Considering translating V21 and V22 in one go

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ferfe
Astral Realm

Considering translating V21 and V22 in one go

Post by ferfe »

Just finished reading V22 myself. Was an end to a long series and in a sense a chapter of my youth. For others who might be like me but can't read Japanese, I'm considering translating V21 and V22 in one go. I want to gauge interest a bit first though, and I'd also would like to know if there's a chance I could get some reimbursement from donations for doing so to be honest, as it would take quite some time and effort. Curious how many western fans still care about ZnT after the long hiatus.

Also, can someone tell me why the page access counter was removed from Baka-Tsuki? Originally I wanted to just check that to see how many people are still reading the latest updates.

ferfe
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Considering translating V21 and V22 in one go

Post by Cthaeh »

Page access counters were removed some years ago to decrease server load. I'm not an expert on that stuff, but apparently it's a relatively significant burden, at least for mediawiki page counting.

Just a note, requesting (or offering) donations for translations goes against BT policy (same applies for linking to external sites/blogs that explicitly request donations), so that part of your interest wouldn't be a fit on BT.

Hopefully some people will see this and express some interest, but just a note that the forums are relatively dead, and I don't think as many people look here as once did. So there could be people interested (and I expect there are), they may just not check the forums to comment here.

I'll also note that another user, Shadowys, is currently registered to do volume 21, so if you do decide to work on it, you should check with him about volume 21 at least.
Shadowys
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Zero No Tsukaima

Post by Shadowys »

Hello, I'm currently tling v 21 but you're welcome to do v22. I was going to do v22 after v21 but it might be delayed for me due to real life.

However, do not expect donations. I personally am not welcome towards people who work on fan translation while expecting money.

If you're going to do it, I'll invite you over to our tl discord server where some of our other editors are.

You can also tl and put it up on your blog if you wish.
Winter's the time of the year,
when the cold chill the skin,
from the very within,
but you grasped my hand,
your eyes shedding a frozen tear.
Our eyes met,
and warmth filled the air.
Timmer
Astral Realm

Post by Timmer »

Any news about the translation of these volumes?
Shadowys
Project Translator

Post by Shadowys »

So far I haven't seen any new stuff
from the very within,
but you grasped my hand,
Our eyes met,
kasarrah
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kasarrah »

Hello, I am a fan if the book myself, it was one I'd the first few anime I have ever watched and I also feel similarly. I can only read a little Japanese but if you do decide the translate I could help out with miscellaneous tasks and do not mind donating.

Even if you don't end up translating thank you for attempting to get something going.
Lunar Vitae
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel: Maria-sama ga Miteru

Post by Lunar Vitae »

We appreciate your enthusiasm and kind words! One thing, however:
kasarrah wrote:[...] and do not mind donating.
We do, unfortunately.
Cthaeh wrote: Just a note, requesting (or offering) donations for translations goes against BT policy (same applies for linking to external sites/blogs that explicitly request donations), so that part of your interest wouldn't be a fit on BT.
Feel free to contact me here, on Discord (#5703), or on the wiki (Leviticus)!

Join our Discord!

Current Projects:
Maria-sama ga Miteru (Project Manager, Editor)
rodrick
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rodrick »

Hi, i just wanted to take the chance to thank Shadowys and veritatis cupitor, and any other translator I´m not aware of, for keeping the project active. I´ve been followin ZnT for a long time, and was afraid I might never get to read the true ending. So, yeah, thanks for all the work. Even if the forums are kinda dead and there is not much feedback appreciation-wise, do know that there are people who are very grateful for your effort. :D
Shadowys
Project Translator

Post by Shadowys »

rodrick wrote:Hi, i just wanted to take the chance to thank Shadowys and veritatis cupitor, and any other translator I´m not aware of, for keeping the project active. I´ve been followin ZnT for a long time, and was afraid I might never get to read the true ending. So, yeah, thanks for all the work. Even if the forums are kinda dead and there is not much feedback appreciation-wise, do know that there are people who are very grateful for your effort. :D
immorrel is taking over the translations for now :D and there's also purean, bygghandel, lao ding dong, on the "active" team
from the very within,
but you grasped my hand,
Our eyes met,
rodrick
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rodrick »

Shadowys wrote:
rodrick wrote:Hi, i just wanted to take the chance to thank Shadowys and veritatis cupitor, and any other translator I´m not aware of, for keeping the project active. I´ve been followin ZnT for a long time, and was afraid I might never get to read the true ending. So, yeah, thanks for all the work. Even if the forums are kinda dead and there is not much feedback appreciation-wise, do know that there are people who are very grateful for your effort. :D
immorrel is taking over the translations for now :D and there's also purean, bygghandel, lao ding dong, on the "active" team
well then, please give them a big thanks from my part, you guys are doing a great job, and the fact that no one is paying you or giving you any donations is something very admirable, because I know translating takes time and a lot of effort. It really makes me happy knowing there is still altruism out there.
rodrick
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rodrick »

Hey guys, I see that updates became more frequent (I check often). Thank you SO much for all the work.
Is there an ETA on the full translation for last volume? Just curious.
Shadowys
Project Translator

Post by Shadowys »

Hi guys no ETA yet but progress has not stopped. Thanks for the support!
from the very within,
but you grasped my hand,
Our eyes met,
rodrick
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rodrick »

Thank you for the non-stop effort you all put in the translation. Cant believe we are so close to finish reading this LN, all thanks to you guys
Nightblade
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Nightblade »

Thanks for translating! I love the series! Would not be able to read many series like this one in English due to not knowing enough Japanese.

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”