on Volume 4 for now, and if Serenade doesnt translate it then you can do it later.
As far as I understand it, Serenade_Beta "might work" on chapter; Darknemo2000 speaks about preview. I don't see any contradictions here, and I don't see a reason for them to wait for each other. Well, if I missed something, and there really are some problems, I'd suggest two translators to divide work between themselves directly.
DeotoxSlayer
Astral Realm

Post by DeotoxSlayer »

Const2k wrote:
<DeotoxSlayer>: Serenade said that he might wprk on it after he finished Volume 5 Chapter 1.
<Darknemo2000>: so that means I shouldn't translate chapter 1 of volume 3?
<DeotoxSlayer>: Why don't you just work on Volume 4 for now, and if Serenade doesnt translate it then you can do it later.
As far as I understand it, Serenade_Beta "might work" on chapter; Darknemo2000 speaks about preview. I don't see any contradictions here, and I don't see a reason for them to wait for each other. Well, if I missed something, and there really are some problems, I'd suggest two translators to divide work between themselves directly.
Some translators don't work on chapters if their's a preview out for it already.
Const2k
Senior Project Editor

Post by Const2k »

DeotoxSlayer wrote: Serenade said that he might wprk on it after he finished Volume 5 Chapter 1.
Why don't you just work on Volume 4 for now, and if Serenade doesnt translate it then you can do it later.
Some translators don't work on chapters if their's a preview out for it already.
Words in bold (bolded by me) are absolutely correct in general sense; downside is that they don't provide useful information in our exact situation. That's the reason I suggested two translators - Darknemo2000 and Serenade_Beta - to negotiate between themselves directly. Otherwise there's simply no firm information to base a decision on.
This way we can end up having no preview and no translation of this - very important! - chapter in near future. Translating/previewing further volumes instead doesn't make much sense since some people don't want to spoil themselves beforehand (and I'm not the only one of them).
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

As far as I understand it, Serenade_Beta "might work" on chapter; Darknemo2000 speaks about preview. I don't see any contradictions here, and I don't see a reason for them to wait for each other.
Well, though there is no real contradiction in that but I usually prefer to do preview to chapters that do need it rather than working on the same one at the same time.

Again it should be noted that my preview take more time compared to Matt's for example as he uses only a very few translation means and thus it takes him faster but also decreases the quality of the preview and increases the chance of mistake.

Since I work with many MT and dictionaries my previews take longer but also makes it rather close to what original translation would be. There may (and probably will) still be mistakes yet the number is decreased considerably.

But because it is time consuming process to provide high quality preview I would prefer to do that for a chapter that is really in need and doesn't have a translation who works or plan's to work on it.

Serenade-Beta wrote
Hmm... After I finish chp. 1 of Volume 5, I'd prefer a different chapter (other than V.5/Chp.3) like Volume 3's untranslated chapter or the final chapter of Volume 6 (because it sounds so fun to translate that pyromaniacs' lines...) because chp3 of volume 5 focuses on... well... those two (Henrietta and her emo swordswomanAgnes)...
For me it sounds like he is more willing to translate Volume 6 than 3 so i don't know...
DeotoxSlayer
Astral Realm

Post by DeotoxSlayer »

Darknemo2000 wrote:
As far as I understand it, Serenade_Beta "might work" on chapter; Darknemo2000 speaks about preview. I don't see any contradictions here, and I don't see a reason for them to wait for each other.
Well, though there is no real contradiction in that but I usually prefer to do preview to chapters that do need it rather than working on the same one at the same time.

Again it should be noted that my preview take more time compared to Matt's for example as he uses only a very few translation means and thus it takes him faster but also decreases the quality of the preview and increases the chance of mistake.

Since I work with many MT and dictionaries my previews take longer but also makes it rather close to what original translation would be. There may (and probably will) still be mistakes yet the number is decreased considerably.

But because it is time consuming process to provide high quality preview I would prefer to do that for a chapter that is really in need and doesn't have a translation who works or plan's to work on it.

Serenade-Beta wrote
Hmm... After I finish chp. 1 of Volume 5, I'd prefer a different chapter (other than V.5/Chp.3) like Volume 3's untranslated chapter or the final chapter of Volume 6 (because it sounds so fun to translate that pyromaniacs' lines...) because chp3 of volume 5 focuses on... well... those two (Henrietta and her emo swordswomanAgnes)...
For me it sounds like he is more willing to translate Volume 6 than 3 so i don't know...
uh...well why don't you just do some of the earlier chapter of Volume 4 for now, and if Serenade decides no to work on Volume 3 Chapter 1 after finishing Volume 5 Chapter 1, then you can do a preview for it.
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Well, logically you would be probably the most correct however, there are three reasons why i would prefer translating 3 volume.

1 Is that after translating it a reader would get full 3 volumes, and if we consider that my previews are relatively close to human based translations you could actually read them through without too strong feeling of loss of quality due to previews in the middle... And if I would do 4th volume, because my previews though a bit faster than human translations are still not very fast, it isn't very clear when I could return to it, which would leave readers who do not want to spoil themselves with 2 volumes still...

2 would be that again for me it looks like S-B was more willing to try out 6 volume rather than 3

And 3rd would be because the 2 chapter of volume 4 is mostly about Wardes and Cromwell and I am not so eager to translate it...Well not at least now...

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”