Volume 6, Chapter 4

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Juicifer
Astral Realm

Re: Volume 6, Chapter 4

Post by Juicifer »

srstarry wrote:oh my, poor poor saito ^.^

im pretty sure most of louise's willpower went to torturing saito.
but i think saito is a masochist, so im sure he liked it. Its probably abit too much to show saito saying "motto motto~" while being whipped by louise XD any normal boy would have cracked i think.
seriously, i would of thrown her a beating by now to show who is boss. he has a sword on his back bigger than she is, how does he put up with that? it makes me curious as to how they keep portray her with a skirt when she clearly wears the pants in the relationship. but seriously, why would anyone in their right mind chase after some lolita when there are other "better" women around...

^^sry random rant

anyone know when is shape getting back for chap 5?
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Krikit »

According to this, Chapters 5-6 are already registered to people. Shape hasn't registered for anything yet ^_^
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Juicifer, why people fall in love even if they are so very different and the relationship do not do them any good? Answer me, and I as well might answer your question about why Saito obeys Louise so much...

But probably you wont be able to find an answer, People just fall in love... it would be boring if you would fall in love only into the ones that are the best suited for you, wouldn't it?

It would like going shopping - "Hmm this girl has my type of personality, face, eye color but her hair color do not match so one point is missing for me to fall in love. Lets go to look for some other." What boring life and love would be if it would l follow the schedule of the ones that are better.

Loving one means loving both good and bad in that person. Yes, the one that you love may have a spoiled personality that other girls do not have, but again - what is the point if they have softer personality if you do not love them?

On the other side, no one is ever better than the other in general, everything is just your personal evaluation that you like... So putting a generalization in your sentence is incorrect to begin with...
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

LOL, LET'S GET SAPPY!

So Jucifier, you'd think it would be better if Saito were with...Henrietta for example? For one, she seems to be getting romantically interested in Saito, and she doesn't have too many qualms about showing that side of her to him. On the contrary, Louise, whether she has feelings or not, doesn't show/want to show them, so for you personally, you would be more inclined to fall in love with someone who isn't so "prideful" that is, someone that is more willing to be affectionate with you...heck, I agree with you here ^_^, but with some time and work, I think Saito's found a gold mine in Louise...of course, there are some aspects that could use some work...

As far as getting beaten up, you never hit a girl...but I don't see why he doesn't run away more...heck, if someone was holding a whip over me, I'm not getting physically scarred by them...I'm getting the heck out of dodge, if you know what I mean. Jump out the window...whatever it takes. Then let her come after me...if she doesn't, then I'll come back, but discreetly, and while she's asleep...then go into the haystack 6_6

As for Dark...haha, Love Guru...^_^

While I can't say I've had the pleasant (or not so pleasant =]) experience yet, it seems logical, or illogical ^_^, to believe that there may not be anything you can do about the person you fall for....

I'm stopping the sappy talk...can't take much more....and if anyone finds out I posted this, It's gonna get embarrasing ^_^
srstarry
Astral Realm

Post by srstarry »

Juicifer, why people fall in love even if they are so very different and the relationship do not do them any good? Answer me, and I as well might answer your question about why Saito obeys Louise so much...

But probably you wont be able to find an answer, People just fall in love... it would be boring if you would fall in love only into the ones that are the best suited for you, wouldn't it?
didnt. i. answered. this. before. :D
saito. is. a. masochist. he. loves whips.
rawr. simple. eat me.
So Jucifier, you'd think it would be better if Saito were with...Henrietta for example? For one, she seems to be getting romantically interested in Saito, and she doesn't have too many qualms about showing that side of her to him.
well, i dont think henrietta is really interested in saito. she said herself "im a woman too u'know, and i need warmth of men" or something like that.
she was just plain horny, and didnt mind having it even with a dog. thats just the type of girl she is ^.^
[[[ sowee hanrietta fans, if there exist any ;X ]]]
no wonder Wales never said he loved her (ha ha ha)

while for louise, she always showed her caring side when it really matters, like...
-when guiche half killed saito
-when saito's armed got burnt by wind magic
more i forgot.

and i think its also probably because saito is the one of the few(if not the only) person who really knows louise's "real personality" which most of the time is shelled by her obsession of the concept of nobility.

anyways, rather then v5, im seriously more interested in what happened before ,during, and after the silver pentacost. the anime just squashed everything in a single 24 minut episode it was quite frustrating! (but it still was one of the best episodes in znt)

btw, if a commoner like me finds some errors in the noble's translation/grammar, do i have the previledge to correct them? just a question from a mole. (goes into saito's depressing mood)
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Hmm, I do not see anything embarrassing when discussing about love...Must be because I already grew out of the age when open talks about love or sex cause me to blush.

As for Henrietta, I think you are bit harsh on her, but it is true that concerning Saito she never really and trully loved him even when her advances became more serious in volume 9.

On the other hand Siesta may be an perfect girl (as long as you keep her away from alcohol). but again I always think that love stronger is not when you have a lot of similarities and never argue but when you have a lot of differences... Ah but this is my love philosophy, and I do not think I should discuss it here.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Needless to say, chapter 4's over, and I'm ever so anxiously awaiting chapter 5 ^_^....actually, I'm awaiting whatever happens next along the "main story" not agnes's route...want more of Saito's story.
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

i that some pressure on me? Well my speed is bit dropping as i still have some health problems and very busy with Evangelion board (where i am a mod) thus I do not have much time to translate...Though at the moment i type this I still have a window with the jap raw text opened and translating it slowly bit by bit.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

lol, sorry, it wasn't really pressure, but that's right...you're registered for chapter 6.....hahaha, ^_^

Whatever you want to do is fine, and I can't wait to read whatever you can translate ^_^ YAY ^_^

Now when you say health problems, do you mean cold? or more serious?

Anyway, can't wait for more ^_^
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Something more serious I am afraid. But I still am able to translate though do not have as much time as before...
srstarry
Astral Realm

Post by srstarry »

no worries. i dont think i will die anytime soon, and waiting for chapter translation is far far far far far far far x1000000 better then waiting for the novels to be published. i rather have 20 lines being updated/translated every week rather then waiting 2 years for 1 volume to come out(IF it comes out)
As for Henrietta, I think you are bit harsh on her, but it is true that concerning Saito she never really and trully loved him even when her advances became more serious in volume 9.
well, im just saying the truth XD, thats my impression of hanrietta, one might say she is the total opposite of siesta, except both being females.
its surprising how "the perfect girl" and "the hore" traded places in the anime ^.^
Juicifer
Astral Realm

Post by Juicifer »

Darknemo2000 wrote:Juicifer, why people fall in love even if they are so very different and the relationship do not do them any good? Answer me, and I as well might answer your question about why Saito obeys Louise so much...

It would like going shopping - "Hmm this girl has my type of personality, face, eye color but her hair color do not match so one point is missing for me to fall in love. Lets go to look for some other." What boring life and love would be if it would l follow the schedule of the ones that are better.

Loving one means loving both good and bad in that person. Yes, the one that you love may have a spoiled personality that other girls do not have, but again - what is the point if they have softer personality if you do not love them?
wow when i read this post, the only thing that came to mind was the south park episode where there was "smug" going around. this post is like a "perfect storm of self satisfaction", did you type this with your eyes closed while driving in a hybrid car?

hmmmm well there is a lot of things wrong with your train of thought. let me explain.
as it is, louse and saito already are suited for each other
louse = sadist
saito = masochist
sadist + masochist = perfectly f'ed up couple
i was just ranting because i am not a fan of tsundre characters and spineless male leads. but then again my rant is born more from the anime, where about every 5 minutes saito looks at boobs, louse gets mad, saito gets blown to hell.

and whats wrong with shopping for women? its not like they have feelings, they arent really people anyways.
Darknemo2000 wrote: On the other side, no one is ever better than the other in general, everything is just your personal evaluation that you like... So putting a generalization in your sentence is incorrect to begin with...
i DISAGREE sir. i firmly believe that i am better than everyone else.

by the way, i hope you noticed all the sarcasm in this post
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

I am sorry but your first part of the post sounds nonsense for me, maybe because i never watched South Park (nor I plan to ever do that).

I do believe that simply love binds one to each other even if they are not the best suited for you and eventually might end up in hurting you. If you find it to be weird, so be it.

All love can be described as sado=mazo you know. Relationship never is a fairytale sometime it hurts and sometimes it hurts a lot, but you juts come back. Of course in Saito/Louise's case the hurt is more physical than emotional but I think that their relationship is not based on such fetishes as you have listed.

Oh, and I can agree with your rant concerning anime...But this thread is about novels isn't? So would it not be more proper to discuss the characters in novels rather in anime (or if you are discussing characters in anime state so, as normally everyone would consider you are discussing novels). And novels do differ from anime quite a bit, just like the characters.

It's a good thing you noted that you are sarcastic about it, as I am notorious for my very poor humor sense and taking everything (too)seriously.
Juicifer
Astral Realm

Post by Juicifer »

well what i described werent exactly fetishes, sure they can be; but in general saito just likes abuse, and louse likes abusing people.

and gosh g golly, youre a serious sally.

lol im glad you noted about ur poor sense of humor or i would of taken this as a sarcasm post off. but i cant hate, specially when i <3 translators
srstarry
Astral Realm

Post by srstarry »

i was just ranting because i am not a fan of tsundre characters and spineless male leads
HEEEYY!!!

being a masochist doesnt mean he is a spineless male lead :evil: :evil: :evil:

he had quite allot of moments too u know...

....in the novels of coz...

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”