Ladies and Gents bit of help is here.

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Noed
Astral Realm

Ladies and Gents bit of help is here.

Post by Noed »

Alrighty, checked in with the guys in charge and i'm happy to say if any of you good folks need raws to speed up the translating process, or just for personal enjoyment of this fine little novel. I can provide every single chapter along with the two side stories.

So if anybody is interested please post here or send a message.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Ladies and Gents bit of help is here.

Post by Vaelis »

There is no need for that, I have already the japanese and chinese raw in .txt format for every volume.
What we need to speed up the translation are translators, not the raws :|
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Actually, if you're offering I'll take copies of Vol. 9-13 plus the stories. I'm not directly involved in the project but as an admin I like to packrat stuff. :D

Although isn't this series licensed? I know it was talked about last year, and the licensing may be the reason work has stopped/slowed. I don't remember if there was any specific action taken on the news, though.
=Smidge=
legendofzeroone
Astral Realm

Post by legendofzeroone »

The licensed is held by Seven Seas Entertainment under the title Zero's Familiar.

http://www.gomanga.com/manga/zerosfamiliar.php

There's still awhile to go until the first volume will be released in english though, December 2008. Although I don't know much as to why translating has been stalled other than lack of translators.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Well personally I don't think that the project is stalled or has slowed down.
I would even say that it's the contrary...
legendofzeroone
Astral Realm

Post by legendofzeroone »

Vaelis wrote:Well personally I don't think that the project is stalled or has slowed down.
I would even say that it's the contrary...
True, it is rather speeding up.
Matt122004
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Matt122004 »

Yes, thanks to Serenade Beta (I was the one that found him, yea!) and Darknemo with his previews. :)

Arc is doing some translations, but I'd like to see them get finished soon.

We need more translators, not raws, translators.

-Matt :)
Currently Reading: Dantalian no Shoka 1 Image
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

I would love to find volume 14's chinese raw....
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

ArchmageXin wrote:I would love to find volume 14's chinese raw....
The release date in Japan is set for May 25th, it will be hard to find it right now :)
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

Vaelis wrote:
ArchmageXin wrote:I would love to find volume 14's chinese raw....
The release date in Japan is set for May 25th, it will be hard to find it right now :)
Reality have no place in my life :D
Trewth
Astral Realm

Post by Trewth »

I would like to see the Chinese raws for the two sidestories if you have them.
Then I'll probably pick a random chapter and start trying my hand at translating it.
DeotoxSlayer
Astral Realm

Post by DeotoxSlayer »

Trewth wrote:I would like to see the Chinese raws for the two sidestories if you have them.
Then I'll probably pick a random chapter and start trying my hand at translating it.
What a new translator has emerged YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
kamikazewave
Astral Realm

Post by kamikazewave »

Hey, if you guys still want translators I can try a bit on Simplified Chinese versions (hopefully with phonetics over some more obscure words), as long as someone can provide me the text and you guys don't expect too much. I'd prefer something from Volumes 6-8, since the earlier volumes are pretty much done or have people working on them. I signed myself up on the registration page for Volume 8 chapter 1.

On a side note, why aren't Chinese translation provided on the site? Are they somehow licensed in China? I couldn't find any Chinese version for sale on the internet , and I don't recall ever seeing any for sale in bookstores in China as well, though I do admit I wasn't really looking.

Thanks.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

A fair question. I'm also unable to find any official licensing in China for the novels, which is actually somewhat unusual. I think the common pattern of swift Chinese licensing usually puts Chinese fan-translations out of most people's minds.

=Smidge=
SeiryuuChan
Astral Realm

Post by SeiryuuChan »

Greeting everyone.

(Assuming jump ahead to business)
So How do I get the Japanese raw of zero no tsukaima light novel. Do I need to register first?.

I'm quite fond of this series, thanks to all translators who managed to translate this far ahead. But honestly I don't have the patience to wait around 1 months just to wait translated new chapter to be appear. For that, I'm sorry.

I have been considering to participate in this project for some time ago, but held back few times after not sure about my translation skills. Now after I refine my translation skill just a little I decided to give it a shot. But wait, before I continue I want you to understand my situation.

1. I don't have any real experience in translate. Except self translating when playing visual novel games.
2. Never seen any raw light novel text. Thus have no knowledge how difficult to translate light novel, including how long the text are.
3. Have no knowledge about submit an article to wiki
Not to mention I only willing to work on my free time which is end of week.

Now for the limit of my capability,
1. I think I can translate 1 chapter in one moth assuming 1 chapter not exceeding around 300 lines or so. That's the most important thing right?.
2. translate simple sentences in 3 - 60 seconds.
3. translate complex sentences in around 1 - 10 minutes. With the help of dictionary.
4. Translation quality not good as you thing you are. In other words still total crap, perhaps.

So do I pass or not?. Even if I failed if possible I still want to get my hand on raw version of this series.

I want raw volume 8 if that what you ask.

Pardon,

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”